pic 1
    pic 2
    pic 3
    pic 4
    pic 5

2. New Member

What are your goals?
  3. New Member

if you were me, i would cut a little, maybe just a few % bodyfat just get some good ab action happening, then bulk up

thats what i would do, what you wanna do may be completly different
    •   

4. Senior Member

Your pics look good. You have some nice shape going. However, Sinced you asked for a critique. I would have to suggest that you prioritize your posterior.Your front is more developed than your back. This is commom amoung beginners.We tend to focus on what you can see. I did it myself years back.One of the best things I ever did training wise was correct that.I would reccomend bringing up your rear delts, back and traps. You can always pick out the trainees that are lacking there. Their shoulders protract forward and it gives that rounded shoulder gorilla appearence. You're not there yet though. You have some nice development from the front and side. Focus on that now and it will pay off handsomely down the road.

As far as bulking or cutting, I would suggest more of a recomp/lean bulk approach. Slow and steady wins the race. Too many make the mistake of focusing on one or the other, and then end up having to worrk twice as hard later to get the desired look. PM me if you want some training suggestions. Another option is to work with Bobo.Can't go wrong there.
  5. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lean One
    Your pics look good. You have some nice shape going. However, Sinced you asked for a critique. I would have to suggest that you prioritize your posterior.Your front is more developed than your back.
    I actually had to take off the summer because I popped a blood vessle in my brain from not breathing correctly on my sqaut. So that forced me to cut my deads which my back has obviously paid for. What would you recomend for back right now. Currently I do lat pulldowns (front) , low cable rows, and a hammer strength machine that is supposed to hit all the muscles on the back, and close grip reverse pulldowns. thanx by the way
  6. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by bulkmuscle
    What are your goals?
    My goals will be to hit about 200 currently (180)maybe a little more and drop to 7% bf(curently at 9).Basically just have a good looking body that is symmetrical.
  7. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by pjsallday
    I actually had to take off the summer because I popped a blood vessle in my brain from not breathing correctly on my sqaut. So that forced me to cut my deads which my back has obviously paid for. What would you recomend for back right now. Currently I do lat pulldowns (front) , low cable rows, and a hammer strength machine that is supposed to hit all the muscles on the back, and close grip reverse pulldowns. thanx by the way
    I was going to suggest Deads as the #1 exercise to siut your needs, but if you can't do them, then the other stuff you're doing is fine. Just try to go as heavy as possible. When you use the hammer strength machine, use the horizontal grips. set the seat height low, so as you row, your hands are at about the same height as your shoulders.Keep your elbows high so your forearm is travelling parralel to the floor, and keep your shoulderblades squeezed together the entire time. Another of my favotites to correct this is lateral raises in the prone position on an incline bench. Shruggs will also help.

One last thing... When prioritizing theese muscle groups, stretch your chest regularly. Over time this will help correct posture by allowing the posterior muscles to re-align your shoulder girdle to a more optimal position
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.

I think you need some back width. Pull ups and lat pulls. Make sure you focus on using your lats in your movements.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lean One
    Your pics look good. You have some nice shape going. However, Sinced you asked for a critique. I would have to suggest that you prioritize your posterior.Your front is more developed than your back. This is commom amoung beginners.We tend to focus on what you can see. I did it myself years back.One of the best things I ever did training wise was correct that.I would reccomend bringing up your rear delts, back and traps. You can always pick out the trainees that are lacking there. Their shoulders protract forward and it gives that rounded shoulder gorilla appearence. You're not there yet though. You have some nice development from the front and side. Focus on that now and it will pay off handsomely down the road.

As far as bulking or cutting, I would suggest more of a recomp/lean bulk approach. Slow and steady wins the race. Too many make the mistake of focusing on one or the other, and then end up having to worrk twice as hard later to get the desired look. PM me if you want some training suggestions. Another option is to work with Bobo.Can't go wrong there.

I was going to post basically the same thing, Lean One covered it. You just need more overall mass and could use leaning out, but if you had to try and specify parts your back is your weakest link, definitely. Good luck, train and eat smart
  10. New Member

So should I widen my grip? Right now my my thumbs are on the outside of my shoulders, right where the bar bends on my lat pulldowns. If I do need to widen why?
  11. Senior Member

So should I widen my grip? Right now my my thumbs are on the outside of my shoulders, right where the bar bends on my lat pulldowns. If I do need to widen why?
    That sounds about right. I tell my clients to grip at a width so that as you pull to your chest, your upper and lower arm form a 90*angle.
  12. New Member

One more question. My 5x5 routine calls for deads but I can't do them so I need a 5x5 that can possible sub as best as possible. What would be the best exercise to do heavy for back and hit as much as possible? thanx
  13. Senior Member

Bent over barbell rows.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.

One thing that hits my lats pretty hard on the lat pull is to use the attachment where your palms point inward. Works good for me.
  15. New Member

Like the new look of the site for one. Second what muscles does that work lean?
  16. Senior Member

Like the new look of the site for one. Second what muscles does that work lean?
    All of 'em. Next to deads, probably the best mass builder.
  17. New Member

Right on! back is on Saturday so I will try it out then. thanx for all you help,
  18. Senior Member

Anytime. Good luck man, and post some pics when your back looks like Coleman!
  19. Professional Member

I do no think you need to lean out but rather just add more muscle.

Your back definitely should be a priority. Your upper back development quite simply is not there.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.

WOW, that sounds scary. Glad you're up and about.

Similar Forum Threads

1. tell me what ya think...
    By wilsmash4food in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 08:38 AM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 11:47 PM
  3. Need Ideas And Tell Me What Im Doing Is Right
    By stugots87 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-15-2008, 03:45 PM
  4. Replies: 3