Bulk Progress Pics (4 months)

bda55

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hi all, here's some updated pics of me. I've been bulking since august.

On the pics on 07/17 I weighed in at about 170lbs. The pics of yesterday is me @ ~200lbs. I've never been this heavy, and I'm afraid I've been bulking a bit too hard. It's hard to tell if I gained any muscle on my upper body, as far as I see I only gained ALOT of fat and water :blink: I was really shocked when I saw the pics, I don't look nearly as fat in the mirror.. o well..

The only thing I'm pleased about is the progress in my legs, they went from 23" 1/2 to 26" 1/4. Strength in my legs went up good too, went from max. 6*300lbs to 6*350lbs on squats (parallel).

I'm considering to start cutting early, I planned to bulk up until march, but I think I'm gonna start soon after the new year.. What do you guys think?

Anyway, here are the pics.. Flame away :hammer:

Attachments

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
Naw man, you put on some solid muscle. Your back looks like it gained some good mass, and it looks like there was some pretty dramatic gains in your legs. Once you cut you'll notice it more. Good job bro

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Keep bulking. Burning fat is easier than gaining LBM and who needs to be cut in the winter. IMO

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
you're not even remotely fat .. keep bulking .. bp is right easier to lose fat than gain muscle

bda55

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
OK.. bulking mode stays on :head: :food: :woohoo:

Atlas

Awards
I would agree with the others. Just tighten up how many grams of carbs and fats you are taking in just a little, and add 20 minutes of cardio about 3 times a week after your workouts and you probably tighten up a little without drastically effecting your gains.

Nabeshin

Nabeshin

Awards
  • Established
Bump for bulking and light cardio. On my off days, I do 25 minutes of cardio. Tightens you up a bit without cutting into your gains, and helps you sleep better to boot.

You definitely thickened up man, do that for another 8 months and you'll be very pleased.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
you're not even remotely fat .. keep bulking .. bp is right easier to lose fat than gain muscle
Hell yeah.

If that's fat, I don't wanna be skinny.

Eat up chum! You're good to go still.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Definite progress, most noticable in your back and leg pics.

Your "Micheline tire man" pic is inaccurate...funny, but not true.

You said you gained 30 lbs? Well, I think a large portion of that is muscle because you'd be a lot "fatter" if you gained 30lbs of fat. Yes, probably some of that is water too, so just know that ahead of time and not worry about dropping a few pounds here and there when you do stop your bulk. (You'll be losing water, not muscle).

It looks/sounds like you were smart about it too. You realize that you can either bulk (gain muscle and accept a little bit of fat) or lean out (lose fat and accept little to no muscle gain).

Wish I was that smart when I was younger. :)

I wouldn't be afraid to bulk more, as you're still lean enough to be able to lose fat somewhat quickly.

And my new personal theory is to never start dieting right before the Christmas holidays. :) It's just a lot easier to stay on a bulk then, especially if you have families giving you free large meals. Start dieting when you're not offered free food.

As for when to start dieting...well all I can say is that I'll be starting in January. The past 2 years I tried to start in March, and just couldn't lose it as fast as I thought I would.

I find it's easier to lose weight when I don't want to, but once I try to...LoL. I'm going to give myself a couple extra months. Plus I live in Canada, so summer doesn't exactly start at the same time as our friends to the south....although I may be going to Daytona Beach again next year for American spring break which I think is in March...

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You've put on muscle, keep eating! Some of the reason you can't see the difference is the lighting in the pics - the before pics are lit from the side, with diffuse light - it shows more definition. In the recent pics, the light source is aligned with the camera, it doesn't show depth as well.

bda55

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thx for the comments all, it's really motivating me to keep on bulking :)

I had in mind hiring Bobo after the new year to help me cut, but I think I'll just do the opposite and hire him for the deluxe bulking plan (it's cheaper too :D). Wish I had the money right now yet, and I'm hoping he'll have a spot left after the new year...

tattoopierced1

man, looks like your on the right track...mind posting your diet?

bda55

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
No, I don't mind. This is merely a guideline for myself though, so I know how much I need to get the ratio's and totals, I hardly ever exactly eat what's on here, but it's pretty close :)

EDIT: I add small portions to everything if I stop gaining weight. Right now I'm stalled, although I eat well over maintenance. That's why I wanna hire Bobo, I'll be so pleased if I can gain like another 10lbs (I got in mind bulking for like 4 months with him, though), and then start cutting!

Attachments

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Yeah bro definitely see increases. Especially middle back, traps, rear delts and quads.

ke0ki

Board Supporter
Awards
No, I don't mind. This is merely a guideline for myself though, so I know how much I need to get the ratio's and totals, I hardly ever exactly eat what's on here, but it's pretty close :)

EDIT: I add small portions to everything if I stop gaining weight. Right now I'm stalled, although I eat well over maintenance. That's why I wanna hire Bobo, I'll be so pleased if I can gain like another 10lbs (I got in mind bulking for like 4 months with him, though), and then start cutting!

Good job on your progress. As was said before, there is a significant increase in your back width/thickness. Your diet looks pretty good as well, although I have a couple of recommendations. You may want to up the fat and protein, and reduce the carbs. The ideal ratios are 40/30/30 p/c/f. As far as what you are eating, pretty much everything looks good. I might suggest switching the casein to low fat cottage cheese instead, which contains casein and is slowly digested. Real food > shakes. Keep it up!

bda55

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good job on your progress. As was said before, there is a significant increase in your back width/thickness. Your diet looks pretty good as well, although I have a couple of recommendations. You may want to up the fat and protein, and reduce the carbs. The ideal ratios are 40/30/30 p/c/f. As far as what you are eating, pretty much everything looks good. I might suggest switching the casein to low fat cottage cheese instead, which contains casein and is slowly digested. Real food > shakes. Keep it up!
Hey thanks! I'm on week one of Bobo's Deluxe muscle building program, so I'm learning how to eat right now hehe :dance:

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
dude, you look like you did a great, clean bulk. good work!!!