guess body fat / critique - AnabolicMinds.com

guess body fat / critique

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.

guess body fat / critique

Every time I use the calipers I get a different number. Let me know what you think body fat is and tell me if you think I need some attention to specific areas. Thanks for input in advance. Should probably add:
    33 yrs old
    215 lbs (up from 205 lbs at start of cycle)
    5th week of third cycle / bulking
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.

Bump
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

your tattoo says "Egg Roll"

good job!
    Log of EPIC by FRL - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202576-should-epic-frl.html
    •   

4. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

given crappy cellphone pictures, no lower than 12%, no higher than 16% i'd guess.

no area really stands out as needing more attention than others to me.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  5. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

15-16%, and I'm pretty sure that's a close guess.
  6. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I tried to post this the other day but somehow it got lost. This is a very accurate formula.

He's got a cool site with a lot of useful info. Here is the formula,

For Men:
    Before you use the formulas, there are two measurements that are required:

Measurement 1: Bodyweight

Measurement 2: Waist Girth (measured at the umbilicus)

Procedure:
    1) Multiply your bodyweight by 1.082. Add the result to 94.42. Once your calculation is complete, save the number. (Bodyweight x 1.082) + 94.42=Result 1

2) Multiply your waist girth by 4.15. Once you get this result, subtract it from the number obtained in step 1 (ie: Step 1 result-Step 2 result). The result obtained after the subtraction is done is your lean bodyweight (your weight if you had no fat in your body at all). Result 1 - (Waist Girth x 4.15)= Lean Body Weight

3) Finally, subtract your lean bodyweight from your total bodyweight (Total weight-Lean Bodyweight). Once you get the result, multiply that number by 100. Once you get the result divide it by your total bodyweight. This final result is your percentage of body fat. ((Total Bodyweight - Lean Bodyweight) x 100) divided by (Your Body Weight) = Your Percentage of Body Fat.

Example:
    I weigh 190 and I have a 30.5inch waist. Therefore, step 1 is (190 x 1.082) + 94.42 = 300. Step 2 says that my lean body weight equals 300-(30.5 x 4.15)=173.425. Finally, Step 3 says that my body fat percentage is ((190-173.425) x 100) divided by 190= 8.72%.>>
    >>
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.

Thanks I'll give it a shot
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

reallly impressive equation, hit me right on the nose at 12%
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html
  9. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by benmayro View Post
    reallly impressive equation, hit me right on the nose at 12%
    But it didn't for me. It's off by 3% for me. (I used a Dexa scan a few months ago and have only gotten leaner since)
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  290 lbs.

Eat more!!!! Train Heavier!! You are worried about BF...LOL. Whens cross country practice? `
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    But it didn't for me. It's off by 3% for me. (I used a Dexa scan a few months ago and have only gotten leaner since)
    It told me that my bf is 45% when I have 4 pack showing :/
    And I've checked it 3 times now
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by ToNNNNyT

It told me that my bf is 45% when I have 4 pack showing :/
    And I've checked it 3 times now
    I think ur doin something wrong lol
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

16.14% for me. Not too shabby (for an aspiring powerlifter, that is )
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

says im 12% but how accurate can this be? apparently I'd need to have a 29in waist to be 10% at 189lb. What about people that retain fat around their hips/legs and not abdominal area.
    "No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Interesting, pegged me at 13.5% or so which is right where the mirror tolls me is about right. Where did this formula come from?
  16. Professional Member

Yeah I ain't too worried about it. You have to consider intramuscular fat cells which could explain why my 10% looks like a tall skinny guy's 6% BF.

Regardless, at 10-12% (whatever I'm truly at), I can separate all thigh muscles, all three deltoid muscles, present striations in my chest, and have 5 out of 6 solid defined ab muscles and veins creeping out everywhere. I have no idea how sick my back looks because I can't look behind there lol.

My advice to everyone on this board - just use before and after pics to track progress. At the end of the day, it really only matters what the change in the body composition is, rather than some absolute number.
  17. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by oogaly_boogal View Post
    says im 12% but how accurate can this be? apparently I'd need to have a 29in waist to be 10% at 189lb. What about people that retain fat around their hips/legs and not abdominal area.
    Do what I did - get a DEXA scan. It reveals the exact weight in grams of your muscle, bone and fat densities for the entire body. I was able to calculate in gram and ounces how much muscle and fat I wore on each limb and how much bigger/smaller each limb was to the other (which is extremely helpful for bodybuilders).
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion

Do what I did - get a DEXA scan. It reveals the exact weight in grams of your muscle, bone and fat densities for the entire body. I was able to calculate in gram and ounces how much muscle and fat I wore on each limb and how much bigger/smaller each limb was to the other (which is extremely helpful for bodybuilders).
    Bone density scan? How do I get access?
    "No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates
  19. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by oogaly_boogal

Bone density scan? How do I get access?
    Find a lab (often colleges or hospitals) that has one. Expect to pay 100-200 for it
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL

Find a lab (often colleges or hospitals) that has one. Expect to pay 100-200 for it
    Thanks bro
  21. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Correct. My school did mine on the house because I knew the girl that did the scans. It's well worth the money spent if you really want to track your progress accurately.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Critique my body.
    By smiththrs in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-30-2013, 01:49 PM
  2. critique my full body WO
    By rothyman in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-07-2007, 05:27 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 03:18 PM