Critique my pics please

superman20

Awards
Ok i am 6'3 258 lbs, about 10% bodyfat. It may not look 10%, but i am white as a sheet so its hard to see any definition. Please let me know what i should work on. thanks.

Attachments

ryano

Awards
  • Established
Shoulders, arms, and quads look great..got a nice taper going on. Hard to tell whats going on with the traps..maybe give us a crab pic.

I would say your a bit above 10 even though your white as a ghost but man your looking big for sure.

I think your calves need a little work along with your chest to balance out all the great work you have been doing on your shoulders,arms and quads.

Overall your looking pretty thick..good work. Reps for you superman.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How old are you? You look like a 16 year old mammoth.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow youre a pretty big guy man! Def. got the material for mass. Bet nobody messes with you lol!

needs work: chest calves and shave more fat....left arm looks bigger than the right kinda like mine :] no offense.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
You look great for 21.. good size.

I don't think you're that close to 10% bf though. You're not THAT white and I do not see any semblance of abs.

You've put in some good work for sure though.

superman20

Awards
maybe ill have to take some ab pics cuz my stomach isnt tightened in those pics. Do you think i should do any cardio or should i just keep on puttin on the size?

ryano

Awards
  • Established
If your not doing any cardio now then 30 mins on your off days will probably do wonders for you..as long as the diets in check.

superman20

Awards
ryano i think im gonna take you up on that. However, i always wondered that if i am doing cardio, would i be burning up muscle. because the whole point of a bulk is too gain muscle. How would that work?

MiKeY ReSp

Awards
  • Established
ryano i think im gonna take you up on that. However, i always wondered that if i am doing cardio, would i be burning up muscle. because the whole point of a bulk is too gain muscle. How would that work?
It would have to do with finding your balance with your calorie intake and how much you burn. There are a lot of people who either bulk or cut as separate phases, but I think taking in an unneccesary amount of surplus calories will only result in getting fatter.

I think if you take in a few hundred calories above maintence (take into account the cardio your doing) its possible to burn fat and build muscle at the same time. There have been occassions (both while ON and not) that I have leaned out while getting stronger and bigger.

Anyhow, ABSOLUTELY GREAT pics. You have obviously worked extremely hard and its amazing what you have built while only 21. Thanks for posting!

-Mike

superman20

Awards
16%? haha yea right. I got my bodyfat taken and i am 9.9%. Yea maybe im not that low but thats what the person that gave me the bf said. If i was to get a tan, which i am completely white and i am holding some water weight then i would look completely different. i would have to have an ab shot for you to see i guess

SSW

SSW

Awards
You're a big dude!!! I don't know about 10% though, look a little soft. With all due respect.

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
You look great man....I remember being 21.......I think!!!:jaw:

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Looking gread dude, no doubt! Quads look awesome. I agree with Mikey up top - there's plenty of ways to bulk clean and stay lean. You'll have to gain a minimal amount of fat to gain weight, especially naturally, but ultra high calorie diets and blowing up like a walrus just arent good for you.

BV

madman911

madman911

Awards
Very good size, but no... you are not 10%, accept it. I don't care what calipers say, the mirror and photos don't lie. Caliper measurements provide a 2-6% underestimation depending on both the individual being measured and the person doing the measuring. I measure 7% right now, and I'm more like 10%. I'd say you are 14-16%. I might suggest that you go ahead and cut down. I would not recommend bulking up over 14% if your goal is to eventually get ripped or contest prep.

superman20

Awards
yea i am thinking that maybe a month before i start my actual contest diet ill continue bulking but only try to use just sweet potatoes, oatmeal, brown rice, chicken breasts, tuna, etc. Maybe that will drop my bf a tab along with start doing a little cardio.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
I would say your calves need some work but other than that for 21 yrs old you look great. Keep up the good work and keep us updated

Owen70

Awards
Ok i am 6'3 258 lbs, about 10% bodyfat. It may not look 10%, but i am white as a sheet so its hard to see any definition. Please let me know what i should work on. thanks.
i think you could get a lot more balance by maybe splitting up your back./pull days into horizontal and verticaL days-you need more emphasis on back thickness/detail, lower lat width, and calves. also, it seems you have endo hips like myself, which will require you to add more shoulder size while following the protocol already stated to really achieve a v-taper.other than that good balance.

Casey Butt

Awards
Awesome quads. My thoughts...

You look like you're doing too much pressing. Prioritize side delts more and use exercises that target your pecs more than just pushing big weights.

Your biceps and lower lats need work to keep up with your "pressing" shoulders. :)

You need more calves and hamstrings to keep up with those big quads.

You are really wide, and when you develop your side delts more you'll be even wider. I'd do some neck work, otherwise your wide shoulders are going to make you look pencil-necked.

You have a very impressive foundation to build on.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
16%? haha yea right. I got my bodyfat taken and i am 9.9%. Yea maybe im not that low but thats what the person that gave me the bf said. If i was to get a tan, which i am completely white and i am holding some water weight then i would look completely different. i would have to have an ab shot for you to see i guess
No, I would say 16% is a very fair estimate. Do not take offense, it isn't that big of a deal. I would say 90% of the people on net boards underestimate their bodyfat percentage, hence the '10-12%' comment on logs and descriptions being the most common combination of words on these boards besides 'seriously bro', 'gyno-help!', 'my diet is clean', 'what supps are good for ______', and 'I am 17 and what to take ______'.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I might suggest that you go ahead and cut down. I would not recommend bulking up over 14% if your goal is to eventually get ripped or contest prep.
I would tend to disagree with you here, as this statement depends entirely on one's knowledge of nutrition, metabolism, training schedule (including cardio), etc., While I do not feel it is good to 'dirty-bulk' and and walrus up as BV put it, I don't feel stating an objective catch-all number for bulking limit is proper.

On another note, I forgot to state in the above post I feel the cardio idea is a great one. IMO, the risk of muscle burning is completely overstated and can be avoided completely if one's caloric intake is tailored properly to one's expenditures. Treat cardio like you would a resistance workout, employing a comprehensive Pre and Post WO set-up, that way ensuring your body will have the proper energy source and will not need to turn to muscle.