New here...requesting a little help

sureletsrace

Awards
Hello everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this.

I'm looking to bulk up a little bit, right now I'm 6'3" 220lbs. My body fat I'm sure is pretty high, I've not got a whole lot of muscle mass. I've got a big, broad build that could definitely hold more muscle, so I'm ready to take the plunge. I don't have an extensive workout history, just 5-6 years ago working out in high school for football. I've been pretty lax since then, so I'm probably not very strong.

I'm going all natural. I'd like to be at about 235lbs with about a 15% body fat. Nothing too drastic. I would like to get big but I don't want to be ripped. I want just a little definition. Don't really care about my abs being very visible or anything. Just the right grooves and lines in the right places, with a lot of strength behind it.

I'd like it if there is anyone at about my desired height/weight/bf% that has got a pic or two that I could look at to see if it's an accurate depiction of what I'm really looking for. Maybe I want to bulk up to 250? I don't really know at this point.

Any help is SOOOO appreciated.

-Rich

ZamaMan

ZamaMan

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Highl reccomend you cut first than bulk. Bulking while chubby sucks because you get To the point of feeling nasty fast. Though I feel nasty fat at 16 percent so it's all mental.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol deep Jay ;)
Rosie has some good articles about fat loss. Make sure you're doing your compound exercises, you need to cut away the fat before really trying to get jacked.

sureletsrace

Awards
I just did my first workout today. Did bi's/tri's.

Bench 3x15 @ 100lbs
Curls 3x15 @ 25lbs
Tri curls(?) 3x15 @ 25lbs
Pulldowns 3x15 @ 70lbs
Forearms 3x15 @ 15lbs
Pushups 3x15

10min jog

I'm outta shape, this really whipped my ass. Is this the right direction to go in?

Hondaman1010

Hondaman1010

Awards
I just did my first workout today. Did bi's/tri's.

Bench 3x15 @ 100lbs
Curls 3x15 @ 25lbs
Tri curls(?) 3x15 @ 25lbs
Pulldowns 3x15 @ 70lbs
Forearms 3x15 @ 15lbs
Pushups 3x15

10min jog

I'm outta shape, this really whipped my ass. Is this the right direction to go in?
That not really a bi/tri workout more of a short all around upper body workout.

I would youtube some bi/tri work out routines so you can get an idea of what you want to try.
Also I would do more like 8-10 reps and go heavier on the weights.