GLENIHAN's pics

1. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.77%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

GLENIHAN's pics

alright, my bulking has come to an end, as a matter of fact i've pretty much just been maintaining the past 3 weeks, although this last week i lost about 4 pounds due to a really ****ty diet and time constraints ... i'm sitting right about 200, an increase of about 22 pounds from the end of my last cut and about 18 from the pic in my avatar ... no clue on my body fat ... too high for my liking .. but hey i was bulking and double cheeseburgers are good any guesses on my bf %?

anywho, the lighting sucks ... i'm a crappy poser ... i'm pale ... and its the middle of winter so forget about shaving the body hair ... with that said comments are welcomed and encouraged
    i'd appreciate any and all types of feedback/criticism
    Last edited by glenihan; 09-17-2006 at 09:52 PM.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.99%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I would probably put you around 10-14%, but still nice dry gains to be up 22 pounds. Keep up the good work, also tell me what you do to get that mad quad sweep. I used to have it running track and playing football, but have lost it. Squats are helping develop it but the outer isn't growing like that. Anyway keep up the hard work and keep lifting.
  3. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.17%

Look very solid. Good arm development. BF% is not very high, I would not be concerned about it.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.5%

looking good. what ph's/aas, if any, did you use during your bulking phase?
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.84%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I'd say 12% BF...Lookin' pretty thick though. What are your stats???? lifts too, if you don't mind (dead, squat, bench the big 3 are always fun).

BTW, what happened to that pretty shaved look you've got in that avatar of yours LOL...just messin' with ya bro
  6. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.77%

haha pretty shaved look is saved for the summer time lol

5'8 200
    measurements cold
    arms - 17
    chest - 47
    waist - 33.5
    quads - 25
    calves - ....15.5 (i really hope beelzebub doesn't see this...)

dead - 455 2 sets 4-6 reps
    squat - 475 2 sets 10 reps (but i'm moving up to 495 next week!)
    bench - 285 3 sets 4-6 reps

no clue on any of my maxes ... i wish my bench would improve though ... my shoulder is pretty ****ed up from rugby in college which hinders me slightly

during this bulk it was just 1-test and 4-ad, i have a cutting cycle starting the 21st with 500mg test a week for 11 weeks and 20 mg superdrol the first 4, then i will either use SD again at the end or mdht ... and if i decide to do this contest i'll continue on with test susp up until the contest in late june
  7. New Member
    Stats
    4'6"  999 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.49%

Loking killer man. Great job on your last cycle. I agree that your bodyfat is not high right now. best of luck on our cutter

PD
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Schwarzenegger
    The mind always fails first, not the body. The secret is to make your mind work for you, not against you..
    Arnold Schwarzenegger
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.84%

Quote Originally Posted by glenihan

5'8 200
    measurements cold
    arms - 17
    chest - 47
    waist - 33.5
    quads - 25

no clue on any of my maxes ... i wish my bench would improve though ... my shoulder is pretty ****ed up from rugby in college which hinders me slightly

during this bulk it was just 1-test and 4-ad, i have a cutting cycle starting the 21st with 500mg test a week for 11 weeks and 20 mg superdrol the first 4, then i will either use SD again at the end or mdht ... and if i decide to do this contest i'll continue on with test susp up until the contest in late june
    Stats are looking good, bro

The dead and squat numbers are good I don't think most people who don't dead or squat understand how heavy that really is though. LOL. Do you squat ass to grass or just parallel?

Good luck with the next cycle. Keep us informed.
  9. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.77%

no ATG squats for me KILLS my lower back to do that ... i go just ever so slightly abover parallel on the squats
    and thanks

please keep the feedback coming and feel free to critque/offer advice as to what needs improvement thanks
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.84%

no ATG squats for me KILLS my lower back to do that ... i go just ever so slightly abover parallel on the squats....
    Ahhh...the truth comes out--above parallel j/k

You must be leaning too far forward when you drop that low...it shouldn't hurt your lower back. Take a wider stance and try to sit down without leaning too far forward.

I screwed myself up squatting improperly some time back and have hardly touched my legs until very recently. I came back, worked on form, went ATG and my knees feel great and back feels wonderful....only problem is my numbers are so low now. LOL. My numbers would be low regardless, but ATG is just a killer...Drops huge weight off of my lifts. I was ATG'n with like 275 on squats and benching like 295 for reps almost as many reps on bench...that was depressing to say the least. LOL. Okay, the moral of the story is...I dunno....I have a hard time keeping on topic or something.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.69%

5'8 200
    measurements cold
    arms - 17
    chest - 47
    waist - 33.5
    quads - 25

mwahahaha, i love it. good lifting numbers though bro, seriously. that squat puts me to shame, especially for your bodyweight, crazy ****.

and BTW, nice calves.
    i hear the chicken leg look is in this year, so we're set to strut.

edit: actually, after thinking about it, that's only 1.5" difference between your arms and calves. that's nothing to be ashamed of bro. when you catch up to me with an almost 4" difference, look me up.
  12. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.44%

Looking great Glenihan...You doing a show in the near future?
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.66%

5'8 200
    measurements cold
    arms - 17
    chest - 47
    waist - 33.5
    quads - 25

Looking very solid Glen. You and I are built alot alike. You are in better shape and for our numbers to match we would have to subtract a couple of inches here add a few there....you get the idea
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.36%

Good stats man...Im 200 and only am at around 16' arms...I wish I could get the 17 mark...Once you start cutting down, with a tan and good shave you will look awesome I bet, the girls will be lining up for ya probably , lol
  15. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.77%

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    You must be leaning too far forward when you drop that low...it shouldn't hurt your lower back. Take a wider stance and try to sit down without leaning too far forward.
    i do have a wide stance and push off completely from my heels .. the problem is i just have a ****ed up back lol ... something is slightly off kilter with one of my lower vertebrae and when i get down that low the arch my back takes on really kills ... i've tried ATG with just the bar and i can still feel the pressure/pain in the back ... so i stick with parallel and its worked out just fine for me

and thanks everyone ... and yeah i plan on doing a show in June if everything goes according to plan .. it would be my first one and i have a lot to learn about posing and whatnot, but you guys will definitely be kept abreast of any new developments
    ...i'm off to find beelze now to seek my revenge
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.84%

i do have a wide stance and push off completely from my heels .. the problem is i just have a ****ed up back lol ... something is slightly off kilter with one of my lower vertebrae and when i get down that low the arch my back takes on really kills ... i've tried ATG with just the bar and i can still feel the pressure/pain in the back ... so i stick with parallel and its worked out just fine for me .....
    That sucks man....

ATG isn't necessary to get big legs...you're legs look solid anyway. Ever see Markus Ruhl squat? LOL. He's like 5" above parallel. LOL.

I go ATG b/c it's much easier on my knees and so I look like a hardass when I lift weights.....j/k

Good luck on the show! You'll do great! What weight are you planning to compete at?? 180's?
  17. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.56%

I agree on ATF being better for the knees.

I see a lot of people in my gym doing just above parallel because "they have bad knees" and it hurts them to go any further. After I corrected their stance and showed them WHY it was hurting them (just JUST above parallel... all the stress is placed directly on the knee) they no longer complain of knee pain AND their legs are growing more it seems.

I beleive in whatever works for ya though and it's obvious that what you're doing is working.

Looking good Glen. And, sorry to hear about the shoulders issues. I know of what you speak - 12 years of hockey, 8 years of football and 8 of rugger. Takes a toll.
  18. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.77%

i find that as long as i drive through my heels with a wider stance my knees don't hurt at all

i'd probably want to compete around 180-183 @5% ... we'll see how everything goes ... i know i can get down to that bf percentage, and i've never cut with gear before so who know, maybe i'll even gain some muscle and compete at a higher weight

like i said i still have a lot to learn about nutrition from 4 weeks out up until the actual show
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.69%

i'm off to find beelze now to seek my revenge
    i'll be in the standing calf machine.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.84%

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    i'll be in the standing calf machine.
    Okay...I've got to ask...how big are your calves???

You've got me curious now? LOL.
  21. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.12%

WOW!!! and yummy!!!!
  22. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.9%

Look good glenihan, real good thickness and width. Good luck with your upcoming show
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.11%

My computer message board calipers put you at 11.34% () . You definitely look good and thick. Screw cutting for summer, go for monster size.
  24. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%

no ATG squats for me KILLS my lower back to do that ... i go just ever so slightly abover parallel on the squats
    and thanks

please keep the feedback coming and feel free to critque/offer advice as to what needs improvement thanks
    Hey Glenihan, let me preface this by saying I have no experience with BB shows or what they look for but just giving honest feedback.

However I noticed some unique things about your pics. You seem to carry alot of your muscle in your legs and arms which is strange since many guys either have the upper body or the lower. You seem to have the arms and legs.

But the arms and legs look so good that when some other body parts are brought up to equal them you will really be all set.

I would not have thought you just came off a bulk since your body fat level seems pretty low for that. You also seem to have larger arms than your measurment indicates. Your forarms match well in size to your upper arms.

I can't really see the shoulders but it seems the upper arms may be overpowering them, so when you bring the shoulders up a little it will look great. The chest seems a little over powered by the arms also so bringing that up would really go along way to getting the overall look.

You obviously have already done a great job and still alot of potential for even better.

It would help if you could get some more back width perhaps with some wide chins and pull downs. With the size of your arms perhaps they are taking alot of the load when you do back and chest exercises so maybe you would even need to pre-exhaust them but you would know better about this than I.

Like I say this is just the observations of a novice.

CROWLER
  25. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.77%

thanks for the honest feedback crowler, i really do appreciate it a lot

and i agree with you ... chest is also relatively my weakest bodypart strength-wise (my shoulder issues have something to do with that) ... i will continue to strive to bring it up .. i do think my posing may have something to do with it as well ... i'm kinda bunched up in my side chest shot ... with better posing i think my chest could look better ... but it makes sense my relatively weakest body part would need the most work

good comment about the shoulders .. i agree and will focus a little more on them as well

as for back width its tough because i gentically have high lats ... they have improved a lot (which may not be saying all that much lol) but i feel if i continue on the course i'm on they will continue to improve ... i don't think my arms are doing too much work for my back as i use straps and genuinely feel it in my back and not my bis

as for not guessing i came off a bulk because my bf seems low .. well its very high for me when i started the bulk i was probably around 6-7% and its definitely increased a lot ... i ate like a horse while i was bulking ... i think genetically i am just not very predisposed to storing all that much bodyfat which i won't complain about lol

again thanks a lot for your feedback its greatly appreciated
  26. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.12%

I say yummy...I know its not a BB term but !!!!! Its my term
  27. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.77%

Quote Originally Posted by wranglergirl
    I say yummy...I know its not a BB term but !!!!! Its my term
    actually i think 3 judges wrote YUMMY on Dexter Jackson's score card at last years Olympia ... so that WOULD make it a BB term

lol thanks a lot though WG
    Last edited by glenihan; 02-14-2005 at 10:42 PM.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.69%

Okay...I've got to ask...how big are your calves???

You've got me curious now? LOL.
    on a good day, 17" cold
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.84%

on a good day, 17" cold
    Oh, that's pretty good...the way you and Glenihan went at it, I thought you'd have some 15"ers as well, LOL
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.69%

Oh, that's pretty good...the way you and Glenihan went at it, I thought you'd have some 15"ers as well, LOL
    well, gotta put it in perspective to the surrounding areas. i've got 20.5" arms with a 51" chest. so 17" calves look like ****. but they were 16" in September so they're slowly but surely making improvements.
  31. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.77%

wow an inch on your calves in 6 months is pretty freaking good beelze ... seriously its a small and INCREDIBLY stubborn muscle that really is great progress ... wish i could put on an inch on mine ... keep up the good work
  32. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.56%

wow an inch on your calves in 6 months is pretty freaking good beelze ... seriously its a small and INCREDIBLY stubborn muscle that really is great progress ... wish i could put on an inch on mine ... keep up the good work
    Yeah, I too, would kill for an extra inch.

lol
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.92%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Looking good Glen. I would say the chest devlopment is not drasticly lacking, in fact a little more focus on that area would help. Maybe some more lower back work. Overall it's hard to find anything lacking, you're obviously doing something right keep it up.

34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.99%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I wish I could take some inches away from my calves and put them on my damn arms. 17" calves and 16" arms.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.84%

well, gotta put it in perspective to the surrounding areas. i've got 20.5" arms with a 51" chest. so 17" calves look like ****. but they were 16" in September so they're slowly but surely making improvements.
    20.5" guns? That's some size! What's youre BF% lookin like???

But, 17" calves on 20.5" guns is a little out of proportion
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.69%

20.5" guns? That's some size! What's youre BF% lookin like???

But, 17" calves on 20.5" guns is a little out of proportion
    i dunno, probably around 15% or so. on a cutter currently for the first time in my life, so i'm kinda feeling my way around to figure out cals and timing.
  37. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.89%

looking good glen,

your leaps and bounds ahead of most,
    good lift numbers too,

as far as calves go,
    the absolute best way to build calves IMO is sled pulling,
    i put 1 inch on mine in one week, or 3 - 1 mile pulls,
  38. Senior Member
    Stats