Advice on cutting

realdyl75

realdyl75

Awards
Hey guys

I'm a 20 year old college student that's been watching what I eat and working out for about a year now and I've hit a plateau on my weight loss goals. I workout 6-7 times a week, rarely do cardio (bc of the winter), and eat about 2350 calories a day. My supps list include: PWO, BCAAs, whey, fish oil, green tea, cla, and a multi.

I would just like some advice on busting past this plateau and getting under 200lbs.

My before pic I was 285lbs with a 40" waist, I'm currently 207lbs with a 34" waist. Thanks guys!

Attachments

chrishenrique

chrishenrique

Awards
he has some grease, so he must burn it

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
Problems I see are "about" 2300 calories. You need to know exactly how much you're consuming. I weigh,measure and track EVERY little thing I eat or drink.

DO CARDIO! Don't lower calories. Too low and you'll lose muscle. You need a balance of calorie deficit and calories burned.

It's not going to be easy and you'll need to make some sacrifices. Stay dedicated and keep at it, good job so far.

realdyl75

realdyl75

Awards
Problems I see are "about" 2300 calories. You need to know exactly how much you're consuming. I weigh,measure and track EVERY little thing I eat or drink.

DO CARDIO! Don't lower calories. Too low and you'll lose muscle. You need a balance of calorie deficit and calories burned.

It's not going to be easy and you'll need to make some sacrifices. Stay dedicated and keep at it, good job so far.
I track what I can, I use my fitness pal, but some foods I just got guesstimate how much I'm actually consuming.

But I'm def gonna start doing HIIT....thank you!

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Hey guys

I'm a 20 year old college student that's been watching what I eat and working out for about a year now and I've hit a plateau on my weight loss goals. I workout 6-7 times a week, rarely do cardio (bc of the winter), and eat about 2350 calories a day. My supps list include: PWO, BCAAs, whey, fish oil, green tea, cla, and a multi.

I would just like some advice on busting past this plateau and getting under 200lbs.

My before pic I was 285lbs with a 40" waist, I'm currently 207lbs with a 34" waist. Thanks guys!
Great progress keep going man!

chrishenrique

chrishenrique

Awards
you are great, don't give up
you can do more sets and rep for burning fats.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
An extreme diet like PSMF might help. There is a theory on set points in the body and sometimes you have to go to extremes to break that set point and continue with the fat loss. PSMF with ECA for about 2 weeks and then back to your regular diet strategy.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2

realdyl75

realdyl75

Awards
An extreme diet like PSMF might help. There is a theory on set points in the body and sometimes you have to go to extremes to break that set point and continue with the fat loss. PSMF with ECA for about 2 weeks and then back to your regular diet strategy.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S(TM)II using Tapatalk 2
I'll def try that out, thanks man

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great progress man.

TexasGuy

Awards
If you aren't doing cardio, I would suggest adding it in. This would be the quick and easy fix. Considering the amount of lifting you do, LISS would be a great option. Even a medium paced, 20 minute walk on a treadmill incline after lifting should start dropping more fat off of you. If you don't have access to a treadmill, you can even jog in place in front of the TV. It might feel funny but it will work.

If a greater caloric deficit doesn't work, consider more extreme tactics.

My $0.02.

realdyl75

realdyl75

Awards
If you aren't doing cardio, I would suggest adding it in. This would be the quick and easy fix. Considering the amount of lifting you do, LISS would be a great option. Even a medium paced, 20 minute walk on a treadmill incline after lifting should start dropping more fat off of you. If you don't have access to a treadmill, you can even jog in place in front of the TV. It might feel funny but it will work.

If a greater caloric deficit doesn't work, consider more extreme tactics.

My $0.02.
Thanks man I'll definitely implement that. Should I take my post workout supps (whey, creatine) after my cardio or before?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Thanks man I'll definitely implement that. Should I take my post workout supps (whey, creatine) after my cardio or before?
creatine can be used anytime of the day, its a saturation type supplement....

realdyl75

realdyl75

Awards
creatine can be used anytime of the day, its a saturation type supplement....
Cool cool, so it's not time sensitive like whey? (I.e. it's recommended to take whey within 30 mins after working out)

Bluedev14

Bluedev14

Awards
Cool cool, so it's not time sensitive like whey? (I.e. it's recommended to take whey within 30 mins after working out)
Whey or any protein really isn't time sensitive. It's more or less about how many grams you get in the course of the day. I'd argue carbs are far more time sensitive..but there are plenty who continually disagree with that