FATHER/SON 50 & 18

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just a pic of my son and I. He just turned 18 and has finally hit 200 lbs. He holds most of his weight in his legs and glutes because that's where hockey players need it. He stands at 5'10" and I am 6'0" 210 lbs at present.

View attachment 30201

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Freaking coolest father-son pic ever! :thumbsup:

Lookin' big and lean there AZ, and the kid looks to following in your footsteps well.

Congrats to him on breaking 200, that's a milestone. :)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks R!!

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice. What is your workout regmine? Just curious. You both look solid. Does your son train different for hockey than you. You been training him?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nice. What is your workout regmine? Just curious. You both look solid. Does your son train different for hockey than you. You been training him?
He lifts with me. I follow a DC style of rest pause but altered the day/muscle group order.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How long has your son been lifting. Whatever you've been doin has obviously worked

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How long has your son been lifting. Whatever you've been doin has obviously worked
He is going into his 4th year now. He is stronger than he looks. Today he did incline chest with DBs rest pause DC style: 95-15-4-4.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow! I do know a few dudes with this kind of look. They dont look jacked...BUt.. give me run for my money when we wrestle around.. And I got like 60 pounds on these two dudes

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Youre bis look hayuuuge man! That pic is awesome! I cannot wait to have that kind of relationship with my son one day.

charley

charley

Awards
really nice pic's.................................good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
You still have the size on the young man! You have passed on some great traits to him and should be proud of what you have taught him. I wish my dad would have done that so I would not have made some of the mistakes I did.

Muscledad

Awards
Awsome Pic! My son is 14 and just started lifting with me this year. I hope in 4 years the two of us can be close to that size. Nice job!!

Spartan-JS

Awards
reps! great pic, very cool to see a father motivate his son like this, top notch!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Nice work gentlemen! You both look awesome.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great shape you both are in :thumbsup:
And I agree with the other posters; awesome father/son pic

//CC

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hell, you could pass those off as before and after pics of one person. You both look good and the genetics are definitely passed on :)

BamaGuy1024

Incredible, both of you - great build, impressive abs, keep building that muscle, guys! BTW what a great role model you are as a father!

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
I wish I could get my old man to workout with me (I am 22)
He is turning 50 next year and has one of those Jackin the Box 3 meals a day diets :(

He keeps saying he isn't going to go put himself through hell unless he is getting paid to lol
he is 6'2" and around 220-225 lbs I would estimate him at 20% bf.

We are self employed and run a family business so he works like 70 hours a week though so honestly he doesn't have time but I would really like to get him into a healthier life style.

-James

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks guys!

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
I'm stuck like chuck at 180 standing 6ft 1in tall please strategies?

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Very Nice i too, wish my father would pick up lifting seriously with me or better yet have guided me through it for years like you. Thats great too see such good development at a young age keep up the good coaching. And your looking nice and lean and mean yourself.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just saw this for the first time today :) I'll be 58 when my son turns 18 :p

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just saw this for the first time today :) I'll be 58 when my son turns 18 :p
I have a daughter that is 6 yrs old. I will be right there with you...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My oldest daughter i'll be 47 when she hits 18. she goes to the gym with me right now :D

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is great stuff!! I will have my daughter throwing steel around when she is old enough. Most women only want to do cardio. They don't understand the benefits of carrying more muscle mass and metabolism. Plus they look hot as hell with an athletic build!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, she follows the dc workout structure with me - doing the same exercises - but she just does 3 sets of 15 or higher on everything, with me occasionally forcing her to do 1 set with heavier weight that she can only hit 6 or so on.

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My 12 year old son and I went to the gym today and he is going to start going on the weekends with me whenever I go, we already are very close so I hope this just makes things better. I just showed him the pic and he is fired up now that he has seen what is possible, so u guys have already motivated a 12 year old and dad as well, that pic is way cool, both of u are in fantastic shape....

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is some of the best time spent with your son. It will be tough when he heads off to Junior Hockey or college. Enjoy these times Rip...they go fast.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Youre bis look hayuuuge man! That pic is awesome! I cannot wait to have that kind of relationship with my son one day.
agree 100%! I have that same relationship with my dad, but I can't wait to have it with my son! You both are looking stolid man! Your physique especially is great... props!

Jimbo15

Jimbo15

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • Established
Freaking coolest father-son pic ever! :thumbsup:

Lookin' big and lean there AZ, and the kid looks to following in your footsteps well.

Congrats to him on breaking 200, that's a milestone. :)
Agreed.

purelife1

50 man that is crazy... most 20 year olds would kill to have abbs like yours
awsome work

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man, I miss lifting with my son, even though he completely outlifted me in the gym. I was very proud of him though, strongest guy I ever saw, crazy strong. If he would have continued he could have gone far. When he is not with me he just doesn't have the self motivation. He loves training with me though.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man, I miss lifting with my son, even though he completely outlifted me in the gym. I was very proud of him though, strongest guy I ever saw, crazy strong. If he would have continued he could have gone far. When he is not with me he just doesn't have the self motivation. He loves training with me though.
I've seen some of your numbers DW...your son must be a beast. My son loves working out. We are going out of town this weekend and he knows there is a gym there. He tells me we are getting a workout in!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've seen some of your numbers DW...your son must be a beast. My son loves working out. We are going out of town this weekend and he knows there is a gym there. He tells me we are getting a workout in!!
He has always been a beast and I think he dislikes that persona. They called him Ox at school (yah he's that kid). His numbers started to supercede mine when he was 16, when he outsquatted me. I still had him on deads till he was 18 and he could outbench me by 18 as well by that time though he was about the strongest person in the gym. He had some help from God, big thick tendons big bones. At 270 he looked pretty good. He was a Center so he had to carrry a lot of weight.