The Old Man

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
If I could look that good at THAT age, I'd feel like I accomplished something!

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You look much younger than 42. And healthier than just about anyone younger than you also.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Awsome,great to see the 40+ crowd make a splash...Keep pumpin Fartman.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Great work.

ManBeast

oldfart

oldfart

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Awsome,great to see the 40+ crowd make a splash...Keep pumpin Fartman.
LOL

:icon_lol:

Thanks bros.

Very positive atmosphere here. I don't believe I've ever seen a single ill-minded comment about any pic ever posted.

Definitely good to hear positive feedback at any age.

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
I dont see too many 40 year olds in that shape. You are not living up to American standards and thats a good thing. Keep up the good work.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I have a new goal set for when I turn 40. Excellent dedication.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya you look great, and it's good to have your positive reinforcement on this board.

red_devil1469

Awards
Good work OF what part of NC you in?Raleigh area here.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
yea brother man, you dont need to make excuses with the way you look. Any age.... solid. Thanks for sharing
Sage

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
you look great man, chest is CUT! wish mine was that tight. what are your stats? how long have you been lifting?

lozgod - very nice avatar!

oldfart

oldfart

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
you look great man, chest is CUT! wish mine was that tight. what are your stats? how long have you been lifting?

lozgod - very nice avatar!
Thanks.

5'9'' 175 - ??? % bf
Been lifting around 3 years. Lifted in my 20's for a several years too.

Last edited:
TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Thanks.

5'9'' 175 - 4-6% bf
Been lifting around 3 years. Lifted in my 20's for a several years too.

Wow, you took that long of a break and you still look better than most.

Amazing...

IdahoSpud

Awards
Lookin good, young man! Keep slinging those weights :)

PastorofMuppets

Awards
Bah, you probably came outta your momma with abs!

;)

Hope I look that good at 40+, jeesh.

heavy

Awards
Look great...your physique also reminds me of an anabolex moderators...cant remember his name.

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What would I give to have that kinda muscle maturity kickin...

Mitochondria

Awards
Hey Old Fart good job on the bod bro. Can you give a days eating example for us other "ahem...cough cough old farts"!
Thanks

oldfart

oldfart

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey Old Fart good job on the bod bro. Can you give a days eating example for us other "ahem...cough cough old farts"!
Thanks
Thank you.

Meal 1: 9 eggs (2 whole), 1 cup of oats

Meal 2: Wendy's large chili, plain baked potato, grilled chicken sandwich (nix the bread)

Meal 3: Apple, banana, 1 serving Pro Complex

Meal 4: (preworkout) VPX Micellean MRP with CEX added

Meal 5: (postworkout) 1 serving Pure Vitargo with CEX and 1 serving Pro Complex

Meal 6: 6-8 ounces steak, 1 cup rice, large salad

Meal 7: 1 serving protein blend w/Micellar Casein, handful of nuts or couple scoops of PB

Mitochondria

Awards
old fart meals

Thank you.

Meal 1: 9 eggs (2 whole), 1 cup of oats

Meal 2: Wendy's large chili, plain baked potato, grilled chicken sandwich (nix the bread)

Meal 3: Apple, banana, 1 serving Pro Complex

Meal 4: (preworkout) VPX Micellean MRP with CEX added

Meal 5: (postworkout) 1 serving Pure Vitargo with CEX and 1 serving Pro Complex

Meal 6: 6-8 ounces steak, 1 cup rice, large salad

Meal 7: 1 serving protein blend w/Micellar Casein, handful of nuts or couple scoops of PB
Dude you are shredded and eating tons of carbs. How did you find an approach that worked for you?

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey fartman :lol: how many total cals does that come out to. Best of luck moving to the Queen City, I'll shoot ya a PM sometime.

oldfart

oldfart

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Dude you are shredded and eating tons of carbs. How did you find an approach that worked for you?
Thanks for the nice comments. I wouldn't say shredded but I am certainly leaner than the average guy.

My regimen has evolved over the years by just reading and trying new things and continuing with the things that work and dropping the things that don't.

It's a constant learning process and I have lots of learning to do. This board helps immensely though I can tell you that.

As far as the carbs, I go thru cycles where my carb intake is much lower than this.

Right now I am having trouble keeping my weight up so I have to really make an effort to eat enough carbs or I turn into the incredible shrinking man.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Your very modest Old Fart, but we can all see that garden-hose like vein coursing through your bicep. Well done. You're an inspiration.

oldfart

oldfart

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey fartman :lol: how many total cals does that come out to. Best of luck moving to the Queen City, I'll shoot ya a PM sometime.
I don't track calories really. I track protein and carbs.

I try to get about 250+ grams of protein and 350+ grams of carbs a day.

That's about 2400 calories. To that add my fat calories which is approx. 20% so that yields about 3000 total I guess.

Thanks for the well wishes. BTW, did you go to High Point for the BB show 2 weeks ago? It was pretty damn good. Would have loved to go to Charleston too this past weekend to see Jay Cutler guest posing at the Junior USA's.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't track calories really. I track protein and carbs.

I try to get about 250+ grams of protein and 350+ grams of carbs a day.

That's about 2400 calories. To that add my fat calories which is approx. 20% so that yields about 3000 total I guess.

Thanks for the well wishes. BTW, did you go to High Point for the BB show 2 weeks ago? It was pretty damn good. Would have loved to go to Charleston too this past weekend to see Jay Cutler guest posing at the Junior USA's.
I had no idea there was a show (what was the name and who were involved?). Where was it located, since I live about 20 min out and lived there my whole life :eek: I wouldve liked to have gone though! We could've met up and gotten a few of those quarter pounders and Wendy's chili :rofl:

oldfart

oldfart

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I had no idea there was a show (what was the name and who were involved?). Where was it located, since I live about 20 min out and lived there my whole life :eek: I wouldve liked to have gone though! We could've met up and gotten a few of those quarter pounders and Wendy's chili :rofl:
It was the North Carolina State Championships promoted by Mike Valentino on Saturday April 9th. The top 2 qualifiers (or something) went to the Junior USA's the next week in Charleston.

Middleweights and Light Heavys were friggin awesome!

Not many notables there but a dude named Sean "he ain't no chump" Crump was one of the guest posers. This dude was unreal. He's placed second in many of the National level NPC events.

Overall it was a great show.

Methyl1

Awards
It was the North Carolina State Championships promoted by Mike Valentino on Saturday April 9th. The top 2 qualifiers (or something) went to the Junior USA's the next week in Charleston.

Middleweights and Light Heavys were friggin awesome!

Not many notables there but a dude named Sean "he ain't no chump" Crump was one of the guest posers. This dude was unreal. He's placed second in many of the National level NPC events.

Overall it was a great show.
I must say you are looking great man, very lean and great muscular development, the chest is great and arms are very good. Keep up the great work!!

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I must say you are looking great man, very lean and great muscular development, the chest is great and arms are very good. Keep up the great work!!

Dude WTF is with your avatar??????

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I was thinking the same thing, strange cat there.

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

Yea dude, ever since you came here you've been weird, get that **** outta here or you WILL be flamed everyday!

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I must say you are looking great man, very lean and great muscular development, the chest is great and arms are very good. Keep up the great work!! Now if I could just see you in a studded leather thong with a leash around your neck.:whip:
WTF??:think:

Last edited:

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
you look FANTASTIC for only lifting for the past 3 years at your age .. keep up the great work man seriously

any plans of competiting in the future?

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Good work! What is your supplement regimen?

Methyl1

Awards
Good work! What is your supplement regimen?
Ahhh, you know the usual. A little bit of Test Cyp and a wee bit of Fin, you know the usual everyday supplements right next to creatine and protien.:thumbsup:

oldfart

oldfart

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
you look FANTASTIC for only lifting for the past 3 years at your age .. keep up the great work man seriously

any plans of competiting in the future?
Thanks.

I've considered competing. I've had a nagging shoulder problem for a while that seems to have cleared up and I've now got a game plan to put on some SERIOUS mass over the next year.

I don't want to walk out there and get blasted which is what would happen now.

Good luck with your competition. You look great!

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
thanks a lot i appreciate it ... i sent you a PM that may help even further with your shoulder injury .. who knows

good luck putting on more mass .. seems like you've got the genetics to put together quite a nice physique!