DaddyR Pre-Cycle

DaddyR

Awards
Ok now this is the first time I've ever tried this, and my 12 -yo daughter doesn't seem to know when to snap the picture. Yeah excuses excuses I know. Ok I'm just a fat-ass 40 yr old whose been trying to do something with hisself for the past year.

I know I got a long long way to go, so please be kind. Anyway, here's a few of me just before starting my T-1 Pro cycle. Bloated on creatine.

Attachments

DaddyR

Awards
Maybe this is better.... rear double bi. Kinda. Ugh I can't pose to save my life.

Attachments

DaddyR

Awards
Now for a calf. When it grows up I think I'll give it some Fina. LOL!

Attachments

DaddyR

Awards
Last and worst of them all. My daughter didn't quite wait 'til I was ready . . . Pitiful attempt at a front double bi.

Note the scar down the midline from emergency surgery, the small circular scar to the right where I had a colostomy for 6 months, and the big hole in my left side - size of a baseball, where my abdominal wall rotted away from the inside out. I'll never have decent abs . . . lesson learned: do not let anyone call P.G. County Police when you're attempting suicide: they shoot first and ask questions later. Very old story - all is well with me now, thank God.

Attachments

IronWinner

Awards
Looking good, man! You've got a good amount of muscle on your frame....once you lean out a bit, you'll look great!

Keep us updated, DaddyR! Good luck on your cycle:)

DaddyR

Awards
We took a bunch more but they're still in the camera. hopefully one or tweo of them will look better. These were taken with a regular 35 mm camera - I just had them put the pics on CD when developed. One of these days I'll get a digital cam. Not a top priority though.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with the cycle DaddyR, hope all goes well. Your humility is admirable, but you don't give yourself enough credit. You have a good amount of mass under the fat, you'll just have to thin out later. Believe me I know how that goes, I'm no skinny guy by any stretch of the imagination! Eventually when I grow enough balls I'll put up some pics as well!

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by DaddyR

do not let anyone call P.G. County Police when you're attempting suicide: they shoot first and ask questions later. Very old story - all is well with me now, thank God.
DaddyR....Keep working dude! I am a police officer and I would love to hear your story sometime if you want to tell. I think it would be interesting! I'm glad everthing worked out for you!! Sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for.........

antonio

Awards
Looking very good bro. After the cycle you are going to be just scary. Keep it up.

DaddyR

Awards
DaddyR....Keep working dude! I am a police officer and I would love to hear your story sometime if you want to tell. I think it would be interesting! I'm glad everthing worked out for you!! Sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for.........
I should really correct myself. While the PG County Police Department has had some serious PR issues for decades, it was really the one particular police officer who shot me who had an unusual history of shooting unarmed people experiencing mental health crises. As I heard from an investigative reporter for the Washington Post who contacted me years later.

The basic problem was that somehow they got their signals crossed and the officers on the scene had been told I was armed, when I wasn't at all nor were there any firearms available to me. They stopped me halfway down the block when I tried to drive away from them, and surrounded me when I got out of my SUV, yelling at me to drop my (nonexistent) weapon. After holding out my hands for them all to see and yelling back that I had no weapon, and them still yelling "put down the weapon", I realized this was the way I could finally succeed at suicide. So I started dancing around yelling: "Shoot me!", "Go ahead and shoot me", "That's what I WANT", "Just do it". Yes I was totally suicidal, but I never threatened nor approached any of the officers. Nobody ordered me to lie down or anything, they just kept yelling "put down your weapon". Finally the one officer shot me in the left hip area. Said he was aiming for the (invisible) weapon in my (empty) left hand.

The bullet tore through my abdomen, bounced off my hip bone and broke apart, with bullet fragments then putting a whole mess of holes in my intestines. Bruised (didn't sever thank God) a nerve so that it took me about a month before I could walk unaided again. Three days after trauma surgery to patch things up, dead tissue that the surgeons hadn't seen began rotting inside my abdomen, and eventually they had to remove a part of the abdominal wall, at first as big as a softball, and left me with a colostomy for 6 months. I was in surgery for 3 days getting all of the dead and rotting tissue removed and holes patched up properly.

REALLY GROSS story: between the 3 days of surgery, they left the incision (a huge midline incision from pubis to breastbone) open, and packed sterile dressings over it. They gave me one day's break between the 2nd and 3rd surgery, and on that day they "ran the gut". I was wide awake. Somebody held a washcloth over my eyes so I couldn't see, while they literally pulled my intestines out and laid them on my lap. I could feel the tugging as they checked my whole small and large intestines, from one end to the other. Like the disembowelment of William Wallace depicted in the movie Braveheart - in fact I can't handle watching that scene because it brings back that memory. Can you even imagine it? They just pulled out all my guts and set them down on my lap, while I sit there trying not to freak out!

I honestly don't think they had expected me to live at first, which is why they didn't do a more thorough job when they first operated on me. In the end, between the first and second follow-up surgeries (while the surgeons slept after something like 15 hours working on me) I nearly did die and had a little near-death experience I could tell about. In fact I recently met an old friend, who had been told I had died and who thought I was long gone!

I lost over 30 pounds during that first week in the hospital. had to have feeding by hyperalimentation... a tube feeding sterile predigested food (aminos, carbs, fats, etc.) straight into the blood stream in the aorta. I recovered, went back to my job and family, and amazingly (and thanks to them finally getting my diagnosis right as bipolar type 2), have never had a major depressive episode or suicide attempt again. I had struggled with recurring depression and attempted suicide more than a dozen times in 7 years.

Then systemic lupus hit 2 years later. Took 3 years until it went into remission. I won't even mention my childhood experiences with ADHD... no wait I just did. Well, it's been a couple of years of good health now, and I'm really getting myself back in shape!

So yes I've lived a little.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Way to go DaddyR! Keep at it! Good story! (not that you got shot, but that everything turned out great!)

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
So yes I've lived a little.
The understatement of the year, from DaddyR! Your story leaves me hoping that myself and others can eventually truly appreciate what the words "overcome" and "struggle" for example, really mean. Bravo to you, DaddyR!

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Damn.....you're hard core!!!!.....Moreso than I could ever be, I wish you good luck (and health) in all of your cycles and whatever else life might throw at you.

LG. :cool:

DaddyR

Awards
Well, you gotta go on. Believe me it wasn't by any kind of incredible strength of will of my own that I survived. It was all God. I gave up my life, and now it's all Him.

I was dead/dying, and yes He sent me back. I mentioned a near-death experience: well, that was it in a nutshell. He reassured me (the feeling of love and peace is beyond description) and sent me back because it wasn't the right time.

It really helps nowadays when things get dicey, to stop and remember that it's not MY life I'm living, but HIS. Sometimes I can't see what he has in store, and things seem hopeless, but He always works it out, and it's always for the best. I see that now better than I ever did before.

Not like I'm perfect, or can even keep my language clean enough much of the time. When left to my own devices, I'm a TOTAL FAILURE. But I'm not on my own! That's my take on the whole thing, at least.

Matt T

Awards
Well, you gotta go on. Believe me it wasn't by any kind of incredible strength of will of my own that I survived. It was all God. I gave up my life, and now it's all Him.

I was dead/dying, and yes He sent me back. I mentioned a near-death experience: well, that was it in a nutshell. He reassured me (the feeling of love and peace is beyond description) and sent me back because it wasn't the right time.

It really helps nowadays when things get dicey, to stop and remember that it's not MY life I'm living, but HIS. Sometimes I can't see what he has in store, and things seem hopeless, but He always works it out, and it's always for the best. I see that now better than I ever did before.

Not like I'm perfect, or can even keep my language clean enough much of the time. When left to my own devices, I'm a TOTAL FAILURE. But I'm not on my own! That's my take on the whole thing, at least.
i just gotta say, that is a beautiful outlook you have. good luck and be blessed.

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
Daddy R man where you been?  Hows things going with your cycle?

h19

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Damn DR, Nice wheels bro.....and you got the mass also and a kick ass story too man.....keep us updated for sure.....

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established

DaddyR ,

Truly inspirational. You're a good man, and I've sorely missed your insightful posts. Now that bb.com has banned K (same) as well as YJ, I guess I'll be calling this place home.

P.S. It's good to put a face to the name! Keep up the good work.

John Benz

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

DaddyR ,
Now that bb.com has banned K (same) as well as YJ, I guess I'll be calling this place home.

John Benz
Hey bro, We'd be more than happy if you'd call this home, we could use your intelligence as well as your JB humor ;)

macattack

Awards
Glad everything has turned around for you R, yes some of us have gotten yanked from our boots and dropped into another place, a much better place at that, we are blessed.

Wow what a story i thought i had history.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
WOW DaddyR, I have to agree with everyone you do have a story. Good luck on the upcoming change. Keep a good record of this with pictures also, it will serve to show others what you can do with some heart, time, and courage. And anything I can do to help out just ask.

DaddyR

Awards
Aborted Cycle

Oh well folks, I aborted my cycle. It wasn't lethargy or any negative side effects that did me in, though. It was a good thing: I fell in love.

I met someone and started dating her about the time I stopped posting results. Got myself so wrapped up in being with and doing things with her that I abandoned my insane dose T-1 Pro cycle after 3 weeks. 40 years old and I feel like a silly teenager, falling in love and all of that.

I'm hoping to figure out how to work a regular weightlifting routine back into my life SOON, but it hasn't proven easy. I've lost most of the gains I had made during my cycle, but at least I'm not putting on any fat.

I'm hoping to get my act together before too long here, but wanted to be sure and drop by and let you all know what the **** happened to me. I'm alive and well and enjoying life to the fullest! But I've just got to get back to the iron.

DarCSA

Awards
Hope everything works out for the best then. Keep hitting the gym and maybe one day you can lean out to the point you want to be at. Sorry to hear about the cycle.