Starting again

Unstoppable89

Unstoppable89

Awards
I always had problems with my dedication. I start and then after a few months I stop or reduce the amount of workouts and to cut the story short I fail. This time I really want to make something of myself and I need to do this for myself to prove that I can do it, that I can make it happen!¨

I started working out again this week the 26.11.2012 the last time I worked out was few months ago. I always brake and then stop for months or years. I don't want that BS anymore. I want to succeed.

Here are some pictures of me, how I look now. Freash.
(I would like to add more mass, only muscle mass, lower my body fat % and get the nice muscle definiton) I am on 82 Kg - 180 punds now, and I really don't give a **** if I will be 2kg heavyer or 10kg. I just want to get to my goal or as near as possible).

My ultimate goal would be something like: john claude van damme or like Scott Adkins in Undisputed 3: Redemption (A man can dream, can he?)

I do 1:30h of weight lifting, push ups, pull ups, etc. 4 times a week
And 1h of Boxing 2 times a week

So basicly I work out 6 times a week, but if I'm not working then I'm only on my PC playing retarded games and sitting the whole day long. So yeah, contradictive activitis. Any advice, tips, hints. I am a noob in this. And I want to do all of this alone at home with basic equipment.

Attachments

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
well you should probly start with finding out why you always quit. dont set impossible goals for yourself, thats just stupid and destined for failure. no "i wanna look like this guy" because you rnt that guy. just change it to "i wanna look the best i can" or something like that

Unstoppable89

Unstoppable89

Awards
well you should probly start with finding out why you always quit. dont set impossible goals for yourself, thats just stupid and destined for failure. no "i wanna look like this guy" because you rnt that guy. just change it to "i wanna look the best i can" or something like that
Yeah you are right, I should look at it a bit different then I did before. I also often stopped since I didn't really see enough changes that would make me want to go on. It was starting to get too hard and then I stopped, or I was sick for a week or two and I didn't find the motivation to start again and so on...

Always a quieter, I really have a problem with that.

What would be a realistic goal? How to keep myself motivated and move on and on? For example how much change should I expect in 1 month, then 2 months and so on?

Maybe I always wanted too much change it a short time and wasn't happy with it, since I'm very Impatient. Then I stopped, I have a hard time figuring myself out. And would really love to get some help.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You'd probably have more motivation if you had the monetary investment of a gym membership.

Any reason you don't want one?

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
dfinately do the gym membership. its a whole new thing when you have a money investment towards it. and stepping into a place like a gym gives you motivation, even if you walk in tired.

and i never set goals like that. mine starts withnlose x weight, gain x weight, est x calories, eat x protein. the changes will come, but they take a LONG time. and dont use the mirror as your sign of change cuz youll almost never notice it. use pictures and strength increases in the gym

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Keep your motivation by every week doing better than the last week. Just one more rep or another 5lb on that lift. You will get the results bit they don't come overnight. You also have to eat. Lots to put on muscle.

Unstoppable89

Unstoppable89

Awards
So far it's been 3 weeks. I fully changed my eating habit and I'm doing exercise 4 times a week. I did my measuring and weight check.
My contracted biceps changed from 14,56" to 14,96" and my weight changed from 180.55 to 181.88 dunno if it's from the working, but I guess it should be XD

Attachments

rhondagraymon

rhondagraymon

Awards
i got the same prob dude.. i start and then quit after a couple of months. so i pondered and came up a solution for myself. everyday for 5-10 mins browse the internet for bodybuilding pics. this makes me wanna have a "that" body. And if i ever feel lazy to exercise or go to the gym. i just get ready like normally (this is the time when i know i got push myself by just doing things in an easy manner). and go the gym (even if i am late and get to workout only for 30 mins or so).. this happened for the first 3 weeks. And then suddenly i was all pumped , my body was getting the shape and i totally looked forward to the gym time. since then i was on time and i'm ripping it man.
hope this helps
all the best!

Unstoppable89

Unstoppable89

Awards
thanks dude, not a bad idea at all. So far I am good, and I am doing good. Love the forum! XD