Tell me how fat I am

quigley

Awards
  • Established
Hi everyone,

like so many others I am after a rough consensus on what my current bf% range is. At the moment I am preparing to cut (cause i fattty fat) so just trying to gauge how many % roughly i need to drop to get to 10%.

DSC00477.JPG
DSC00471.JPG

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
I'd call you skinny fat so its hard to say. Your not a lard ass but you don't visibly have a lot of muscle (i try to say this nicely). Id guess 18-22%. Your stomach looks close to what mine did at the end of my bulk and i ended up around 20%.

You have a very similar physique to me when i first started. Have you been working out long? Im not a good body builder by any means, and i really struggled at first. Getting your nutrition right will go along way into helping you achieve you goals. This goes for when bulking and cutting. I made the mistake of doing an eat everything bulk and paid the price. I made some gains, but my cut is a pain in the ass. Lol.

quigley

Awards
  • Established
I'd call you skinny fat so its hard to say. Your not a lard ass but you don't visibly have a lot of muscle (i try to say this nicely). Id guess 18-22%. Your stomach looks close to what mine did at the end of my bulk and i ended up around 20%.

You have a very similar physique to me when i first started. Have you been working out long? Im not good body builder my any means, and i really struggled at first. Getting your nutrition right will go along way into helping you achieve you goals. This goes for when bulking and cutting. I made the mistake of doing an eat everything bulk and paid the price. I made some gains, but my cut is a pain in the ass. Lol.
Cheers mate, I'm not new to lifting, but I am new, if you know what I mean. When i was younger i dabbled for years in the gym but never anything structured and never consistent. So i guess this is my first time training hard and consistently.
As for my muscle: I understand I have a long way to go for sure. With that said, im 205lbs and 6'2 so I must have some muscle in there :D I just figure if i try to bulk at this bf% its going to end ugly so I'm gonna cut down to around 10-12% and lean bulk from there.

Planning on doing my recomp/cut with leangains IF diet and training protocols.
Will start a log soon once I've got my goals and plans in order.

Cheers,
Nate

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Skinny fat? lol that's a good term! I'd say you're easily over 20+, maybe even closer to the 25% mark because you look smooth all throughout. You have no seperation from the traps to shoulder and your hip isn't even showing a bit. So, you'll have a long road ahead of you to get to 10%. But, it's not impossible. Just train hard and watch your diet and you're on your way, bro! Good luck!

quigley

Awards
  • Established
Skinny fat? lol that's a good term! I'd say you're easily over 20+, maybe even closer to the 25% mark because you look smooth all throughout. You have no seperation from the traps to shoulder and your hip isn't even showing a bit. So, you'll have a long road ahead of you to get to 10%. But, it's not impossible. Just train hard and watch your diet and you're on your way, bro! Good luck!
*swallows pride*
thanks mate, yeah I do have a long way to go :(
My shoulders are a problem area for me, underdeveloped comparativley more than the rest of my currently underdeveloped body lol

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Eh don't worry about it! We all had to start somewhere. If you make it one of your top priorities, you'll easily drop the fat and build muscle. You're not obese or anything like that and since you trained before, there's muscle memory. MM is an awesome thing! I was in a HUGE auto accident last year and was out of the gym for 2.5 months, and when I got back, I was 180lbs, weak, and flat as heck! I slowly worked through my injuries through physical therapy and weight training, and regained all my mass back within 4 months.

quigley

Awards
  • Established
Eh don't worry about it! We all had to start somewhere. If you make it one of your top priorities, you'll easily drop the fat and build muscle. You're not obese or anything like that and since you trained before, there's muscle memory. MM is an awesome thing! I was in a HUGE auto accident last year and was out of the gym for 2.5 months, and when I got back, I was 180lbs, weak, and flat as heck! I slowly worked through my injuries through physical therapy and weight training, and regained all my mass back within 4 months.
cheers bro, I'm definately determined to see some significant improvement over the next 6-12 months. My ultimate goal is 210lbs at 8-10%, natural

So currently the guesses are 18-22 and 20-25. boy thats bad haha. i was always such a skinny bastard. dunno when i got so chubs lol

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
These are guesses though. You could purchase fat calipers or scales that measure body fat. For comparison, that photo of my back was taken at 15% body fat.

aceroni

Awards
just eat bro. put on some muscle then cut down. no offense at all, but i was SUPER skinny like that when i frst started too. i didnt eat enough.

quigley

Awards
  • Established
updated photo: two weeks into a cut, dropped 6lbs but as of yet not really seeing a change in the mirror

aceroni: Yeah thanks man, i know i need to gain some muscle for sure... thing is, i actually look pretty big in these photos compared to what i once was lol, i was REEEALLLY skinny when i first started, like same height and 30lbs lighter at least. Once im down to 10-12% plan on doing a 12 month slow bulk with a goal of 15lbs lean muscle.

DSC00517.JPG
DSC00519.JPG

lemke28

lemke28

Awards
Keep working hard!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

joeblow1

Awards
Im against people getting lean with no muscle. I believe you need to build a base before you worrk about defining it. A jacked 240 at 15 % bf looks way better than a 160 at 6 % imo. Just lift heavy no 20 rep bs, heavy loads build big muscles. In addition eat clean, and you will drop fat. Eat like the man you wanna be, not the man you are. In a couple years youll be a monster. This is a marathon not a sprint.

quigley

Awards
  • Established
Im against people getting lean with no muscle. I believe you need to build a base before you worrk about defining it. A jacked 240 at 15 % bf looks way better than a 160 at 6 % imo. Just lift heavy no 20 rep bs, heavy loads build big muscles. In addition eat clean, and you will drop fat. Eat like the man you wanna be, not the man you are. In a couple years youll be a monster. This is a marathon not a sprint.
Yeah totally understand that train of thought. Its hard cause 50% people say cut first, the other half say just keep bulking. I thought long and hard about about it, and in the end i decided to go for a recomp/cut simply because I do actually have a bit of muscle underneath (i know its hard to tell cause im so pasty and have high bf%) from training here and there over the years. I think ill be able to get 10% at around 190lbs if im successful, which won't make me all that skinny.

I figure I can rhen bulk hard for 12-18 months slow and steady from a lean base (which should only take me another 2 months to get max) and build the muscle with little fat. If i bulk now im going to end up 25% bf or more at the end... i just don't want to go there.
There are good arguments for both sides i think... I'm still kind of unsure but i figure a 2 month cut can't hurt before i try to add some mass after that right? Besides, i just bought erase and DAA haha so now i have to cut :/ haha

But i'll see how it goes, if i start looking stupid skinny ill can the cut and start a lean bulk.
I'm going leangains so kinda hoping i recomp rather than true cut. Started a log in the training forum if anyones interesting in seeing how i go

cheers,
nate

joeblow1

Awards
Yeah totally understand that train of thought. Its hard cause 50% people say cut first, the other half say just keep bulking. I thought long and hard about about it, and in the end i decided to go for a recomp/cut simply because I do actually have a bit of muscle underneath (i know its hard to tell cause im so pasty and have high bf%) from training here and there over the years. I think ill be able to get 10% at around 190lbs if im successful, which won't make me all that skinny.

I figure I can rhen bulk hard for 12-18 months slow and steady from a lean base (which should only take me another 2 months to get max) and build the muscle with little fat. If i bulk now im going to end up 25% bf or more at the end... i just don't want to go there.
There are good arguments for both sides i think... I'm still kind of unsure but i figure a 2 month cut can't hurt before i try to add some mass after that right? Besides, i just bought erase and DAA haha so now i have to cut :/ haha

But i'll see how it goes, if i start looking stupid skinny ill can the cut and start a lean bulk.
I'm going leangains so kinda hoping i recomp rather than true cut. Started a log in the training forum if anyones interesting in seeing how i go

cheers,
nate
If you eat right youll gain mass and lean up as well, but if you eat crap you get fat.