new member pics

smalls556

smalls556

Awards
these were cold no pump the day before my last mma tournament so i was dehydrated i was about 195/200lb i was weighing 215 or so but because of a partial tear on my MCL on my right knee i couldnt do legs like i needed to so my wheels lossed alot of weight.

Attachments

Last edited:
somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Lookin hard, with good vascularity, one thing man hit those rear delts, theyre a biatch but youd add a visual 10-15 pounds with cannon balls on your shoulders, not to mention the shoulder stability and therefore decrease in injury risk for the upper body.

smalls556

smalls556

Awards
Lookin hard, with good vascularity, one thing man hit those rear delts, theyre a biatch but youd add a visual 10-15 pounds with cannon balls on your shoulders, not to mention the shoulder stability and therefore decrease in injury risk for the upper body.
i appreciate it man, i definitley need to, i see what your saying my leteral delts have acualy improved a little since the pics, shoulders have always been a weak spot for because a dis-located my left when i was 14

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/62362-wider-rounder-delts.html

Ouch bro shoulder injuries are def problematic to overcome, just saw this link if it can help a bit. your front and lateral are great its just the rear, a small tip for your shoulder exercises.

Its all about elbow position, when doing side raises if you lead with your elbow and keep it high as a focal point more than focusing on getting the weight up. Its not about lifting the weight but about working the muscle. Or you can do your side laterals with your elbows at 90 degrees and keep those elbows higher than your wrists, youll be screaming with 5 pound dumbells if you can keep your shoulders down to prevent your traps helping your weak rear delts. Your body is an amazing machine and its finds ways to overcome muscle imbalances, you must isolate the weak rear delt and lift tiny weights until you find the form to make em burn and they catch up if you can manage this. so once more shoulders locked down with no trap/ back movement ( i noticed you have strong traps and this is why your rears are small as they prolly pull the load for them) and elbows high forces the load across the back of your shoulders. another thing is instead of lifiting thumbs up turn your thumbs down or try neutral thumbs parralel to the floor) if thats too weird.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
By locked down shoulders i mean exactly what you are doing in your lat flex picture, the second one. This isolates the shoulder independant of the traps, if your shoulders rise and fall then the trap is lifting them, and that is not the objective of a shoulder exercise.

smalls556

smalls556

Awards
By locked down shoulders i mean exactly what you are doing in your lat flex picture, the second one. This isolates the shoulder independant of the traps, if your shoulders rise and fall then the trap is lifting them, and that is not the objective of a shoulder exercise.
awesome bro thanks alot. i will give this a try it makes alot of sense because when i do my lat. raises my traps burn like hell. when i finish my sets i use 10lb DB and turn my thumb down like you described, until failure, but i dont really concentrate on keeping my shoulders locked in.:cheers:

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
awesome bro thanks alot. i will give this a try it makes alot of sense because when i do my lat. raises my traps burn like hell. when i finish my sets i use 10lb DB and turn my thumb down like you described, until failure, but i dont really concentrate on keeping my shoulders locked in.:cheers:
Shoulders are tough, believe me my shoulders looked/look like yours and through toiling away i have found a few principles to follow, lead your raises with your elbow not your wrists. Let me know how it goes. cheers.

smalls556

smalls556

Awards
Shoulders are tough, believe me my shoulders looked/look like yours and through toiling away i have found a few principles to follow, lead your raises with your elbow not your wrists. Let me know how it goes. cheers.
will do, thanks

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah and dont forget to flex your lats hard to keep your shoulder blades from moving and activating your traps.

smalls556

smalls556

Awards
Oh yeah and dont forget to flex your lats hard to keep your shoulder blades from moving and activating your traps.
really, that makes alot of sense, it will help to keep them locked into place, i am excited to get those rear delts up to speed you are definitley right about adding a visual 10lb