BF% estimate please

jess71313

Awards
I am about to begin a cut during a deployment. It is really easy to eat clean here and I was hoping you guys could give me an initial BF% estimate. I am 5'9" and 205 lbs. Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

jess71313

Awards
77 views and no replies..... can i get a lil help with this guys and gals? I don't have a way to accurately test body fat here and am curious? Thanks all

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
17-20% possibly.

jess71313

Awards
Milas thanks man. Gotta cut some of that then...

catty66

catty66

Awards
I don't think he is that high guys. Just my opinion. I say 14 maybe 15.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
15-18%... i thought i posted this before..... i guess i didnt hit submit...

no way your 20%.... 5'9 205lbs... yea id say your above 15 but not 20

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm on the right. My brother is on the left. In that picture, I was about 13.7-14% BF 3 months ago. My brother was 2-3% lower than me hovering somewhere around 11% then just to give another rule of thumb...

249451_808351829680_38914592_37874594_7056141_n.jpg

If I were to guess..I'd say you are 16% in that picture. Granted, I have no idea what kind of water weight you carry either. I do know however that in my picture I was carrying LOTS of water weight that whole weekend so to be honest my 13.7% BF measurement often looked a bit leaner than that even..

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Yup.. 15-16% with the pic as the only reference.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah but you^ dont have as much LBM as him, so many factors to calculate- pics are not the best way at all, but if i had to guess- 17%

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Oh yeah, he's def around the 20 mark. I'm 5'10" 200lbs and I'm a lot leaner than that at 13% (skin fold) right now. He's nowhere near 14%.

catty66

catty66

Awards
I am 10.5% (dunk tank) in my avi. And he is the same height and weight as me. I think I look leaner, but not almost twice as lean. If anything, he looks lighter than 205. But what the f do I know. It's hard to tell from just one pic.

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, he's def around the 20 mark. I'm 5'10" 200lbs and I'm a lot leaner than that at 13% (skin fold) right now. He's nowhere near 14%.
Yea but hes shorter and weighs more which = looks fatter. I say hes around 17.. if he lost about 16 pounds of pure bf (7%bf) I think his abs would start to show.

At any rate.. putting an objective number on it isnt important, its what you look like in the mirror IMO

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Well you guys are all assuming things, If you can't see his legs than you can't tell anything absolutely nothing. Whether or not he's an android (apple shaped) or gynecoid (pear shaped) makes a difference.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Moral of the story is you've got some pudge you could lose, bf% numbers are kind of pointless, you're either happy or not. Target a "look" and add/subtract calories to get there. Diet is 70% of the challenge IMO. Best of luck, and thanks for serving.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Moral of the story is you've got some pudge you could lose, bf% numbers are kind of pointless, you're either happy or not. Target a "look" and add/subtract calories to get there. Diet is 70% of the challenge IMO. Best of luck, and thanks for serving.
Yes, Yes and Yes. Amen.

VeeSix

Awards
I'm saying around 16%BF. Looks similar to my chest/stomach at the moment which is coming in roughly 15-16%.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
im saying 15-17 prolly high 15s

dunhill225

dunhill225

Awards
As was said... What diff does some number make? You have this think hanging in several rooms in your home...bathroom, bedroom, maybe closet door, etc ... Go by that.

If its really important then just go by whatever YOU THINK you are and add 5%. Most are way off I regards to themselves.

Peace.