Preparing to cycle

Cursed

Awards
hey team

im preparing to run my first cycle of anything, 3 weeks of SD. 30 y/o, 204lbs, 6'1.
i will be starting in about 4-5 days. heres what i look like now.

*edit for people misusing my pics*

will post after pics when its time.

Curse

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Very nice bro. You ahve a very "different" looking physique.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
You have some good LBM. I think you will do very well. :thumbsup: Best of luck to you.

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You look bigger than 204. Yes different look.

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
Lookin' good already!! Very lean! Must be nice.. Looks like you have long torso, but again, looks good. Traps could use some work. Nice sized guns!:thumbsup:

Cursed

Awards
thanks guys. i have a high metabolism so im always lean, i can pretty much eat anything.
its strange, i do look bigger than people who weigh more than i do and are shorter, and there are kids at my gyms who are like half as big as me but lift more weight than me. :think:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys. i have a high metabolism so im always lean, i can pretty much eat anything.
its strange, i do look bigger than people who weigh more than i do and are shorter, and there are kids at my gyms who are like half as big as me but lift more weight than me. :think:
it's b/c ur soooo damn lean. Makes you look much larger--but thats a good thing. either way, 204 at your BF is great.

Lookin' thick bro, for being cycleless you've got a great phsyique.

Tad50

Awards
you have a good foundation. couple areas I think you need to work on.... Upper chest, this will make the chest appear to be "raised" as opposed to the droopy look...also if you had bigger traps it will give you some more depth.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
yeah man, looking great. You're waste is small as hell!!! in a good way of course..lol. What's the tape say on your ab measurement?

This first cycle is gonna be great for you man, you're gonna get huge....as it looks like you've got your diet/training dialed in...props to you, good luck with the SD.

t_dot_porkchop

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
bump to all the above posts! you have a very strong looking physique, especially your triceps and lats....tiny waist too!

how long have you been training if you dont mind me asking?

Cursed

Awards
thanks again for all the encouragement guys. lets see here .. measurements i know now are 33 waist (32 if i suck it in) 17 3/4 inch arm (left is a little smaller) 26 quads.
i started training in 2001 (at 155lbs) pretty steadily, but made all the classic begginer mistakes and didnt gain more than 5 lbs for a year. in 2002 i seperated my clavicle at the sternum and that took me out for several months, where i lost anything i had gained. actually i injure myself a lot, im never totally healthy. but ive been dedicated pretty solidly since 02', so i guess thats three+ years steady liftin.
and im still trying to even out them traps :)

curse

punta

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Looking good bro, your triceps have some really good size on them. Mind if I ask what you do for tri's.

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
very nice man.

with all these SD threads im sure everything can be easily prepared and you'll have a good cycle.

Tad50

Awards
yeah man. for the traps, just keep bustin out those shrugs and upright rows. Go Heavy but also incorporate some drop sets to really get that good pump in the traps. Also, if you know how to perform the exercise properly, I'd recommend power cleans or Hang Cleans. Those will take your traps/shoulders/upper back to a whole different level. It will also help tighten up the shoulder joint if you're still having problems with that. Good Luck!!

Cursed

Awards
maybe ill just turn this into a cycle log :)

punta: for triceps, once you understand the anatomy of it, you can sort of tailor them to your needs or wants. i knew early on that it was the tricep that made an arm big, not so much the bicep. so i learned as much as i could, talked to guys with big tri's, and lo and behold, now i have well shaped horseshoes. the problem, as i see it, is most of us hammer the press-downs like its nobodys buisness, then give other tricep exercises second fiddle. the biggest head of the tricep is the long head, the one on the back of the arm, and it is actually connected to your scapula (shoulder blade), where as the other two tricep heads start up on the humerus. so to make this long winded story a bit shorter, the exercises that elevate your humerus away from your body will hit the long head the best, since it is able to contract harder, being stretched out. this is what most guys are missing that i see at the gym.
My main tri exercise for a long time was skullcrushers. i'd do em like i do bench press, 4-5 working sets, around 8 reps, failing on the last 1-2 reps of the last 1-2 sets, always using progressive resistance and a spotter for those last few. follow those with some overhead dumbell extensions (two handed variety). lastly i would throw in the press downs.

Tad: whats a hang clean? ive heard the term but never seen it done. im familiar with power cleans, that exercise will make a man out of ya. what day would you do them in a traditional push/pull/legs split? also, i never do shrugs or upright rows, i just decided a long time ago i didnt want huge traps and no neck, but i can see now it is a weak point so i gotta start.

thanks team
:cheers: cheers

curse

Tad50

Awards
Curse: The hang clean is very similar to the power clean, except you begin the exercise standing up as opposed to on the ground (like in the deadlift). Make sure that as you "catch" the weight at the top, you squat down with your elbows pointing out, as if you're doing a front squat. You can incorporate the power clean/hang clean in pretty much any workout. That's the beauty of it! It is literally a total body exercise. Me personally, I will do them on leg days and/or shoulder days. But, there have been times when I started my chest workout or back workout with power cleans. Also, if you play sports, cleans will greatly improve your athleticism. We're talkin' first step quickness and vertical jump baby!

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Man then I guess I am not that far away then if I am at 36 inch waist at 6'4. I figured I would be in the 32 inch range for good leanness. You really helped me out since you are tall as well.

diplomats

Awards
  • Established
damn hommie! you have a great build dawg. keep it up

Cursed

Awards
diplomats: thanks holmes, your lookin pretty large and in charge yourself.

bigphill: i wish i was 6'4. :)

well today was day 2 at 10 mg, im actually down a pound or two :think:
normal im pretty sure .. but im thinking of bumping to 20 mg soon anyways ... maybe i should just go start a log :D

:cheers:
cheers mates

tattoopierced1

you'll ususally drop a pound or two the first couple of days on SD...it dries you out, but be prepared for some big gains...they'll come quick if you eat for it....

Jimmy_magix

Awards
Excellent physique. What does the tat on your tri mean (I'm always interested in the marks/scars/tattoos people carry and the stories behind them).

TheKashi

Awards
damn dude...monster tris. good luck with the cycle.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Well, being this tall sorta sucks when you have friends who are smaller than you and always expect you to dominate in basketball, LOL.

Cursed

Awards
Jimmy: it says 'i love chinese girls'

update on the cycle: i dont think ive been eating nearly enough, ive only gained about 3-4 pounds and im halfway through. it seems like my appetite is suppresed or something. i do look bigger still, its like i stay pumped most of the time.
will have the after pictures up in a little over a week.

curse

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
WOW!!!! you look incrediable....... nice tatts as well........

Cursed

Awards
thanks jeepygirl, i love american girls too. thats what the other arm says :)

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
HAHA, that is the good thing about tats, you can tell girls some bullshit to get on there good side. J/K.

Cursed

Awards
time to update:
cycle done, 22 days, went very well. gained about 10 pounds, gained strength, pretty lean, im hoping to keep it. product appears to work as advertised.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Hell yeah, you look like you did alright with it. I can def tell a difference....especially in the delts/traps/upper back...nice work. How much do you weigh now man?

Cursed

Awards
thanks james. yo lifted, im about 214 right there. im gonna try and take some more pics today and put em up.

Tad50

Awards
I can see a difference for sure. Looking good. You've been hittin them traps eh? Can you tell a difference in the overall upper body when you develope the traps? It sort brings everything together. Good job. :thumbsup:

Let's see some pics of the front/side.....and don't forget the wheels.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I can see a difference for sure. Looking good. You've been hittin them traps eh? Can you tell a difference in the overall upper body when you develope the traps? It sort brings everything together. Good job. :thumbsup:

Let's see some pics of the front/side.....and don't forget the wheels.
Hell yeah, big traps are one of those muscles that make it obvious to other people that you workout..lol. Those and front and side delts. :thumbsup:

Cursed

Awards
hold your water tad, had to take some :p

*edit for people misusing my pics*

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Cursed... I looked here and in your SD summary thread and never did see if/when you bumped up to 20mg. You mentioned you were planning on doing that, but I was curious... how many days did you stay at 10mg/day before bumping up to 20mg?

Any sides to report besides the appetite thing?

Thanks. BTW - You look great bro! Excellent work!

Cursed

Awards
Thanks guys

shootme, i went 1st week 10mg, 2nd wk 20mg, went to 30mg for third week but at 4th or 5th day at 30mg i got some crazy back pumps so i dropped back to 20mg for the last few days. i was on for 22 days.
so the sides were decreased appetite and the crazy back pumps i got on 30mg.
to describe the back pumps: i did 4 sets of good atf squats, and went over to start my deadlifts, when i went to pick up the bar (which was 135pds) for the first rep of my first set, my lower back exploded in some crazy pain. there was no question i had to stop the workout, i could no longer bend over.

pct is going alright, i havent been eating enough like normal but ive maintained most of the poundage and strength. 5 more days and i get to stop starting my day with liquid nolva
:saw:

cheers mates

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Awesome work man! You've got a throax that looks like wasp's:) Any idea what your BF% is?

Cursed

Awards
thanks bigvrunga and bmw, no i dont know my BF, i havent had it checked in about ten years or so.
sometimes i see they have the little table set up in my gym with free bf tests, but i feel bad going up there because its always these fatter dudes and chicks getting tested, and then here i'd come. lean mean fighting machine, can you check my bf please? i guess i should do it anyways next time.

peace

curse

chuckchaser

Awards
now that some back and tri's you got going on buddy.... look dam huge.. keep it up man.

Cursed

Awards
thanks chuck :thumbsup:

here is a pic from day after pct was complete.

*edit again for punk asses misusing my pics*
:cheers:

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Holy crap, you're upper body is insane! I can't help but wonder if your legs are lagging behind somewhat though.