To Compete, or Not To Compete?

1. New Member
    Answers

To Compete, or Not To Compete?

well, from my previous thread, some suggested i should give bodybuilding competition a try after all, my competitive powerlifting career is coming closer to its end. these pics were taken today in the locker room, and i weighed in at a dry 220 at 5'10", 18 years old, ALL NATURAL.. for now.

the flash also kind of washes out whatever vascularity/definition i do have, but oh well.

for some reason the leg pics i took wont post hmmm. prolly cuz they're too big ( the pics... not my legs haha)

Thanks everyone! any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    -J

2. Registered User
    Answers

youre 18? holy

i dont know much about competing so i cant comment on that, but good god man, huge.

i do have a question though... youre 18 and your powerlifting career is coming to an end? wtf?
  3. New Member
    Answers

no, its not "coming to an end" i just wanna be a bodybuilder is all
    •   

4. More Cowbell
    Answers

I'd say let me see your legs before I put in any opinion. Your upper body definitely is sick bro...
  5. Registered User
    Answers

****ty pics especially since you've got a loose shirt on ... but based on what i can see you look unreal for 18 .. keep plugging away and please please resist the temptation of gear until you are 21 or so .. your test is super high (your's probably even more so than others based on your physique) .. you've got tons of potential! get after it man
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

you've definately got some size from the limited amount of area shown in the pics.
  7. Senior Member
    Answers

go for it brutha...it can only get better from here. Bobo would make you ridiculously shredded. You should hire him and have him take you to the top holmes.
  8. New Member
    Answers

damn man, you look freakin aweosme, i also do not know about competition, i def think you got the size man, **** if anything youll be ready by the time most of the guys in the show started to lift! good luck man
  9. New Member
    Answers

LEG PIC IS UPPPP, its ****ty tho.. ill take more
  10. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  264 lbs.
    Answers

I agree with the rest, hire bobo, stay off juice, win competitions
  11. New Member
    Answers

legs need to come up a bit to match your upper body. Lower back needs a little more work. thought Id give you actual critique instead of knob slobbing.
  12. Board Supporter
    Answers

Wow... I must say your traps are insane big... So big in fact, they look a bit disporportionate to the rest of you... but regardless you could probably clean up in your age bracket.

peace bro.
  13. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by prolangtum
    legs need to come up a bit to match your upper body. Lower back needs a little more work. thought Id give you actual critique instead of knob slobbing.
    Thanks bro! i totally agree. my calves especially (which you cant really see). those mother****ers just dont wanna grow
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by HARDtotheCORE
    Thanks bro! i totally agree. my calves especially (which you cant really see). those mother****ers just dont wanna grow
    glen and i feel your pain......
  15. New Member
    Answers

Its so ****in frustrating eh? theres like those fat ass couch potatoes that ****in dont do **** and have calves like ****ing mike matarazzo, and i'm walking around campus like i got raped in the ass cuz i can barely stand up cuz my fcuking calves are so damn sore from banging out a billion sets of calf raises and the ****s like smaller than my biceps!... wtf?!?!!
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Its so ****in frustrating eh? theres like those fat ass couch potatoes that ****in dont do **** and have calves like ****ing mike matarazzo, and i'm walking around campus like i got raped in the ass cuz i can barely stand up cuz my fcuking calves are so damn sore from banging out a billion sets of calf raises and the ****s like smaller than my biceps!... wtf?!?!!
    i've been doing a different routine lately, slightly modified from the DC stretching routine. put on a 1/4" in the past 4 weeks. not massive but it's better than it was.

medium weight, 15-20 slow controlled reps max set. now, use the same weight to super stretch your calves for 30 seconds. stretch them as much as possible (yeah, it hurts). after 30 seconds, pump out as many reps as you can with the same weight. do this after every set. 2nd set hurts the most for me, then they just go numb. try it and see. what's the worst it can do? keep em the same size?
  17. Board Supporter
    Answers

theres like those fat ass couch potatoes that ****in dont do **** and have calves like ****ing mike matarazzo
    Lol.. that would be me.. well it was, but damn it's paid off now.

18. Registered User
    Answers

All you >200 lb. guys whining about your calves make me sick. I'm 5'10", 185 pounds @ 10%, 1 year of training. I got 18" calves --- never really done anything for 'em. I do calf raises, but mostly just FFS. Basically, it's just genetics.

Are you jealous?

How do you think I feel about having EFFING 14.75 INCH ARMS!? HUH? EVER THINK ABOUT THAT!?

"Oh, geez, poor wittle ol' me. My 20 inch guns make my calves look so small! What ever shall I do?"

Uh... stop whining about your calves because your arms are the size of my goddamn head?

All these beefcakes and their "tiny calves anonymous" support groups, while us ectos are still trying to avoid drowning in our t-shirts. I ****in' **** my pants with joy when I hit 150 pounds. I'm looking forward to having 15" arms. You guys probably don't even remember when your arms were 15" because they never were!

"Well, some people got good calves, some people got good arms. It's all good."

Oh no it AIN'T! What the hell am I gonna do with a beefy set of calves and buggy whip arms? "Yeah, my arms are pretty small, but you gotta see my calves!" I couldn't even impress granmaw with that ****! And what's the first pose you do in a mirror? Front double bi? Most muscular? Ponder this --- would you rather have 14" guns or 14" calves in those poses? Hell, on stage, which would you prefer!?

I swear... the next person who complains about their calves...

Ha ha... only serious.
    Last edited by Nabeshin; 09-18-2005 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Cleaning up typos.
  19. New Member
    Answers

good pics..........nice work
  20. Board Supporter
    Answers

You have great potential!

18? You will be huge.

I am curious about your training.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. To Rub or not to Rub
    By Big Joe in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 12:09 PM
  2. Tested Powerlifting meets??To compete or Not to compete?
    By MrSkullCrusher in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-07-2005, 08:13 PM
  3. To cheese or not to cheese?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 07:02 PM
  4. to extend or not to extend?
    By mauibuilt in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-01-2003, 04:59 PM
  5. To Stretch or Not to Stretch You be the Judge