Can I get a Bodyfat estimate?

Ott

Awards
image.jpg
I'm 17 years old. 215 pounds and 6'0".
An estimate would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I'd probably say around 18-20% this for me is a hard one to judge, anything over about 13 I find difficult to pin point. Someone else may give you a better opinion.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
25-30% but this is not a problem. Eat clean, train hard but intelligently, and at your age you should get body fat down quiet easily.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
25-30% but this is not a problem. Eat clean, train hard but intelligently, and at your age you should get body fat down quiet easily.
I was way off! Like I said anything above 13 I'm not great at guessing.

Ott

Awards
Wow, that was a lot more than I was hoping for!

Ott

Awards
Are there any tips for me to get rid of this fat quick?
And any ideas to how much weight I'd have to lose to be around my goal of 15% bodyfat?

allbrawn

allbrawn

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are there any tips for me to get rid of this fat quick? And any ideas to how much weight I'd have to lose to be around my goal of 15% bodyfat?
I'd say 195 if you want to be 15%.
Just go keto for 14 days and you'll drop 10-14lbs.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Here's how you check body fat: stand naked in front of the mirror, jump as high as you can and when you land, hit the timer on your clock and see how long it takes for the fat to stop jiggling.

allbrawn

allbrawn

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is keto?
No carbs at all. I don't even do fruits or veggies. Just make sure to take a fiber supplement or else you'll have some problems.
It's probably the toughest diet out there but I've never seen faster results from any other diet.
Whatever you do just remember to stick to it and that your diet will predict your results. Goodluck man

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like about 25 to 30%. Here is a chart that might help:
image-3039809402.jpg

Ott

Awards
No carbs at all. I don't even do fruits or veggies. Just make sure to take a fiber supplement or else you'll have some problems.
It's probably the toughest diet out there but I've never seen faster results from any other diet.
Whatever you do just remember to stick to it and that your diet will predict your results. Goodluck man
Thanks man! I'll try it out and see how it works for me.

When you say no carbs, you just mean things like wheat, grain, oatmeal, etc?

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Have you tried using body fat calipers? They are not very expensive and pretty easy to use.

allbrawn

allbrawn

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks man! I'll try it out and see how it works for me. When you say no carbs, you just mean things like wheat, grain, oatmeal, etc?
Count everything and stay roughly under 30g a day. Even small things like gum, you have to include.
I use ketostix to make sure I'm in ketosis. Takes me a little over a day to start using ketones as my main energy source.

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
Definitely 25-30? Whatever you do, try not to think "drop fat quickly". Make mini goals and hit them!! Everyone wants the quick fix and they are the ones the quickly quit?. Good luck..

Ott

Awards
Definitely 25-30? Whatever you do, try not to think "drop fat quickly". Make mini goals and hit them!! Everyone wants the quick fix and they are the ones the quickly quit?. Good luck..
That's true

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bell1986 Weight Loss 25
Nutrition / Health 3
Anabolics 29
redman24 Pics 30
Pics 13