my specs..wat are urs? - AnabolicMinds.com

my specs..wat are urs?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  217 lbs.

my specs..wat are urs?

hey fellas, old member, first post..
    well i have been lifting about about 5 years now, and have really been getting into it the last couple of months. im 18 now, and well, here are my specs:

5'7
    190lbs
    arms 18in
    neck 18 in
    legs- 25 in
    chest-50 in

bench- 245 x 6 reps
    db shoulder press- 105 (each hand) x 6 reps
    db bench- 120 (each hand) x 8 reps

am i missing anything?

and here are a few pics from a few months ago...
    more to come...

tell me wat u think
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by xdexterdaix; 04-24-2004 at 04:54 PM.

2. Board Supporter

legs? what kinda numbers are you pulling for squats/deadlifts?
  3. king of useless information!!!

yeh bro lets see the wheels
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  217 lbs.

some more recent pics

i dont really work my legs as hard as my upper body, a bad habit i need to break, but here are some more pics

tell me what u think
    Attached Images Attached Images   
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

If your legs are really as weak as you say they are, that's all I can tell you to work on, everything else looks pretty decently proportioned.

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  6. Board Supporter

nice bathroom...now where're the leg pics dex...and you definately need to work on your lower back some...
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by zeromagnus
    nice bathroom...now where're the leg pics dex...and you definately need to work on your lower back some...

Ditto. Doing so will launch to the next level very quickly. I used to be the same way..all upper body training with no squats or deads. Once I started I jumped up about 20 pounds in weight.

Gotta build the foundation before the rest of the house.
  8. IBE Representative

not being a dick...but you sure those are 18" arms or is that fully pumped?

i agree w/ everyone else on the wheels
  9. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by JonBlaze639
    not being a dick...but you sure those are 18" arms or is that fully pumped?

i agree w/ everyone else on the wheels
    I was going to make the same comment earlier...I just didn't want to be the first one to be a dick. LOL
  10. Board Supporter

i must agree...i dont believe you on the 18" arms...definately not 18" cold...let's see a tape measure pic dex...
  11. Board Supporter

oh yeah...and if you were my weightlifting partner, you would have no choice but to do legs...you would do them until you liked them...or until you stopped fighting me and coming up w/ stupid excuses like "i gotta throw discus tomorrow"

Easy fellas....I think he looks pretty good for being only 18 yrs. old. I know what I was doing when I was 18, and it wasn't lifting weights.

Good job bro, keep it up and by 20 yrs. old, you'll be something else....I only wish I could have taken advantage of that age bracket then....
  13. Board Supporter

also, are you getting enough protein dex? you should be getting somewhere around 300g/day...
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  217 lbs.

ill take some more pics towards mid week,
    but as for supplements, after i finished the bag the u helped my buy (erik) of ON whey , which was about 6 months ago, i havent gotten anything else..so im pretty much living off chicken breast and skim milk.
    ohh yeah, and ive been taking creatine on and off, but nothing more than that
    and as for the arms and the rest of the measurement, those were taken pumped.

and i have a new PR, today i bench after almosting kickin one of my suitemate's arse, and i jumped to

265 x 5

all the adreanline, i guess...maybe i should pick fights more often
    but erik knows i wouldnt hurt a fly
    Last edited by xdexterdaix; 04-26-2004 at 02:21 AM.
  15. IBE Representative

you have a good base dude, especially at 18.

if i can make a recommendation it is to go to fitday.com (its free) and log in your daily food, and see where you're at on protein and calories and such. I can almost 100% tell you that chicken breast and skim milk is not nearly enough protein and by using fitday you can see what you need to increase. It should do wonders.
  16. IBE Representative

oh and another thing. try to have someone else take your measurements, perferablly someone who knows what they are doing.

Dont get me wrong, i hate to keep dwelling on this, and i'm not trying to be a dick. I mean i dont doubt you legitimately tried to take your measurements, and although they were taken pumped, a 50" chest on someone who is 5'7" looks a bit different than your pictures

once again, not trying to be a dick, but i'd have my measurements retaken, not pumped by someone who knows what they are doing. The main reason being it is a good way to have an idea where you actually are currently and how much progress you're making.
  17. Board Supporter

yeah...give us a side chest shot so we can see this massive 50" chest
  18. Board Sponsor

I'm 5'-9", same weight, the same measurements or even more.. Not a flame, but I don't feel you have a 50" chest.. Buy a MyoTape, you can measure yourself better with that..

Looking good so far, though!
  19. Advanced Member

Myotape will definitly be of assistance to ya. I dont even see 18" in your neck let alone 50" in your chest.
  20. Senior Member

I do have to say this. At 18 years old, you have built yourself a good base. I wish I had the knowledge and/or advice back when I was 18 to have trained properly. The internet was even around for the general public back then. Hell, computers hardly were too. Damn, I'm dating myself here.

Anyways, stick with it and take the advice from those who are knowledgeable here.

Whats a myotape and where can I get one???
  22. IBE Representative

myotape is just a measuring tape which makes it easier to measure than just a tape measure. 1fast sells one here. dunno who else does

http://www.1fast400.com/?products_id=574

if you plan on buying one but dont have a way to measure fat i'd grab this combo. It's some fat calipers plus a myotape.

http://www.1fast400.com/?products_id=806
  23. king of useless information!!!

I have that combo pack...one thing I've noticed about the Myotape is that you have to add an inch to its measurement. I dont know if I got one thats screwed up but when measuring w/ a regular tape and the myotape measurer, the myotape come up short an inch. The calipers seems pretty accurate though.
  24. Advanced Member

Or you can just buy a fabric measureing tape from just about anywhere. There like $2 from any fabric or sewing shop.

db

Thanx fellas, I normally use a plain 'ol tape measure but the damn thing is about to fall apart.....thats from all the measuring done from my last cutter, LOL...
  26. IBE Representative

Quote Originally Posted by kmac6225
    I have that combo pack...one thing I've noticed about the Myotape is that you have to add an inch to its measurement. I dont know if I got one thats screwed up but when measuring w/ a regular tape and the myotape measurer, the myotape come up short an inch. The calipers seems pretty accurate though.
    dont worry they're all like that. i dont think it's a whole inch though. But it's very consistant!
  27. IBE Representative

Quote Originally Posted by db682
    Or you can just buy a fabric measureing tape from just about anywhere. There like $2 from any fabric or sewing shop.

db
    true but w/ some measurements i find this hard. especially when i'm taking a flexed chest measurement and such. it's hard to flex your chest and hold a tape measure, know what i mean? =D
  28. Advanced Member

Thats where a paper clip comes in. The tape slides through the clip almost like a belt buckle and when you stop flexing the paper clip remains in the flex measurement spot.
    Poor mans Myotape. Got poor mans tricks for just about everything.

db
  29. New Member

Maybe he measured the chest with the tape outside of the arms...
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  290 lbs.

i have a pretty good bench its about 465 because of shoulder injuries, and my chest is 53 inches, if your only hittin 265 for 6 or even 10 i cant see you having a 50 " chest sorrie bud but unless you post some measurement pics i dont believe you .
  31. Advanced Member

465 w/ shoulder injuries. Thats a sweet bench for anyone, injured or not. Ive dislocated both of my shoulders (right one once, left one twice) in the past while playing football and wrestling, and I get nervous when I do anything over 365. I dont let it stop me but the thought of it poping out again does cross my mind.
    465lb @ 20 years old with injuries. thats something else.

db

**** yeah.....465 is definately a sweet site.....I'm 22 and still working on breaking 300 for actual work sets...good job...
  33. New Member

Yeah, I must agree with phenom about your stats. I'm 5 inches taller, 30 lbs heavier and those are my stats without being pumped except I can't button my 18 1/2 collar on my dress shirts. But with those stats you should be putting 295 x 6. Maybe you just measured wrong or maybe your just one of those guys that tell the girls your hung like a horse too....LOL jk........YO phenom I've only seen 2 peeps like you pusing that kind of weight, question, "how much do you weigh?"
    Aight den Laters!
  34. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  290 lbs.

right now im 275-280, i fluxuate, im 6'3 at 12 % bf ohh and i have a 21 inch neck i dont collar up it just wont work dude.. ! thanks guys, actually still doin research for first aas cycle im thinkin im throwing some tren in the mix so i can make it myself seems simple enough, i want to get into powerlifting competitions, meh well see... thanks for the props though guys.
    Last edited by phenom9950; 05-03-2004 at 03:59 AM. Reason: blah said i was 285, i lost weigh from sickness...
  35. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  290 lbs.

surgery

yea its my right shoulder, and its a bi*CH but after next season im going for surgury(date will be set after my mri on summer break), i could have taken state this year for disc but my coach was wondering where i was loosing my power(i keep my righ elbow slightly bent so i dont extend and dislocate) i only feel it when im fully extended in military, and certain tri excercises and i stay away from cleans, but i do deadlift.
    Last edited by phenom9950; 05-03-2004 at 03:56 AM. Reason: meh
  36. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by phenom9950
    i have a pretty good bench its about 465 because of shoulder injuries, and my chest is 53 inches, if your only hittin 265 for 6 or even 10 i cant see you having a 50 " chest sorrie bud but unless you post some measurement pics i dont believe you .
    Bro, I think your measurements are wrong and misleading, you def. dont look like you have 18inch arms , mine are 191/2 cold ,but you can tell they are. As for you hitting 120lbs bumbell presses no ,not if your only hitting 245 flat bench. I flat bench 365 for 6 reps clean and i have to struggle with 120's sorry bro im not flaming you ,but your measurements dont match the pics. 50 inch chest?
    Oh hey Bigpete nice board here dicided to come over for awhile. See ya around bro!

Quote Originally Posted by latman
    Bro, I think your measurements are wrong and misleading, you def. dont look like you have 18inch arms , mine are 191/2 cold ,but you can tell they are. As for you hitting 120lbs bumbell presses no ,not if your only hitting 245 flat bench. I flat bench 365 for 6 reps clean and i have to struggle with 120's sorry bro im not flaming you ,but your measurements dont match the pics. 50 inch chest?
    Oh hey Bigpete nice board here dicided to come over for awhile. See ya around bro!
    So what do you want bro, a cookie??

This is getting tiresome, he said that he gets his measurements taken flexed, why continue to bash on the guy? Let it rest already....

Nice first post btw...
  38. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jergo
    So what do you want bro, a cookie??

This is getting tiresome, he said that he gets his measurements taken flexed, why continue to bash on the guy? Let it rest already....

Nice first post btw...
    Jergo , nice first post ? was that a slam? I have been at this game alot longer than you im sure bro, and yes this was actually my second post on this board . I repeat this board chck out some other boards im sure youll realize im no newby at this . And If you didnt mean anything by what you said than excuse me and it was the test talking . later

Quote Originally Posted by latman
    Jergo , nice first post ? was that a slam? I have been at this game alot longer than you im sure bro, and yes this was actually my second post on this board . I repeat this board chck out some other boards im sure youll realize im no newby at this . And If you didnt mean anything by what you said than excuse me and it was the test talking . later

Gee, from all the boards you frequent, I would think you'd know that I "meant something" by it.

I don't care what boards you frequent, or how long you've been at this game. Don't come to THIS board and start ripping guys' result pics as your first post, got it???

That doesn't show much of yourself. Now, play nice.....
  40. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jergo
    Gee, from all the boards you frequent, I would think you'd know that I "meant something" by it.

I don't care what boards you frequent, or how long you've been at this game. Don't come to THIS board and start ripping guys' result pics as your first post, got it???

That doesn't show much of yourself. Now, play nice.....
    Ill rip all i want bro if someone post a pic im ging to give them my honest opinion, im not into sugar coating things O.K ,
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-04-2007, 05:42 PM
  2. Got my results back-are test levels normal?
    By Jon DeVaul in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-30-2006, 07:07 PM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 12:01 PM
  4. my Dr said my "protein" levels are high
    By UNDERTAKER in forum General Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 08:47 PM