Work out once a week for one month?

flamini

flamini

Awards
So, this might seem outrageous but I came across what I personally found an interesting Idea. What if one were to workout only once a week doing bodybuilding workouts lifting each muscle in one day , a full weeks worth of lifting in one day.
Example:

7:30-8:30 am - Chest

11:00 am - back and shoulder

3:00-4:00- Legs

8:00-9:00 pm - bi and tris

Lets say for each time frame there were a total for 4 exercises for each muscle group between 6-10 reps and 4 sets each.

Now image this same routine while ignoring the times:

7:30-8:30 am - Chest (Sunday)

11:00 am - back and shoulder (Tuesday )

3:00-4:00- Legs (wed)

off thursday

8:00-9:00 pm - bi and tris (friday)
off saturday.

NOW each muscle group rests for a full week , so whats the difference between working them in one day and letting your whole body recover in one week.

You would have small yet high liquid carbohydrate and protein drinks/portions in between exercise with enough time to digest before you work out.

THEN one large ending meal in the day. the rest of the week , take naps the time you would be in the gym to get even more rest and sleep which we know aides recovery (obviously). We would eat higher amounts of fat for energy and the required protein as if you were normally working out.

we know that the body is always counter acting ... break down to build up, staying more hungry keeps elevated gh levels and cyclic adenosine monophate and lowers insulin levels to help burn fat, in return keeps insulin resistance low and in balance , then when sugars come you get a great inslin spike.

the body seems to respond in accordance to its mr. hyde. ALMOST every function and or hormone in the body has a jekyl and a hyde, one responsible for the opposite effects. Ex--> glucagon and insulin. or yet again a simple example of breaking muscle down to build it up. seems simple yes , wel all already know this , but its true.

So, back on topic, by working the while body to hell in one day may shock in my own theory not just your muscle but your entire endocrine system, could this be an innovative approach to gain the size we have all wanted all along?

This is just a thought, please no hostility !!!!! just friendly criticism and talk.

I am trying to keep this simple for now , as this takes off we can discuss into detail and raise questions.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Why not just do a high intensity full body workout taking each exercise to failure or beyond possibly utilizing intensity techniques once a week for a month?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One word: intensity.

It will be very hard (I don't typically use the word impossible, but this might be) to lift the entire body (4 exercises per body part) with a high enough intensity to get the desired stimulus.

If you're going balls to the wall on a leg workout, there is no way you're going to have the energy (glycogen stores, etc.) to go smash a solid shoulder session 3 hours later. (or vise versa)

flamini

flamini

Awards
One word: intensity.

It will be very hard (I don't typically use the word impossible, but this might be) to lift the entire body (4 exercises per body part) with a high enough intensity to get the desired stimulus.

If you're going balls to the wall on a leg workout, there is no way you're going to have the energy (glycogen stores, etc.) to go smash a solid shoulder session 3 hours later. (or vise versa)

Thats a good point, The idea would be to keep glycogen store really high during the workout and post with concentrated liquid carbs, and maybe save legs the most exhausting for last! But you raise a good question!

flamini

flamini

Awards
Why not just do a high intensity full body workout taking each exercise to failure or beyond possibly utilizing intensity techniques once a week for a month?
Okay, this is great this might be even better, although my only question would be would you get the same type of stimulus that you would after resting and hitting a body part with more concentration and rest? Overall, how do you feel about this idea?

Dulce

Dulce

Awards
I'm exhausted just reading your post. I couldn't imagine going to the gym that many times in one day and working out my whole body to that degree. Could work, but seems like there are easier ways to build muscle. I like easy ;)

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I'm exhausted just reading your post. I couldn't imagine going to the gym that many times in one day and working out my whole body to that degree. Could work, but seems like there are easier ways to build muscle. I like easy ;)
^^^ this lol.