GLEN 4 weeks out

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
here we go .. i still need to work on my posing when there isn't a mirror present .. badly! lol but luckily i still have a month to become a better poser :)

Last edited:
Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Lookin' really good dude! Nice work thus far. :thumbsup:

I bet you can't wait for a huge piece of cheesecake when it's all said and done...LOL. Keep up the great work.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Awesome man; you do a great job of updating your progress. To take-off of what Cuffs said, what are you looking forward to bingeing on? Good luck!

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
well in regards to what i'm looking forward to binging on ... its more i'm looking forward to eating WHATEVER the **** i want for a week before hopping back on a diet :) .. i'm pretty sure water will be the thing i'm craving most though as i plan on using the "shitload method" the night before/morning of the show .. so i'll have already taken in a ton of good stuff :) pizza, cookies, donuts, pancakes etc etc .. all that sodium and zero water won't be fun .. so water will be amazing afterwards

and thanks for the kind words .. i'd look better in the pics if my posing was better .. i'm going to start practicing a ton now that i have more free time finally

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wow man, you should be proud!

What are you weighing in at now? I think you should do great, if you just keep doing what you are doing.

Do you have any stats/measurments?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
weight .. depends on the scale either 184 or 189 i don't know which is accurate

measurements
chest - 47 inches
arms - 17 inches
forearms - 14.5 inches
waist - 28 inches
thighs - 26 inches

bf% i don't know .. 6%ish?
calves - 15 inches :(

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Yea, took me a while to find your calves. LOL J/k
Don't feel too bad, you look pretty damn jacked, nice job.

size

Awards
  • Established
Best of luck with your show. Your cutting has gone well.
Anyway, I think your front is much stronger than your back.

What is your neck measurement? you neck looks very thick.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Look great man! Maintained your size very well and are ripped to shreds....4 more weeks :D

Don't worry about the calves...worste case scenario, if you ever end up on the streets or something, you can call Beelze up and you can floss each others teeth with 'em :twisted: j/k they're not that bad at all....

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Looking good man. Good luck!

Who has the worst calves on AM? Glen or Beelz?

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Your double bi and most muscular look really good. Your ripped!

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I htought it was me until I've seen pics of both of them...LOL! :lol: Hell, who am I kidding, mine look like they should have a message tied to them, ****. :frustrate

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Looking lean and mean bro. Here's what I got (I'm sure you already know this).

Arms- Good size, seperation and vascularity. Nice job. Your best muscle group.

Shoulders- Good seperation between the anterior, posterior and medial deltoids. A little more width wouldn't hurt though.

Midsection- I like your midsection and I'm sure it'll come in even better as you get closer to the show.

Chest- Overall, decent chest. Need to add some mass though. Also, it looks like your right pec is bigger/fuller than your left. Could be your posing.

Back- Definitely need to add more width and thickness to the ole' back. Looks alright now, but a big back will make that small ass waste look even smaller.

Quads- Good size and seperation. I'm sure these will look better as well once you get closer to competeing and lose the water. Work on the sweep.

Hams/Calves- What can I say, needs work.

And work on that posing!

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Hell yeah, bro. Your abs and thighs kicks ass. It looks like you are right on target. Best of luck at the show. I hope to make it, but being late on a Sunday, I doubt it.

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
A few tips for your posing.

On the side tri and side chest pose, put your toes on your outside foot next to the middle of your inside foot and flex that leg. And on the side chest lean your upper body towards which side is going to be viewed so both pecs can be seen easily. On the side tri, try to keep your arms closer to your body if you can, instead of leaning back.

On your rear lat spread, put your thumbs more on the back of your hips and press in there, and then push your shoulders forward more. It should help make your back look like it tapers down more.

On your front double bicep, stick one foot out in front and and point your toes outwards some and flex your calf. sort of like in your ab/thigh pose.

Other than that, your are making great progress getting ready. You will do well.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I want your arms dude. Double bi looks sick!

Keep up the good work!

Brendan

Awards
Glen, I would like to suggest changing your foot positioning on your side shots. For example if performing a right side chest. Push up on your toe with your right foot and cup it into the middle of your left foot. This will allow you to push you right hamstring against your left knee giving you more ham sweep. Additionally dont be afraid to squat down a little more. This gives you a more compact physique. Make sure your posing everynight. I hope I dont come off ass a dick, but you need to bring your lower body up to par with your upper body. On your rear shots their is virtually no hamstring shown. It may be lighting or I think foot positioning may be the culprit. Spike it out further and really push on your toe. What are you using as your form of cardio? If I were you I would start twice a day cardio on the stair stepper. The catabolic effects of twice a day cardio are overblown in my opinion. So dont worry about muscle loss. You look great and dont worry. 4 weeks is more than enough time.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Nice, but what happened to the pink suit? :icon_lol:

Methyl1

Awards
Looking real good bro, you have a nice upperbody. The arms are your strongest point IMO.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Looking real good bro, you have a nice upperbody. The arms are your strongest point IMO.
Don't mean to hijack, Glen, but I had to comment on Methyl's new avatar....MUCH better :) Plus, your build looks like you've got good natty potential, so show it off! Shed a bit of fat,and you'll be good to go!

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
g4ud1n and brendan thanks a ton for the tips .. i'm still slightly confused about the foot position though .. if you could explain it in slightly different terms it would be greatly helpful
everything thanks a ton for all the positive comments .. and thanks to everyone for all the feedback .. i agree 100% my back definitely needs a lot of work but that's what the offseason is for :)

thanks everyone

Last edited:

Methyl1

Awards
Don't mean to hijack, Glen, but I had to comment on Methyl's new avatar....MUCH better :) Plus, your build looks like you've got good natty potential, so show it off! Shed a bit of fat,and you'll be good to go!
Thanks for the comment bro, much appreciated:) Yeah, im on a perpetual bulk till I build up good muscle mass, I try to do cardio 5 days a week to help keep it in check and stick to mass builders such as squats, deadlift (my fav), dumbell press, shoulder press, etc. I eat 6 meals a day which are consisting of red meat, eggs, milk, chicken, fruits, salads, wheat bread, oats. No soda, candies, cakes, sweets, or any junk foods. Ive actually dropped 8 lbs from that picture from doing cardio more.

Renton405

Awards
17 inch arms at a 180+ bodyweight is amazing...Keep up the good work..

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
oh and Size my neck currently is 16.5 inches .. in the winter it gets up to around 17.5ish .. inherented that from my pop lol .. even before i got into lifting when i was a young teen i had a thick neck

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
oh and Size my neck currently is 16.5 inches .. in the winter it gets up to around 17.5ish .. inherented that from my pop lol .. even before i got into lifting when i was a young teen i had a thick neck
How long have you been lifting?

I know this is your first show, but is this the first time you have been this lean?

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
g4ud1n and brendan thanks a ton for the tips .. i'm still slightly confused about the foot position though .. if you could explain it in slightly different terms it would be greatly helpful
everything thanks a ton for all the positive comments .. and thanks to everyone for all the feedback .. i agree 100% my back definitely needs a lot of work but that's what the offseason is for :)

thanks everyone
Ill look around for some pictures and then highlight the areas that im talking about for you.

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
In my opinion Dexter hit this one dead on. And notice how his feet are next together and his entire leg is flexed. If you choose to, you can crouch down a little more and rotate your body towards whichever way it is to be viewed.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
How long have you been lifting?

I know this is your first show, but is this the first time you have been this lean?
well i've been "lifting" since i was about 14 on and off .. really got dedicated when i was 17 unfortunately i didn't learn how to train properly until i was around 20 and i did a ton of wheel spinning before that .. i really only got my diet down about a year and a half ago and i'm constantly learning more and more

and i've never been THIS lean before .. i've been around here before but definitely never this lean

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
g4ud1n - thanks so much! i completely understand what you guys are saying ... i'm going to work a ton on my posing this month .. as i said i had been SO busy i really haven't had much time to practice yet

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
yeah, posing is very important. it can make or break how you place

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
At least you have a neck. I'm one of those bastards who doesn't have one. Looks like my head is just sitting on my shoulders...LOL. What neck I do have, is at 18 3/4".

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Looking good man. Good luck!

I think I'll take that honor. Mine are a bit larger than glen's but i have a 2.75" difference between arms/calves. Glen has 2" difference. Oh yeah, BTW, you suck. :trout:

Glen, looking great bro. You're going to do awesome. :thumbsup:

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
you got fans, glen! The AM boyz are all pulling for you!

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Glen.........WOW!!! you look well for lack of a better word!!! yummy!!! good work there friend, and I am only sorry i wont make the show....:(

Sea223

Awards
  • Established
Good luck Glen-

I was at the Emerald Cup last month and you would've done awesome there!!!

asap nutrition

Awards
  • Established
here we go .. i still need to work on my posing when there isn't a mirror present .. badly! lol but luckily i still have a month to become a better poser :)
Incredible just freaking incredible. All natural I assume asside from the OTC supplements right. Really nice. Needing to start my weighttraining/diet plan and post of pics soon.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Good **** glen, a friend of mine is the same size as you and I think he took 4th at his first contest.

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
Try to find some video to help you with your posing, you will want to make transitions that are real smooth from one pose to the next. Also practice holding each mandatory pose for as long as you can without shaking.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
one step ahead of you ;) picked up "perfect posing" by some national NPC judge whose name escapes me at the moment

ke0ki

Board Supporter
Awards
Glen you are looking awesome... Excellent work so far especially for being only 4 weeks out. The striations on your quads look great!

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Can I interest you in a double bacon cheeseburger with extra mayo? :D

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
glenihan
making powerlifters feel fat the world over

God that is funny.

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
glen your looking awesome bro...you've leaned out a F*CK ton since 10 weeks out...looks really good...shredded and thick(god i hate you, lol)

I wish you luck I'm sure one you get that posing down you'll kick some arse on stage.

regards,
COTC

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
awesome **** Glen. you really blasted away those obliques and maintained great size. truly impressive. I wish you a strong finish in the next 4 weeks!

MadMas

Work Horse
Awards
Great development, hams and calves need work. Also width on delts... but great rear delt development.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Aleksandar37 General Chat 0
BodyWizard Politics 0
Cool Sports Talk 0
Pics 52
Pics 68