Constructive Criticism please

Nelson

UPDATE - Constructive Criticism pleaz

I`m probably one of the smaller members on here, so I`m little embarrassed posting these pics with all you monsterz on here.

Anyway, can you let me know
*what I should work on; and
*what you think my BF is.

I`ve been bb for about 8 months, after lifting weights for sports training for a number of years.
I started my first cutting cycle about a month or so ago after bulking from 164lbs in 2002/6 to a max of 195lbs in 2002/12.
Currently on Day 12 of ONE cutting cycle.

Current BW: 187lbs
Height: 5` 11" (just)

Last edited:

wardog

Awards
  • Established
Well, if that avatar is you, you DEFINETLY need a tan. Otherwise, your base looks great!!

I would suggest some wardrobe counseling however..:D

wardog

Awards
  • Established
You have a ways to go bro, but a good start. Hit your basic heavy compound movements hard, you need some thickness, and they will give it to you.

Good luck and keep on rolling!

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Yep, WD gave you good advice. Hit the compound excercises hard. Also, next time wear some underwear when you take your pics :D

Nelson

Thanks for the honest feedback Wardog.
I predominantly do compound exercises with some isolation exercises to finish off.
What do you reckon my BF is in the most recent photo`s?

Nelson

Yep, WD gave you good advice. Hit the compound excercises hard. Also, next time wear some underwear when you take your pics :D
I`d just applied the ONE in the most recent photo`s and was waiting for it to dry.
Hence the nudity. :)
Besides, it`s nice getting round starkers.

wardog

Awards
  • Established
Take it from someone who has been locked into thew whole bulk/cut game for years. Bitye the bullet, and take it down to perhaps 7% then when you bulk, you have some BF% to work with. It will make it easier in the long run

Nelson

Take it from someone who has been locked into thew whole bulk/cut game for years. Bitye the bullet, and take it down to perhaps 7% then when you bulk, you have some BF% to work with. It will make it easier in the long run
Thanks for the advice Wardog.
I`m aiming for 8%, or lower if possible. Followed by a nice long clean bulk.
As you say, if I get it down to 7% or lower I`ve got more scope to really bulk up without worrying too much about BF.
My first attempt at bulking was not very good, but I feel that the next time round I`ll be able to do a lot better job with the knowledge that I`ve gleaned from this site.
At the moment I`m on a fairly steep learning curve & I`ve already made big changes to my lifestyle to help in reaching my goals.

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nelson, looks like you're off to a good start. I seldom ever get below 10%, and at 10, you have a good 6-pack. To drop another 2-3% requires real discipline, in diet, training and increased cardio.

Nelson

Nelson, looks like you're off to a good start. I seldom ever get below 10%, and at 10, you have a good 6-pack. To drop another 2-3% requires real discipline, in diet, training and increased cardio.
Thanks for the encouragement John Benz.
I`ve always paid attention to your comments, along with YJ, Winwords, Wardog et al, both here and over at bb.com.
I realise it isn`t going to be easy to get below 10%, especially this being my first attempt to cut.
I`m ashamed to say that I have never been able to see my abs. :eek:
But I`m determined to get down to at least 10%.
I`ll post again when I get closer to my goal.

Draven

Awards
  • Established
Lookin good so far Nelson. I think you've got a good base and now some experience behind you to really "blast the mass" in your next bulking cycle.

I remember you commenting back a while ago on my pics that you figured you'd look like me once you cut your BF down a bit.... I'd have to say I agree with that. I'm not a big guy either but I don't think it's something that you should be embarrassed about... everyone's gotta start somewhere. Good luck!

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Everyone does start somewhere and you the important thing is that you start! After seeing several amazing transformation pics in the last week or two, I am simply amazed at the humans ability to make a change, even a dramatic change if he/she chooses to do so.

wardog

Awards
  • Established
Win said it best. We all start somewhere, and you hit the nail on the head when you said you learned some things. This is all about learning your body. I reserched juice for 2 years before trying it. I thought I had my first cycle PERFECT. After that cycle, there were 10 thigs I would have done different. Each cycle, I get it down a bit better..for MY body. Nutrition was no different, and workout..well, I STILL experiment. As long as you keep learning, and never think you know it all, you will keep making good progress.

Good luck to ya.

dejansen

Awards
Wardog, you obviously live in Japan. Just wondering if you carried the PH into the country or had it shipped to you? I know Japanese customs can be very curious about packages coming into the country. I doubt they'd know what PHs are yet though. Also, do you go to a gym? It's kind of hard to find a decent gym unless you live in a biggish city. I'm just curious. I lived there for about seven years and now that I work out and do a cycle here and there, I wonder what obstacles I would run into if I were to return.

Nelson

Wardog, you obviously live in Japan. Just wondering if you carried the PH into the country or had it shipped to you? I know Japanese customs can be very curious about packages coming into the country. I doubt they'd know what PHs are yet though. Also, do you go to a gym? It's kind of hard to find a decent gym unless you live in a biggish city. I'm just curious. I lived there for about seven years and now that I work out and do a cycle here and there, I wonder what obstacles I would run into if I were to return.
I`m not Wardog, but I think your post was addressed to me.
Yes, I live in Japan.
I had the PH shipped to me.
So far I`ve had two packages from AnabolicMinds sent by USPS which have gone missing.
Chemo generously reimbursed me for those which was very nice of him.
And, yes I do go to a gym.
I live in a village of some 3,000 people.
There`s no gym here, only lots of rice fields, so I make an hour return trip 4-5 times a week to use a gym in a nearby city.
The main obstacle which I face is purchasing supps in Japan - supps made by US companies are scarce and when they can be found the cost is way too high. Japanese supps are not too good and are also very costly.
It works out cheaper for me to purchase supps online from the US & ship them to my doorstep.
BTW where did you live in Japan?

dejansen

Awards
I lived in a very small town in Hokkaido by the name of Tsukigata-cho for three years. Then I lived in Tatsuno, near Himeji down in the Kansai area for two years. And finally just north of Tokyo in Tsukuba for two years. My wife is from Nagano.

I feel for you! It must take extra dedication to weight train in Japan and get the necessary supps, nutrition, and training facilities. Hang in there!

David

Nelson

I lived in a very small town in Hokkaido by the name of Tsukigata-cho for three years. Then I lived in Tatsuno, near Himeji down in the Kansai area for two years. And finally just north of Tokyo in Tsukuba for two years. My wife is from Nagano.

I feel for you! It must take extra dedication to weight train in Japan and get the necessary supps, nutrition, and training facilities. Hang in there!

David
Thanks for the encouragement Dejansen.
I also have a Japanese wife.
Gotta love the Japanese girls. :)
I`m on the JET Programme so I have a lot of free time to train, cook meals etc.
Nevertheless, it`d be a lot easier being able to have easy access to supps & other food which we take for granted.

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
well theres really no need for me to add anything, as always everyone else said everything..lol...thast whats cool about this board, pretty much everyone knows their ****, so in no time you have all the info you need.

i just have one question...who had the "honor" of taking those nudes of you man.... hoping the gf....i mean you wouldnt subject one of your guy friends to that would u?

lol

I will say you are off to a good start, lots of people don't take the time to learn ...and jump in the water with both feet (or something like that).....keep us posted

h19

Nelson

well theres really no need for me to add anything, as always everyone else said everything..lol...thast whats cool about this board, pretty much everyone knows their ****, so in no time you have all the info you need.

i just have one question...who had the "honor" of taking those nudes of you man.... hoping the gf....i mean you wouldnt subject one of your guy friends to that would u?

lol

I will say you are off to a good start, lots of people don't take the time to learn ...and jump in the water with both feet (or something like that).....keep us posted

h19
My wife took the pics.
There`s no way I`d get one of my mates to take pics of me in the nude.
That`s going a bit far.
To tell you the truth I never realised how difficult it was to pose until these were taken.
Thanks for words of encouragement.

Nelson

UPDATE

It`s been about 14 weeks since I last posted my pics.
I`ve cut from 187lbs to 173lbs.
I think that I have managed to add some lean mass whilst dropping BF.
I can`t accurately measure my BF, but I`m guessing I`m about 12-13% - What do you think???
I`m going to switch over to a clean bulk diet in about a week.
My aim is to get to 220lbs by August 1, 2004 whilst keeping BF levels under control.
If I can reach 220lbs under 16-18% I`ll be happy.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Re: UPDATE

It`s been about 14 weeks since I last posted my pics.
I`ve cut from 187lbs to 173lbs.
I think that I have managed to add some lean mass whilst dropping BF.
I can`t accurately measure my BF, but I`m guessing I`m about 12-13% - What do you think???
I`m going to switch over to a clean bulk diet in about a week.
My aim is to get to 220lbs by August 1, 2004 whilst keeping BF levels under control.
If I can reach 220lbs under 16-18% I`ll be happy.
That is still A LOT of weight to gain in little over a year. I would plan on two years for a quality gain of the much at the least bro.

Nelson

June 13, 2003 - Front/Side pic

Another pic of da toothpick

Last edited by a moderator:

Nelson

Goals

That is still A LOT of weight to gain in little over a year. I would plan on two years for a quality gain of the much at the least bro.
I know that it can be done if the diet & training are spot on - I feel that they will based on the fact that IA is going to train me.
A lot of others have been gaining 1lb a week naturally, or a little more.
This is my goal to reach in one year.
Of course I`ll have some setbacks, illnesses etc, but taking these into account I feel that 220lb is achievable with IA training me.

db682

Awards
  • Established
Im with Wind on that one. 50 lbs lean gain is not an easy task for anybody. If your working , schooling, married, and god knows what else, you are going to have an even harder time getting there. If you do get there I can imagine you will be the one of the most fatigued men in Japan. It took me almost 5yrs of constant lifting, eating, sleeping and learning on top of my daily routines to go from 180 to 220. Now if I do get over 225 Im lucky if it sticks. I fart and Im back at 220. Very disturbing, ask my wife.
Anyways, I would set your goals at a shortier time range and a more realistic wight for the time frame. (ie., 6 months-add 10lbs lean mass. etc.) Make a routine log to document strength gains as well. Do things that will help motivate you because it can be depressing not to reach a goal and let me tell you, you wont always meet it.
Whatever you do, Best of luck at it.
db

Nelson

Thanks for the tips db682.
I guess I`ll have to lower my goals.
So about 2lbs a month would be more realistic then?

db682

Awards
  • Established
2 lbs a months is easily realistic, but thats not what I meant. I meant that if you set your goals on a shortier time frame you can gauge how much preperation and work will be needed in order to accomplish your next CYCLE of goals. It also helps in keeping you motivated by actually allowing you to reach a desired goal every so often. Saying that you want to gain 50 lbs in 2 yrs doesnt actually give you the motivation because the thought of having 2 yrs to worry about it can always cause you to put it on the back burner. I dont know if this is sounding right but I cant explain it any better right now.
To reach a goal means that you need to plan, work, and succeed. Its almost impossible to plan 2 yrs in advance. Now 6 weeks or even 6 months is something that can be easier planned. You getting me. I think im confusiong myself now.
Shortier time frame= higher levels of motivation, more realistic goals, more chances to succeed at those goals.

Im in construction management so I pretty much spend my entire life setting goals (deadlines) and making sure they are met. If the goal doesnt get met then that could mean someone doesnt get paid and someone not getting paid is a bad thing. Im currently on my 4th year of 6 for my masters in Building construction and construction Management and working a minimum of 40 hrs a wk. Planning is key to everything my friend!
Damn that was to much writting.
Good luck man,
db

Nelson

db682
I totally understand you.
I have set goals for both mass & strength over the next 3 months, 6 months & 12 months.
As yous say, it helps to keep focused having short-term goals rather than just a long-term goal that is in the distant future.
And as I go along I can alter the goals to take into account my pogress or any setbacks etc.
Thanks for the input!

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Just cut the size down on your pic Nelson.. so it would load faster

Nelson

Current Diet & Routine

What's your routine/diet like?
At the moment I`m following SwoleCat`s SwoleGenix Diet.
Currently on Day 65.
It`s been well worth the investment.
I have reduced my BF from 16-17% to 12-13%, plus added some lean mass along the way.
My strength has not gone down & the diet has been easy enough to follow.
I`m DLing more than before I started cutting on this diet which is surprising considering I`m doing cardio on a daily basis.
I have been doing an abbreviated / HIT style workout 3 times a week with some restpause.
But in the next week I will be switching over to a lean mass diet and starting on a new routine under the guidance of IA.