Am I 20% BF? Beginner

Beckenbauer

Awards
hey guys,
i'm starting at the gym and they made me an evaluation, and my BF was 20%...
can i have a BF estimate?
DSC00521.JPG
DSC00519.JPG
DSC00520.JPG

should i start losing some fat before bulk up or should i bulk up and think about losing fat later?

(sorry about my english, i'm brazilian)

thx

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bulk up with a clean diet .. cardio + abs workout everyday ..on off days just do abs at home

Beckenbauer

Awards
thanks, should i do cardio + abs and my regular workout in different times?

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
You should only have to do abs twice a week at most, I'm not sure what the above poster is talking about. One of the big myths about abs is that quantity = quality. Read as much as you can about mastering your diet, and work hard in the gym and abs won't be an issue. Your real ab development is going to come from stabilization work on exercises like heavy squats.

Beckenbauer

Awards
thanks bro,
but the BF you think it's right?
and so, i go clean bulk, and then i lose fat after?

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks bro,but the BF you think it's right?and so, i go clean bulk, and then i lose fat after?
it don't look like ure 20%Ure clean bulk will result into fat loss = muscle gain with good weight training How do you plan on training ? Smith machines or free weights ?

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
Did you read the rest of the sentence? The sentence said that it is a myth that quantity of exercise equals quality of abs. That's fine if you don't believe me, but I would be willing to bet that I have much more experience with this than you do. Keep doing your thousands of crunches and see how that works out for you.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Did you read the rest of the sentence? The sentence said that it is a myth that quantity of exercise equals quality of abs. That's fine if you don't believe me, but I would be willing to bet that I have much more experience with this than you do. Keep doing your thousands of crunches and see how that works out for you.
crunches do work for quality of abs

i do it all the time.... matched with a good diet and some sprints, i have no problem getting down to 8% bf

Beckenbauer

Awards
Free weights...some squats, deadlifts, bench presses.
i will read more about training and post my routine in training log area.

thx

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
If you want abs, you can crunch till the cow's come home or run until your legs fall off. Not necessary. Diet controls all. NUFF SAID

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
If you want abs, you can crunch till the cow's come home or run until your legs fall off. Not necessary. Diet controls all. NUFF SAID
i agree to an extent... but i also disagree

-when you increase blood flow to a muscle group during exercise, the high level of adrenal hormones in the blood stream act forcefully on the fat tissue surrounding the working muscle. This increase allows the proximity fat deposits to be broken down quickly and used as an energy source by the working muscle....

so youre wrong... but if your diet isnt in check, your beat

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Like I said before my man, you can crunch UNTIL THE COWS COME HOME, or run till your legs fall off but you will not get abs. NUff said = There is no arguement, it's 100% true. HAHA you can't spot reduce my friend, quit reading childrens books! Oh BTW, there's your response.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Like I said before my man, you can crunch UNTIL THE COWS COME HOME, or run till your legs fall off but you will not get abs. NUff said = There is no arguement, it's 100% true. HAHA you can't spot reduce my friend, quit reading childrens books! Oh BTW, there's your response.
Children's books? That just came straight out of the NSCA book...You didn't even address any of the points I made in my last post.... while spot reduction isn't possible, something LIKE it is.... BTW I think I would know, I've been as low as 4% bf and I'm a trainer.... Your probably some smelly high-school kid going around parroting bullshiit with nothing to back what you say.. please address my last post

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today must be a day for threads to derail...

OP, I wouldn't guess that you're 20%, but it depends on what you weigh. If you're smaller, then it makes sense.

What I'm getting at is that you don't look like you have tons of fat to lose; and it shouldn't be too terribly difficult to make some positive changes.

Beckenbauer

Awards
Today must be a day for threads to derail...

OP, I wouldn't guess that you're 20%, but it depends on what you weigh. If you're smaller, then it makes sense.

What I'm getting at is that you don't look like you have tons of fat to lose; and it shouldn't be too terribly difficult to make some positive changes.
hey bro, i'm 148lb and 175cm height...
some cardio with workouts will help me put some mass and lose some fat?
i'm trying to do what they said before...some cardio (twice per week) with workout (i'll put my workout routine on workout log, soon)

thx

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey bro, i'm 148lb and 175cm height...
some cardio with workouts will help me put some mass and lose some fat?
i'm trying to do what they said before...some cardio (twice per week) with workout (i'll put my workout routine on workout log, soon)

thx
At your size, I'd work mostly on putting on mass, even though they put your BF% at 20. The reason I'd personally do that is because you should be able to burn some decent fat at the same time. Just lift heavy, keep intensity up (rest time down) and add in cardio when applicable. I wouldn't go with a set number so to speak; just do it based on how you feel and your results.

Beckenbauer

Awards
At your size, I'd work mostly on putting on mass, even though they put your BF% at 20. The reason I'd personally do that is because you should be able to burn some decent fat at the same time. Just lift heavy, keep intensity up (rest time down) and add in cardio when applicable. I wouldn't go with a set number so to speak; just do it based on how you feel and your results.
thx bro,
i post my routine at workout logs...

dragevo

Banned
Awards
What midwestbeast said. Your bodyfat is high because your lean mass is so low. If you add more mass your BF% will be lower because it is a percent of total body mass. Plus as a newbie you can build muscle and lose some fat. Lift heavy and hard, dont sacrifice form for weight and eat, eat, eat.

bigbumpkin

Awards
  • Established
"Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym."

some Arnold dude said this once