Gained 12 pounds think ill post

dmmcclair

dmmcclair

Awards
I'm fairly new here, been lifting seriously for about 8 months and made every mistake in the book starting out, mostly lack of understanding of the importance of a routine, I was the guy with no clue that went from machine to machine and did ten reps, no more no less, then went to the next. Now I do 5,3,1 training and for the last 8 months have gone through varying degrees of dedication and better understanding of nutrition, in the last 4 weeks I have gained about 12 pounds and have increased my deadlift from 200 something to 300, not the highest it's been and nothing to brag about I know, but I have the goals in mind and the progress of my workouts is evident, unfortunately I don't have a true start picture, so this will be my starting pic because my goal is 195 pounds. I just wanted to thank AM and all the readers that have offered their advice to a youngin.

Attachments

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
That ink is sick bro!

dmmcclair

dmmcclair

Awards
Thanks man my artist is a maniac, in a good way

Thomasxavier

Awards
I recommend testosterone cypionate, 600mg a week, split up into two injections no doubt.

What is your current weight and height?

dmmcclair

dmmcclair

Awards
First off no steroids, second, I'm 6ish in height can't really say for certain whether I ever crossed the next inch and in that picture I'm a little over 170 but still working on bulking up goal is 195

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First off no steroids, second, I'm 6ish in height can't really say for certain whether I ever crossed the next inch and in that picture I'm a little over 170 but still working on bulking up goal is 195
great job man, keep with it and don't stop. 5/3/1 did wonders for me, even in just a short time span. 195 will be right around the corner for ya

I like the ink as well, I've got a half sleeve of knotwork

dmmcclair

dmmcclair

Awards
Thanks man can't wait to get the last touches put on the tattoo

Thomasxavier

Awards
Well I don't understand, because I am 5'11 and when I was 145 lbs I looked bigger than you. So I am a bit curious where the weight is going.

and lol @ no steroids

dmmcclair

dmmcclair

Awards
Well I don't understand, because I am 5'11 and when I was 145 lbs I looked bigger than you. So I am a bit curious where the weight is going.

and lol @ no steroids
Since there's no pic of you then I guess there will be no comparison but my thighs are pretty big and I'm dense as can be. But post a pic and well see, FTR not being a dick just stating want that to be clear

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I simply lol'd at the steroid comment because in no way shape or form were you referencing steroids haha

dmmcclair

dmmcclair

Awards
Isn't test cypionate a steroid? Idk someone recommended it and all I can say is no sterods

steppinRazor

Awards
hey man congrats on the progress.
but 170 at 6'?? i just dont see it. you're damn skinny! not trying to be a dick. whats your bf? 8%?

dmmcclair

dmmcclair

Awards
Bf% is a little less than 6 and yes I know I don't look like 170 but I promise that's what the scale read and this is why I'm looking to bulk lol.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bf% is a little less than 6 and yes I know I don't look like 170 but I promise that's what the scale read and this is why I'm looking to bulk lol.
170 with your jeans on that just came out of the washer without being dried and wearing your shoes and winter parka?

Jk, but you're damn lean and obv the best thing you can do if you wanna gain weight is just what Wendler suggests: drink a gallon of fatty milk a day. Whether you actually use milk or other foods is irrelevant - the takeaway being get a s***load of calories and protein from a decent food source. Eat and sleep like a bear and you'll get your 195 before you know it.

Awesome you're making steady progress in your training; 5/3/1 is helping me bust some plateaus right now as well.

jermvanpelt

jermvanpelt

Awards
170 with your jeans on that just came out of the washer without being dried and wearing your shoes and winter parka?

Jk, but you're damn lean and obv the best thing you can do if you wanna gain weight is just what Wendler suggests: drink a gallon of fatty milk a day. Whether you actually use milk or other foods is irrelevant - the takeaway being get a s***load of calories and protein from a decent food source. Eat and sleep like a bear and you'll get your 195 before you know it.

Awesome you're making steady progress in your training; 5/3/1 is helping me bust some plateaus right now as well.
I'm with Hyde on this one load up on calories and protein keep your reps low your looking like your off to a good start keep up the good work.

dmmcclair

dmmcclair

Awards
Yeah I'm the type I miss one meal and sneeze out 3 pounds lol I'm currently doing the half gomad approach and eating a **** ton

rhondagraymon

rhondagraymon

Awards
Ur just 19. And you say no to steroids! :biggthumpup: :clap2:
build it the natural way and it'll last long

dmmcclair

dmmcclair

Awards
Thanks guys just one question, if I reach 195 before I ship off to boot will muscle memory take over and let me build it back up after or is it better to just bulk after?

Red Fox

Red Fox

Awards
Thanks guys just one question, if I reach 195 before I ship off to boot will muscle memory take over and let me build it back up after or is it better to just bulk after?
Muscle memory is real.

But when you're older, don't be afraid of test cyp

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if your bulking up FOR boot camp, I'd advise you focus on cardio, plyometrics and body weight exercises. If you're just bulking because you wanna be big-then no probs at all. You'll get into the swing of things after boot camp again

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
dmmcclair

dmmcclair

Awards
Guys let me be clear, I'm not against steroids I just don't see a need for them personally, I understand that they have their place and that the one thing that no one can debate is that they work, but they only work while on them, I want to go military, that rules that out automatically, also they work but if given to an athlete at the peak of their performance the result will be ten times what they are. So no I won't do steroids. That out of the way, thank you for the advice that is viable, for those pushing steroids no thank you but I'm sure someone will appreciate the advice.

steppinRazor

Awards
Guys let me be clear, I'm not against steroids I just don't see a need for them personally, I understand that they have their place and that the one thing that no one can debate is that they work, but they only work while on them, I want to go military, that rules that out automatically, also they work but if given to an athlete at the peak of their performance the result will be ten times what they are. So no I won't do steroids. That out of the way, thank you for the advice that is viable, for those pushing steroids no thank you but I'm sure someone will appreciate the advice.
Too polite, try again.

dmmcclair

dmmcclair

Awards
First off thank you for the acknowledgement of politeness, I'm not trying to be a dick, just don't want to do steroids therefore I don't need the advice on them I would rather just have advice on what to do for naturals.

PS, in response to being too polite how is this?
"F*** steroids and the ****ers who use them, peace out A-town down *****es".

PPS that is intended as a joke and not meant to be taken in any other context than what is intended

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am military and can tell you that most guys in the service use steroids.

Not recommending them to you but just saying that being military does not rule them out and the military doesn't even test for them.

dmmcclair

dmmcclair

Awards
I didn't know of the prevalence of steroids in the military which branch though by chance? Also any advice on bulking after boot? Will the military help me with that? Or are they going to be against it?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lift/Eat however you want after boot camp when time permits you to.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't know of the prevalence of steroids in the military which branch though by chance? Also any advice on bulking after boot? Will the military help me with that? Or are they going to be against it?
I'm in the army. But its throughout every branch, especially with the spec ops guys.

They wont care, once you get out of training its just a job. As long as you meet the physical standards set by your branch they don't care what you're doing in the gym as far as bulking and cutting go.

SLAMtheCLAM

SLAMtheCLAM

Awards
I'm in the army. But its throughout every branch, especially with the spec ops guys.

They wont care, once you get out of training its just a job. As long as you meet the physical standards set by your branch they don't care what you're doing in the gym as far as bulking and cutting go.
That couldnt be anymore true. I serve as well and in basic for 14weeks i wasnt aloud to touch weights outside of what they had us doing saying that tho once i was sent to my new units there is alot of help offered for bulking cutting whatever you want. And as for canadian sof some of those boys are monsters. Tho when i started the process of applying for sof i was told who will get shot at first smaller guy running threw the desert or the bigger guy lol best of luck

aceroni

Awards
I recommend testosterone cypionate, 600mg a week, split up into two injections no doubt.

What is your current weight and height?
You're a ****ing idiot. The kid has been lifting seriously for no more than a few months and you're suggesting gear?

Honestly gtfo, you clearly have no understanding of training or nutrition, and your opinions like that are neither asked for nor welcomed