my specs..wat are urs?

xdexterdaix

Awards
hey fellas, old member, first post..
well i have been lifting about about 5 years now, and have really been getting into it the last couple of months. im 18 now, and well, here are my specs:

5'7
190lbs
arms 18in
neck 18 in
legs- 25 in
chest-50 in

bench- 245 x 6 reps
db shoulder press- 105 (each hand) x 6 reps
db bench- 120 (each hand) x 8 reps

am i missing anything?

and here are a few pics from a few months ago...
more to come...

tell me wat u think

Attachments

Last edited:

zeromagnus

Board Supporter
Awards
legs? what kinda numbers are you pulling for squats/deadlifts?

kmac6225

king of useless information!!!
Awards
  • Established
yeh bro lets see the wheels

xdexterdaix

Awards
some more recent pics

i dont really work my legs as hard as my upper body, a bad habit i need to break, but here are some more pics

tell me what u think

Attachments

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
If your legs are really as weak as you say they are, that's all I can tell you to work on, everything else looks pretty decently proportioned.

ManBeast

zeromagnus

Board Supporter
Awards
nice bathroom...now where're the leg pics dex...and you definately need to work on your lower back some...

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
nice bathroom...now where're the leg pics dex...and you definately need to work on your lower back some...

Ditto. Doing so will launch to the next level very quickly. I used to be the same way..all upper body training with no squats or deads. Once I started I jumped up about 20 pounds in weight.

Gotta build the foundation before the rest of the house.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
not being a dick...but you sure those are 18" arms or is that fully pumped?

i agree w/ everyone else on the wheels

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
not being a dick...but you sure those are 18" arms or is that fully pumped?

i agree w/ everyone else on the wheels
I was going to make the same comment earlier...I just didn't want to be the first one to be a dick. LOL :D

zeromagnus

Board Supporter
Awards
i must agree...i dont believe you on the 18" arms...definately not 18" cold...let's see a tape measure pic dex...

zeromagnus

Board Supporter
Awards
oh yeah...and if you were my weightlifting partner, you would have no choice but to do legs...you would do them until you liked them...or until you stopped fighting me and coming up w/ stupid excuses like "i gotta throw discus tomorrow"

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Easy fellas....I think he looks pretty good for being only 18 yrs. old. I know what I was doing when I was 18, and it wasn't lifting weights. ;)

Good job bro, keep it up and by 20 yrs. old, you'll be something else....I only wish I could have taken advantage of that age bracket then....

zeromagnus

Board Supporter
Awards
also, are you getting enough protein dex? you should be getting somewhere around 300g/day...

xdexterdaix

Awards
ill take some more pics towards mid week,
but as for supplements, after i finished the bag the u helped my buy (erik) of ON whey , which was about 6 months ago, i havent gotten anything else..so im pretty much living off chicken breast and skim milk.
ohh yeah, and ive been taking creatine on and off, but nothing more than that
and as for the arms and the rest of the measurement, those were taken pumped.

and i have a new PR, today i bench after almosting kickin one of my suitemate's arse, and i jumped to

265 x 5

all the adreanline, i guess...maybe i should pick fights more often
but erik knows i wouldnt hurt a fly

Last edited:
JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
you have a good base dude, especially at 18.

if i can make a recommendation it is to go to fitday.com (its free) and log in your daily food, and see where you're at on protein and calories and such. I can almost 100% tell you that chicken breast and skim milk is not nearly enough protein and by using fitday you can see what you need to increase. It should do wonders.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
oh and another thing. try to have someone else take your measurements, perferablly someone who knows what they are doing.

Dont get me wrong, i hate to keep dwelling on this, and i'm not trying to be a dick. I mean i dont doubt you legitimately tried to take your measurements, and although they were taken pumped, a 50" chest on someone who is 5'7" looks a bit different than your pictures ;)

once again, not trying to be a dick, but i'd have my measurements retaken, not pumped by someone who knows what they are doing. The main reason being it is a good way to have an idea where you actually are currently and how much progress you're making.

zeromagnus

Board Supporter
Awards
yeah...give us a side chest shot so we can see this massive 50" chest

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm 5'-9", same weight, the same measurements or even more.. Not a flame, but I don't feel you have a 50" chest.. Buy a MyoTape, you can measure yourself better with that.. ;)

Looking good so far, though! :)

db682

Awards
  • Established
Myotape will definitly be of assistance to ya. I dont even see 18" in your neck let alone 50" in your chest.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I do have to say this. At 18 years old, you have built yourself a good base. I wish I had the knowledge and/or advice back when I was 18 to have trained properly. The internet was even around for the general public back then. Hell, computers hardly were too. Damn, I'm dating myself here.

Anyways, stick with it and take the advice from those who are knowledgeable here.

kmac6225

king of useless information!!!
Awards
  • Established
I have that combo pack...one thing I've noticed about the Myotape is that you have to add an inch to its measurement. I dont know if I got one thats screwed up but when measuring w/ a regular tape and the myotape measurer, the myotape come up short an inch. The calipers seems pretty accurate though.

db682

Awards
  • Established
Or you can just buy a fabric measureing tape from just about anywhere. There like $2 from any fabric or sewing shop.

db

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Thanx fellas, I normally use a plain 'ol tape measure but the damn thing is about to fall apart.....thats from all the measuring done from my last cutter, LOL...

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have that combo pack...one thing I've noticed about the Myotape is that you have to add an inch to its measurement. I dont know if I got one thats screwed up but when measuring w/ a regular tape and the myotape measurer, the myotape come up short an inch. The calipers seems pretty accurate though.
dont worry they're all like that. i dont think it's a whole inch though. But it's very consistant!

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Or you can just buy a fabric measureing tape from just about anywhere. There like $2 from any fabric or sewing shop.

db
true but w/ some measurements i find this hard. especially when i'm taking a flexed chest measurement and such. it's hard to flex your chest and hold a tape measure, know what i mean? =D

db682

Awards
  • Established
Thats where a paper clip comes in. The tape slides through the clip almost like a belt buckle and when you stop flexing the paper clip remains in the flex measurement spot.
Poor mans Myotape. Got poor mans tricks for just about everything.

db

westniles

Awards
Maybe he measured the chest with the tape outside of the arms...

phenom9950

Awards
i have a pretty good bench its about 465 because of shoulder injuries, and my chest is 53 inches, if your only hittin 265 for 6 or even 10 i cant see you having a 50 " chest sorrie bud but unless you post some measurement pics i dont believe you .

db682

Awards
  • Established
465 w/ shoulder injuries. Thats a sweet bench for anyone, injured or not. Ive dislocated both of my shoulders (right one once, left one twice) in the past while playing football and wrestling, and I get nervous when I do anything over 365. I dont let it stop me but the thought of it poping out again does cross my mind.
465lb @ 20 years old with injuries. thats something else.

db

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Fvck yeah.....465 is definately a sweet site.....I'm 22 and still working on breaking 300 for actual work sets...good job...

boost1

Awards
Yeah, I must agree with phenom about your stats. I'm 5 inches taller, 30 lbs heavier and those are my stats without being pumped except I can't button my 18 1/2 collar on my dress shirts. But with those stats you should be putting 295 x 6. Maybe you just measured wrong or maybe your just one of those guys that tell the girls your hung like a horse too....LOL jk........YO phenom I've only seen 2 peeps like you pusing that kind of weight, question, "how much do you weigh?"
Aight den Laters!

phenom9950

Awards
right now im 275-280, i fluxuate, im 6'3 at 12 % bf ohh and i have a 21 inch neck i dont collar up it just wont work dude.. :D! thanks guys, actually still doin research for first aas cycle im thinkin im throwing some tren in the mix so i can make it myself seems simple enough, i want to get into powerlifting competitions, meh well see... thanks for the props though guys.

Last edited:

phenom9950

Awards
surgery

yea its my right shoulder, and its a bi*CH but after next season im going for surgury(date will be set after my mri on summer break), i could have taken state this year for disc but my coach was wondering where i was loosing my power(i keep my righ elbow slightly bent so i dont extend and dislocate) i only feel it when im fully extended in military, and certain tri excercises and i stay away from cleans, but i do deadlift.

Last edited:

latman

Awards
i have a pretty good bench its about 465 because of shoulder injuries, and my chest is 53 inches, if your only hittin 265 for 6 or even 10 i cant see you having a 50 " chest sorrie bud but unless you post some measurement pics i dont believe you .
Bro, I think your measurements are wrong and misleading, you def. dont look like you have 18inch arms , mine are 191/2 cold ,but you can tell they are. As for you hitting 120lbs bumbell presses no ,not if your only hitting 245 flat bench. I flat bench 365 for 6 reps clean and i have to struggle with 120's sorry bro im not flaming you ,but your measurements dont match the pics. 50 inch chest?
Oh hey Bigpete nice board here dicided to come over for awhile. See ya around bro!

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Bro, I think your measurements are wrong and misleading, you def. dont look like you have 18inch arms , mine are 191/2 cold ,but you can tell they are. As for you hitting 120lbs bumbell presses no ,not if your only hitting 245 flat bench. I flat bench 365 for 6 reps clean and i have to struggle with 120's sorry bro im not flaming you ,but your measurements dont match the pics. 50 inch chest?
Oh hey Bigpete nice board here dicided to come over for awhile. See ya around bro!
So what do you want bro, a cookie??

This is getting tiresome, he said that he gets his measurements taken flexed, why continue to bash on the guy? Let it rest already....

Nice first post btw... :rolleyes:

latman

Awards
So what do you want bro, a cookie??

This is getting tiresome, he said that he gets his measurements taken flexed, why continue to bash on the guy? Let it rest already....

Nice first post btw... :rolleyes:
Jergo , nice first post ? was that a slam? I have been at this game alot longer than you im sure bro, and yes this was actually my second post on this board . I repeat this board chck out some other boards im sure youll realize im no newby at this . And If you didnt mean anything by what you said than excuse me and it was the test talking . later

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Jergo , nice first post ? was that a slam? I have been at this game alot longer than you im sure bro, and yes this was actually my second post on this board . I repeat this board chck out some other boards im sure youll realize im no newby at this . And If you didnt mean anything by what you said than excuse me and it was the test talking . later

Gee, from all the boards you frequent, I would think you'd know that I "meant something" by it. :rolleyes:

I don't care what boards you frequent, or how long you've been at this game. Don't come to THIS board and start ripping guys' result pics as your first post, got it???

That doesn't show much of yourself. Now, play nice..... ;)

latman

Awards
Gee, from all the boards you frequent, I would think you'd know that I "meant something" by it. :rolleyes:

I don't care what boards you frequent, or how long you've been at this game. Don't come to THIS board and start ripping guys' result pics as your first post, got it???

That doesn't show much of yourself. Now, play nice..... ;)
Ill rip all i want bro if someone post a pic im ging to give them my honest opinion, im not into sugar coating things O.K ,

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Ill rip all i want bro if someone post a pic im ging to give them my honest opinion, im not into sugar coating things O.K ,
Yes, I figured that....LOL....but keep it up and you won't be here too long...

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Fellas, please.. :)

Latman, welcome over brother.. Jergo, thanks for defending the good name of drama-free we got going on.. Just chill abit, brothers... :cool:

Let's be like Fonzie, be cool.. ;)

xdexterdaix

Awards
whoa..i didnt get to finish reading the post.... but dang...what with all the testosterone talking...
well i used a cloth tape measure to do my measurement and my stats are pretty accurate to my knowledge, maybe a little better since last month, so maybe i should post some better pics in a bit, when finals are done with

later

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
whoa..i didnt get to finish reading the post.... but dang...what with all the testosterone talking...
well i used a cloth tape measure to do my measurement and my stats are pretty accurate to my knowledge, maybe a little better since last month, so maybe i should post some better pics in a bit, when finals are done with

later
it's cool man, dont even worry about it. Thats why i made the recommendation of getting a better tape measure or having someone else measure for you.

regardless of what anyone has said in this thread, for being 18 you've built yourself a great physique, no one is denying that.

goodluck on finals. =)

MikeBU

Developing Meathead
Awards
Let's be like Fonzie, be cool.. ;)
Haha! OT but I watched Pulp Fiction again yesterday and when I read this I immediately thought of the part where SJ is in the diner and he got the gun to the robbers face and he's telling the guys wife to be like Fonzie and just be cool. Hahaaaaa great movie.

latman

Awards
Haha! OT but I watched Pulp Fiction again yesterday and when I read this I immediately thought of the part where SJ is in the diner and he got the gun to the robbers face and he's telling the guys wife to be like Fonzie and just be cool. Hahaaaaa great movie.
Thanks bigpete, and i respect you and will chill like the fonz AAAAAAA.