bodyfat estimate?

redman24

redman24

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hi,
i was having a discussion on a german forum about my bf%. people where saying that i am not as low as the caliper reading says. bodyfat is generally estimated very differently in germany vs. us.
so i was wondering how you would rate my bf%.
thanks for any help

Attachments

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, i'd say about the same. It doesn't look like you are carrying a ton of mass though, so its much harder to guess.

redman24

redman24

Banned
Awards
  • Established
strange. when i posted pictures with much more bodyfat i got much lower guesses... doesnt seem to make sense.
i am about 200 pounds at 6 feet. maybe the picture doesnt show that accurately.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats definitely possible. The lighting could be washing out some of the definition + vascularity, and the posing could be doing some of that as well.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would have guessed 11-14 for those pics just fyi. but who cares what the % is, your goals should be a visual goal, a look + size you want, not an arbitrary %.

redman24

redman24

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i realize this, its just that there is really not much more to loose, my skinfolds are just a few mm, but apparently it doesnt look like that. if i look 10% at 6% then basically im ****ed... lol

thanks for help anyways

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But if thats how you want to look, then who cares if its 6,8,12 or 18%?

redman24

redman24

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well what i meant is i want to achieve something close to competition shape and if i dont have it at 6% then there is really no way to get it besides maybe taking diuretics which i dont want to do.
then again, the pciture isnt all that great ;-)

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
i realize these are way too small and all but i am much much fatter in these, and see the guesses..

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/165600-bodyfat-guesstimate.html
Maybe they said you were leaner because your pictures are stupidly small?

I would say 11% in your top pic, need more body shot tell be able to tell if you are leaner or not. Lets see the legs, if you have clear definition between vastus medialis, vastus lateralis, etc then you would be about 8-9% if you have veins in calves and thighs about 6-7%.
It is easy to fudge numbers when you don't take proper pictures so get some good pics :)

That last pic is a bit better, I would say 8-9% off of it but it is really going to come down more to the lower body than upper. Guys typically hold the fat in the lower body more than the upper and the bf% is an average of your entire body not just the nice lean spots. If it was then we could all say we are 2-4% bf based on our piece ;)

If you want to be close to competition shape then fully visible hams from the back side are what you need. That would have you around 5-6%

redman24

redman24

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yes, i will be posting pictures of various posing in hopefully good lighting on the weekend. my legs dont hold much fat at all but i have always had problems with vascularity. i have "thick" skin.
taking a natural diuretic right now and hoping i will get what i want by the weekend. i am really just doing this to see what i can look like, normally i am more interested in strength than bodycomposition. caliper reading shows 6%, thats why i was getting slightly frustrated...

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
you guys are all nuts... he's definately under 10%, I'd say closer to 8-9%

Some pretty decent seperation going on there, and i'm sure he's not dehydrated which makes a huge difference

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards

Some pretty decent seperation going on there, and i'm sure he's not dehydrated which makes a huge difference
Yeah, I'd guesstimate around 8-9% because you can see his obliques pretty well. When over 10% you won't see 'em that defined.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
This formula seems to be amazingly accurate.

For Men:
Before you use the formulas, there are two measurements that are required:

Measurement 1: Bodyweight

Measurement 2: Waist Girth (measured at the umbilicus)

Procedure:
1) Multiply your bodyweight by 1.082. Add the result to 94.42. Once your calculation is complete, save the number. à (Bodyweight x 1.082) + 94.42=Result 1

2) Multiply your waist girth by 4.15. Once you get this result, subtract it from the number obtained in step 1 (ie: Step 1 result-Step 2 result). The result obtained after the subtraction is done is your lean bodyweight (your weight if you had no fat in your body at all). à Result 1 - (Waist Girth x 4.15)= Lean Body Weight

3) Finally, subtract your lean bodyweight from your total bodyweight (Total weight-Lean Bodyweight). Once you get the result, multiply that number by 100. Once you get the result divide it by your total bodyweight. This final result is your percentage of body fat. à ((Total Bodyweight - Lean Bodyweight) x 100) divided by (Your Body Weight) = Your Percentage of Body Fat.

Example:
I weigh 190 and I have a 30.5inch waist. Therefore, step 1 is (190 x 1.082) + 94.42 = 300. Step 2 says that my lean body weight equals 300-(30.5 x 4.15)=173.425. Finally, Step 3 says that my body fat percentage is ((190-173.425) x 100) divided by 190= 8.72%.

bill86

bill86

Awards
  • Established
this guy definitely isnt in double digits.... i remember reading somewhere a while back that you need to be around 8 or less for your abs to show. and like someone said, even his obliques are showing well.

less than 10 no question

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
this guy definitely isnt in double digits.... i remember reading somewhere a while back that you need to be around 8 or less for your abs to show. and like someone said, even his obliques are showing well.

less than 10 no question
No true. My profile pic was taken about a month ago and I was 12% (skin caliper) but my abs show. But like I said earlier, I think he's def around that 8-9% mark.

bill86

bill86

Awards
  • Established
No true. My profile pic was taken about a month ago and I was 12% (skin caliper) but my abs show. But like I said earlier, I think he's def around that 8-9% mark.
who took your measurements? youve gotta be very precise to get an accurate reading.

i remember getting mine done at 8.9% a while back (above that now) and my abs still didnt show... i just dont think i have the genetics for a 6 pack haha

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established

LOL ... yeah I agree. He's leaner than me!! :aargh:

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
wow lose some weight fat boy :)

You look quite lean to me. As mentioned, go by the mirror more than BF measurements.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
who took your measurements? youve gotta be very precise to get an accurate reading.

i remember getting mine done at 8.9% a while back (above that now) and my abs still didnt show... i just dont think i have the genetics for a 6 pack haha
LOL so you're saying that you're 8.9% bf and can't see abs?! I think I should be asking you who took your measurements, bro! There's no way that's possible! Period. 8.9% is LEAN!!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
LOL so you're saying that you're 8.9% bf and can't see abs?! I think I should be asking you who took your measurements, bro! There's no way that's possible! Period. 8.9% is LEAN!!
Yeah... considering that many people show Abs at 12% and lower... would be pretty hard to believe that at 9% you didnt have some form of abs. My abs were damn near showing at 14%

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Yeah... considering that many people show Abs at 12% and lower... would be pretty hard to believe that at 9% you didnt have some form of abs. My abs were damn near showing at 14%
Yup, at 12% I can see six of mine.

rush808

rush808

Awards
i'd say 10 ish, but the pics dont help.

abs showing at 8? that's ridiculous. there is more to abs showing then BF, although it is the big factor. Someone with developed ab musles will show abs around 12%.

I think most ppl have been guess-timating less then they are.

Canadianguy

Canadianguy

Awards
id say 10 at the most, and shave ur forearms!! lol.
but seriously it would help to show off some veins:)

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
Do NOT shave your forearms for any reason...lol. You look good, probably 7-8% IMO. A little body hair would make you look even more like a man though...

shocknyou

shocknyou

Awards
if you want to know your % go to your local college and speak with a exercise physiologist professor teaching exercise testing and offer to be a lab rat for his/her students to test. when the dunk you in the pool you will know the best estimate.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bell1986 Weight Loss 25
Bulking 3
Pics 17
Anabolics 29
Pics 13