Pics...please critique

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Alright guys heres some recent pics of me. I am currently 5'9" and 182lbs and 10.5% bf. I am cutting and will be bulking in about 2 months. I would like to know what you think and what I need to really concentrate on improving and if you have any advice to help me accomplish the improvements. There are no leg pics but thats because my legs are my best part and I work my legs very hard and know its my upper body thats lacking.

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
shoulders look really good , i would say big compound pushes and pulls,
and KILL arms like once a week.
arms,chest and some lat width\ movements

you said critique, so far so good

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the response..ya my shoulders, back thickness, and legs are my strong points and my chest back width and arms are my weaker points. For my back I do pull ups, deadlifts, and bent over rows. My chest I do flat, incline, and declince dumbell press. And for arms I do barbell curls, incline db curls, hammer curls, skull crushers, dips and close grip bench press. Any changes you would make or suggestions of exercises?

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Arms are defintely my weakest point so any help in that area would be greatly appreciated.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I don't think you're very out of proportion up top, from what I can tell. I would maybe try and focus on back and bi's, get your pulling exercises down ;) What is your training style?

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
My split is:
Mon: Back/abs
Tues: chest
Wed: off
Thurs: Legs/biceps
Fri: cardio/abs
Sat: Shoulders/tri's

I usually do 3 sets for each exercise and 6-8 reps. I listed exercises I do in the post above for chest, back,and arms. I am happy with my shoulder and leg routine I would like some advice on the others though.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
That is a decent split but I would try HST training if you feel experimental, it's been working wonderfully for me! ;)

Also what's your: age, diet, supplementation like?

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Also, Jweave do you have a certain training style you would recommend I read up on and consider doing?

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Lol I posted right after you..thanks I will look into that.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
I am 21...right now I am cutting until the end of august. My diet consists of 250-300 grams of protein, 200-250g of carbs on workout days, and 100-150 on non workout days, and fat about 60g. I eat mostly clean and healthy foods. I have learned so much about diet in the last year. I have been cutting for 6 weeks and am already leaner than after my last cutting cycle last summer and I eat more. I will be bulking once tha fall semester starts so I'm trying to get things down. My supps include: whey protein, flax, sesathin, ice, body octane, multi, joint pills, vitamin c and e, fish oil, and am currently testing lipoburn for legal gear. Once I am done with the testing I will prolly end my cutting.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good overall shape,just keep banging 10lbs pounds of lean mass is a good gain in one year.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
I've done a 1t/4ad cycle for 4 weeks, m14add, and m1t(2 weeks). I have been taking time off and in the next few months wnat to do a good cycle of sledges sterile solutions.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Good overall shape,just keep banging 10lbs pounds of lean mass is a good gain in one year.
Thanks bro. 10 pounds would be nice. I don't like to do the all out bulks...I like to add muscle slowly while staying lean so 10 pounds would be nice and put me where I would like to be.

HardHatArea

Awards
Bro you look pretty good. I would recommend maybe putting some thickness on your pecs. Dumbell presses always worked well for me. You and I have the same body type. I'm 5'11 and 187lbs.

Someone recommended compound exercises. I second that.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Bro you look pretty good. I would recommend maybe putting some thickness on your pecs. Dumbell presses always worked well for me. You and I have the same body type. I'm 5'11 and 187lbs.

Someone recommended compound exercises. I second that.
Thanks bro. I agree...I have been trying to build up my pecs better..its a slow process but its coming along. I will be switching to HST pretty soon so I am excited to see how changing to this routine helps me with my gains.

LIFT2beHUGE

Awards
Compounds, compounds, and compounds man- those are key. And what helped my arms grow was hitting tri's and bi's together one day a wk and KILLING them.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think your problem is less in your training and more in your diet.

You will probably deny this, but are you one of those guys thats scared to add a little pudge on a bulk? If so, there is ways to lean bulk w/o adding much if any at all, i wouldn't mind giving the tips. If i'm way off, then completely ignore this post. =D

bulkmuscle

Awards
delts look massive!

bis could use a little more size though, hit'em hard! do some heavy concentration curls :D

good job though.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
I think your problem is less in your training and more in your diet.

You will probably deny this, but are you one of those guys thats scared to add a little pudge on a bulk? If so, there is ways to lean bulk w/o adding much if any at all, i wouldn't mind giving the tips. If i'm way off, then completely ignore this post. =D
I agree with you on most of what you posted. I know my diet is part of the problem. Up until a few months ago my diet was great and I was growing nicely but lately my diet has kind of gone down hill...part of it due to knee surgery. I start out eating a lot and I tend to hold some water when I bulk and I think its fat and then restrict cals a little and it hinders my progress. Also I have too many instances which I cheat due to being in college.
I have a good metabolism so the cheating doesn't affect me too bad but its something I've been working on. I've been trying toget my diet back in check recently. Any help would be appreciated...and thanks for the input.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
delts look massive!

bis could use a little more size though, hit'em hard! do some heavy concentration curls :D

good job though.
Thank you for the reply. I have been trying to build up my bi's and have been doing HST training the last few weeks so hopefully this can help me.

SwoleT

Awards
BB curls for biceps is a great mass builder and do heavy tricep pushdowns, skull crushers, weighted dips heavy incline bench and flat bench and decline bench and shoulder press also workes the tris. BAck works bis and foreamrms too. DEADS if you arent allready doing them will get u bigger. WHen i added them to my workout I got a lot of size. I got great shoulders and ABS ( something i hope to have one day)

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
BB curls for biceps is a great mass builder and do heavy tricep pushdowns, skull crushers, weighted dips heavy incline bench and flat bench and decline bench and shoulder press also workes the tris. BAck works bis and foreamrms too. DEADS if you arent allready doing them will get u bigger. WHen i added them to my workout I got a lot of size. I got great shoulders and ABS ( something i hope to have one day)
Thanks for the advice...I was doing deads but I switched to HST recently and didn't think I could handle those three days a week. I will do them again when I stop HST. I do skull crushers and bb curls for my arms.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Ya I have really big legs compared to the rest of my body...I don't have much fat on my legs either....but whenever I gain muscle its in my legs so thats what pushes me over 180.

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Did you cut for a further 2months after that? You look pretty lean there. I cant see a reason to cut for a month or so more from there.

Any recent pics?

I would consider doing a upper/lower split, with each bodypart being hit 2x per week, with the volume spread over the 2 workouts.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Did you cut for a further 2months after that? You look pretty lean there. I cant see a reason to cut for a month or so more from there.

Any recent pics?

I would consider doing a upper/lower split, with each bodypart being hit 2x per week, with the volume spread over the 2 workouts.
Hey I cut for a little bit more but have been bulking now for a few months. I have gained some weight and size and will post new pics when my bulking is over. I am doing each body part twice a week and am liking it so far. Right now i'm about 192-195...not sure about fat gain b/c when I eat a lot of carbs I bloat bad so it can be misleading....but if I have gained any fat I don't think its much b/c I'm still lean.

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
Awards
  • Established
I think 180 lbs is possible. I am 223-225 and I look more like 200 lbs

no regrets

Awards
like me, your arms and traps seem to be lagging a bit.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
I'll be posting them when I finish bulking in a few weeks.