booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Many of us would like an objective eye on our physique and some constructive criticism on how/where to improve... So here's the place to do it.

The rules:

- Posters: only post pics if you're ok with hearing the truth. DO NOT argue with what someone says. It's all an opinion, so deal with it.

- Critiquers: be constructive. This doesn't mean you have to lie, but just bashing for the sake of bashing is just childish.
- feel free to post suggested exercises and such to help

Please quote the pic posted or tag the person who you're critiquing or replying to. With (what I hope) will be quite a few participants and judges this will help to keep things easy to read.

Let's make this as informative and helpful as possible. I'm hoping to see some pretty good pics as well as advice. I'll be posting some pics up myself either tonight or tomorrow morning to get things rolling.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I like the idea. I will participate upon getting home tonight with my starting recomp pic and current. Cut starts next week so more eyes can always help pinpoint weak areas and the criticism can help me see areas that need help and more focus

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Yay! I'll post up when I get a chance to access my phone.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
excellent thread brother-

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good idea dude.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
In, but no nudes til I'm not so fat

WAF

WAF

Awards
Subbed. Ive already got some good critics from the guys on my log but can always hear other points. Trying to improve my back. I'll be the first......

image.jpeg

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Girlfriends keeping the lower half on lockdown which I don't really mind.

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1461988645.411039.jpg

Bulking isn't easy

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1461988664.155232.jpg

End of my recomp. Cutting starts this weekend actually!

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1461988709.039633.jpg

Back has seemed to be my fav and I believe PH3 gave me a new view on thickness but my lower back still needs a ways to go.

All in all I train more for PL and amateur show bouts but still want to see my abs at the waterside. Holding at 235lbs and I'm 6'3. Trying to continue filling out my frame best I can.

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1462026686.500349.jpg
let's hear it AM , be brutal if you must
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1462026714.335492.jpg
never been good at posing/flexing back one of my weakest points
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1462026791.165805.jpg

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Girlfriends keeping the lower half on lockdown which I don't really mind.

View attachment 134922

Bulking isn't easy

View attachment 134923

End of my recomp. Cutting starts this weekend actually!

View attachment 134924

Back has seemed to be my fav and I believe PH3 gave me a new view on thickness but my lower back still needs a ways to go.

All in all I train more for PL and amateur show bouts but still want to see my abs at the waterside. Holding at 235lbs and I'm 6'3. Trying to continue filling out my frame best I can.
Lookin great bro. I suggest focus on chest development to balance out those massive front delt caps. Possibly upper chest to build around the clavicle area. Great V taper also.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Subbed. Ive already got some good critics from the guys on my log but can always hear other points. Trying to improve my back. I'll be the first......

View attachment 134911
Overall width is awesome. Thickness is pretty solid is well.

As was mentioned in your thread, rear sets and upper back detail in general would really change the look there. Might even be as simple as a posture change so you hold your shoulders back more.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Lookin great bro. I suggest focus on chest development to balance out those massive front delt caps. Possibly upper chest to build around the clavicle area. Great V taper also.
Totally agree with this TheMovement. Your taper is so crazy that it almost makes it hard to keep everything proportional ha.

Heavy chest and definitely some traps. You're so wide up top that it's gonna be hard to get those traps to pop especially from the front.

You pop some abs on that v though and you'll be magazine ready in no time

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
View attachment 134934 let's hear it AM , be brutal if you must View attachment 134935 never been good at posing/flexing back one of my weakest points View attachment 134936
Back width is definitely a need. You have a similar shape to me with fairly round muscles but length/width is a tough one. It would make you look so much bigger too.

Hard to tell thickness with the shirt tho.

From the front, same as me, chest could use some mass. I hold all my fat right at my nipples too so it always looks like I have no roundness and your pic looks very similar.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So here's my collage, let me know if there would be a better angle or something to help. No problem with being as harsh or blunt as possible. Each collage has a flexed and relaxed for reference.
It's been a long time since I had an objective eye:

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1462029466.763024.jpg
front

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1462029481.059048.jpg
side

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1462029492.004944.jpg
back

WAF

WAF

Awards
Overall width is awesome. Thickness is pretty solid is well.

As was mentioned in your thread, rear sets and upper back detail in general would really change the look there. Might even be as simple as a posture change so you hold your shoulders back more.
Thanks, I started incorporating more rear felt yesterday after it was brought up. Two days and back so I'll be trying to improve the upper thickness.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hmm thats for that! Ive actually always thought i had small shoulders in comparison but its something ive obsessed over. I do need to more upper chest work and am adding Incline Bb and OHP back into the routine.

Totally agree with this TheMovement. Your taper is so crazy that it almost makes it hard to keep everything proportional ha.

Heavy chest and definitely some traps. You're so wide up top that it's gonna be hard to get those traps to pop especially from the front.

You pop some abs on that v though and you'll be magazine ready in no time
Ive done alot of carry type movements to keep them okish but I have never focused on them but def see what your saying. Will start making more of a focus on them. The abs are so going to happen! Finally!

Thanks for the insight fellas!

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards

Most of these about a month old, and the angle/lighting is in my favor on some, but who DOESN'T make sure they get their good side and try to perfect the lighting?

I'll try and follow up with some side leg shots (which are already are terribly weak, really no noticeable separation) and some with calves in them too.

I don't have too much "honest" input. Wife is going to say I look good/bigger no matter what and my brothers think I'm the next Steve Cook...so yeah. Let me hear it all, the good, bad, and the ugly! Great idea of a thread by the way.

EDIT: Goal is size/strength. Lowering BF% is always a secondary goal, but not my main concern at the moment. Estimated BF @ 12-ish percent, never had an accurate reading. Been holding steady @ 205-207 for a bit now. Would EVENTUALLY like to compete.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
When posting pics let us know what your goal is or what your looking or have been working towards. I suck at judging others but I cant tell who is at what BF% and if mass gain is the goal or cutting is the goal.

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Back width is definitely a need. You have a similar shape to me with fairly round muscles but length/width is a tough one. It would make you look so much bigger too.

Hard to tell thickness with the shirt tho.

From the front, same as me, chest could use some mass. I hold all my fat right at my nipples too so it always looks like I have no roundness and your pic looks very similar.
You're definitely right , I've tried every "build a wider back" workout on the Internet it just dosnt come for me and the worst part is I love to hit back I look forward to back day more then some people hope for chest day , thickness comes and goes and let me point out heavy tbar rows is definitely top 5 favorite exercises for me , as far as goals , always looking to add mass and get wider up top I suffer from a long legs short torso problem . I know if I could get my back wider and thicker my overall physic would be 100% better . Chest suffers from similar problems to back I've tried everything for it but it just dosnt get the right shape
Edit:
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1462034370.581678.jpg

Another chest shot

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
View attachment 134924

Rear delts and lats looking solid, my dude! I'm sure with your cut coming up your erectors will come in a little better and you'll have that coveted Christmas tree look going on.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
You're definitely right , I've tried every "build a wider back" workout on the Internet it just dosnt come for me and the worst part is I love to hit back I look forward to back day more then some people hope for chest day , thickness comes and goes and let me point out heavy tbar rows is definitely top 5 favorite exercises for me , as far as goals , always looking to add mass and get wider up top I suffer from a long legs short torso problem . I know if I could get my back wider and thicker my overall physic would be 100% better . Chest suffers from similar problems to back I've tried everything for it but it just dosnt get the right shape
I've found that keeping back training simple helped me a lot when it comes to widening. I still have an issue with building thickness, but I've gotten considerably wider in about a year and a half. Chins/Pull-up variations, Pulldowns of all styles, especially with a bar that lets you use a wider but still neutral grip, and straight arm Pulldowns on a cable pulley machine. I tend to use reps/sets where I keep things @ 8 or more reps when it comes to those movements, but it took some time toying with different movements and just being able to feel my lats firing where I wanted them to.

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
Love the thread idea. Here's some pics I took a couple weeks ago. Currently trying to just to get a little leaner for the summer. What do you guys think?
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1462034606.844668.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1462034621.918435.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1462034640.181271.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1462034655.599213.jpg

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So here's my collage, let me know if there would be a better angle or something to help. No problem with being as harsh or blunt as possible. Each collage has a flexed and relaxed for reference.
It's been a long time since I had an objective eye:

View attachment 134937 front

View attachment 134938 side

View attachment 134939 back
Try incorporating more decline bench (DBs or bar) it will help define your lower chest. This will make your front really pop. Look good man!

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards

Alright here we go... Didn't show a lot of leg because I know they need a lot of work. They are very stubborn. Let me know what else I should add some focus to!
Lately I've been just trying to add some mass, now that I'm in PCT I am just trying to hold onto everything I've got.

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
I've found that keeping back training simple helped me a lot when it comes to widening. I still have an issue with building thickness, but I've gotten considerably wider in about a year and a half. Chins/Pull-up variations, Pulldowns of all styles, especially with a bar that lets you use a wider but still neutral grip, and straight arm Pulldowns on a cable pulley machine. I tend to use reps/sets where I keep things @ 8 or more reps when it comes to those movements, but it took some time toying with different movements and just being able to feel my lats firing where I wanted them to.
The funny thing is I do every type of pull down you can think of I switch every 4 workouts from one to the next and always do straight arm , just a genetic disposition I guess I just gotta keep working at it I'll post up better picture here
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1462041333.838016.jpg

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
When posting pics let us know what your goal is or what your looking or have been working towards. I suck at judging others but I cant tell who is at what BF% and if mass gain is the goal or cutting is the goal.
Good point. I just posted whatever pics I had saved on my phone. I should take the time to take some with different angles and look for advice on things I would like to work on and goals, etc.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Try incorporating more decline bench (DBs or bar) it will help define your lower chest. This will make your front really pop. Look good man!
Disagree, decline bench press has been proven to be pretty much useless for this goal. Wide dips will target the lower pec area much more effectively and in a more natural motion for your joints, and the muscles involved.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Looking good man, only thing I would really point out is maybe work on your chest.
Thanks guys. Chest has always been one of my weakest points (both physically and physique wise). Pressing has always been weak for me. I do a ton of decline hammer strength presses as that's the exercise I feel some of the best squeeze. My issue has always been getting the chest truly engaged and not just using shoulders and tri's a lot to help. I'll have to give decline bench more work. Anything else you guys suggest for mass?

Goals for me are really just overall leanness and mass. I don't care about getting huge if it means I'll be a marshmallow so lean is the key for me.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Alright here we go... Didn't show a lot of leg because I know they need a lot of work. They are very stubborn. Let me know what else I should add some focus to!
Lately I've been just trying to add some mass, now that I'm in PCT I am just trying to hold onto everything I've got.
Chest is def your strong point. I would hit those arms a ton. Shoulders bi and tri.

Overall mass will look great as you're pretty lean too. Details are there but sheer size is what you need to really fill out.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Thanks guys. Chest has always been one of my weakest points (both physically and physique wise). Pressing has always been weak for me. I do a ton of decline hammer strength presses as that's the exercise I feel some of the best squeeze. My issue has always been getting the chest truly engaged and not just using shoulders and tri's a lot to help. I'll have to give decline bench more work. Anything else you guys suggest for mass?

Goals for me are really just overall leanness and mass. I don't care about getting huge if it means I'll be a marshmallow so lean is the key for me.
Honestly if you were going to do only one thing for lower pecs I would tell you to do dips and don't waste your time with decline bench movements. DEFINITELY not barbell, decline is a little better and I like the hammer strength machines too. But dips take the crown.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
booneman77
How often do you do wide grip bench? IMO wide grip flat bench works better than decline does. Go wider on your grip and it forces your pecs to engage and makes it harder to recruit the lats and tris in to dominate the press.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Disagree, decline bench press has been proven to be pretty much useless for this goal. Wide dips will target the lower pec area much more effectively and in a more natural motion for your joints, and the muscles involved.
Hmm with my shoulder having had lots of issues over the years I don't know if I'd be able to do these. I can do them narrower but as soon as my shoulders get strained I end up injured.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The funny thing is I do every type of pull down you can think of I switch every 4 workouts from one to the next and always do straight arm , just a genetic disposition I guess I just gotta keep working at it I'll post up better picture here View attachment 134960
Wide grip bent over rows and wide deads have helped me in width. Not a strong point for me at all but improving.

I also like using the smith and doing a wide row then right into a dead and repeat that. Brutal superset

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Chest is def your strong point. I would hit those arms a ton. Shoulders bi and tri.

Overall mass will look great as you're pretty lean too. Details are there but sheer size is what you need to really fill out.
I definitely agree. Although it's funny because I'm known for having big arms lol, but I do always want bigger. Shoulders I agree on as well, my narrow clavicles don't help me at all in looking broad up top.
Mass is my goal for pretty much the entire next year.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I definitely agree. Although it's funny because I'm known for having big arms lol, but I do always want bigger. Shoulders I agree on as well, my narrow clavicles don't help me at all in looking broad up top.
Mass is my goal for pretty much the entire next year.
I keep hearing about how big my arms are.... But to me they look like my weak point lol i don't get it

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You're actually well proportioned. The only thing I would recommend is adding a little more size to chest and abs.
Thanks man. And yes I def need to start working abs again. They're totally flat and have no depth as it's literally been a year or more since I did more than a couple sets ha.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You got some sick traps there to cap off the back bro. Nice.
Haha I'm VERY trap dominant. Never done one set of a dedicated trap exercise like a shrug my whole life. Biceps and traps I never work.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Haha I'm VERY trap dominant. Never done one set of a dedicated trap exercise like a shrug my whole life. Biceps and traps I never work.
I never work traps either but i got a pretty nice set there. Its nice lol

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Actually, decline bench is easier on your joints then dips. Wide dips would be perfect for the "lower" portion of the chest. Since there is no true lower muscle of the chest many feel there is no need for decline bench. I do agree that it's not something absolutely needed in chest development (flat and incline are) , but with that said I definitely adds definition to the lower chest. That definition in the lower chest will make the chest pop or look a little bigger IMO. In the end flat bench would be the best in chest development, but since I know he does that and that is why I recommended adding in some decline work just to hit the chest at another angle.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That just makes me mad! You have great traps and never have to work them. I train mine twice a week and have very little to show for it lol

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Actually, decline bench is easier on your joints then dips. Wide dips would be perfect for the "lower" portion of the chest. Since there is no true lower muscle of the chest many feel there is no need for decline bench. I do agree that it's not something absolutely needed in chest development (flat and incline are) , but with that said I definitely adds definition to the lower chest. That definition in the lower chest will make the chest pop or look a little bigger IMO. In the end flat bench would be the best in chest development, but since I know he does that and that is why I recommended adding in some decline work just to hit the chest at another angle.
Yeah I misspoke when I mentioned easier on the joints, but dips are a much more natural kinetic motion for the muscles you're using. I personally don't do decline bench unless it's a hammer strength machine. I don't feel a whole lot of anything in my chest when I do DB or BB decline press.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man. And yes I def need to start working abs again. They're totally flat and have no depth as it's literally been a year or more since I did more than a couple sets ha.
I have very big and blocky abs. So much so that even when I'm fatter(like I am right now lol) they show. And I never do ab specific work. I find that lifts that cause you to create/use more internal pressure (there is a actually scientific name but idk what it is) will create the best abs. So essentially your Olympic lifts especially power clean and deadlift. Although most people don't have accesses to poper equipment to clean or don't want to, which is totally understandable.

Got love traps!!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That just makes me mad! You have great traps and never have to work them. I train mine twice a week and have very little to show for it lol
I think most people have at least one area that's just a genetic gift ha. Wish mine was something girls appreciated more (like abs ha). No girl has ever said "oh my! Look at his trappppsss" haha