Pictures from the summer

D

devil

Awards
Here are some pictures of me from the summer. I'm a bit pasty but in decent condition. Not to bad for an old guy who also happens to be a vegetarian

Attachments

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Damn, you're huge for a vegetarian...well, for anyone.

What are your stats (height, weight, etc)?

soma

soma

Awards
  • Established
Wow - you are in great shape. Added to the fact you are a vegetarian....i dont know how you do it. Lots of protein powders???? Keep up the good work.

-Soma

D

devil

Awards
I'm 5'11" and about 210 in those pictures. I 'm about 218 right now.

D

devil

Awards
I think the biggest myth out there is that you can't build muscle as a vegeterian. I take in about 240 grams of protein a day from whey prorein and eggs.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How long have you been training? You don't look THAT old at all bro.

B

badmofaux

Awards
Nice goin, man! You've got the physique I'm shooting for. Powerful, yet cut. Too many seem to prioritize packing on the mass to the point where they look like tubalards.

By the way, how do you train cardio-wise? Please don't tell me you don't need to do cardio, 'cause that's just cold. :)

D

devil

Awards
I take 40-45 minute walks about 4-5 days per week in the summer. In the winter I do no cardio. I usually put on about 8-10 lbs in the winter. However, I never get fat. I never get over 10% bf.

B

badmofaux

Awards
I take 40-45 minute walks about 4-5 days per week in the summer. In the winter I do no cardio. I usually put on about 8-10 lbs in the winter. However, I never get fat. I never get over 10% bf.
LOL--I interpret your response as a polite way of saying, "I don't need to do cardio."

Regardless, very impressive. I hope to have your build one day.... I'll probably sign up with Bobo to help get me there.

D

devil

Awards
I have a very fast metabolism, so cardio is not really a priority for me. The walks in the summer are just a good way for me to enjoy the weather and spend time with my wife and son.

M

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do whey protein and eggs count as vegetarian items? Whey being derived from milk (from cows) and eggs of course being young chickens doesn't really seem like vegetarian in the strictest sense. Not trying to discount you at all though, awesome physique to say the least.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
He is not a vegan, so his options are broader.

M

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So does qualifying as a vegetarian simply mean no meat can be eaten?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I think it depends on your definition, but I think most vegetarians do eat egg containing products. Eggs are in so many different types of foods, that without them you'd be eating tofu birthday cake :sick:

D

devil

Awards
You have all kind of vegetetarians. You have those that don't consider fish to be meat. There are those that eat dairy but not eggs. Some vegetetarians, such as myself, eat both dairy and eggs. Vegans don't consume any animal products at all. I actually know a guy at my gym who is a vegan. He has has entire website devoted to vegan bodybuilding.

B

badmofaux

Awards
You have all kind of vegetetarians. You have those that don't consider fish to be meat. There are those that eat dairy but not eggs. Some vegetetarians, such as myself, eat both dairy and eggs. Vegans don't consume any animal products at all. I actually know a guy at my gym who is a vegan. He has has entire website devoted to vegan bodybuilding.
Just curious--do vegetarians tend to have a positive or negative view towards anabolic steroids? (Is it considered "odd" for a vegetarian to use steroids? What about prohormones?)

D

devil

Awards
I have used AAS in the past. However, it's been three years since I have used any ( including legal AAS such as Superdrol). I will never use again. I have a family and the potential risks are not justifiable.

I think that you will find that vegetarians, just like any one else have varied opinions on the matter.

B

badmofaux

Awards
Interesting! I appreciate your honesty and thanks for filling me in.

I'd love to become a vegetarian, but knowing me, I doubt I'd be able to stick with the program for very long. When it comes to food, I've come to the realization that I have much less self-discipline and willpower than I previously thought.

Last Fall, I actually tried to modify my diet in order to better control my insulin levels. (I'm pre-diabetic.) My meal plan just happened to work out where no meats were present until my post workout meal (around 2pm). Long story short, I couldn't adhere to the plan because I felt like I went too long before feeling satiated at 2pm. (No matter how much cottage cheese I'd shove into my stomach during my morning meals, it always felt as if something was missing....) I guess it was kinda like trying to drink a ton of water in place of a meal. Anyway, this ultimately led to binging during my dinners. :(

D

devil

Awards
My parents are vegetarian so I have followed a vegetarian diet my entire life. For me its not a matter of discipline, I've just always eaten this way. I would imagine it would be extremely difficult to transition to a vegetarian diet from a "normal" diet.

I am not of the opinion that a vegetarian diet is inherently
healthier than a diet that includes meat.

D

devil

Awards
I train every body part once per week over four days.

Monday- Chest and Bi's
Tuesday- quads and hams
Wed- off
Thursday-shoulders and tri's
Friday- back and calves
Saturday and Sunday-off
I'm not very good about doing ab work

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Thanks bro, I was doing about the same but switched it up a few weeks ago to:
Mon- Chest, abs
Tues- shoulders
Wed- Off
Thu- Arms
Friday-Legs, Abs
Sat-Back
Sun- Off.

I keep asking myself if working each muscle group once a week is enough.... Well it looks like it to me.

D

devil

Awards
You might want to consider doing moving arms to Tuesday and shoulders to Thursday. I find that my delts are a bit beat up after chest day. I think your delt training will be more productive with a little more rest. Just a thought.

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
You might want to consider doing moving arms to Tuesday and shoulders to Thursday. I find that my delts are a bit beat up after chest day. I think your delt training will be more productive with a little more rest. Just a thought.
Thanks, I'll be switching that over next week.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
big dude, no doubt.

i'm a vegan for 7-8 hours per day :D

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
****, I thought you would have had a meat source running through an IV at night, Beelze. :D
i see soooooooo many insults coming from this that it's not even funny. :run:

F

fantom

Awards
you're forearms are friggin jacked bro. and the term for you would be a lacto-ovo vegan. not that i'm smart i just happened to know that meaningless fact.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Here are some pictures of me from the summer. I'm a bit pasty but in decent condition. Not to bad for an old guy who also happens to be a vegetarian
love the tattoo:)

D

devil

Awards
Thanks for the compliments!! I don't feel old, but a lot of people look at at 37 as old.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the compliments!! I don't feel old, but a lot of people look at at 37 as old.
I hear you, dude. I sure as hell don't feel my age. I've also been told I look 5-7 years younger also. I believe it's all in how you feel about yourself, and how you put yourself out there for people to judge.

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
I hear you, dude. I sure as hell don't feel my age. I've also been told I look 5-7 years younger also. I believe it's all in how you feel about yourself, and how you put yourself out there for people to judge.
I agree with you 100%... I to look much younger than 40.... I've also had leukemia for 11 years (without treatments).... It's all about how you feel about yourself and how well you take care of yourself..... I see a doctor every 3 months for blood work and he tells me to keep doing what ever I'm doing.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I agree with you 100%... I to look much younger than 40.... I've also had leukemia for 11 years (without treatments).... It's all about how you feel about yourself and how well you take care of yourself..... I see a doctor every 3 months for blood work and he tells me to keep doing what ever I'm doing.
good for you, keep fighting...:) seeing stories like this gives me hope if my boipsy comes back bad....