gyno?

metacat

Awards
Take a look at my chest pic and see if you think I have gyno. I have never seen it first hand except for in pictures and I guess I'm getting a little paranoid.
My weight is 173lbs. and body fat is aprox 14.5 to 15%
I am on my second cycle of 1-t pro. I started out with 4ml twice daily for first two weeks, then went to 3ml a day for the last two weeks. I just started my 4th week.

Attachments

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
i think a lot guys assume they have gynecomastia when their bodyfat a bit high and/or they notice a soft area around thier lower chest/nipple. Only one way to make sure (check-up) however from strictly visual stand point, i would say no. Sage

metacat

Awards
Thanks for the reply sage. I have always had softness around the nipple areas but I have always had a high body fat percentage. I know I'm a bit paranoid because I'm on a cycle right now. My weight has gone up so probably bodyfat also so that may explain it.
When you mentioned check up. Did you mean a medical check up by a physicain?
thanks

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Take a look at my chest pic and see if you think I have gyno. I have never seen it first hand except for in pictures and I guess I'm getting a little paranoid.
I am on my second cycle of 1-t pro. I started out with 4ml twice daily for first two weeks, then went to 3ml a day for the last two weeks. I just started my 4th week.
i dont want to scare you but it does appear that you have it...but dont go to the plastic surgeon just yet... there are an infinite amount of levels of it.. i mean you can have it slightly or really bad.. did your nipples get like that post cycle or have you always been like that? they look a lot like mine and i know i have it slightly (just from when i was young).. put your pointer finger about a quarter inch below the outer ring of your nipple and put your thumb the same distance above it and pinch, do you feel any hard balls or anything like taht? from the looks of it.. here ill circle it.. look at this picture and the circled area then look back at the original..

Last edited:

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Metacat, I dont think you have visible gyno in any way, shape or form. That said, if your itchy or puffy, get the good to nip it in the bud before it get's out of control. If you decide to cut I think you will find that a lot of that is just body fat.

metacat

Awards
LakeMount, I don't feel anything when I pinch them and I didn't notice them getting puffy after my last cycle.

Winwords, I have done two cycles now and so far on either of them I have not felt my nipples get sensitive or anything out of the ordinary.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
LakeMount, I don't feel anything when I pinch them and I didn't notice them getting puffy after my last cycle.

Winwords, I have done two cycles now and so far on either of them I have not felt my nipples get sensitive or anything out of the ordinary.
good than you shouldnt have anything to worry about.. as long as you dont feel anything deep behind your nipple, not just the nipple area but deep behind it...

dont stress over it you look fine... but if you are worried about it coming then i recommend takin an anti-e while on cycle if its 4-ad or anything that aromatizes...

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established

good than you shouldnt have anything to worry about.. as long as you dont feel anything deep behind your nipple, not just the nipple area but deep behind it...

dont stress over it you look fine... but if you are worried about it coming then i recommend takin an anti-e while on cycle if its 4-ad or anything that aromatizes...
i agree.. and your chest isnt that different from mine except i gained a little more bf than you have. But as i lean out it always goes away and i suspect you'll see the same thing. best to be cautious on that tho...so when i did my cycle i took some viratase along with my 1test just to make sure.

metacat

Awards
Thanks everyone for replying you guys definately put my mind at ease. I already have some 6-oxo and I'm going to order another bottle of that and some liquid clomid to use for post cycle.
Thanks again.

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
Some info on gyno (I know you probably know this, but look quick anyway!) :D

[URL="http://www.t-mag.com/html/body_111gyno.html"]http://www.t-mag.com/html/body_111gyno.html[/URL]
excellent post weave...thanks for the reference. it just confirms something I try to practice, at least with the proh i've used, that moderation and keeping it short, intense and to the point are key to developing the kind of strength and appearance we're after. not to mention studying up on how to use ph or aas before using them. You dont need to use every compound known to man to make solid gains.

metacat

Awards
thanks for the post jweave I found it very informative.

Streax

Awards
****!!! I never thought I had gyno, but I have always had lumps behind my nipples ever since I was a teenager. I am going to do my first cycle of PH's real soon, but now I am scared. Does this mean that I already have pre-existing gyno and need to be realy careful? Or is this pretty common? Should I do nolva during my whole cycle or what? Man, I have read about gyno a lot before, but I always thought my nipples looked fine and figured that those lumps were normal! advice?

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
dude i think this thread has us all feeling up our own boobies at this point...and im sitting at my desk too, dude next to me prolly thinks i put from the rough now. My nips have always been kinda puffy as well, but i think its from excess fat,

i seem to store fat in the chest/lat area and abdomen of course. I am going to do a more thorough assessment when i get home .....my chest is getting leaner though,

and ive also heard of people having good results by using topical YHCL on the nips to alleviate early symptoms of gyno, if not minor advanced gyno, im not saying it works personally, i just know others have said it should.

h19

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
i thought gyno was hard, so if you dont have any hard lumps im assuming your fine. If the shiat is puffy WITHOUT the itchiness..im assuming you should be fine also...if im wrong lemme know.

DoubleUp

Awards
definitely hard lumps the size of marbles

Streax - I have the samething and I've never done a ph/ps cycle. So I would hope that this is somewhat normal.....anybody else:confused:

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
people do get/have gyno from when they were younger and going through puberty and whatnot. IF you have HARD lumps, keyword being hard, the only way to know for sure is to go get it checked out by a doctor.

h19

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
Gynecomastia in Men

What is Gynecomastia?

The term comes from the Greek words gyne meaning "woman" and mastos meaning "breast." In practical terms, this means abnormally large breasts on men.
The condition is relatively common in adolescent boys, and 90% of the time symptoms disappear in a matter of months, or, as adolescence wanes, a few years later. But the remaining 10% are burdened with a social handicap that causes a deep and complex shame, and puts one's relationship with one's body at risk.

There are several potential causes:

puberty
steroid abuse (bitch tits)
obesity
marijuana use (this is in question)
tumors
genetic disorders
chronic liver disease
side effects of many medications
castration
Klinefelter Syndrome
Gilbert's Syndrome
aging
The Remedy

In cases of obesity, weight loss can alter the gynecomastic condition, but for many it will not eliminate it. For all other causes, surgery is the only known physical remedy. Once the physical encumbrance is lifted, psychological scars still need to be addressed. One must come to terms with one's body, accept it, and heal the wounds from the past.

Psychological Issues

Gynecomastia can be emotionally devastating. Feelings of shame, embarrassment and humiliation are common. One does not feel masculine in a society where masculinity is exalted. Self-hate threads itself through all aspects of the individual's life, creating an insidious web of powerlessness. A man or boy with gynecomastia struggles with anxiety over such simple acts as taking off his shirt at the beach.

For many men, the best solution is surgery. That accomplishes step one of the healing. Step two is psychological redress. From childhood taunting to a lifetime of hating his chest, the hurt feelings will not go away with the fact of breast reduction alone.

Men who have developed gynecomastia later in life from steroid abuse or some other cause may have little to no psychological distress. However, for some in this situation, it can leave them feeling out of control of their body or emasculated in some matter. Hopefully, corrective surgery will resolve these feelings, for some it will not and therapy will needed to relieve the distress.

It is important to recognize the scars on the inside. This is difficult work because it means coming to terms with one's body and past. Acknowledging the pain, moving into a new relationship with one's body and changing how he thinks the world sees him is the key to healing and freedom.

Men often have a very difficult time talking about their breasts to anyone, but it is the first step toward relief. Realizing that they are not alone is a powerful antidote for the shame and a beginning toward healing.

www.gynomastia.org

yourdaddy

yourdaddy

Awards
always wondered if what i had was gyno. area around nips is puffy. it looks normal when nips are hard though for some reason. anyways i do feel a hard lump behind the nip, but seems a lot worse on one side. its been like this as long as i can remember, so definitely not due to PH use. just thought id share my own experience.

Streax

Awards
damn, there are lots of us. So maybe in fact it is somewhat normal to just have the hard lumps... I would just like to know if this predisposes us for them to grow larger faster or develop the fatty tissue around them!

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established

This is better, other info i posted seemed to be selling a service, i apologize.

Gynecomastia

Definition

Gynecomastia is a common disease of the male breast where there is a benign glandular enlargement of that breast at some time in the male's life. It usually consists of the appearance of a flat pad of glandular tissue beneath a nipple which becomes tender at the same time. The development may be unilateral or bilateral. There is rarely a continued growth of the breast tissue; ordinarily the process is of brief duration and stops short of the production of permanent enlargement of the breast.

Causes

A great number of patients who suffer from this disease have a disturbance in the proper ratio of androgen and estrogen levels. The normal ratio of the two hormones in plasma is approximately 100:1. "The etiology of gynecomastia in patients with a known documented cause appears to be related to increased estrogen stimulation, decreased testosterone levels, or some alteration of the estrogens and androgen so that the androgen-estrogen ratio is decreased"(Williams 373). From this information it was discovered that there is also a lower ratio of weaker adrenal androgens (delta 4-androstenedione and dehydroepiandrosterone) found in youths with this disease. It was once believed that there was an imbalance in the ratios of testosterone to estrogen or estradiol, but this is now know to be untrue.

There are three areas the can be attributed to the cause of gynecomastia: physiologic, pathologic and pharmacologic. "Enlargement of the male breast can be a normal physiologic phenomenon at certain stages of life or the result of several pathologic states."(Isselbacher, 2037)

In the case of physiologic gynecomastia the disease can occur in a newborn baby, at puberty or at any time in a man's life. In the newborn, transient enlargement of the breast is due to the action of maternal and/or placental estrogens. The enlargement usually disappears within a few weeks. Adolescent gynecomastia is common during puberty with the onset at the median age of 14. It is often asymmetrical and frequently tender. It regresses so that by the age of 20 only a small number of men have palpable vestiges of gynecomastia in one or both the breasts. Gynecomastia of aging also occurs in otherwise healthy men. Forty percent or more of aged men have gynecomastia. One explanation is the increase in age in the conversion of androgens to estrogens in extra-

glandular tissues. Drug therapy and abnormal liver functioning can also be causes of gynecomastia in older men.

When the disease is pathologic the patient can have increased estrogen secretions, increased conversion of androgens to estrogens or decreased androgen activity due to a failure in protein receptors. Increased estrogen secretions are found in such diseases and disorders as Hermaphroditism, Kleinfelter's syndrome, congenital adrenal hyperlasia, and adrenal carcinoma or testicular tumors. In the second case some examples are adrenal carcinoma, liver disorders, malnutrition and thyroidtoxicosis. Decreased androgen activity can be found in complete testicular feminization, incomplete testicular feminization and Reifenstein's syndrome.

Many drugs can cause gynecomastia by several mechanisms. The drugs can either act directly as estrogens or cause and increase in plasma estrogen levels. "Boys and young men are particularly sensitive to estrogen, and can develop gynecomastia after the use of dermal ointments containing estrogen or after the ingestion of milk or meat from estrogen-treated animals."(Isselbacher, 2038) Some examples of drugs that may have cause gynecomastia include Cannabinoids (methane and marijuana), Psychotropics (pheno-thiazine, butyrophenone and reserpine), Antihypertensives (reserpine, alpha-methyldopa and spironolactone), Cardiac (digitalis), Gastrointestinal (cimetidine, metoclopramide and domperidone), Antituburculous (isoniazid), Cytoxic (cyclophospha-mide, mustine, vincristine and mitotane) and Hormonal (sex steroids, gonadotropins and antiandrogens). Use of these drugs, however, will rarely cause gynecomastia. In some instances, the feminization is due to effects of drugs on liver functions.

Signs and Symptoms

There are very few signs and symptoms that are associated with the this disease. Signs may appear at any time in a male's life, although the most common time of onset is during puberty. At the first indication of the disease the patient will feel pain and tender-

ness in the breast area due to the rapid development of the breast. The breasts grow because of the enlargement of the glandular tissue. "The concentric arrangement of the connective tissue around the ducts is a characteristic feature of the active phase of gynecomastia."(Delany, 67) The enlargement of the breast is usually bilateral but some cases have unilateral enlargement. In the case of unilateral enlargement, "Induration, fixation, or bloody discharge should raise the possibility of carcinoma."(Wyngaarden, 1450) Carcinoma is a cancerous growth of the epithelial tissues.

It may be hard to distinguish true breast tissue from masses of adipose tissue without true enlargement (lipomastia). In such cases, a real case of gynecomastia can be distinguished by mammography or by sonography.

Early gynocomastia is characterized by "proliferation of both the fibrobalstic stroma and the duct system, which elongates, buds, and duplicates. As the disease progresses, fibrosis and hyalinization are associated with the regression of epithelial proliferation." Eventually the number of ducts decreases, resolution occurs by reduction in size of epithelial content leaving temporary hyaline bands behind. (Isselbacher, 2037)

Diagnosis

A satisfactory diagnosis can be made in only half or less of patients referred for gynecomastia. This is a result of insufficient diagnostic techniques, causes that are still undefined and/or difficult to diagnose, or in some instances, gynecomastia may be normal rather than due to a pathologic state. This disease should only be worked up only if there is a negative drug history, if the breast is tender (indicating rapid growth), or if the breast mass is larger than 4 cm in diameter. A decision to perform an endocrine evaluation depends on the clinical context. An example would be gynecomastia associated with signs of under androgenization.

Obesity can often be confused with gynecomastia. To prevent this, the doctor can palpate the breast to see if there is a lack of glandular elements that would indicate only obesity.

Once the signs become evident, the doctor needs to assess the patient with a number of test to give a proper diagnosis since many other diseases and disorders are commonly involved. This can be done with a physical examination. The head and neck area may show signs of a pituitary tumor or goiter which is found in Graves disease. The skin and abdomen may reveal signs of liver failure and the testes should be examined for asymmetric enlargement in Klinefelter's syndrome. The doctor may consider liver function tests of a karyotype if Kleinfelter's is suspected. Other diseases related to gynecomastia include: testicular tumors, hypo and hyperthyroidism, Cushing's disease, cirrhosis, spinal cord lesions, Hodgkin's disease, enzymatic defects in androgen synthesis and androgen resistance syndromes, and many others.

The evaluation of patients with gynecomastia should include a careful drug history, measurement and examination of the testes, evaluation of liver function and endocrine evaluation to include measurement of serum androstenedione or 24-h urinary 17-keto-steriods, plasma estradiol and hCG, and plasma luteinizing hormone (LH) and testoster-

one. If LH is high and testosterone is low, the diagnosis is usually testicular failure. If LH and testosterone are both low, the diagnosis is usually increased estrogen production. If they are both high, the diagnosis is either an androgen-resistance state or a gonadotropin -secreting tumor. In true gynecomastia these tests would prove to be unnecessary because the symptoms would regress.

Treatment

When the primary cause can be identified and corrected, breast enlargement usually diminishes until it usually disappears. For example, "androgen replacement therapy may produce dramatic improvement in men with testicular insufficiency. However, if the gynecomastia is of long duration (and fibrosis has replaced the original ductal hyperplasia), correction of the primary defect may not be followed by resolution." (Isselbacher, 2038) In this case, surgery would be the only effective treatment. Candidates for surgery include those with several psychologic and/or cosmetic problems, continued growth, or a suspected malignancy.

The treatment selected for this disease is related to how the patient was affected by the disease. The treatment for a person who contracted the disease through certain drug use will be treated different from a person who is affected from a related disease. If gynecomastia is contracted through drug use, the patient will needs to discontinue the medications that are associated with the disease. The only exception is when there is a life threatening illness involved, and there is no alternative medication available.

For those suffering from gynecomastia, the doctor may prescribe antiestrogens such as clomiphene citrate or tamoxiten to eliminate tenderness of the breast. "The non-aromatizable androgen dihydrotesosterone also has been reported to reduce gynecomastia by reducing testicular secretion of estradiol, by decreasing peripheral conversion of precursors to estradiol and by increasing circulating levels of androgen."(Kohler, 295) In patient with painful gynecomastia and who are not candidates for other therapy, treat-ments with antiestrogens such as tamoxifen may be used.

When other related diseases are the cause for the onset of gynecomastia, treatment of these diseases will often cure gynecomastia, too. The removal of a sex steroid produc-ing tumor or treatment of thyroidtoxicosis are two examples. Testosterone treatment of androgen deficiency will also cause great improvement in this condition. "Prophylactic radiation of the breasts prior to the institution of diethylstilbestrol therapy is effective in

preventing gynecomastia and has a low complication rate in elderly men."(Isselbacher, 2039)

In most cases of true gynecomastia the signs and symptoms should regress in about a year. However, in the case of severe gynecomsatia where the breast has an increase of fibrous tissue stroma the patient will require a surgical reduction mammo-plasty. Once this has been done the tissue is sent to a lab to be examined. The results should show elongated circular ducts imbedded in cellular fibrous tissue with a rubbery fatty quality. From these laboratory tests it can be determined if there is any cribiform epithelial hyperlasia or a case of carcinoma. Although the relative risk of carcinoma of the breast is increased in men with gynecomastia, it is rare nevertheless.

Statistical Data

Gynecomastia is found only in males, and the signs can appear any time in a male's lifetime. It is the leading breast disorder in males and it accounts for 60% of all disorders of the male breast. About 85% of male breast masses are due to gynecomastia. Forty percent of the cases affect pubescent boys occurring most often between the ages of 14 to 15.5. Approximately 40% of normal men and up to 70% of hospitalized men have palpable breast tissue. Active gynecomastia in autopsy data is between 5 and 9%. "More than 80% of their hospitalized patients with a body mass index of 25 kg/m2 or greater had gynocamastia."(Williams, 373) About 70% of pubertal males required no treatment. "If the threshold for judging that the breast is enlarged is set at 2.0cm in diameter, the incidence is 32-36% in normal aged men 17-58 years."(Williams, 340) A bloody discharge is present in about 60% of patients, while a milky discharge is present in about 1% of patients.

Recent Research

In the Wilford Hall USAF Medical Center a set of experiments were done to see if there is a connection between 3B-HSD deficiency and gynecomastia. The researchers tested a male who had developed right side gynecomastia at the age of twenty-four. When a series of tests were run, no other underlying conditions were evident. He was found only to have a deficiency of 3B-HSD. The patient also had abnormally high ratios of estradiol, estrogen and aldosterone and other serums. This showed the presence of adrenal sex steroid production on the right side of his body.

This is not to say that all males patients with a deficiency of 3B-HSD will develop gynecomastia. Other patients with the same deficiency showed no signs, and still others with normal 3B-HSD levels have also been found to have reduced breast tissue. Researchers, however, do believe that the deficiency of 3B-HSD later in life is quite possibly a frequently unrecognized cause of new-onset gynecomastia.

There are so many causes and factors that lead to the disease gynecomastia that it is very difficult for researchers to try to agree upon one main factor. So many of the cases differ from one another, and, perhaps, no one cause will ever be agreed upon as the leading factor of the disease. As long as there is no other underlying disease or disorder, gynecomastia is not a life threatening disease. Experimentation with hormone therapy is the main research being tested at this time. <!-- ads begin --></NOSCRIPT><!-- --></NOSCRIPT><IFRAME marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://info.accumail.com/fcadincl?shape=exitpopup&site=VA&area=DIR.BIZ&border=0&keyword=exitpopup" frameBorder=0 width=0 scrolling=no height=0 bordercolor="#000000"><script language='JavaScript1.1' SRC="http://info.accumail.com/fcjserver?shape=exitpopup&site=VA&area=DIR.BIZ&border=0&keyword=exitpopup"></script></IFRAME>
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript>

<!--
browser = (((navigator.appName == "Netscape") && (parseInt(navigator.appVersion) >= 2 )) || ((navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer") && (parseInt(navigator.appVersion) >= 2 )));
browser4 = (((navigator.appName == "Netscape") && (parseInt(navigator.appVersion) >= 4 )) || ((navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer") && (parseInt(navigator.appVersion) >= 4 )));
if (browser4) {
if (!self.url) {
self.url = '';
}
if (parent.name != 'test') {
test = window.open("http://info.accumail.com/fcpopup?site=VA&shape=popup&border=1&area=DIR.BIZ", "test", "resizable=yes,width=528,height=200,scrollbars");
}
} else if (browser) {
if (!self.url) {
self.url = '';
}
if (parent.name != 'test') {
test = window.open("http://info.accumail.com/fcpopup?site=VA&shape=banner&border=1&area=DIR.BIZ", "test", "resizable=yes,width=528,height=200,scrollbars");
}
}

//-->

</SCRIPT>
<!-- ads end -->

G.E.SUPERHUMAN

Awards
I dont know if you have gyno or not but you would know because it hurts, your nipples become sore to the touch when you first begin to get it...how do i know? i had it, nothing that a little arimidex can't handle though, unless u let it get out of controll then you will have to get surgery like The Rock

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
metacat - one of my nipples looked like that when my BF% got too high a while ago from some seriously dirty bulking:). I was using PH's at the time, and got itchy/puffy nips...I was scared let me tell ya.

But, when I dieted down it went away - I think its just the way your body stores fat - maybe an imbalance of estrogen in your system made it go to the chest area...

Seriously though, I dont think you have anything to worry about.

THESE are some pics of actual gyno:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/content/treatment/gynogallery.shtml

Those poor dudes...

I think that 'true gyno' is only the proper term when you have developed actual breast tissue, which you definately dont have my friend.

BigVrunga

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
key thing here is that gyno is hARD lumbs, its extra glandular tissue, and its not all that common, so to get worried is not helpful. Just monitor it and you will be fine

yourdaddy

yourdaddy

Awards
"Forty percent or more of aged men have gynecomastia" ...
This is a direct quote from hamper's above post. Does this seem rather high to anybody but me?

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
Approximately 40% of normal men and up to 70% of hospitalized men have palpable breast tissue.

are you referring to that?

yourdaddy

yourdaddy

Awards
no. i did see that and it stuck out as well, but what i posted was a direct quote from the 3rd paragraph under Causes. here's the paragraph with the quote underlined...
In the case of physiologic gynecomastia the disease can occur in a newborn baby, at puberty or at any time in a man's life. In the newborn, transient enlargement of the breast is due to the action of maternal and/or placental estrogens. The enlargement usually disappears within a few weeks. Adolescent gynecomastia is common during puberty with the onset at the median age of 14. It is often asymmetrical and frequently tender. It regresses so that by the age of 20 only a small number of men have palpable vestiges of gynecomastia in one or both the breasts. Gynecomastia of aging also occurs in otherwise healthy men. Forty percent or more of aged men have gynecomastia. One explanation is the increase in age in the conversion of androgens to estrogens in extra-

yourdaddy

yourdaddy

Awards
the quote u presented also seems to say the same thing to me though as well. i just thought this seemed kind of strange because ive always been told not to worry because it was a rare disorder.

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
its possible they can have it, we all know as you age your testosterone levels decrease. I mean just because they might have it doesnt mean its the worst you can get. Could be slight, maybe hardly noticeable. Im not expert on the subject, but I just thought I would post that so others could read what i did.

bottom line is if your worried you have it, get it checked out.

h19

metacat

Awards
G.E.Superhuman, I never felt anything unusual with my nips. I don't think I have it. It was just a phase of paranioa that I was going through.

BigVrunga. Those are some interesting pics. Your right I don't have anything to worry about. That's just where my body likes to store fat. I'll be cutting down in a couple of weeks. So I'll see then.

Thanks Hamper19 for posting that information it was very infromative.

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
now I have a question actually...

say you do store fat around your nips...wchich i fucking do and hate it. hate it with a passion, i really am almost tempted to get lypo, ...i dont have gyno , but it seems now matter how much mass i put on my chest, my friggin nips are just soft.

Is there anything that can get rid of that/ I mean im thinking the BDC YHCL **** might work

but what about the estrogen blockers, or something like that. You think that by itself could have an effect?

metacat

Awards
Good question hamper, I have the same problem so I'm curious also. My chest looks nice just as long as my nips are hard. But when they are soft my chest just doesn't look firm. I hope this will correct it's self when I cut down.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Hey again -

Hamper19 - I read that vitex actually cleared up puffy nips for a few people. If I remember correctly, the guy had puffy nips ever since puberty. He tried vitex and they decreased considerably. I cant find the thread for the life of me, though. I dont even remeber what board it was on. Anti-e's help with estrogen related gyno, but I guess Vitex is one of the only OTC products that will reduce prolactin-related gyno. Vitex is dirt cheap too, I think 1fast has it for like $6.

Here's a good thread on our board about a possible transdermal releif for pseudo-gyno-ish puffy nips:

http://www.anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=231&highlight=vitex+gyno

Sweet, here's that thread I was talking about in the above paragraph about the guy whose gyno was fixed up proper by Vitex:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29888&perpage=30&highlight=gyno&pagenumber=1

I can tell you metacat, my right nipple looks exactly like yours when my bodyfat gets a little high. It goes away when I lose the fat, too. Its a pain in the ass, but is a slight annoyance and its definately not gyno.

hamper19 - Seeing how the puffy nips is definately a localized-fat related issue, I dont see why the BDC Yoshimbine gel wouldnt work for it. Ive also heard of transdermal 5aa being effective as well. (check out that first link)

My nips are a bit puffy right now, but I havent taken any formasin for a week or so. Its definatley related to estrogen/water retention, and in this case, I know the anti-e would get rid of it right away.

Probably a combination of all of these (vitex/anti-e/transdermal Yoshibine) would be the ultimate solution, attacking the problem from all possible angles.

BigVrunga

jonathanhub12

Awards
How Do I Know that I Have Gynecomastia?

True gynecomastia on the other hand can be rather disturbing as its symptoms start to develop. This is caused by the excessive growth of glandular tissue in the breast and takes a more definite form. The general impression among those who suffered from it is that it involves puffy, itchy and sore nipples and a lump underneath the nipple area. You might also observe that your nipple is more sensitive to touch.

Those who are taking performance enhancing drugs or steroids can eventually develop gynecomastia. This is because these drugs increase testosterone, and when levels are in excess as recognized by the body, it then releases estrogen to balance the amounts. It is estrogen that causes the growth of breast tissues.

You can check gynecomastia the same way you examine for pseudogynecomastia – by lying down with your arm behind your head as you palpate. If you feel a definite fibrous lump behind or under your nipple then it is definitive of true gynecomastia.

Some guys say that it feels like M & M’s or a hard little marble, while others claim that it is like a lump of tissue filled with liquid, or a small balloon filled with jello. To sum up, hard tissue that is sensitive is gynecomastia.

To be sure about what you have, you can approach your physician and get a thorough examination. He might even give some blood tests to rule you out of breast cancer, but usually gynecomastia is just a benign condition.