The AM community physique critique thread

Page 2 of 23 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1agreda View Post
    You're definitely right , I've tried every "build a wider back" workout on the Internet it just dosnt come for me and the worst part is I love to hit back I look forward to back day more then some people hope for chest day , thickness comes and goes and let me point out heavy tbar rows is definitely top 5 favorite exercises for me , as far as goals , always looking to add mass and get wider up top I suffer from a long legs short torso problem . I know if I could get my back wider and thicker my overall physic would be 100% better . Chest suffers from similar problems to back I've tried everything for it but it just dosnt get the right shape
    I've found that keeping back training simple helped me a lot when it comes to widening. I still have an issue with building thickness, but I've gotten considerably wider in about a year and a half. Chins/Pull-up variations, Pulldowns of all styles, especially with a bar that lets you use a wider but still neutral grip, and straight arm Pulldowns on a cable pulley machine. I tend to use reps/sets where I keep things @ 8 or more reps when it comes to those movements, but it took some time toying with different movements and just being able to feel my lats firing where I wanted them to.

2. Love the thread idea. Here's some pics I took a couple weeks ago. Currently trying to just to get a little leaner for the summer. What do you guys think?
    Name:  ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1462034606.844668.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  186.3 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1462034621.918435.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  199.1 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1462034640.181271.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  147.0 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1462034655.599213.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  163.8 KB
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    So here's my collage, let me know if there would be a better angle or something to help. No problem with being as harsh or blunt as possible. Each collage has a flexed and relaxed for reference.
    It's been a long time since I had an objective eye:

Attachment 134937 front

Attachment 134938 side

Attachment 134939 back
    Try incorporating more decline bench (DBs or bar) it will help define your lower chest. This will make your front really pop. Look good man!

4. Alright here we go... Didn't show a lot of leg because I know they need a lot of work. They are very stubborn. Let me know what else I should add some focus to!
    Lately I've been just trying to add some mass, now that I'm in PCT I am just trying to hold onto everything I've got.
    Training & everything else log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/275307-bam-bam-goes-30.html

5. Quote Originally Posted by sparks2012 View Post
    I've found that keeping back training simple helped me a lot when it comes to widening. I still have an issue with building thickness, but I've gotten considerably wider in about a year and a half. Chins/Pull-up variations, Pulldowns of all styles, especially with a bar that lets you use a wider but still neutral grip, and straight arm Pulldowns on a cable pulley machine. I tend to use reps/sets where I keep things @ 8 or more reps when it comes to those movements, but it took some time toying with different movements and just being able to feel my lats firing where I wanted them to.
    The funny thing is I do every type of pull down you can think of I switch every 4 workouts from one to the next and always do straight arm , just a genetic disposition I guess I just gotta keep working at it I'll post up better picture here Name:  ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1462041333.838016.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  305.8 KB
    Alpha20 - Chaos and Pain 20% off your order today.
    PM with any questions bros!
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by TheMovement View Post
    When posting pics let us know what your goal is or what your looking or have been working towards. I suck at judging others but I cant tell who is at what BF% and if mass gain is the goal or cutting is the goal.
    Good point. I just posted whatever pics I had saved on my phone. I should take the time to take some with different angles and look for advice on things I would like to work on and goals, etc.

7. Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    Try incorporating more decline bench (DBs or bar) it will help define your lower chest. This will make your front really pop. Look good man!
    Disagree, decline bench press has been proven to be pretty much useless for this goal. Wide dips will target the lower pec area much more effectively and in a more natural motion for your joints, and the muscles involved.
    Training & everything else log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/275307-bam-bam-goes-30.html

8. Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BamBam0319 View Post
    Looking good man, only thing I would really point out is maybe work on your chest.
    Thanks guys. Chest has always been one of my weakest points (both physically and physique wise). Pressing has always been weak for me. I do a ton of decline hammer strength presses as that's the exercise I feel some of the best squeeze. My issue has always been getting the chest truly engaged and not just using shoulders and tri's a lot to help. I'll have to give decline bench more work. Anything else you guys suggest for mass?

Goals for me are really just overall leanness and mass. I don't care about getting huge if it means I'll be a marshmallow so lean is the key for me.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

9. Quote Originally Posted by BamBam0319 View Post

Alright here we go... Didn't show a lot of leg because I know they need a lot of work. They are very stubborn. Let me know what else I should add some focus to!
    Lately I've been just trying to add some mass, now that I'm in PCT I am just trying to hold onto everything I've got.
    Chest is def your strong point. I would hit those arms a ton. Shoulders bi and tri.

Overall mass will look great as you're pretty lean too. Details are there but sheer size is what you need to really fill out.

10. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Thanks guys. Chest has always been one of my weakest points (both physically and physique wise). Pressing has always been weak for me. I do a ton of decline hammer strength presses as that's the exercise I feel some of the best squeeze. My issue has always been getting the chest truly engaged and not just using shoulders and tri's a lot to help. I'll have to give decline bench more work. Anything else you guys suggest for mass?

Goals for me are really just overall leanness and mass. I don't care about getting huge if it means I'll be a marshmallow so lean is the key for me.
    Honestly if you were going to do only one thing for lower pecs I would tell you to do dips and don't waste your time with decline bench movements. DEFINITELY not barbell, decline is a little better and I like the hammer strength machines too. But dips take the crown.

11. @booneman77
    How often do you do wide grip bench? IMO wide grip flat bench works better than decline does. Go wider on your grip and it forces your pecs to engage and makes it harder to recruit the lats and tris in to dominate the press.

12. Quote Originally Posted by BamBam0319 View Post
    Disagree, decline bench press has been proven to be pretty much useless for this goal. Wide dips will target the lower pec area much more effectively and in a more natural motion for your joints, and the muscles involved.
    Hmm with my shoulder having had lots of issues over the years I don't know if I'd be able to do these. I can do them narrower but as soon as my shoulders get strained I end up injured.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1agreda View Post
    The funny thing is I do every type of pull down you can think of I switch every 4 workouts from one to the next and always do straight arm , just a genetic disposition I guess I just gotta keep working at it I'll post up better picture here Name:  ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1462041333.838016.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  305.8 KB
    Wide grip bent over rows and wide deads have helped me in width. Not a strong point for me at all but improving.

I also like using the smith and doing a wide row then right into a dead and repeat that. Brutal superset

14. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Chest is def your strong point. I would hit those arms a ton. Shoulders bi and tri.

Overall mass will look great as you're pretty lean too. Details are there but sheer size is what you need to really fill out.
    I definitely agree. Although it's funny because I'm known for having big arms lol, but I do always want bigger. Shoulders I agree on as well, my narrow clavicles don't help me at all in looking broad up top.
    Mass is my goal for pretty much the entire next year.

15. Quote Originally Posted by BamBam0319 View Post
    I definitely agree. Although it's funny because I'm known for having big arms lol, but I do always want bigger. Shoulders I agree on as well, my narrow clavicles don't help me at all in looking broad up top.
    Mass is my goal for pretty much the entire next year.
    I keep hearing about how big my arms are.... But to me they look like my weak point lol i don't get it

16. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    So here's my collage, let me know if there would be a better angle or something to help. No problem with being as harsh or blunt as possible. Each collage has a flexed and relaxed for reference.

Attachment 134937 front

Attachment 134938 side

Attachment 134939 back
    You're actually well proportioned. The only thing I would recommend is adding a little more size to chest and abs.

17. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    You're actually well proportioned. The only thing I would recommend is adding a little more size to chest and abs.
    Thanks man. And yes I def need to start working abs again. They're totally flat and have no depth as it's literally been a year or more since I did more than a couple sets ha.

18. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post

Attachment 134937 front

Attachment 134938 side

Attachment 134939 back
    You got some sick traps there to cap off the back bro. Nice.

19. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post
    You got some sick traps there to cap off the back bro. Nice.
    Haha I'm VERY trap dominant. Never done one set of a dedicated trap exercise like a shrug my whole life. Biceps and traps I never work.

20. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Haha I'm VERY trap dominant. Never done one set of a dedicated trap exercise like a shrug my whole life. Biceps and traps I never work.
    I never work traps either but i got a pretty nice set there. Its nice lol

21. Quote Originally Posted by BamBam0319 View Post
    Actually, decline bench is easier on your joints then dips. Wide dips would be perfect for the "lower" portion of the chest. Since there is no true lower muscle of the chest many feel there is no need for decline bench. I do agree that it's not something absolutely needed in chest development (flat and incline are) , but with that said I definitely adds definition to the lower chest. That definition in the lower chest will make the chest pop or look a little bigger IMO. In the end flat bench would be the best in chest development, but since I know he does that and that is why I recommended adding in some decline work just to hit the chest at another angle.

22. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    That just makes me mad! You have great traps and never have to work them. I train mine twice a week and have very little to show for it lol

23. Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    Actually, decline bench is easier on your joints then dips. Wide dips would be perfect for the "lower" portion of the chest. Since there is no true lower muscle of the chest many feel there is no need for decline bench. I do agree that it's not something absolutely needed in chest development (flat and incline are) , but with that said I definitely adds definition to the lower chest. That definition in the lower chest will make the chest pop or look a little bigger IMO. In the end flat bench would be the best in chest development, but since I know he does that and that is why I recommended adding in some decline work just to hit the chest at another angle.
    Yeah I misspoke when I mentioned easier on the joints, but dips are a much more natural kinetic motion for the muscles you're using. I personally don't do decline bench unless it's a hammer strength machine. I don't feel a whole lot of anything in my chest when I do DB or BB decline press.

24. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Thanks man. And yes I def need to start working abs again. They're totally flat and have no depth as it's literally been a year or more since I did more than a couple sets ha.
    I have very big and blocky abs. So much so that even when I'm fatter(like I am right now lol) they show. And I never do ab specific work. I find that lifts that cause you to create/use more internal pressure (there is a actually scientific name but idk what it is) will create the best abs. So essentially your Olympic lifts especially power clean and deadlift. Although most people don't have accesses to poper equipment to clean or don't want to, which is totally understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Got love traps!!

25. Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    That just makes me mad! You have great traps and never have to work them. I train mine twice a week and have very little to show for it lol
    I think most people have at least one area that's just a genetic gift ha. Wish mine was something girls appreciated more (like abs ha). No girl has ever said "oh my! Look at his trappppsss" haha
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Idea for the AM Community..
    By Sean1332 in forum Forum Suggestions and News
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-11-2014, 01:48 PM
  2. Replies: 163
    Last Post: 05-08-2009, 05:19 PM
  3. The Am I crazy --PGCL thread
    By skull in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-31-2007, 12:02 AM