My back

celicarida

Awards
Just a quick pic of my back . Need some advice on what to work on .
5'10 182 pounds .
Just started doin deadlifts 3 weeks ago.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Deads are great.Myself I like heavy rows( bent or seated)Also straight arm lat pulldowns give me width.you look good and these exercises done HEAVY will make you thick and wide .Good luck :thumbsup:

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
deadlifts, rack deads, BB rows, wide grip pull ups, wide grip lat pulldowns

those are my favorite movements back thickess and back width ... use good form and don't be stupid with weights .. don't overtrain also

celicarida

Awards
overtraining i think is my biggest problem with my arms
Also i think my traps are laggin

For back im gonna be doing

lat pull down 3 sets
pull ups 3 sets
dead lift 3 sets
bb rows 3 sets

All this once a week

MiKeY ReSp

Awards
  • Established
Lookin' good! Nice taper and shoulders!

A little constructive criticism...

I was going to say you could bring up your arms and traps, but you already know that. What does your current arm routine look like?

Your back workout looks pretty good, very similiar to mine. Might want to throw in some good mornings or hypers into the mix to strengthen your lower back for deadlifts. Great idea to start incorporating them into your workouts, your back is really going to take off now.

Thanks for pics and keep us updated!

Take care,

Mike

celicarida

Awards
biceps and triceps i was workin them out twice a week around 20 sets total for each.

Now biceps will be

3 sets of straight bar curls
3 sets of preacher curls
3 sets of incline curls

Triceps

3 sets of tricep pushdowns
3 sets of overhead ext.
3 sets of skull crushers

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
to be honest i still think you're going to overtrain this way ... more specifically i think you could train less and smarter and make better gains

check out my log (the first part) and ubiquitious' log in the workout logs .. i guarantee you'll see great gains on a workout like these

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
some good advice here from other members..i would incorporate and try different sets and rep schemes, different variety of exercises that trains the entire back, and find what responds to YOU best. my best advice i could give is train your back as heavy as you can, but focus on FEELING the exercise in your back. concentrate on the contraction, the pump. it's easy to get carried away and use to much weight, which looks great, but causes little muscle stimulation for the entire back region. so train heavy, but don't sacrifice form and feel.