beginning my bulking

greenwing7

greenwing7

Awards
right now I have been working out hard, and consistently since being out of school for the summer, most importantly I have been taking in at least 3500cal/day. I have been eating anything with calories plus weight gainer and ON protein along with Nitrix and NO-Xplode. I'm already up about 8lbs and have gotten a lot of strength. I'm not really worried about putting on any body fat becuase I have NEVER been able to no matter what! Here are some pics from a few weeks back currently I am at about 173. I'm trying to keep myself proportional through all this any suggestions are welcome! I'll be hanging around here doing a lot of reading and not much talking trying to learn as much as possible
thanks
ABS

LATS

SPLIT!

SHOULDERS

BACK

Ronnie

Ronnie

Awards
  • Established
You can def tell the Nitrix is working! Oh BTW lovely decorations in your room!

greenwing7

greenwing7

Awards
NOT MY ROOM LOL my sister is into photography so I had her do it I was waiting for how soon someone would notice them!!!
too bad she had the auto focus on oh well

Beandorf

Beandorf

Awards
I used to sit around and eat garbage food and never really gained any weight at all lol, we are blessed with good genetics...when I start bulking again in early september basically will be eating everything in site and just lifting heavy...you will blow up :p Im a big protein person so usually I take in like 150 grams a day along with good carbs and sides of vegetables with like 2 meals a day and after about 3-5 months your upper body will blow up and your stomach will shrink. I also do a little bit of cardio...even tho I dont really do any and can maintain like 8-10% BF from just workin out

You are very ripped as it is so just eat and lift heavy :)

greenwing7

greenwing7

Awards
Thick burgers became my best friend for lunch after a work out I will try and have 2 at least once a week, they have like 800 claories each! and with fries and a drink I'll push over 2000.

Beandorf

Beandorf

Awards
Thick burgers became my best friend for lunch after a work out I will try and have 2 at least once a week, they have like 800 claories each! and with fries and a drink I'll push over 2000.
sweet lol, my big thing is cottage cheese...I freakin love it. I put it on everything :p

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
It's amazing how some people can eat whatever they want and never see an ounce of body fat... damn genetics, I don't think I've ever seen my lower abs.. haha.. A little off subject, but did your tat hurt? I'm going to be getting mine done in that exact spot and was wondering about the pain.

greenwing7

greenwing7

Awards
lol yeah one side hurt more than the other, but I don't remember which, took about 2-2.5 hours cause she had to use a single needle cause it was too detailed to really shade in you could feel it in your face when she would go right over the spine... I was also about 20lbs smaller when I got that done though yeah I just had about 1600 Cal for lunch and I'm going to be doing the same for dinner and 4th meal :)

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
I like the striations in your bicep heads,thats some serious low arm fat,nice,you should bulk well being so lean

greenwing7

greenwing7

Awards
Getswole, glad to see that such a reputable member is taking notice of the noob :) LOL right now

So whats your battle plan:
Gear: none as of now... have SD and pp on hand but still trying to see if I want to use them and if I do, use them properly.
Supps: ON weight gainer(12lb), ON protein (10lb) just got finished with nitrix and still have a little no-xplode
Ancillaries: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Ancillaries
what are these I'm pretty smart most of the time but can't relate any of these defenitions specifically to working out
Goals: I don't want a neck... realistically tho I just want to get big and strong and put on weight(everyone wants what they can't have)
Diet:DIRTY super dirty I just try and eat a minimum of 3000 cal per day, usually its around 4000
Lifts:not much but I'm improving...
bench 225x8
squat 225x7(been a runner all my life so I'm not built to squat)
deadlift... don't know how to do it properly so I haven't played with this animal, I'll give it a try when I go back to school.

This fall I am going to continue my bulking but try and clean up my diet and log my workouts. supps I intend to bring to the game are multivitamin, fish oil, creatine. my goal by winter is to be about 185 so another 10 lbs is what I am shooting for, realistically I can live with 180 because I do a lot of extra stuff in my life so I can only be... at best 90% on with my diet and exercise, sepecially once hunting seasons start up this fall :) So far I love what I see here and in about 2 weeks I'll post some progress pics to see the difference I've made over the summer. might have to turn this into a workout log this fall... we shall see!

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
My best advice to get you to 200lbs the quickest is EAT,EAT,EATT!!....3000cals is decent for your weight,but don't be afraid to go higher,hell,3 BK Combos is 3,000 cals...
basically eat until your full,then eat some more,,Hr. Later,eat some more,don't worry about keeping carbs down,carbs are your freind in getting you to 200lb range,bread,pasta,rice...and sugar isn't going to hurt you,Grab you a gallon jug and keep it with you all day,water is your friend,I have mixed feelings on creatine and don't use it myself....BCAA'a,Amino Acids,Digestive enzymes,At your weight I would shoot for 400g protien every day for maximum gains..and all the carbs you can stuff your face with,Some fat is fine,Calories,Shoot for 5,000 + everyday and you will see gains...just make sure your working out..You will make tons of gains in the next year if you do all this...without any supplements period,save the prohormones for later if you ask me,when you need them and plateu on your own,noone plateaus at 175lbs,....get your grub on;)Browse my profile and check out all the threads I've posted hear,read through them,you will learn alot ,PM me if you need some specifics,good luck gettin big

greenwing7

greenwing7

Awards
yeah I'm really just guessing at my cals I really need to log them but on training days I try to go to hardees and get 2 thick burgers for lunch, one a combo meal, so that there is about 2k Cal. Will start to keep track a lot more when I start back into school this fall.

I use the fullness scale for my eating habbits, eat till full don't eat carbs first they fill you up fast, and then when I'm full I try and eat another 15% on top of what I already ate.

I think physically I have a really small frame my waist is somewhere arount 29inches so we'll see where I plateau at a few years from now. Mostly picked up the PH becuase I am worried about another ban so I got them figured if I didn't need them I could always get rid of them.

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
The most important thing here is you need 40+grams protien every 3 hrs....or your not making maximum progress,the 3 meals a day is the opposite of gains...more like 6-8 meals a day....they don't have to be as large...Weight gainer shakes around 3k cals a shake will benefit you,although can be gained through diet,but its easy to down a shake midday,or at night to throw an extra 3,000 cals on top of your entire day,do that and train and you'll be good to go

yeah I'm really just guessing at my cals I really need to log them but on training days I try to go to hardees and get 2 thick burgers for lunch, one a combo meal, so that there is about 2k Cal. Will start to keep track a lot more when I start back into school this fall.

I use the fullness scale for my eating habbits, eat till full don't eat carbs first they fill you up fast, and then when I'm full I try and eat another 15% on top of what I already ate.

I think physically I have a really small frame my waist is somewhere arount 29inches so we'll see where I plateau at a few years from now. Mostly picked up the PH becuase I am worried about another ban so I got them figured if I didn't need them I could always get rid of them.

greenwing7

greenwing7

Awards
ok so I just got this ftness consult thingy done at school and all I really cared about was my B/F % but they made me do a whole bunch of other stuff as well so here is some of it
5'10"
176lbs(thats an increase of 13lbs since the begining of the summer)
b/f 7.2%
bp140/78(seems a little high)
heart rate 70

no blood work but I am trying to see if they have any of those free cholesterol screeneings so I can get a baseline

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Pics look good so far. Happy bulking. I blow up if I just look at food:)

greenwing7

greenwing7

Awards
those pics are from about mid june so I have an extra 6-8lbs on top of that so I'm super excited

Beandorf

Beandorf

Awards
i am 5'10 and weigh 175 right now as well greenwing....I started off in april dieting and went to 165 from 180 and remained on the same diet and just lifted with a few supplements and i gained 10 lbs of what i hope to be muscle. I was always a little worried about my stomach having too much fat on it if I just ate everything in site and lifted heavy so I think Im going with the 170 or so grams of protein a day with loads of lettuce and brown rice and oatmeal. I really only just started lifting in april so Im no expert but a few close friends ive made at the gym have given me this advice :p

Good luck

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
For bulking you really want to shoot for 2 grams of protien per lb. of bodyweight....like you just said 170grams protien,and 175 lbs,thats slightly below maintanence even,no muscle to be gained there,if anything you will slowly lose it,or be lucky to just maintain what you have,at 175lbs,your should be shooting for 350 grams protien throughout the entire day for maximum gains,and after that fill up on carbs,carbs are just as important as protien for big gains...

Beandorf

Beandorf

Awards
For bulking you really want to shoot for 2 grams of protien per lb. of bodyweight....like you just said 170grams protien,and 175 lbs,thats slightly below maintanence even,no muscle to be gained there,if anything you will slowly lose it,or be lucky to just maintain what you have,at 175lbs,your should be shooting for 350 grams protien throughout the entire day for maximum gains,and after that fill up on carbs,carbs are just as important as protien for big gains...

Cant say I really want to like bulk bulk tho...Im still new to the working out and dont really know what I want...I know I want to keep a low body fat and have definition but also have some decent size...not looking to be a monster...just maybe like 180-190 and be solid. So how does like 200gs of protein sound...I also take Incarnate to help me put on some muscle. I also dont know how much protein i usually intake a day...usually ill eat a turkey sandwhich with some eggs in the morning and like chicken at night with some broccoli and rice and for my midafter noon and morning snack ill have like a leanbody which i think is like a 40g protein shake...but as far as per slice of turkey or piece of chicken i dont know the protein.

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
Well as far as bulking,if you wanna get big you gotta feed those muscles,by all means you can stop when you've achieved your size you like,but the approach is still the same.
Once you've got a good diet down you won't really need to count your cals/etc..anymore...you'll get the feel for a proper diet...but to get you pointed in the right direction,heres a post I listed a while back,it shows cals/protien/carbs/fat..of everyfood there is...you can glance at it to help you get an idea of what your eating....just kep track of what you eat one day,and then check that list and see how much protien you actually got,this is one of the #1 things IMO that most guys don't do right when beginning,you hear protien this/protien that...but it still doesn't soak in how VITAL protien is,even guys taking massive amounts of steroids will barely gain a lb if they're not just completely taking in so much protien its nauseating,food is everything as far as muscle is concerned,alot of beginners thiunk if you workout alot ,you gain alot...which is far from true,you can make more gains eating mopre/working out less,,,,,than you could working out more,eating less....basically the workout is wasted if the protien/carbs/fat aren't there to fuel the new growth....If you want to build muscle fast as possible 1.5-2grams protien per lb of your bodyweight is minimum...! gram per lb is maintenence...that means just to attempt to keep what you have...

heres the food list:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/general-chat/71446-complete-breakdown-calories.html

greenwing7

greenwing7

Awards
YA! I'm already sick of eating Lifting is the fun and easy part of this, eating sucks! I am ALWAYS full and if I don't eat after about 4 hours I just get sicky feeling not hungry. Haven't been hungry in like 3-4 months.... except the other night that I "supplemented" and got the munchies and ordered everything on the breakfast menu at Mc. Donalds at 4am it was $22!!