260 down to 180 up to 200

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
Well, everyone else is doing it, so I thought I would too. These are me at my heaviest, lightest, and current weight. Ideally, I'd like to stay around 200, but a leaner 200. Trying to recomp now, actually...

2008, about 260 lbs.

Earlier this year, 180 lbs.

Dec. 2010, 200 lbs.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
awesome

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
I only wear the gloves for a few things, but I've got to have them. My hands are falling apart bad enough even with them and I'm an artist by trade, so I need my hands a little bit...

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
Nice work mate!!! Keep it up, your killing it!!!!

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn looking good brother! May I ask what finally got you inspired to drop the weight?

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
whoa dude, great job! also, you look like christian bale in that last pic

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
Damn looking good brother! May I ask what finally got you inspired to drop the weight?
I was really skinny growing up and could get away with eating a lot because I was very active, but as I got older I just kept getting bigger and bigger. I guess I just reached my breaking point and couldn't stand being a fat ass anymore. My ego wouldn't allow it.

TehProdigy

TehProdigy

Awards
  • Established
congratulations man, looking a LOT better, keep it up!

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
incredible transformation. any specific supplements help you out?

are these p90x results.?

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Rockin' bro! Inspiring! I am going to link this one to a friend.

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
incredible transformation. any specific supplements help you out?

are these p90x results.?
I did some P90X, Insanity, weights, martial arts, regular ass cardio...I've tried just about everything. I tried a cycle of Epi while gaining weight, but didn't take anything on the way down.

boricuarage

boricuarage

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I got to admit bro, when I saw the first pic I was like here we go another fat ass with no changes in there pic. Scrolled more down and I was amazed with your 180 and then 200....
Looking tight bro, keep it going.. and keep the ****ing gloves!!

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thats a crazy transformation, and you look strong at 200, thats where Id keep it. I love being a little heavy and recomp. Thats where all the gains are at while still lookin BEEF. nice dude

and I second on the gloves, hopefully on the christmas list. for now, calous.

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the kind words, everyone! 200 is probably where I'll try to stay for a while. I'm going to stay in recomp mode until next winter, most likely, then decide if it's worth bulking again. My approach to this is more practical/sport/performance based, so I'm not trying to look huge like some of the guys here...not that there's anything wrong with it. It's just not me.

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
these do look like p90x results.

uncle tony and the kids know what there doing and is an excellent program for anyone IMO!

if you watch those vids your sure to get a laugh as well. great stuff man keep on rippin it you evolve.

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
Had a good lifting day today and snapped a couple pics.

maddbomber

Awards
2560 to 180 with no loose skin or stretch marks? very lucky....great transformation

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
I have some loose skin and stretch marks around my stomach, but it's not terrible. It's only bothersome when I lean over without a shirt on.

maddbomber

Awards
I have some loose skin and stretch marks around my stomach, but it's not terrible. It's only bothersome when I lean over without a shirt on.
just now saw you were 6'4" that probably explains a lot of it....you could carry the 260 better than most

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha good lord your tall... anyways, yea man I know what you mean about athletic performance, I like being big, but being functional. Im still an athlete so thats number one. or at least I tell myself that, I just like gettin crazy sometimes. anyways, lookin beast man, hopefully this summer Ill hit up a big bulk after seasons over. the only stretch marks I have are on my shoulder :(

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
I'm sitting on about 195 as of this morning, following a low/no carb day. It was nice to wake up and see my abs, even if it's just a little bit. Here are some pics I took post shoulder & arm workout.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
lookin solid brotha keep it up!

KBD

KBD

Awards
  • Established
Awesome results man, congrads.

Alot of people would kill to lose that much weight and look that lean.

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
Thanks! I'm not satisfied yet, though...

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
It is said, "Thou shalt not neglect thy wheels." I believe that's in the Apocrypha...

spimp187

Awards
Nice work man. You should do the P90X pose like on the commercials - the little asian guy who weighs about a buck 25 does it.

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
Nice work man. You should do the P90X pose like on the commercials - the little asian guy who weighs about a buck 25 does it.
Well if it's good enough for him...

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I'm sitting on about 195 as of this morning, following a low/no carb day. It was nice to wake up and see my abs, even if it's just a little bit. Here are some pics I took post shoulder & arm workout.

Hey I didn't know Christian Bale was on this forum.

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
down to 192. I guess I'd call this an accidental cut. I've been really busy the past few weeks and kept up on all my workouts, but not the calories. Argh.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Awesome fxcking transformation bro! Id love to see what your diet and workouts are like

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
I've changed both diet and routine a lot depending on my specific goals and just because I've learned new things. My diet right now is very clean, but very high calories (4-5k) on lifting days. Strength stuff (basically 5/3/1) M/T/TH/F with HIIT or intense cardio each of those nights. I also do some lighter cardio, TRX, or core work on Weds. and Sat., but not at the same level as the other days. Those days are also low carb and as a result, lower calorie for me.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Nice! I finally said fxck it and decided that i want more of an anthletic physique and not just being big. Started a mix of weight lifting m/w/f and the insanity workout 5-6 days a week. We'll see how this goes hahaha

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
I love Insanity, but the schedule is a little ridiculous. I wouldn't do it back to back days, personally. If I do Insanity one night, I'm doing some heavy bag or upper body work on my X-Factor for cardio the next night. I think doing it almost every day makes it very hard for your legs to recover.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
I love Insanity, but the schedule is a little ridiculous. I wouldn't do it back to back days, personally. If I do Insanity one night, I'm doing some heavy bag or upper body work on my X-Factor for cardio the next night. I think doing it almost every day makes it very hard for your legs to recover.
No doubt! **** really tears my calves up!

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
Me at 190 lbs. Not sure if I should go up or down from here, or just stay the same. I'll never be a true body builder, but I do like looking (and being) strong, as long as I'm not giving up speed and endurance to do it.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Damn dude! Lookin lean as fxck in that side profile

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
195 lbs this morning. My diet has been 90% clean, but I still can't decide if I want to bulk, cut, recomp, or just coast...so I've been all over the scale the past few weeks.

CarterMalone

CarterMalone

Awards
Well, if your not sure what to do, I would say just eat healthy, keep working out, stay agile, and don't worry about a thing. Thats an excellent transformation you should be really proud of yourself.

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys! As of right now, I'm just doing mini-bulks and cuts. I eat pretty much the same all the time, but I'm going a couple weeks with fairly minimal cardio, then a couple weeks hitting it super hard, so my weight goes back and forth between about 190 and close to 200. If I get to where I'm in single digit body fat at the upper end of that, I'll probably start letting the bulks go to about 205.

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
I'm slightly embarrassed that I did this, but not enough to keep from sharing it with you all. Tip of the day: Make time to celebrate your inner douche.

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
No abs at the moment, but my performance is way up.