26lbs shed in 2 months - before and after pics

Romac

Romac

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Although I didn’t hit my goal, I am surprised I got as close as I did. I set a retarded goal to drive myself as hard as I could, and I am extremely pleased with the results. I am amazed at what can be done in 2 months. I have learned much about weight training, fat storage and burning, and most of all, nutrition. This has been a fitness epiphany for me. I always thought to get lean and stay lean you had to be willing to do hours and hours of cardio per week, every week, forever. Now I see clearly that this is not so. To shed fat quickly you have to do cardio, there’s no way around it. But to stay lean once you get there is mainly diet. Eating the right foods, in the right quantities, and at the right times, combined with weight training is all that is needed to stay lean. Diet and timing is 80% of the equation, and weight training 20%.

Since I’ve started this fat-loss cycle, I have learned to conquer impulsive eating, and it’s a very, very powerful feeling. I no longer impulsively eat. Eating is mechanical now. Do I still enjoy good food? Sure I do, but I am in charge now. If the food doesn’t serve a specific function that I am consciously aware of, you can pretty much bet it will not find its way into my mouth. I just don’t care. Hunger has never been an issue. I never get hungry. My problem has always been impulsive eating. The satisfaction I get from having abs is far greater than the satisfaction I get by eating a bag of salt and vinegar chips (mmmmmmmm…salt and vinegar chips). And that, in a nutshell, is the decision I make to control what I eat. “Do I want abs, or do I want this Twinkie?� It’s a simple question. Abs or Twinkie? Do I want to look like a god, or eat this plate of nachos? For me, the choice is clear.
<O:p
To see my diet and fat-loss diary look here: http://rmackie40.home.comcast.net/FatLossDiary.doc

Now the before and after photos:

Attachments

ass2grass

Awards
good fucking job buddy
you should give yourself a pat on the back

Romac

Romac

Awards
  • First Up Vote
good fucking job buddy
you should give yourself a pat on the back
Thanks man,
I'd say something nasty about trying to give myself something else, but i'll save it for the trash board (bb.com) :twisted:

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Great job Romac. What a transformation! I need to get my ass that dedicated. I can see an outline of my abs, which I have never seen before. Your pics may be what motivates me to kick this deal in gear.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn bro you should of done that for one of the diet products. I see them using peoples pics that didn't make half the transformation that you did.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great job and thanks for the link to your whole plan. Seems you got dedicated and motivation. Grats on your accomplishment. Now if I can only drop the twinkie and salt and vinigar chips :)

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Awesome job.. you really did kick ass transformation

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
what are those tats? i can't make them out from the picture, anyway you did a great job.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
As everybody has said, congrats! Your success is really inspiring!

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Great job bro you can really tell you busted ass on this one. Keep up the diet :thumbsup:

bigmark1972

Board Supporter
Awards
Wow from Zero to Hero in 2 mos you really look 100% better INCREDIBLE job!

I need to do this same thing, I have this reverse anorexia thing going on, it's always after another 10 lbs lol.

Again, great work!

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Awesome work.

ManBeast

kmac6225

king of useless information!!!
Awards
  • Established
a-mazing Romac...This has to be one of the best transformations I've seen someone make in a loooong time. Congrats

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
you can really tell you busted ass on this one.
Really, I couldn't tell he farted from the pics. Guess that's why you were chosen to be part of the Mod Squad. :rofl:

toastynoodles

Board Supporter
Awards
Nice that's a kick ass change there budy!!!!

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wow.

You should send the before/afters to stacker 2, etc (all the shitty commercial weight-loss supps) and claim you used their products and give them permission to use your pic for $$ :)

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Wow thats great work bro...congrats on the progress.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
WOW, that is amazing !!! Congratulations and keep it up !

Romac

Romac

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thanks everyone for the responses.

Sorry i have not been back to reply but for some weird reason i didn't get any emails so i didn't think anyone replied.

It's been one week since the end of that cutting cycle and I am maintaining LBM and BF. I am planning to start a clean bulk at the end of next week. I am ramping up my calories every day until then.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
question.....

how the hell did you manage to stay alive through the times when you were at 1500 cals or less/day?

Romac

Romac

Awards
  • First Up Vote
question.....

how the hell did you manage to stay alive through the times when you were at 1500 cals or less/day?
ha ha ha i get that question asked a lot over at bb.com boards

I read an article 2 days ago that says we need to eat 1200 calories per day to stay alive! ha ha ha what a crock of crap!

the answer to your question is a wonderful invention....fat

Even at this level of fat i still have about 15lbs of juicy fat to fuel my activities. Not that i could burn all of it before i died, but if i burned 10lbs of it that would equal 35000 calories...about enough for 29 days @ 1200 per day.

fat...you gotta love it :)

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
That is a great transformation, especially because it seems you have kept all muscle if not added some in the process. Studying pays off in many aspects of life, huh? ;)

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
very very nice guy. definitely some work put in cardio and diet. you deserve the praise you've been getting on this thread. :thumbsup:
Sage

Romac

Romac

Awards
  • First Up Vote
very very nice guy. definitely some work put in cardio and diet. you deserve the praise you've been getting on this thread. :thumbsup:
Sage
thanks mods! :)

I'm already up to 2800-3000 calories and starting my bulk routine. As of now i weigh 176 (gained 4lbs from creatine) and my fat is the same.

Stay tuned for round 2...Romac's bulk :)

AnaSCI.org

Awards
Congrats man! you really did a hell of a job in two months!

Havok

Awards
what were your starting stats
height weight etc
and your ending stats

Romac

Romac

Awards
  • First Up Vote
what were your starting stats
height weight etc
and your ending stats
34 years old
5'10"
completely sedentary for 2 years, and have not lifted a weight in over 8 years
198lbs june 1st @ 20%bf
172lbs july 31st @ 10% bf

The aftermath...

I am now up to 183lbs and all my skinfolds have stayed the same, which puts me at 183lbs @ 9% bf (I have tracked creatine water/glycogen weight and believe that 4lbs of my new gains are from that)...i am about 3 weeks into my first bulk and am eating about 3500 calories per day (BARF!) :D And i have yet to take any anabolics other than food :)

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
34 years old
5'10"
completely sedentary for 2 years, and have not lifted a weight in over 8 years
198lbs june 1st @ 20%bf
172lbs july 31st @ 10% bf

The aftermath...

I am now up to 183lbs and all my skinfolds have stayed the same, which puts me at 183lbs @ 9% bf (I have tracked creatine water/glycogen weight and believe that 4lbs of my new gains are from that)...i am about 3 weeks into my first bulk and am eating about 3500 calories per day (BARF!) :D And i have yet to take any anabolics other than food :)
Thats great bro..keep up the good work... :thumbsup:

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
You da man! Awesome job....You actually look younger in the 2nd pic bro!

hethcliff

Awards
  • Established
was this weight loss assisted at all? with clen or t3 or anything along the lines of thermogenics?

either way man fucking awesome. don't think i'm trying to take anything away from you. great work.

oldfart

oldfart

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
2 months?

You gotta be jackin me!

Friggin unbelievable!

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man,
I'd say something nasty about trying to give myself something else, but i'll save it for the trash board (bb.com) :twisted:
Great job! 2 months? I'll definatley be checking out your log. ;)

BTW, I may have missed it, but what was your before and after BF%?

houseofpainhulk

Awards
**** man good job, what the hell was your chest routine

Raj

Awards
This is undoutedly the greatest transformation I've ever seen in my life in such a short time. Great work and a good example to fatties like me

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
fucking three cheers for you man, those are some serious results!

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
like everyone has said, unbelievable job.

what kind of assistance did you use? any anabolics, PH's, thermogenics? or was it just good old diet and cardio. because those are damn impressive results for two months.

also, where you experiancing any serious metabolic slowdown after having your calories so low for so long?

spenceryap

Banned
Awards
Excellent work. Why don't you include the assisted ergogenic aids that were also used to help you.

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
Awards
  • Established
Holy **** :blink:

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This looks more like a 6-12 month transformation. Just shows dedication pays off

30th T/A

Banned
Awards
unfreaking real guy!!!! you could write a book on this. what did your lifting routine look like?

im trying somthing similar to what you did , im 5'10" and 177 @ around 14% bf in the morning with just boxers on. ive been eating about 1800-1900cal..260-280g protein, 130ish carbs and 50ish fat. i think im going to lower the calories now after reading this.

what is your waist measurements around the flabbiest part?