40 lbs in 13 months

Rockscar

Rockscar

Awards
Hi Guys:

Just to show some progress over the last year.

I've gone from 131 to 173 in a little over a year @ 5'7"

Arms March 2005 11.5"
Arms March 2006 14.25"
Chest March 2005 37.5"
Chest March 2005 43

Bench from 125 to 275

I eat about 3400 calories a day and intake about 200gms of Protein.

My goal is to get to 190lbs next year.

I do a 2 day split. I also use low volume.

Day 1: Chest 3-4x8 (Incline, Flat Bench) Tris 3x10(Close grip bench top 50% movement) Quads 3x8 (squats, lunges,)

Day 2: Back 3x10 (pullups/ bent over rows) Traps 4x8 (Barbell shrugs)
Bicep 4x12 (barbell curls..a little more volume) Hammies 3x8 (leg curls) 4x8 4x15 calf (standing and seated raises)

Attachments

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
GREAT JOB!

Huge difference

CONGRATS

CROWLER

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
hey i've seen you before on .. ahem... t-nation? hack spit cough

anyways, not bad ... natty? New Zealand or Australia right? let's see if my memory serves me correctly.

Seriously though.. good work.

Rockscar

Rockscar

Awards
hey i've seen you before on .. ahem... t-nation? hack spit cough

anyways, not bad ... natty? New Zealand or Australia right? let's see if my memory serves me correctly.

Seriously though.. good work.

No California, I was in Australia last June...that's where I got my Tat. I thought I'd finally contribute to this board as I've lurked here over a year now.:icon_lol:

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
There's a lot better information here than that other *shudder* place.

You still should have applauded my memory. ;)

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That's not that impressive...LOL!

Just playing bro, but seriously this is a great board and your kind isn't welcome here. :icon_lol:

Rockscar

Rockscar

Awards
That's not that impressive...LOL!

Just playing bro, but seriously this is a great board and your kind isn't welcome here. :icon_lol:

You know I know you know you suck! Glad to see the screen name does not change!!

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
Hi Guys:

Just to show some progress over the last year.

I've gone from 131 to 173 in a little over a year @ 5'7"

Arms March 2005 11.5"
Arms March 2006 14.25"
Chest March 2005 37.5"
Chest March 2005 43
My arms went from 37.5" to 43" in a year (cold flexed).

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Nice Job Rockscar! Keep up th good work.

anabolicandre

Awards
definitly impressive transformation!

Keep up the awesome work.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
LMAO!Man I'm a tard sometimes. Hey Achiles I thought that was you in your avatar until I saw the pic elsewhere today. I dunno what the hell it is but when I see avatars with pics of dudes in them (especially if they're not famous or I can't see their face) I think it's the person's pic????? I need to go to sleep now.

Proteinpowda

Awards
I recognized a couple names on this thread :) I just thought I might say hi....and yes it's the real me.

Proteinpowda

Awards
The nation? I quit b/c of censorship issues...and the farwell post I wrote to everyone (censored of course) got me kicked off. The site has gone downhill lately......

As for pictures....lets just say I've made some SERIOUS progresss and if I went back there to post pics it would be "look at me now...."

Foopa's doing quite well except she's upset that I put new laminate floors in the house (which is a lot cleaner too except for the sawdust) b/c it's harder for her to run. She ends up slipping and sliding all over :)

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You know it's kinda funny that you got banned Powda. I've said some of the most retarded offensive nonsensical (sp?) ish on that board and still only gotten a warning here and there. Of course I'd never really say anthing about their products, even if I did it was edited, so I guess you can take what you want from that. Aaaannway nice to see you two upstanding gentlemen here and I look forward to hearing from you. BTW, in case you hadn't picked up on this yet, the supplement companies that advertise on this board are run by very cool guys who treat there customers like gold and are real considerate of ANY type of feedback. At least the ones I've dealt with so far, and I'm not much for ****riding so that should mean alot.

Proteinpowda

Awards
I'm pretty fond of anabolicx....Compare the post the posts made about stimulant X to say Spike....I wrote a reivew of Spike that was extremely in depth and based on nearly 10 people's experience..and how many were non-responders and how some on other forums were getting sick from the product and it was censored. On here it's all game.

On a side note Wideguy I was banned there once before...as have a lot of people. They just edit the posts down. Hell I had a post edited in which I said Strawberry Grow doesn't take as good better than other strawberry products and Orange just does not go with Protein. They of course left in the part that I liked the chocolate flavor.... Care to know the mod that did that one? Our very own Atomic Dog....
Another example: I had a post censored b/c I told someone that you could get regular hot-rox cheaper on a mg/mg basis from other sites.... I was asked to "change the way I think."

Oh well enough ranting...great progress btw Rockscar.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
NOT to hijack, but this is the reason I was bent out of shape when Aspire compared AX to BioTest!!! A company that acts like McCartney's little brother, and thats not offensive??? Ok I am off my soapbox now... I left BioTest alone once they said ephedra was obsolete...

Proteinpowda

Awards
NOT to hijack, but this is the reason I was bent out of shape when Aspire compared AX to BioTest!!! A company that acts like McCartney's little brother, and thats not offensive??? Ok I am off my soapbox now... I left BioTest alone once they said ephedra was obsolete...
Yeah I bought into it for awhile...believing that all other products sucked b.c they had their authors write articles on them....then one day I stumbled across another supplement store that let users review the products and noticed that Biotest's products were getting the axe and everything else was getting the gold....And then the whole thing when I posted people were having negative or no reactions to Spike and instead of adressing the issue they write an article saying we're not using it correctly.....I was done.

I almost felt like a traitor though b/c they sent me a lot of free stuff (bottle of spike, 13 tubs of Grow, box of MD bars) when I got into a debate with them once

As far as Hot-Rox and ephedrine... Honestly I think Hot-Rox is a good product and possibly equivelant to ephedrine in terms of fat loss. You give either product to a sedentary individual and Ephedrine/Caffeine will win hands down b/c of suppresses appetite more but in terms of metabolic effect it's a close call!
END HIJACK!

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
That board is a complete joke. Their censorship is borderline draconian.

I know of someone who's seen a few of the authors there... and he said they are toothpicks.. literally do not look like they train.. yet they write training articles....

Proteinpowda

Awards

I know of someone who's seen a few of the authors there... and he said they are toothpicks.. literally do not look like they train.. yet they write training articles....
Ok I will rant about the forums and the products but I will not rant about the articles. They have a lot of GOOD authors...Dr. John Berardi for exampe, Chad Waterbury. I've met Chad Waterbury in person and he's a pretty damn big guy and so is John Berardi, not to mention one of the most knowledgeable people in the industry. And those are their two best writers. Then again one of the other writers...well he had a nice beer belly but I won't dispute his coaching ability; he's awesome. Truly I think they have or had some of the best articles on the net. And TC is hysterical.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I should have actually mentioned them as the exception.. Chad and Berardi.

anyways, I get angry talking about that place.. so stop it.

Proteinpowda

Awards
I should have actually mentioned them as the exception.. Chad and Berardi.

anyways, I get angry talking about that place.. so stop it.
Yeah we need to end this hijack....

Rockscar I posted a pic on my other thread just for you :)

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah Powda you are a big guy, glad to have you over here you seem pretty Knowledgable!!! last hijack to this though I have used Hot Rox it is effective for 2months plus, but who wants too wait two months for some kick ass ECA like type of effect??? ANywho Rockscar keep up the good work hijack over I promise !!!

Rockscar

Rockscar

Awards
Yeah Powda you are a big guy, glad to have you over here you seem pretty Knowledgable!!! last hijack to this though I have used Hot Rox it is effective for 2months plus, but who wants too wait two months for some kick ass ECA like type of effect??? ANywho Rockscar keep up the good work hijack over I promise !!!
It's quite allright. I have not had the same experiences as Powda but that's because I don't worship their supps, so I don't really get into it their. I usually come here to look into supps and other things along those lines...

I'll post agin when I get to 185.

Proteinpowda

Awards
It's quite allright. I have not had the same experiences as Powda but that's because I don't worship their supps, so I don't really get into it their. I usually come here to look into supps and other things along those lines...

I'll post agin when I get to 185.
I don't worship their supps.....that's why I got kicked off :)

Proteinpowda

Awards
Thanks for the kudos! I haven't ever used Hot-Rox for more than 4 weeks. My opinion is that if it's taking 2 months to see the results you want, your diet, not your supplements, needs to be revamped. Personally I think a really powerful stack is just plain caffeine + ephedrine HCL. I was taking that Fedra product + San's T2 a week or two ago. The good news was that I was up til 2am banging in floorboards in my house; the bad news was that I could feel my blood pressure shooting sky high (as in pulsating in my head) and that I couldn't sleep. Also I just stopped cold turkey after a week and got sick as hell for about two days. I felt like I had a fever yet my body temperature was only 97, and I couldn't move...caffeine withdrawl anyone? I should've tapered...

Last edited:
Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah caffine withdrawl is nuts when I stop cold turkeyi do 2 grams of L-tyrosine to ease the headache...

Ectofighter

Ectofighter

Awards
That's amazing results. I however find putting on muscle seems to be a bit of a chore. I'm 6'1 and 150lbs. I do workout 5 days a week but seems as though I can't eat enough. I also would like to be rid of my bulging stomach. I have a six-pack but the bottom muscle is barely showing. How can I rid of this excess fat while bulking at the same time?

any thoughts?

Rockscar

Rockscar

Awards
That's amazing results. I however find putting on muscle seems to be a bit of a chore. I'm 6'1 and 150lbs. I do workout 5 days a week but seems as though I can't eat enough. I also would like to be rid of my bulging stomach. I have a six-pack but the bottom muscle is barely showing. How can I rid of this excess fat while bulking at the same time?

any thoughts?
Typically this approach is counterproductive in the overall bulking process. You CAn do it, but it takes a long long time for results.

1. You feel like you can't eat enough.
2. You are 150 and 6'1.
3. You feel you have a bulging stomach.

Number 2 and 3 really don't equate together. 1 and 2 are the things you should concentrate on. You do not need to even be looking at your stomach right now. Look at the core chest, shoulders back and legs. As these things grow, even with bulking fat that is essential your gut will not show as much since your frame will grow at a fater rate.

I'd go with force feeding 5k calories and lift heavy. If you do not put on 5-7 lbs in a month I'd be surprised.

Good luck.

Proteinpowda

Awards

any thoughts?

Bulging Stomach? If you're 6'1 and only 150 it's not a bulging stomach, it's bad posture. I've been extremely lean and still looked like I had a gut b/c of not standing properly. Focus on keeping your back straighter (e.g. get rid of that lordosis). Try this: contract your glutes when you stand and you'll notice that you'll also have to co-contract your TVA (suck in your stomach) while also sticking your chest out like you're in the military....voila your gut is gone.

Now you're 6'1 and 150...while this might be an acceptable weight in Somalia (not to step on anyone's toes) it's not an acceptable weight in a bodybuilding community. You NEED to eat and lift...Get you ass to the gym 3-5x a week, lift some weights for lower reps (no more than 12, preferably 6-8), and do these lifts
1) Bench
2) Military press
3) Squats
4) Deadlifts
5) Rows
6) Chinups
7) Dips
8) Lunges

Or variations of these lifts
Cleans are also great...

Foods: Eat more calorically dense foods, e.g. Dried fruits instead of regular fruits, lots of nuts, peanut or almond butter, MEAT...
And one of the cheapest but densest foods..Pop-Tarts. Eat two pop tarts and some form of a protein shake 30 minutes prior to every workout.

And for reference why do I reccomened pop tarts before a workout? They have a GI of 70 which is moderate/high. By the time the sugar hits the bloodstream you should be working out which will blunt your insulin response....so rather than taking dextrose which will be absorbed too quick pop tarts are great..and they're cheap.

w00kie

Awards
holy cow! nice freakin job bro! Keep up the good work.

Rockscar

Rockscar

Awards

I just had my first dose of censorship at T-Nation. Biotest just released their Gold Tribex.

In the article it say's their trib is so good and high quality that it "rivals Prohormones and pro streoids."

I quoted that and posted:

"C'mon guys, how can you say this and be serious at the same time?"

My post never showed up, nor was I notified why. This was the first time I actually called them on statements made.:study: :hammer:

jujubee

Board Supporter
Awards
I'm a member over there been reading since 98 when it was a great source of info and people didnt know about it ....It didnt have flashy areas or chicks with nothing on (not that i mind):) but when trib just came out i thought .....:wtf: :wtf: Have i been being duped for years. No, it was just time to quit with their crap. I loved them for years, but come on TRib gold???? OMG theyve colored it gold-like. It must be like test then.

Now that I know ppl who i have seen write on there for a while ....what about m or any of their other products.

By the way I mostly read, and rarely write on boards.
Biodoc

Rockscar

Rockscar

Awards
I'm a member over there been reading since 98 when it was a great source of info and people didnt know about it ....It didnt have flashy areas or chicks with nothing on (not that i mind):) but when trib just came out i thought .....:wtf: :wtf: Have i been being duped for years. No, it was just time to quit with their crap. I loved them for years, but come on TRib gold???? OMG theyve colored it gold-like. It must be like test then.

Now that I know ppl who i have seen write on there for a while ....what about m or any of their other products.

By the way I mostly read, and rarely write on boards.
Biodoc

Well, I finally decided to see if they would answer a legit question on how they think it rivals PH's....I still like the site, but rarely go to the supp sections.

I will say their Grow protein tastes great, is good quality and is priced good.

Proteinpowda

Awards
Well, I finally decided to see if they would answer a legit question on how they think it rivals PH's....I still like the site, but rarely go to the supp sections.

I will say their Grow protein tastes great, is good quality and is priced good.

It's priced good? I don't think so.

Lets do some math here: First off they try and dupe everyone into thinking whey is inferior...yet whey isolate is the first ingredient. So it's about half the product. That retails for about 6-7 a lb. So half the tub should cost about 7. The other half they claim is micellar (about 40% they say). So you're paying about $20/lb for this micellar casseine....which retails for 10-12.

Up to you my friend.

Granted it does taste good but have you tried IDS cappuchino yet?

firetruck7

Awards
Rockscar,

Nice job! Keep it up. Hope your back is doing well.

Good to see some other tnation guys here. I go by another name over there, but have to agree with you to a point.

Mag10, worked friggin great for me.

Spike, hotrox, trib, m, myostat(duh), and methoxy were nominal at best, although I have to admit training and diet were never as good as when I did the mag10.

Still love their protien, and the new bars. I have had more than one post censored, but still love the site for all the free info they give out.

Most all supps are junk, now I just use the stuff that actually works :study:

Firetruck

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
First of all, Awsome job Rockscar, keep it up. Second, Jarhead, that's you in your avatar? Stop eating little kids, your a monster already, And third, Guys go get some digestive enzymes for food intake. The difference is night and day for me. Totally unrelated I know, but go read my post about them and what others are saying. I'm out.:run:

Rockscar

Rockscar

Awards
Rockscar,

Nice job! Keep it up. Hope your back is doing well.

Good to see some other tnation guys here. I go by another name over there, but have to agree with you to a point.

Mag10, worked friggin great for me.

Spike, hotrox, trib, m, myostat(duh), and methoxy were nominal at best, although I have to admit training and diet were never as good as when I did the mag10.

Still love their protien, and the new bars. I have had more than one post censored, but still love the site for all the free info they give out.

Most all supps are junk, now I just use the stuff that actually works :study:

Firetruck
Thanks Firetruck,....(bigflamer?) I'm guessing at this point. I'm moving out of the supplements and going for a couple of months without any at all except for things like Fish/Flax/Vitamins etc.

I'm in a cutting phase right now just to see where it gets me since I really have not cut in the last 14 months at all. I hate losing weight, but i'm starting to get over it.

My back is doing good at best. I am able to leg press now. I've abandoned squats alltogether as a preventive measure. 1more re-injury and it's knife time.