Pre-Bulk Critiques (Pics from last show)

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
As of Monday I'll be beginning my winter bulk, but before I finalize my programming for the next 20 weeks or so I wanted to get some feedback as per what folks think I should bring up. My quads/calves/hamstrings are priority number one at this point, and I'm not going to be hitting front delts very hard until I get the rear delts back up to par. Check out the pics (my first show) and let me know what you'd think.

I will say that I've made some nice gains in my legs overall since the show as I think my leg development was definitely behind. The last 9 weeks or so I've been following Madcows 5x5 and just this week switched back to a higher volume "bodybuilding" split, and I think the emphasis on heavy squats and deads can be credited for the gains.

AV9G1455_GTJPBRESZS*.jpg
AV9G1458_ZRVTBUBCVV*.jpg
AV9G1937_VHAPDKRMCF*.jpg
AV9G7751_KBCYEAUFME*.jpg
AV9G7754_TRKYCYKMEV*.jpg

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
You have good sape and decent symetry, keep after those legs and calves. Its hard to tell, but I would add more widh t my arms and higher peak to match that muscular back.

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback, man! Legs are coming along nicely - I've put about 3 inches on them and I've still got striations peaking through. Calves are coming, but slowly. Good tip on the arms, I'll start training them a bit harder!

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Your welcome, the reason I said the arms is because when you pose rear biceps and back, your back is very nice and to have arms equally nice would make a crazy good pose! You have nice cuts but a little size would just be icing on the cake.

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
For sure. I'm looking at competing again in March or April, so everything is appreciated! Gotta come in leaner, drier, bigger every time, right? ;)

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
Why bulk? Keep bodyfat as low as possible.
Should've said lean bulk. I'm sitting at about 205 now (I competed at 185) and I'd put my bodyfat at about 9-11%. Looking to compete again in August and the goal is to be about 210-215 on stage - heavier if it doesn't sacrifice conditioning. I'll try and get some current pics up within the next few days to show the progression.

Thanks again for the feedback.

kmh23

kmh23

Awards
Should've said lean bulk. I'm sitting at about 205 now (I competed at 185) and I'd put my bodyfat at about 9-11%. Looking to compete again in August and the goal is to be about 210-215 on stage - heavier if it doesn't sacrifice conditioning. I'll try and get some current pics up within the next few days to show the progression.

Thanks again for the feedback.
Your going to put on 25 to 30lb of muscle in 8 months? Would be nice but not very realistic.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Your going to put on 25 to 30lb of muscle in 8 months? Would be nice but not very realistic.
Anabolics are amazing? I ve seen 20lbs in less then 8 months with a deca dbol ran into tren and primo. He weighted in 20lbs up for weigh ins.

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
Anabolics are amazing when used in conjunction with proper training and diet. I have little doubt that I'll come in to this summer's show 30 lbs heavier than last year. I'd say I'm only about 8 weeks of hard dieting away from contest shape and I'm pretty sure I'd be at least 15 - 20 lbs heavier than I was last August, so between continued training, a solid PCT and another cycle leading into the show, I'd say my expectations are fairly reasonable.

I'll be putting up a training log leading into the shows I'm doing this summer, so if you're curious about anything just keep an eye out for it.

Cheers.

kmh23

kmh23

Awards
Def not impossible. I guess that just comes down to well the person responds. op didn't say anything about sauce so I didn't assume. Either way best of luck to you in your endeavor. 25lb plus of muscle added anytime with or without gear is quite and accomplishment.