8 Months of drug-free work...

captain chet

Awards
Im a really hard gainer...its damn near impossible for me to gain mass and its killing me. I run track at college so its a bitch to gain weight with all the sprinting and cardio but i think i have had a big improvement. To me i dont seem to have grown but everyone else things i was way skinnier last year. Any tips on what else i could do to gain? Let me know what you think of my progress.

The first 4 are from may/june when i started my hard training. i know it may not be a lot to you guys who are 6'0'' 240 and fcuking huge, but it took me months to gain the weight and strength i did. im 6'1.5'' 176 as of today, feb 23. Thanks for looking and please give me comments on what i should work more. I didnt put any picture of my legs up because i pulled my hamstring so i havent been doing legs for 2 months and they are crap.

-Note: the pictures are messed up. i wanted to add more after editing them and it wont let me do so.

Attachments

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey bro your doing good! If you want to gain weight faster its as simple as writing down your calories every day for 2 weeks. If you don't gain weight then up the calories by 500 and keep doing that until your putting on muscle. Also make sure your getting 1.5 grams of protein per lbs of bodyweight.

captain chet

Awards
wow, thanks for the quick reply. I have been doing the protien shakes every day, i try to do 2 a day, 1 in the am and 1 post workout but thats getting epensive as im a college student. I just ordered milk muscle and some Creatine ethyl ester so im gonna give those a whirl for a while. see how that works. Any weight gaining products you or anyone else reccomends?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
great progress for 8 months! i would still stay clear from AAS for a while longer ... just keep eating everything in sight and log it like jstrong said try to get most of your protein from whole food ... canned chicken and tuna are cheap and 30 grams of protein a pop ... try to get in at least 300g of protein and 300g of carbs (shoot for mainly complex carbs) a day and don't worry about fat .. i doubt you'll put on much body fat anyway
you will grow as long as you aren't overtraining good luck man

tattoopierced1

good job man. Like everyone said, keep eating and you'll get to where you want soon enough...you've made huge gains IMO so far so keep it up..

TheManGuy

Awards
  • Established
You shouldn't complain I'd kill to always have ripped abs!

Good progress, your posing also improved alot.

Make sure you eat lots of carbs with protein on track training days or you'll lose muscle.
I'd reccoment meal replacements with about a 2/1 ration of carbs to protein.(mass gainers.)

Drink that before , and after you run and also in between while you rest.

If your struggeling with picking up weight, do the following. Add olive oil or cream to you protein shakes during the day.

This adds tons of calories and makes it very easy to get enough food in.(don't mix thes with carbs though.)

Like jstrong said, monitor your calories and if it's not enough eat more. When you eat, eat as much clean food as you can. Stuff your face with good food 3-4 times a day plus shakes and you will gain if your training is in place.

Last of all, don't mix carbs and fat. Eat carb/protein menals and fat/protein meals.

That means protein with every meal and try for 4-5 carb/pro meals and 2 pro/fat meals since your obviously an ectomotph.

Don't even think of juicing till your atlease 200lbs b.t.w. ( you might never need to)

Last of all, train your leggs hard!!! You will not get a big upperbody with small legs naturally.

Pirate

Awards
Lookin good man, keep workin youre getting there...

-Pirate

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Great progress bro. I would follow what everyone says and just EAT and train no more then three days a week. Just pack in the food. If someone asks "Hey I am making a run to McDonalds." You say....I want three quarter pounders and a big mac, no fries please!!

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

Great work bro....I have honestly seen people do heavy PH/PS cycles and they made similar gains if anything less than what you have naturally. Listen to what everyone here has said and you will get to where you want to be and stay away from the juice, and I aint talking Tropicana here. Look at what Layne and Derek have achieved naturally and use them as motivation as I am sure many here may start to do, including those using chemical supps! If I was you I would focus on basic power movements like DL, Squats, and benching while also focusing on your lats and shoulders as you wanna increase your Vtaper!

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Looking good man, you've obviously put some mass on, and you're still ripped - so don't be shy with the clean cals!

captain chet

Awards
Thanks for all of the kind words and suggestions. I just grabbed some Milk Muscle and CEE from NutraPlanet (great to deal with by the way.) Ive been doing the whole protien shake thing daily but i am probablygoing to bump it up to twice a day. Also, im going to start to workout less. Ive been working out 5 days a week (mon-fri) and ill try to cut down and work more parts per workout. I have been eating a lot more steak tips and chicken as well but i do love my fried foods. Ill try to shy away from fries and other junkfoods. If that doesnt work, then i guess im just destined to be a skinny bastard forever.

tattoopierced1

You could always enlist the help of Bobo and order his Deluxe Muscle building program...

for

Awards
hi.

i wouldnt rely too heavily on shakes etc. but it is good to use one post-workout as it absorbs fast.. dont include fats postworkout. what you can do is the night before you prepare the next days meals... so you cook up some chicken, beef etc. then the next day all your food is ready.. dont worry about getting fat, .. and make sure you're eating enough good fats.eat every 2 hours if you can, and drink water all day long .. lots of it. dont forget squats.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Less day and less sets bro. And if I had your build i would be chugging down three-four shakes a day.

captain chet

Awards
I just started doing 3 day a week workouts. Chest and Tri's Monday, Legs and Shoulders Wednesday, and Back and Biceps on Friday, doing abs each of these lifting days. Im not doing any cardio because track season is over for the next 3 weeks so im just gonna eat as much as i can and gain as much good and bad weight as i can. I know imgonna be losing it once spring season starts. Been drinking a ton of water too, lots of steak tips and chicken breast and pasta. Hopefully lifting less will help me grow. Thanks for all the advice and keep it coming.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
As for the protein issue its not that expensive if you get protein like Optimum Nutrition. I mean hell its 155 servings for 50 bucks shipped. 10 lbs of it. cant beat that. and as these guys are saying i can attest to the fact that its all about how much you eat being an ecto. cee is great stuff too as someone mentioned about especially with not losing muscle on track days.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Great progress my friend! Keep up the good drug-free work!

TravTriggz

Awards
lookin good, u said ur not gaining alot well alot of that has to do wit genetics, but i mean if ur gettin stronger constantly ur doing fine.

o yea try takin in some protein an hour before u do all that long distance running and sprints, ur probably having alot of problems wit protein breakdowns even if ur body is used to the cardio.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Good work dude! I dont see any fat on ya. As far as weight gain I wouldnt worry about it that will come in time, just keep lifting and eating. You also may want to shoot for 3 whole body workouts a week that may help you gain the mass, look up the HST data here and elsewhere.

captain chet

Awards
Good work dude! I dont see any fat on ya. As far as weight gain I wouldnt worry about it that will come in time, just keep lifting and eating. You also may want to shoot for 3 whole body workouts a week that may help you gain the mass, look up the HST data here and elsewhere.
I checked out the HST workouts and im giving that a go now for the next few weeks. Ill let youknow how it goes, seems to make sense. I checked out http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/hst_index.html and got a great 3 day workout plan.

PS - Just out of curiosity, what would you guys estimate my Body Fat % to be? Ive never had it done.

captain chet

Awards
Just took an updated picture of me. Since my first post i did a short M1T cycle that gave me mono so i abruptly quit that ****. Sucks to be me. Anyways that was Early 2005 and i lost everything from it and then some. So here is some update pictures. Im getting there...186 as of today! How am i doing? Im about to start fall training for track and field and im glad im coming back with some extra weight as its hard for me to gain during the season, i figure the cardio will get me cut down to 175 ish which would be perfect for the long jump

Attachments

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Just took an updated picture of me. Since my first post i did a short M1T cycle that gave me mono so i abruptly quit that ****. Sucks to be me. Anyways that was Early 2005 and i lost everything from it and then some. So here is some update pictures. Im getting there...186 as of today! How am i doing? Im about to start fall training for track and field and im glad im coming back with some extra weight as its hard for me to gain during the season, i figure the cardio will get me cut down to 175 ish which would be perfect for the long jump
Coming along veeeery nicely! :thumbsup:

HOWEVER....there seems to be some abnormal growth on your head..what is that stuff? I'd get it checked out :lol:

captain chet

Awards
Ive gotten all sorts of tests done and it seems to be the dreaded frontal red-dome syndrome. Sort of like in "The Ring" where peoples faces get messed up if they have watched the movie in pictures...7 days...

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Ive gotten all sorts of tests done and it seems to be the dreaded frontal red-dome syndrome. Sort of like in "The Ring" where peoples faces get messed up if they have watched the movie in pictures...7 days...
:blink: I was talking about the hair...

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Great work, traps are coming in nicely.

diminuendo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good work. I have a friend that lifts that mega doses BCAAs while training for triathalons to keep lean mass. Seems to work for him and he has avery similar body type to yours. Screw you ectos and your hard gaining....jk.....Dim

Rhyalus

Rhyalus

Awards
  • Established
I swear by post work out nutrition. Once I improved how I ate, things moved much more quickly.

I always do a BCAA protein drink (I like EAS precision protein punch) post workout, with complex carbs, like a bowl of real oatmeal.

An hour later I have a high protein meal, like chicken or turkey breast, raw veggies and some more complex carbs.

FYI, I also believe in a pre-workout multi vit and a high carb pre workout meal, usually oatmeal and raisins or a banana as an extra treat.

Have fun,
R

captain chet

Awards
IM going to need to order some more protein soon so ill look into getting some BCAA's to add in there once the training starts.

Before the gym, i mix dextrose in water and leave it in the car and pound it right when i get out.

After that i make my shake when i get home. My post workout shake consists of 2 scoops of ON's chocolate mint, 1 cup of oats, 12-16 oz's milk, and a teaspoon of Citrulline malate.

Before bed, if my stomach is up to it i make a concentrated sludge with a bunch of things. Usually its 8-12 oz whole milk, a cup of oats, 2 spoonfuls of natural peanut butter, a hearty scoop of ice cream, and a few tablespoons of olive oil. Pound that down a get to bed.