The Old Man

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Thumbs up old fart meals

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart
    Thank you.

Meal 1: 9 eggs (2 whole), 1 cup of oats

Meal 2: Wendy's large chili, plain baked potato, grilled chicken sandwich (nix the bread)

Meal 3: Apple, banana, 1 serving Pro Complex

Meal 4: (preworkout) VPX Micellean MRP with CEX added

Meal 5: (postworkout) 1 serving Pure Vitargo with CEX and 1 serving Pro Complex

Meal 6: 6-8 ounces steak, 1 cup rice, large salad

Meal 7: 1 serving protein blend w/Micellar Casein, handful of nuts or couple scoops of PB
    Dude you are shredded and eating tons of carbs. How did you find an approach that worked for you?

2. Hey fartman how many total cals does that come out to. Best of luck moving to the Queen City, I'll shoot ya a PM sometime.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Mitochondria
    Dude you are shredded and eating tons of carbs. How did you find an approach that worked for you?
    Thanks for the nice comments. I wouldn't say shredded but I am certainly leaner than the average guy.

My regimen has evolved over the years by just reading and trying new things and continuing with the things that work and dropping the things that don't.

It's a constant learning process and I have lots of learning to do. This board helps immensely though I can tell you that.

As far as the carbs, I go thru cycles where my carb intake is much lower than this.

Right now I am having trouble keeping my weight up so I have to really make an effort to eat enough carbs or I turn into the incredible shrinking man.

4. Your very modest Old Fart, but we can all see that garden-hose like vein coursing through your bicep. Well done. You're an inspiration.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Grassroots082
    Hey fartman how many total cals does that come out to. Best of luck moving to the Queen City, I'll shoot ya a PM sometime.
    I don't track calories really. I track protein and carbs.

I try to get about 250+ grams of protein and 350+ grams of carbs a day.

That's about 2400 calories. To that add my fat calories which is approx. 20% so that yields about 3000 total I guess.

Thanks for the well wishes. BTW, did you go to High Point for the BB show 2 weeks ago? It was pretty damn good. Would have loved to go to Charleston too this past weekend to see Jay Cutler guest posing at the Junior USA's.

6. yea bro, i agree with everyone else...looking great

7. Quote Originally Posted by oldfart
    I don't track calories really. I track protein and carbs.

I try to get about 250+ grams of protein and 350+ grams of carbs a day.

That's about 2400 calories. To that add my fat calories which is approx. 20% so that yields about 3000 total I guess.

Thanks for the well wishes. BTW, did you go to High Point for the BB show 2 weeks ago? It was pretty damn good. Would have loved to go to Charleston too this past weekend to see Jay Cutler guest posing at the Junior USA's.
    I had no idea there was a show (what was the name and who were involved?). Where was it located, since I live about 20 min out and lived there my whole life I wouldve liked to have gone though! We could've met up and gotten a few of those quarter pounders and Wendy's chili

8. Quote Originally Posted by Grassroots082
    I had no idea there was a show (what was the name and who were involved?). Where was it located, since I live about 20 min out and lived there my whole life I wouldve liked to have gone though! We could've met up and gotten a few of those quarter pounders and Wendy's chili
    It was the North Carolina State Championships promoted by Mike Valentino on Saturday April 9th. The top 2 qualifiers (or something) went to the Junior USA's the next week in Charleston.

Middleweights and Light Heavys were friggin awesome!

Not many notables there but a dude named Sean "he ain't no chump" Crump was one of the guest posers. This dude was unreal. He's placed second in many of the National level NPC events.

Overall it was a great show.

9. Quote Originally Posted by oldfart
    It was the North Carolina State Championships promoted by Mike Valentino on Saturday April 9th. The top 2 qualifiers (or something) went to the Junior USA's the next week in Charleston.

Middleweights and Light Heavys were friggin awesome!

Not many notables there but a dude named Sean "he ain't no chump" Crump was one of the guest posers. This dude was unreal. He's placed second in many of the National level NPC events.

Overall it was a great show.
    I must say you are looking great man, very lean and great muscular development, the chest is great and arms are very good. Keep up the great work!!

10. Definitely, thanks!
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by Methyl1
    I must say you are looking great man, very lean and great muscular development, the chest is great and arms are very good. Keep up the great work!!

Dude WTF is with your avatar??????

12. I was thinking the same thing, strange cat there.

13. thats funny
  14. ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
    ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday's Avatar

Yea dude, ever since you came here you've been weird, get that **** outta here or you WILL be flamed everyday!

15. Quote Originally Posted by Methyl1
    I must say you are looking great man, very lean and great muscular development, the chest is great and arms are very good. Keep up the great work!! Now if I could just see you in a studded leather thong with a leash around your neck.
    WTF??
    Last edited by Beowulf; 04-24-2005 at 01:47 AM.

16. you look FANTASTIC for only lifting for the past 3 years at your age .. keep up the great work man seriously

any plans of competiting in the future?

17. Good work! What is your supplement regimen?

18. Quote Originally Posted by Knowbull
    Good work! What is your supplement regimen?
    Ahhh, you know the usual. A little bit of Test Cyp and a wee bit of Fin, you know the usual everyday supplements right next to creatine and protien.

19. Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    you look FANTASTIC for only lifting for the past 3 years at your age .. keep up the great work man seriously

any plans of competiting in the future?
    Thanks.

I've considered competing. I've had a nagging shoulder problem for a while that seems to have cleared up and I've now got a game plan to put on some SERIOUS mass over the next year.

I don't want to walk out there and get blasted which is what would happen now.

Good luck with your competition. You look great!

20. thanks a lot i appreciate it ... i sent you a PM that may help even further with your shoulder injury .. who knows

good luck putting on more mass .. seems like you've got the genetics to put together quite a nice physique!

21. Quote Originally Posted by Knowbull
    Good work! What is your supplement regimen?
    Thanks.

CEE (before/after workout)
    Glutamine (before/after workout, morning/night)

(new) NeuroStim/XTend (pre workout)

GXR
    Sesathin (some)
    Multivitamin
    Vitamin C
    Liver Support
    Prostate Support
    EFA's
    NO Support
    Protein (Pro Complex/day, Muscle Milk/night)

ECY/Aminos (pre morning cardio only)

Other stuff

22. Thankyou! I appreciate the list, its good to know whats working well for others and to get an idea of what adjustments could be made in ones own regimen.

23. Holy ****. That's awesome !
    CONTROLLED LABS - WINNING the WAR against GENETICS
    Email: pt [at] controlledlabs.com

24. Looking good. How long have you been training? Your next door to me, I'm in SC.

25. Quote Originally Posted by anadrol75
    Looking good. How long have you been training? Your next door to me, I'm in SC.
    Thx.

Trained for several years in my 20's and now been at it again for about 4 yrs.

God I wished I'd stayed with it.

26. very fine

27. old fart, you look great - seems funny me calling you "old fart"

I would love to be 43 again and know what I know now about working out, I would have started sooner. Just imagine, in 20 years from now you will probably look like "ARNOLD" and I will be in a nursing home chasing nurses at age 81.

Good Luck, young man!!

28. I see on another thread you said you had 18" arms.

What are you other stats?

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

29. Quote Originally Posted by AGELESS
    old fart, you look great - seems funny me calling you "old fart"

I would love to be 43 again and know what I know now about working out, I would have started sooner. Just imagine, in 20 years from now you will probably look like "ARNOLD" and I will be in a nursing home chasing nurses at age 81.

Good Luck, young man!!
    LMAO

I wish I knew whatever it is you know because you look awesome!

And thanks.

30. Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    I see on another thread you said you had 18" arms.

What are you other stats?

CROWLER
    Arms: 18"
    Chest: 44"
    Shoulders: 53"
    Calves: 16"
    Quads: 24"

It's obvious I need to prioritize chest and quads.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2013, 04:51 PM
  2. Give the old man (me) a reality check please.
    By EMARTIN in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 01-22-2010, 10:45 PM
  3. The Old Man....
    By David Dunn in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-23-2009, 05:11 PM
  4. Pre "The ONE" pic, for an old man.
    By mjonesjr8 in forum Pics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 07:16 PM
  5. The old man wants to target the gut