310 pounds to 169 pounds

Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    What dosing protocol are you using for the T3/clen? Regarding the headaches, clen can cause a bit of electrolyte imbalance while also increasing blood pressure and lead to headaches. Eating foods higher in magnesium and potassium tend to alleviate this in addition to some fish oil and vitamin E.
    I'm highly interested in this too...a classmate of mine has started training at my same workout times and asks for a lot of help. He got T3 and he has no idea how to dose it and almost started it at 50mcg/day :/. He is around 260~ and 5'7...I think he can benefit from it, but with a proper diet and a good tapper-up dosage...I just ain't an expert in T3 or Clen.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    What dosing protocol are you using for the T3/clen? Regarding the headaches, clen can cause a bit of electrolyte imbalance while also increasing blood pressure and lead to headaches. Eating foods higher in magnesium and potassium tend to alleviate this in addition to some fish oil and vitamin E.
    For the Clen I'm using 100mcgs and T3 120mcgs. Yea, at first the headaches were brutal, but I use extra strength tylonal religiously. Recently I'm able to take tylonal once a day and my clen and T3 2-3 times a day. My diet consists of Chia Seeds, carrots, celery, salads, and cucumber.. and tuna. Haha pretty bland, been doing that for four days now. But yet again.. still haven't touched bread, rice, pasta in a year.I guess I should buy some fish oil today, and other vitamins, to keep keeping on!Had a killer workout this morning.. 40 mins of cardio and 30 mins of weight training.. bitch is getting jacked.Thanks Rodja and others for all you're help.. amazing!
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by SarahLou View Post
    For the Clen I'm using 100mcgs and T3 120mcgs. Yea, at first the headaches were brutal, but I use extra strength tylonal religiously. Recently I'm able to take tylonal once a day and my clen and T3 2-3 times a day. My diet consists of Chia Seeds, carrots, celery, salads, and cucumber.. and tuna. Haha pretty bland, been doing that for four days now. But yet again.. still haven't touched bread, rice, pasta in a year.I guess I should buy some fish oil today, and other vitamins, to keep keeping on!Had a killer workout this morning.. 40 mins of cardio and 30 mins of weight training.. bitch is getting jacked.Thanks Rodja and others for all you're help.. amazing!
    Tylenol actually is a poor pain reliever that has been marketed as something it is not and that is a NSAID. If you have a fever, Tylenol is great, but won't do much for headaches. Ibuprofen and naproxen are better alternatives.

Have you tapered up to those respective dosages and how long have you been using them? Clen is generally used in short bursts of 7-14 days due to how quickly the body attenuates to the compound. T3, though, can be run for much longer.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Tylenol actually is a poor pain reliever that has been marketed as something it is not and that is a NSAID. If you have a fever, Tylenol is great, but won't do much for headaches. Ibuprofen and naproxen are better alternatives.

Have you tapered up to those respective dosages and how long have you been using them? Clen is generally used in short bursts of 7-14 days due to how quickly the body attenuates to the compound. T3, though, can be run for much longer.
    Anecdotally, I've found naproxen to be an awesome pain reliever in general, ftr and as a general response.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

Yes, I've tapered up to them, Ive been using them for 16 days now, T3 I've used for three months prior took took months off, and now I'm using liquid form. Perfect i have Ibprofen with me so I'm going to take two now..
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by SarahLou View Post
    Yes, I've tapered up to them, Ive been using them for 16 days now, T3 I've used for three months prior took took months off, and now I'm using liquid form. Perfect i have Ibprofen with me so I'm going to take two now..
    I'd definitely stop with the clen for awhile. I'm always hesitant with liquid T3 as it usually is very inconsistent with regards to dosing. You may or may not be getting the dose that you think.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I'd definitely stop with the clen for awhile. I'm always hesitant with liquid T3 as it usually is very inconsistent with regards to dosing. You may or may not be getting the dose that you think.

Damn.. clen stops working after a bit?

8. Quote Originally Posted by SarahLou View Post
    Yes.

Your body adjust extremely quickly.

I would encourage finding a pharma source for your T3 as well. I am actually more of a fan of T4.
    The Historic PES Legend

9. Quote Originally Posted by SarahLou View Post
    It stops working very quickly. IMO, it should be used as something to break a long plateau instead of one of the foundations of your cut.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

10. And look into Albuterol instead of Clenbuterol. The benefits of clen, with less of the shakes. And some research showed and increase in aerobic capacity.
    The Historic PES Legend
  11. Re: 310 pounds to 169 pounds

120mcg of T3 seems like awfully a lot.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  12. Re: 310 pounds to 169 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Hey I agree that people have a tendency to believe in what has worked for them. I tend to like my methods the most, but I have had success with a few others such as LeanGains.

1) Not defending anyone, I will say that there is an unspoken aspect missing in this argument. Jigzz, good point, I mean it. But I do think that the scientific community has kinda lost its credibility with a bunch of worthless studies. I'm am not saying that your studies were worthless, I'm speaking in general terms. There is so much randomness to studies nowadays that its really hard to bring a good, solid truth home with most of these pseudo studies. I've seen the scientific community jump to a conclusion, then a few years later change its mind..no wait! And back to the same old conclusion again. Its just overwhelming trying to keep up with a bunch a students and professors. I'd rather just try some things on myself and log it as I go and learn what made me respond and what didn't. Finding a random relationship between two things does not merit truth to be told about it. It doesn't even add up to a theory.

2) And since the scientific community is always all over the place, discovering new things, debunking old myths, and rediscovering old truths all the time, I'm forced to only take into consideration what has passed the test of time - what has worked best for previous bodybuilders and athletes.

3) The last problem is this: people are trying to find some worth and value in themselves rather than finding truth. This leads to people writing up articles and publishing a study just to be known for something. To be special, more or less. Again, not saying you are doing that Jigzz, but it does exist.

It all adds up to me searching for truth in men that have already found it. I don't need the credit for myself. So I look for guys who have been successful in the gym rather than in the text. I hope you can understand at least my point of view on things.
    I can never follow this kind of logic.

So that becomes science is capable of going against himself or refuting itself then it is invalid?

I say, this is what makes science great. That really at its core its sole purpose is to disprove things. Never accepting the status quo and constantly asking why and how to the claims being made. When presented with new data science can and will evolve and change. Why is this bad?

This is something I posted in another thread and seems relevant to your post

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Most of us believe in evidence based practice which is essentially the blending of science and art. You on the other hand seem to have the mindset that the only information of value comes from the "trenches" or as you say "real life" This mindset is a mistake. You can not disassociate the art from the underlying science that supports it. Science gives us an objective measure to which help guide us in making decisions. This mindset that chooses to ignore this are only really doing an injustice to the themselves and that is perfectly fine (I am of the belief people have the right to be stupid if they so choose to be. Got my fingers crossed darwins theory will prevail in the end) but when these individuals start to spread this concept I do feel the need to chime in and help add some perspective. As I mentioned above in my sarcastic post, without consideration of scientific research, you will ultimately fall prey to the biases of subjectivity.

Now, this does not mean that everything should be based on research alone and that personal anecdotal evidence is somehow irrelevant. It just shouldnt be the main driving force to creating ideas. Rather, one should be current with the available research and use this as their basis for decision making. You take the conclusions drawn from the research (as a whole, not just a single study) and apply them based on your personal experiences and whatever "real world" factors you need to consider (i.e injury, illness, schedule, convineince and practicality, etc) This is evidence-based practice and is what this industry needs more of

PESCIENCE.COM

13. SarahLou, I really must apologize on behalf of the blokes for takin over your thread, sometimes they just can't help themselves. The key question we need you to settle is which of the 3 Texans was the most helpful.
    Now great egos hang in the balance so we all need you to be precise in your decision. Obviously Celorza with his zillions of rep. power would be the wise choice as he may jus send somadat ur way...

14. Now that second set of paragraphs I can agree with personally and I like that thought process. I wasnt tellin u that I or anyone else might nullify research altogether, but sometimes the scientific community will publish findings and preach and teach polar opposites at the same time. Like someone is fighting for their theory to win the crowd over. And this type of thing has been goin on for thousands of years in regards to scientists fighting to take the high ground. Personally I'd just rather let em fight, and I'll keep believing what has been working for me and AFTER the fighting is done and everyone comes into universal agreement about theories and fact, I'll then take a closer look at those newly accepted theories or facts.

Case in point - The Big Bang vs. Steady State

not phys ed related but this is a simple straight-forward example of what I'm gettin at.

I agree with what u said above. I'm not sure I did in the past but today I believe I do. Granted, I'll always value my experience more than all else.

15. Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    In general food is the healing agent. Your body uses it, especially protein, to rebuild damaged muscle.

Mitigating pain from inflammation is another story. Ginger, fish oil, curcumin (turmeric) and a plethora of other natural solutions with anti-inflammatory properties can help. Anti-oxidant rich fruits and veggies too.
    I'll quote this one as the other was too long; your last paragraph on your other post was there to incite an argument and bring a discussion that was already closed into an irrelevant thread and also seemed to be an attack on people's intellect hence the reason I posted.

If you call people out, expect a response. And don't say you weren't.

16. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Hey I agree that people have a tendency to believe in what has worked for them. I tend to like my methods the most, but I have had success with a few others such as LeanGains.

1) Not defending anyone, I will say that there is an unspoken aspect missing in this argument. Jigzz, good point, I mean it. But I do think that the scientific community has kinda lost its credibility with a bunch of worthless studies. I'm am not saying that your studies were worthless, I'm speaking in general terms. There is so much randomness to studies nowadays that its really hard to bring a good, solid truth home with most of these pseudo studies. I've seen the scientific community jump to a conclusion, then a few years later change its mind..no wait! And back to the same old conclusion again. Its just overwhelming trying to keep up with a bunch a students and professors. I'd rather just try some things on myself and log it as I go and learn what made me respond and what didn't. Finding a random relationship between two things does not merit truth to be told about it. It doesn't even add up to a theory.

2) And since the scientific community is always all over the place, discovering new things, debunking old myths, and rediscovering old truths all the time, I'm forced to only take into consideration what has passed the test of time - what has worked best for previous bodybuilders and athletes.

3) The last problem is this: people are trying to find some worth and value in themselves rather than finding truth. This leads to people writing up articles and publishing a study just to be known for something. To be special, more or less. Again, not saying you are doing that Jigzz, but it does exist.

It all adds up to me searching for truth in men that have already found it. I don't need the credit for myself. So I look for guys who have been successful in the gym rather than in the text. I hope you can understand at least my point of view on things.
    Yes.

And though I've already given a lengthy response I will reiterate here that not once have I dismissed science, nor completely disregarded methodologies outside of my own. An honest read through the various arguments will show I've acknowledged methods outside my preferences to work. I have, however, given my opinion, based on results and backed by science on what I think best practice is. And no, I don't care if you study kinesiology, it isn't exactly a finite science with exclusive information held by a handful of elite yodas. I am not belittling your field but I am saying a few college hours don't give you exclusive rights to being right.

I don't claim to know everything. I've posted in a relatively small amount of topics considering the breadth of the website. I certainly don't know much about drugs, I don't need'em, which is why I'm ignoring that aspect of this thread.

I sure as do **** know how to build an athletic, strong and muscular body(largely by utilizing existing, tried and true programs though I do draw up my own too) and I will never ignore how my body responds to certain training and dietary protocols because a paper rife with limitations says it isn't.

Edit: Generally speaking and using fueledpassions post as a conversation piece, ftr.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    I'll quote this one as the other was too long; your last paragraph on your other post was there to incite an argument and bring a discussion that was already closed into an irrelevant thread and also seemed to be an attack on people's intellect hence the reason I posted.

If you call people out, expect a response. And don't say you weren't.
    Nope. My post means exacty what it says. Read the thread and tell me it's wrong. I'm spot on and this isn't the only one. I'll assume you read my response even if you didn't quote it. I'm not upset people are responding but appreciate the heads up.

18. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Now that second set of paragraphs I can agree with personally and I like that thought process. I wasnt tellin u that I or anyone else might nullify research altogether, but sometimes the scientific community will publish findings and preach and teach polar opposites at the same time. Like someone is fighting for their theory to win the crowd over. And this type of thing has been goin on for thousands of years in regards to scientists fighting to take the high ground. Personally I'd just rather let em fight, and I'll keep believing what has been working for me and AFTER the fighting is done and everyone comes into universal agreement about theories and fact, I'll then take a closer look at those newly accepted theories or facts.

Case in point - The Big Bang vs. Steady State

not phys ed related but this is a simple straight-forward example of what I'm gettin at.

I agree with what u said above. I'm not sure I did in the past but today I believe I do. Granted, I'll always value my experience more than all else.
    Your eloquence is an asset.

19. Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post

paper rife.
    JimBoSlice....Tryin me best to keep up with posting of the pics. while your on missions but can't find the one of a paper rife. No hurry just send it when you get a chance. Thanks

20. Quote Originally Posted by Ballesteri View Post
    JimBoSlice....Tryin me best to keep up with posting of the pics. while your on missions but can't find the one of a paper rife. No hurry just send it when you get a chance. Thanks
    I don't know what this means but you may enjoy these links:

http://riflepaperco.com/

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCn-kRa09_Y

www.paperrifle.com/

Close enough?

21. Quote Originally Posted by Ballesteri View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post

Close enough?
    yup paper grenade

22. lol, I'm not even sure what's happened at this point.

Hey OP, lets talk more about your dosing protocol for the Clen/T3. Or did I overlook that piece of info somewhere in this masculine soap opera?

I've used both in the past and could possibly provide some input or insight to either.

23. Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    Anecdotally, I've found naproxen to be an awesome pain reliever in general, ftr and as a general response.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    I don't know what this means but you may enjoy these links:

Rifle Paper Co. - Home

Semi-Auto Paper Rifle - YouTube

Paper Rifle

Close enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    lol, I'm not even sure what's happened at this point.

Hey OP, lets talk more about your dosing protocol for the Clen/T3. Or did I overlook that piece of info somewhere in this masculine soap opera?

I've used both in the past and could possibly provide some input or insight to either.
    Lets bury the hatchet and move on, no need to derail the thread further.

To the OP, nice work on your prgress so far. I have no experience with clen or T3 so I cannot be of help here but other dieting protocols I know and can help. Fuelledpassion wrote on the first page about ramping up calories for a time period; despite this being seemingly counterproductive it actually works to get fat down that little bit further. Theres only so far you can decrease calories and increase exercise without that too being counterproductive so a refeed is a viable approach.

Other thing that really works is HIIT, or high intensity interval training. Given that you love to lift and are into bodybuilding, this may be even more perfect for you. Not only does HIIT create an after burn after exercise (i.e. increase metabolic rate at rest) it also increases lipolysis (which is the shuttling of fat to cells to be used as energy); so with both an increase in metabolism at rest and an increase in fat being used as a fuel (at rest as well) you can burn more fat when your resting.
  24. Re: 310 pounds to 169 pounds

HIIT doesnt really nake a difference on fat loss on its own. Diet is still the main deciding factor. What HIIT most likely does is increase your chances of getting leaner. It does not likely actually makes you leaner itself. Honestly, energy expenditure really doesn't do much on body composition. When you perform HIIT what your really doing is priming your body (improve glucose metabolisim and insulin sensitivity) to be able and willing to lose fat.

PESCIENCE.COM

25. This is not intended to be a contrarian response, I just feel like we are discussing exercise along the lines of darkness actually being a lack of light and this is the type of stuff that spins out of control.

Exercise burns stored fat cells on the body and will reduce body fat, as long as a caloric deficit is maintained.

Can we at least agree on terminology before discussing application?

Edited for brevity.

26. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    HIIT doesnt really nake a difference on fat loss on its own. Diet is still the main deciding factor. What HIIT most likely does is increase your chances of getting leaner. It does not likely actually makes you leaner itself. Honestly, energy expenditure really doesn't do much on body composition. When you perform HIIT what your really doing is priming your body (improve glucose metabolisim and insulin sensitivity) to be able and willing to lose fat.

Of course, but given that she is in a deficit, HIIT will only serve to help her purpose.

27. Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    This is not intended to be a contrarian response, I just feel like we are discussing exercise along the lines of darkness actually being a lack of light and this is the type of stuff that spins out of control.

Exercise burns stored fat cells on the body and will reduce body fat, as long as a caloric deficit is maintained.

Can we at least agree on terminology before discussing application?

Edited for brevity.
    Excuse my ignorance, I didn't quite understand the first paragraph :/ lol.

Bolded part for sure I agree with, I was just making recommendations based on what I already knew ie. she was in calorie deficit . Either LISS or HIIT will serve there purpose, I just graviate toward HIIT for time saving purposes and for the other impacts it has.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, I didn't quite understand the first paragraph :/ lol. Bolded part for sure I agree with, I was just making recommendations based on what I already knew ie. she was in calorie deficit . Either LISS or HIIT will serve there purpose, I just graviate toward HIIT for time saving purposes and for the other impacts it has.
    He's attempting to be snarky again.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

29. Quote Originally Posted by SarahLou View Post
    310 pounds to 169 in 14 months.
    *applause*

Well done!!! Congrats on your transformation!
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

30. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, I didn't quite understand the first paragraph :/ lol.

Bolded part for sure I agree with, I was just making recommendations based on what I already knew ie. she was in calorie deficit . Either LISS or HIIT will serve there purpose, I just graviate toward HIIT for time saving purposes and for the other impacts it has.
    Technically there is no such thing as "dark" only an absence of light. Not an exact carry over but getting super technical about exercise working within a diet is what I was getting at. I just didn't want another semantical misunderstanding spinning off in to something ridiculous.

I like HIIT and LISS too, depending on goals. For her goal, I think HIIT is the best practice.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 05:29 PM
  2. My Quest to 1000 Pounds
    By Ryno703 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 12-25-2008, 12:57 AM
  3. New Member, wanting to loose 5 pounds
    By Wendy21 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-08-2007, 02:11 PM
  4. Trying to loose 20 pounds of flubber
    By nidan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-23-2005, 08:41 PM
  5. I have started to cut, 5 pounds down and more to go....
    By windwords7 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 07:32 PM