6ft8 293 pounds

6ft8monster

Awards
goal is 320... doing a little lean mass right now....

my best bench is 405.. squat is 315 for 5 reps

Attachments

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
um.....never mind

Last edited:
natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Tall ass mofo. Not to be stereotypical, but do you ball? I'm sure your size would be to your advantage.

size

Awards
  • Established
Looking solid. It looks like you head is getting ready to hit the ceiling.

James007

Banned
Awards
Bench 405.. Squat 315 for 5..

Does anyone else see a problem here?

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
Definitely room for improvement, but dont forget hes got a ways further to travel than most cats.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well he needs to work on the weels. but come on, the dude is one big mofo, welcome to AM!

Forster

Forster

Board Supporter
Awards
6ft8 293 pounds Wish i could say that.

I would love to be that tall. :sad:

Welcome to AM

Tad50

Awards
Definitely room for improvement, but dont forget hes got a ways further to travel than most cats.
Thank you for realizing that. I'm 6'6'' and my bench/squat is not my strong point....i have long arms/legs....:frustrate

tattoopierced1

us tall guys have alot more ways to travel than shorter people...plus, I dont care who says it, but doing squats is alot different form for taller guys. I'm 6'7" and unless I do really wide stance squats, it is almost impossible for me to get correct form...

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
lol.. there are some of us shorter guys that have to do the wide stance also..

6ft8monster

Awards
man ill tell you.... it is a lot different when you have a long way to go.... on most of my other leg exercises i do go heavy... like leg presses i am at 700-800 lbs.... the squat is a hard one cause i am trying to keep my form correct.. as opposed to putting on a ton of weight and sacrificing it... it is way hard for tall cats to keep our form... I AM NOT TRYING TO BLOW OUT MY BACK!! having said that even on my bench press that is still a long way to go down and up... but.. i am not one too complain i just keep pumping... still not too many dudes in my gym putting up that kind of weight... too put it all in perspective.. shrink my mass onto a 5 ft 9 frame.... that would be ugly... but i am 6ft8 so i gotta keep working.. thanks for the words though... and the wheels are coming along....

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
When it comes to bodybuilding... being tall is definitely no advantage.

Actually. It fucking sucks!

lol

PastorofMuppets

Awards
You reach your goals and you are pro wrestler material.

6ft8monster

Awards
hey that would be an option.. id fued with jon cena ... lol

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
FEE... FIE... FO... FUM... :lol:

Damm you're a big one... Welcome!! :wave:

Grifter

Board Supporter
Awards
Yeah, Im 6'1''. Not that tall, but squats are def my weak point, since i have longer legs. But i could care less, i wouldnt trade my height for anything.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Oddly enough, I find squating much easier than benching. Always have.

Granted, once you get past a certain weight it all becomes difficult but by in large... squats are easier for me.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Im 6'1''. Not that tall, but squats are def my weak point, since i have longer legs. But i could care less, i wouldnt trade my height for anything.
Same here.

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
at 6-3 i feel the pain. oh well, just remember women find taller men more attractive

:cheers:

supercrunch

supercrunch

Awards
at 6-3 i feel the pain. oh well, just remember women find taller men more attractive

:cheers:

lol well I don't know about all that....I am 5'7" and hung like a field mouse on a cold day....but for some reason women LOVE ME! I don't know maybe its a pity thing, but I am not complaining, lol

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Nahh I dont' see anything wrong with it. Some people are just better at benching than squatting. Even some powerlifters bench is close to or the same as their squat.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Dead is probably the hardest exercise for me (6'3"), I have really long thighs so it is hard to keep the back straight in the lower part of the movement.

And good job for concentrating on form ;)

jeep69

Awards
man ill tell you.... it is a lot different when you have a long way to go.... on most of my other leg exercises i do go heavy... like leg presses i am at 700-800 lbs.... the squat is a hard one cause i am trying to keep my form correct.. as opposed to putting on a ton of weight and sacrificing it... it is way hard for tall cats to keep our form... I AM NOT TRYING TO BLOW OUT MY BACK!! having said that even on my bench press that is still a long way to go down and up... but.. i am not one too complain i just keep pumping... still not too many dudes in my gym putting up that kind of weight... too put it all in perspective.. shrink my mass onto a 5 ft 9 frame.... that would be ugly... but i am 6ft8 so i gotta keep working.. thanks for the words though... and the wheels are coming along....
hey bro- do youdo dips or deadlifts???

I am tall as well, 6'4, and I love dips and deadlifts- us taller guys can do better on those than the squat and bench, at least I can.

ralyks

Awards
6'2, my squat is far better than my bench or deadlift.

Nabeshin

Nabeshin

Awards
  • Established
lol well I don't know about all that....I am 5'7" and hung like a field mouse on a cold day....but for some reason women LOVE ME! I don't know maybe its a pity thing, but I am not complaining, lol
That is going in my quote file! :rofl:

You, my friend, are my hero.:box:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established

I see the problem....james007 is being a smartass...AGAIN :p :rofl:

Anyway, I'd like to ask if he does/has worked out squats as hard as bench b/c at 6'8" i'm sure's tough (IF he's all legs). However, there are some pretty damn big/tall PLers with huge squats....

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
im 6ft3 my dead is stronger than my bench or squat(parrell)

in arnold book he advised front squats for taller people. there workign for me and ive boticed a great improvement in the outer sweep of my thighs since ive been doing them.

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
With regards to the squat, think about it this way:

a 5'10 180lb guy could have maybe a 200 bench and 250squat. However you need to add ~150lbs to the squat weight to account for the bodyweight he has to lift= 400lbs.

With the 6'8 300lb guy who has a 400 bench and 315squat you need to consider the extra ~250lbs he needs to lift when he squats, leaving a total mass of 565lbs.

Add that to the fact he has a ROM about 6" longer than most guys and thats why his squat is lower.

James007

Banned
Awards
His arms are also longer, retardo boy. Get your gay ass picture off this board and stop embarassing yourself. What the **** do any of your statistics have anything to do with benching more than you squat?

Please go crawl into a hole and don't come back.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
It's the appendage ratio's (in length) that make a difference. It just so happens that most tall people tend to have unproportionately long arms and legs....

James007

Banned
Awards
I'm 6'3 and I also second that motion. Anyone who tries to play the "i'm tall i can't squat" bullshit will be called out. You can squat, you just don't want to, lazy ****.

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
His arms are also longer, retardo boy. Get your gay ass picture off this board and stop embarassing yourself. What the **** do any of your statistics have anything to do with benching more than you squat?

Yeah, but he doesnt have to push an extra 200lbs bodyweight when he benches.

And I do not appreciate the rest of your post. If you have a problem with me fine, but at least PM me and let me know why.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

I agree with what you are saying but damn, you are harsh. :icon_lol:

Dont knock the guys pics man, he is trying.. We can't all be Ronnie..

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but he doesnt have to push an extra 200lbs bodyweight when he benches.

And I do not appreciate the rest of your post. If you have a problem with me fine, but at least PM me and let me know why.
He can't PM...you just have to deal with him like the rest of us do :D hahahaa

But, i agree with his point.