guess body fat / critique

loadcoil

loadcoil

Awards
Every time I use the calipers I get a different number. Let me know what you think body fat is and tell me if you think I need some attention to specific areas. Thanks for input in advance. Should probably add:
33 yrs old
215 lbs (up from 205 lbs at start of cycle)
5th week of third cycle / bulking

Attachments

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
your tattoo says "Egg Roll"

good job!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
given crappy cellphone pictures, no lower than 12%, no higher than 16% i'd guess.

no area really stands out as needing more attention than others to me.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
15-16%, and I'm pretty sure that's a close guess.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I tried to post this the other day but somehow it got lost. This is a very accurate formula.

He's got a cool site with a lot of useful info. Here is the formula,

For Men:
Before you use the formulas, there are two measurements that are required:

Measurement 1: Bodyweight

Measurement 2: Waist Girth (measured at the umbilicus)

Procedure:
1) Multiply your bodyweight by 1.082. Add the result to 94.42. Once your calculation is complete, save the number. à (Bodyweight x 1.082) + 94.42=Result 1

2) Multiply your waist girth by 4.15. Once you get this result, subtract it from the number obtained in step 1 (ie: Step 1 result-Step 2 result). The result obtained after the subtraction is done is your lean bodyweight (your weight if you had no fat in your body at all). à Result 1 - (Waist Girth x 4.15)= Lean Body Weight

3) Finally, subtract your lean bodyweight from your total bodyweight (Total weight-Lean Bodyweight). Once you get the result, multiply that number by 100. Once you get the result divide it by your total bodyweight. This final result is your percentage of body fat. à ((Total Bodyweight - Lean Bodyweight) x 100) divided by (Your Body Weight) = Your Percentage of Body Fat.

Example:
I weigh 190 and I have a 30.5inch waist. Therefore, step 1 is (190 x 1.082) + 94.42 = 300. Step 2 says that my lean body weight equals 300-(30.5 x 4.15)=173.425. Finally, Step 3 says that my body fat percentage is ((190-173.425) x 100) divided by 190= 8.72%.<o:p></o:p>

<tbody> </tbody>
<o:p> </o:p>

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
reallly impressive equation, hit me right on the nose at 12%

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
reallly impressive equation, hit me right on the nose at 12%
But it didn't for me. It's off by 3% for me. (I used a Dexa scan a few months ago and have only gotten leaner since)

Rommel65

Awards
Eat more!!!! Train Heavier!! You are worried about BF...LOL. Whens cross country practice? `

ToNNNNyT

Awards
But it didn't for me. It's off by 3% for me. (I used a Dexa scan a few months ago and have only gotten leaner since)
It told me that my bf is 45% when I have 4 pack showing :/
And I've checked it 3 times now

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
16.14% for me. Not too shabby (for an aspiring powerlifter, that is :) )

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
says im 12% but how accurate can this be? apparently I'd need to have a 29in waist to be 10% at 189lb. What about people that retain fat around their hips/legs and not abdominal area.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting, pegged me at 13.5% or so which is right where the mirror tolls me is about right. Where did this formula come from?

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I ain't too worried about it. You have to consider intramuscular fat cells which could explain why my 10% looks like a tall skinny guy's 6% BF.

Regardless, at 10-12% (whatever I'm truly at), I can separate all thigh muscles, all three deltoid muscles, present striations in my chest, and have 5 out of 6 solid defined ab muscles and veins creeping out everywhere. I have no idea how sick my back looks because I can't look behind there lol.

My advice to everyone on this board - just use before and after pics to track progress. At the end of the day, it really only matters what the change in the body composition is, rather than some absolute number.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
says im 12% but how accurate can this be? apparently I'd need to have a 29in waist to be 10% at 189lb. What about people that retain fat around their hips/legs and not abdominal area.
Do what I did - get a DEXA scan. It reveals the exact weight in grams of your muscle, bone and fat densities for the entire body. I was able to calculate in gram and ounces how much muscle and fat I wore on each limb and how much bigger/smaller each limb was to the other (which is extremely helpful for bodybuilders).

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
Do what I did - get a DEXA scan. It reveals the exact weight in grams of your muscle, bone and fat densities for the entire body. I was able to calculate in gram and ounces how much muscle and fat I wore on each limb and how much bigger/smaller each limb was to the other (which is extremely helpful for bodybuilders).
Bone density scan? How do I get access?

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Find a lab (often colleges or hospitals) that has one. Expect to pay 100-200 for it
Correct. My school did mine on the house because I knew the girl that did the scans. It's well worth the money spent if you really want to track your progress accurately.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Weight Loss 3
Weight Loss 5
35 and Older 29
35 and Older 24
Weight Loss 7