310 pounds to 169 pounds

Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ballesteri View Post
    JimBoSlice....Tryin me best to keep up with posting of the pics. while your on missions but can't find the one of a paper rife. No hurry just send it when you get a chance. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post

Close enough?
    yup paper grenade

2. Registered User

lol, I'm not even sure what's happened at this point.

Hey OP, lets talk more about your dosing protocol for the Clen/T3. Or did I overlook that piece of info somewhere in this masculine soap opera?

I've used both in the past and could possibly provide some input or insight to either.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Anecdotally, I've found naproxen to be an awesome pain reliever in general, ftr and as a general response.
    I don't know what this means but you may enjoy these links:

Rifle Paper Co. - Home

Semi-Auto Paper Rifle - YouTube

Paper Rifle

Close enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    lol, I'm not even sure what's happened at this point.

Hey OP, lets talk more about your dosing protocol for the Clen/T3. Or did I overlook that piece of info somewhere in this masculine soap opera?

I've used both in the past and could possibly provide some input or insight to either.
    Lets bury the hatchet and move on, no need to derail the thread further.

To the OP, nice work on your prgress so far. I have no experience with clen or T3 so I cannot be of help here but other dieting protocols I know and can help. Fuelledpassion wrote on the first page about ramping up calories for a time period; despite this being seemingly counterproductive it actually works to get fat down that little bit further. Theres only so far you can decrease calories and increase exercise without that too being counterproductive so a refeed is a viable approach.

Other thing that really works is HIIT, or high intensity interval training. Given that you love to lift and are into bodybuilding, this may be even more perfect for you. Not only does HIIT create an after burn after exercise (i.e. increase metabolic rate at rest) it also increases lipolysis (which is the shuttling of fat to cells to be used as energy); so with both an increase in metabolism at rest and an increase in fat being used as a fuel (at rest as well) you can burn more fat when your resting.
    •   

4. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor

Re: 310 pounds to 169 pounds

HIIT doesnt really nake a difference on fat loss on its own. Diet is still the main deciding factor. What HIIT most likely does is increase your chances of getting leaner. It does not likely actually makes you leaner itself. Honestly, energy expenditure really doesn't do much on body composition. When you perform HIIT what your really doing is priming your body (improve glucose metabolisim and insulin sensitivity) to be able and willing to lose fat.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

This is not intended to be a contrarian response, I just feel like we are discussing exercise along the lines of darkness actually being a lack of light and this is the type of stuff that spins out of control.

Exercise burns stored fat cells on the body and will reduce body fat, as long as a caloric deficit is maintained.

Can we at least agree on terminology before discussing application?

Edited for brevity.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    HIIT doesnt really nake a difference on fat loss on its own. Diet is still the main deciding factor. What HIIT most likely does is increase your chances of getting leaner. It does not likely actually makes you leaner itself. Honestly, energy expenditure really doesn't do much on body composition. When you perform HIIT what your really doing is priming your body (improve glucose metabolisim and insulin sensitivity) to be able and willing to lose fat.

Of course, but given that she is in a deficit, HIIT will only serve to help her purpose.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

This is not intended to be a contrarian response, I just feel like we are discussing exercise along the lines of darkness actually being a lack of light and this is the type of stuff that spins out of control.

Exercise burns stored fat cells on the body and will reduce body fat, as long as a caloric deficit is maintained.

Can we at least agree on terminology before discussing application?

Edited for brevity.
    Excuse my ignorance, I didn't quite understand the first paragraph :/ lol.

Bolded part for sure I agree with, I was just making recommendations based on what I already knew ie. she was in calorie deficit . Either LISS or HIIT will serve there purpose, I just graviate toward HIIT for time saving purposes and for the other impacts it has.
  8. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, I didn't quite understand the first paragraph :/ lol. Bolded part for sure I agree with, I was just making recommendations based on what I already knew ie. she was in calorie deficit . Either LISS or HIIT will serve there purpose, I just graviate toward HIIT for time saving purposes and for the other impacts it has.
    He's attempting to be snarky again.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahLou View Post
    310 pounds to 169 in 14 months.
    *applause*

Well done!!! Congrats on your transformation!
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

Bolded part for sure I agree with, I was just making recommendations based on what I already knew ie. she was in calorie deficit . Either LISS or HIIT will serve there purpose, I just graviate toward HIIT for time saving purposes and for the other impacts it has.
    Technically there is no such thing as "dark" only an absence of light. Not an exact carry over but getting super technical about exercise working within a diet is what I was getting at. I just didn't want another semantical misunderstanding spinning off in to something ridiculous.

I like HIIT and LISS too, depending on goals. For her goal, I think HIIT is the best practice.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    He's attempting to be snarky again.
    See reply to Jiggz and take a chill pill...
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

See reply to Jiggz and take a chill pill...
    Likewise.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

Likewise.
    Pretty chill over here. Just clarifying the discussion point. Nothing snarky. Illustrative.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Technically there is no such thing as "dark" only an absence of light. Not an exact carry over but getting super technical about exercise working within a diet is what I was getting at. I just didn't want another semantical misunderstanding spinning off in to something ridiculous.

I like HIIT and LISS too, depending on goals. For her goal, I think HIIT is the best practice.
    Ah right, I follow. FWIW I do both on a regular basis so either will work.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  157 lbs.

I'm going to try this "HIIT" tomorrow.. I plan on doing a four hour gym day. Two hours before breakfast and two hours after dinner. Fueled- I take 120 mcgs of t3 and 80-100mcgs of clen.
    Loved the workout prior to breakfast- no bloating whatsoever, took nobull for my pre workout, and my clen/t3 three times today with no headache. Now for my diet I had chia seeds with soy milk.. a quarter cucumber and two cups of carrotts, a pear and a teaspoon on power peanut butter.. probably shouldnt of eaten that pear. Too much sugar.
    Name:  ForumRunner_20130207_190743.png
Views: 130
Size:  475.1 KB
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  157 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by cswalczakny View Post

*applause*

Well done!!! Congrats on your transformation!
    Thank you! So much more to go!
  17. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Pretty chill over here. Just clarifying the discussion point. Nothing snarky. Illustrative.
    Being sharply critical is the definition of snarky, which is what your post exemplified. I just love the irony of you calling others dramatic when you constantly have these kinds of undertones resonating within several of your posts.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  18. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

I'm going to try this "HIIT" tomorrow.. I plan on doing a four hour gym day. Two hours before breakfast and two hours after dinner. Fueled- I take 120 mcgs of t3 and 80-100mcgs of clen.
    Loved the workout prior to breakfast- no bloating whatsoever, took nobull for my pre workout, and my clen/t3 three times today with no headache. Now for my diet I had chia seeds with soy milk.. a quarter cucumber and two cups of carrotts, a pear and a teaspoon on power peanut butter.. probably shouldnt of eaten that pear. Too much sugar.
    4 hours in a day is definitely overdoing it in the gym. Roughly how many calories per day do you currently consume?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  19. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor

Not really. It is a common belief amoung many that doing more cardio somehow leads to more weight loss which is simply not true. Calorie expenditure really doesn't have much of an impact on body composition despite how logical it may sound or come across. The purpose of my post was more of a reminder of this.

Again not really. Fat loss is more of a result of dieting methods and not so much exercise. You exercise to build and maintain muscle, not to loose fat.

Example, you take a group of people and place them all on a caloric deficit diet and then separate them into training vs non training, the difference in weight loss between thebgeoups won't really be anything significent.

Also the aerobic pathway is the only one capable of using or "burning" fat as fuel. The anaerobic pathway relies mainly on glucose not fats. Although as jiggz mentions above resistance training (anaerobic) increases EPOC which raises metabolism slightly but again isn't going to really manifest into a huge difference with regard to body composition.

These are relevant

How much of an impact does cardio and/or weightlifting have on weight loss?

As simple as calories in vs calories out, or is it?

As far as I know, the above metabolic effects are specific to HIIT and not LISS. Really short of heart health LISS is worthless as HIIT does a much better job increasing aerobic capacity than LISS does. The only ones who would really benefit from lots of LISS are marathon runners.

20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

Ah right, I follow. FWIW I do both on a regular basis so either will work.
    Agreed. I tend to like LISS on a bulk for energy conservation* while keeping fat gain in check and HIIT on a cut because it melts fat like butter for me, for whatever reason.

* I realize this doesn't make technical sense, burning calories is burning energy one way or the other. HIIT really takes it out of me though, makes an intense lifting routine tough and LISS doesn't.**

** The single asterisk is only about 30% snarky, this double asterisk is 100% snarky, but neither is directed at anyone in particular so no offense should be taken by anyone in particular. I am primarily being as accurate as possible on a casual internet forum post to avoid a misunderstanding with 70% of the single asterisk.

Too soon?
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  157 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballesteri View Post
    SarahLou, I really must apologize on behalf of the blokes for takin over your thread, sometimes they just can't help themselves. The key question we need you to settle is which of the 3 Texans was the most helpful.
    Now great egos hang in the balance so we all need you to be precise in your decision. Obviously Celorza with his zillions of rep. power would be the wise choice as he may jus send somadat ur way...
    Send what my way? Sorry.. yet again.. not educated when it comes to the forum.. I'm new.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  157 lbs.

4 hours in a day is definitely overdoing it in the gym. Roughly how many calories per day do you currently consume?
    I maximum consume 1000 calories a day. Today I'm at approx 700-ish today. I work two jobs, workout.. I munch as much as I can in between..ish.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

Not really. It is a common belief amoung many that doing more cardio somehow leads to more weight loss which is simply not true. Calorie expenditure really doesn't have much of an impact on body composition despite how logical it may sound or come across. The purpose of my post was more of a reminder of this.

Again not really. Fat loss is more of a result of dieting methods and not so much exercise. You exercise to build and maintain muscle, not to loose fat.

Example, you take a group of people and place them all on a caloric deficit diet and then separate them into training vs non training, the difference in weight loss between thebgeoups won't really be anything significent.

Also the aerobic pathway is the only one capable of using or "burning" fat as fuel. The anaerobic pathway relies mainly on glucose not fats. Although as jiggz mentions below resistance training (anaerobic) increases EPOC which raises metabolism slightly but again isn't going to really manifest into a huge difference with regard to body composition.

These are relevant

How much of an impact does cardio and/or weightlifting have on weight loss?

As simple as calories in vs calories out, or is it?

Ok. Burning 3500 - 6000 calories or more per week while at a specific calorie amount compared to someone not burning additional calories at the same calorie intake amount is most likely what Jiigz was getting at, though I can't speak for him of course.

But yes, a deficit is a deficit and 3,500 fewer calories in a given time frame are 3,500 fewer calories, however it is brought about, you win.
  24. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor

I maximum consume 1000 calories a day. Today I'm at approx 700-ish today. I work two jobs, workout.. I munch as much as I can in between..ish.
    This is most likely why you plateaued (especially when coupled with the time you spend working out a week) How long have you been at this amount for? If your going to go that low might as well go all out and go PSMF honestly.

25. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Ok. That needs to change. Now. You cannot consume that small amount of calories and expect to not end up in a bad place. You're essentially starving yourself with this low of caloric intake and high activity.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

Send what my way? Sorry.. yet again.. not educated when it comes to the forum.. I'm new.
    Haha, he wants more pictures of you and was complaining that "paper rife" isn't a photo of an attractive woman. It wasn't a serious post.

I'm sure Rodja will handle the calorie and training quantity discussion but you are definitely headed for a crash.

Edit: Look at that, three posts in the time it took to type one. Mentally it will probably be tough to increase food consumption given where you have come from but what these guys are most likely about to tell you should be taken seriously.

There are too many chiefs though and I will most likely agree with most of what they say here so no need to continue reiterating.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

You are barely eating, working out up to 4 hours a day, and using 100mg/100mcg of clen and t3 per day? I'm surprised you haven't hurt yourself already. You need to eat more and workout less, truthfully.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  157 lbs.

Ok. That needs to change. Now. You cannot consume that small amount of calories and expect to not end up in a bad place. You're essentially starving yourself with this low of caloric intake and high activity.
    Thats what I'm at for today.. ive been cutting low cal intake for three days now. Thats not counting protein shakes.. ranch dip.. the late night snacks.. my weakness.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

I will jump in to say that the whole purpose of HIIT, or one of the primary purposes, is to reduce volume. You should never need four hours and especially not while running a HIIT routine. Please read about it and understand the principles behind it before just adding it in. Not being mean, it's important.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  157 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LikeClockwork View Post

You are barely eating, working out up to 4 hours a day, and using 100mg/100mcg of clen and t3 per day? I'm surprised you haven't hurt yourself already. You need to eat more and workout less, truthfully.
    Keep in mind.. this has been going on for three days, no longer. I love food too much, proof of where I came from. But I completely understand. So when cutting, what calorie intake should I be consuming.
  31. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor

Keep in mind.. this has been going on for three days, no longer. I love food too much, proof of where I came from. But I completely understand. So when cutting, what calorie intake should I be consuming.
    So what was your calorie intake 4 days ago?

32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

Being sharply critical is the definition of snarky, which is what your post exemplified. I just love the irony of you calling others dramatic when you constantly have these kinds of undertones resonating within several of your posts.
    There are no undertones, you are imagining them. There was no snark or criticism, only clarification.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Find your TDEE (using one of many calculators found online) and subtract ~20% from it. Give it a week and adjust accordingly if you're losing weight too slowly or rapidly.
  34. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

There are no undertones, you are imagining them. There was no snark or criticism, only clarification.
    Dude...this in and of itself is snarky. You subtly call out people and then when they respond, you act as though it was unwarranted. You can't call anyone dramatic when you yourself stir up the pot on a frequent basis.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  157 lbs.

So what was your calorie intake 4 days ago?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S(TM)II using Tapatalk 2
    Oh ****.. probably easily 1600-2800. Its generally all healthy stuff.. with the odd pizza slice... or two.. maybe three. Guilty.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

This. Agreed fully. Research on the female athlete triad for a more detailed analysis but i'll do a little blurb here;

Ok, dropping calrories that low is significantly dangerous; esp. to a female. Consider; your body requires energy to function physiologically known as your BMR (Basale Metabolic Rate) this includes the amount of energy required for your kidneys to function, heart function, brain and so on. Its pretty much the energy required to sustain life. Now while this will vary from person to person, I can safely assume that your BMR would far exceed 1,000kcals and definitely more than 700kcals. And this is just your BMR. This doesnt take into energy consumed while exercsing or undergoing daily activities (walking, gardening, etc.).

Now when BMR + exercise is taken into account the total is referred to as TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). This is the energy required by your body to undertake daily activities while maintaining current mass.

With the terminology understood it is now required to put this into action; consider for example that your TDEE is 2500kcals (example only), a safe drop in calories would be around 250-500kcals per day (equating to a loss of between 1/2lb- 1lb per week) putting total calories between 2250 and 2000. However when you drop calories to the levels you are at (700- 1000) you are not even meeting half of your daily requirement. Ergo your body's energy balance is put out of whack. It must recover some calories in order to attempt to keep physiological functions at optimal levels so this is when your body eneters starvation mode; it will literally start to eat itself. It will target muscle cells and break them down to use as fuel (using the proteins as an additional food source), this process has a double effect; 1) the muscle proteins provide fuel in times of starvation and 2) the loss of muscle mass will decrease your BMR and metabolic rate decreases, thus helping to restore balance.

However, at such a huge deficit (not to mention your exercsing on top of this which could effectively account for half, if not more of your daily intake) the body must resort to a more desperate measure; shutting down energy consuming physiological functions; usually the first to go is your bodies ability to reproduce because at this point, survival of the self is more important than survival of the species. Dependant on serverity and how prolonged the body is in starvation mode, this can become permanent and your body will cease to produce eggs.

In short, you need to re-evaluate this current approach for your own safety.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Oh snap, it seems as though you cleared this up already; it just took me so long to write it all haha.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

Dude...this in and of itself is snarky. You subtly call out people and then when they respond, you act as though it was unwarranted. You can't call anyone dramatic when you yourself stir up the pot on a frequent basis.
    There was no call out, only clarification, twice, to avoid semantical confusion. Nothing more or less.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  157 lbs.

This. Agreed fully. Research on the female athlete triad for a more detailed analysis but i'll do a little blurb here;

Ok, dropping calrories that low is significantly dangerous; esp. to a female. Consider; your body requires energy to function physiologically known as your BMR (Basale Metabolic Rate) this includes the amount of energy required for your kidneys to function, heart function, brain and so on. Its pretty much the energy required to sustain life. Now while this will vary from person to person, I can safely assume that your BMR would far exceed 1,000kcals and definitely more than 700kcals. And this is just your BMR. This doesnt take into energy consumed while exercsing or undergoing daily activities (walking, gardening, etc.).

Now when BMR + exercise is taken into account the total is referred to as TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). This is the energy required by your body to undertake daily activities while maintaining current mass.

With the terminology understood it is now required to put this into action; consider for example that your TDEE is 2500kcals (example only), a safe drop in calories would be around 250-500kcals per day (equating to a loss of between 1/2lb- 1lb per week) putting total calories between 2250 and 2000. However when you drop calories to the levels you are at (700- 1000) you are not even meeting half of your daily requirement. Ergo your body's energy balance is put out of whack. It must recover some calories in order to attempt to keep physiological functions at optimal levels so this is when your body eneters starvation mode; it will literally start to eat itself. It will target muscle cells and break them down to use as fuel (using the proteins as an additional food source), this process has a double effect; 1) the muscle proteins provide fuel in times of starvation and 2) the loss of muscle mass will decrease your BMR and metabolic rate decreases, thus helping to restore balance.

However, at such a huge deficit (not to mention your exercsing on top of this which could effectively account for half, if not more of your daily intake) the body must resort to a more desperate measure; shutting down energy consuming physiological functions; usually the first to go is your bodies ability to reproduce because at this point, survival of the self is more important than survival of the species. Dependant on serverity and how prolonged the body is in starvation mode, this can become permanent and your body will cease to produce eggs.

In short, you need to re-evaluate this current approach for your own safety.
    You can clearly tell I'm new.. how awful. Thank-you for clarifying what I'm doing to my body.. how embarassing. What a sin. So according to the calculator I'm supposed to eat 2500 cals a day, now to drop weight, what should I be consuming? Again.. thank you.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  207 lbs.

If that is your maintenance level start by dropping 500 cals from that 2500. And go from there!
    *~The Pain You Feel Today, Will Be the Strength You Feel Tomorrow~*
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 03:29 PM
  2. My Quest to 1000 Pounds
    By Ryno703 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 12-24-2008, 10:57 PM
  3. New Member, wanting to loose 5 pounds
    By Wendy21 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-08-2007, 12:11 PM
  4. Trying to loose 20 pounds of flubber
    By nidan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-23-2005, 06:41 PM
  5. I have started to cut, 5 pounds down and more to go....
    By windwords7 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 05:32 PM