first time cut.. 4 weeks in

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
first pic is at 198 i believe.. second pic is at 192.5.. i was feelin like i haven't lost much.. but.. i found this "before" pic... and i'm feelin a little better...

how's it look fellas? this is my very first cut.. so.. i'm very new to it.. prolly only about 6 cardio sessions under my belt.. i'll get serious when i hit a losing plateau.. any thoughts?

Attachments

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
diet is extremely clean.. i wanted to see what i could lose w/o cardio at first... i'm naturally extremely skinny and was afraid i'd burn too much muscle.. i'll post my diet in a second

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
Meal 1

can of Tuna
2 pieces bread
16 ounces skim milk

Meal 2
Chicken breast

Meal 3
Chicken breast
16 ounces skim milk

Meal 4 pre workout
2 cups cheerios
2 cups skim milk
½ chicken breast

Meal 5
Whey shake

Meal 6
Protein shake w/ skim milk

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
Meal 1

can of Tuna
2 pieces bread
16 ounces skim milk

Meal 2
Chicken breast

Meal 3
Chicken breast
16 ounces skim milk

Meal 4 pre workout
2 cups cheerios
2 cups skim milk
½ chicken breast

Meal 5
Whey shake

Meal 6
not bad, why are you eating cereal pre wo? you need more veggies, cut the bread, have oatmeal instead

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
to get some energy before workout... and i've tried oatmeal over and over again.. i cant stomach it... i even try to pretend they're grits... doesn't work

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
your nuts man, I LOVE oatmeal...put some splenda in it, or PB, or whey protein

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
i've tried adding extra cinnamon.. i'll try some splenda.. i think i'd puke if i put whey or pb in it.. haha

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
but if you cannot do oatmeal, then cut out the cereal, I dont care if it cherrios or wheaties, w/e. you want slow digesting carbs and protein pre WO, instead of just a chicken breast as a meal, have chicken and some veggies, I used to have the idea of to get ripped you needed to drastically cut cals and carbs, NO, over time, YES...Rome wasn't built over night, so you have to lower cals and carbs week by week...

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
yeah.. but luckily i have been losing weight very slowly.. even though i reduced calories bigtime.. if u were to aske me while i was bulking how much weight i'd lose off this diet i woulda figured at least 3-4 lbs a week

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
i guess i need to learn to like veggies... ugh.. i do like butterbeans and peas.. but.. only when mom makes them.. seeing how i'm nearly 23.. i dont get that much.. haha

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
losing weight takes time...your diet will decide how much time, get it together!

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
That diet for a cut is actually pretty crap...

That's a LOT of skim milk, and you're completely devoid of vegetables and healthy fats.

Cardio isn't going to make you lose muscle persay... but an over-kill calorie cut will, and you have no hormone support with the low fats you're taking in.

M16

M16

IBE Rep
Awards
  • Established
On point...exactly what I was thinking.

That's a LOT of skim milk, and you're completely devoid of vegetables and healthy fats.

Cardio isn't going to make you lose muscle persay... but an over-kill calorie cut will, and you have no hormone support with the low fats you're taking in.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Meal 1

can of Tuna
2 pieces bread
16 ounces skim milk

Meal 2
Chicken breast

Meal 3
Chicken breast
16 ounces skim milk

Meal 4 pre workout
2 cups cheerios
2 cups skim milk
½ chicken breast

Meal 5
Whey shake

Meal 6
Not exactly "super clean". To piggyback on what Timber said you want some more protein and you might want to throw some more lifting in there. What does you schedule look like? At 198 you look like you could have recomped and have gotten better results. With a sound diet and resistance training cardio may not even be needed to achieve the results you are looking for.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, I'd prefer the build in the before picture.

PS - shorts are too low.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
LAWLZ I didn't even notice the shorts.

But yea, the build in the before just needs some tweaking and you are there.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
LAWLZ I didn't even notice the shorts.

But yea, the build in the before just needs some tweaking and you are there.
Word. I'd focus on lats and shoulders - seems as though the OP has wider hips.

AlbinoRhino44

AlbinoRhino44

Awards

agreed. Lose that milk, add some good fats, and cereal? oatmeal, i'd even do rice, but not the cereal.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I'd suggest nuts. Drinking oil is stupid on a cut... you should enjoy your kcals.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Come on man be serious for once in your life.

thapr3dat0r

Awards
Throw 1TB of flaxseed oil in your protein shakes. After awhile you can barely taste it in there. Also, since you can't stomach oatmeal, throw that in your protein shakes too. Blend it up and it all goes down fast and easy.

In general, I like to have a lean protein, a complex carb, and a fibrous carb source in each and every meal. All about balance man. If you are gonna cut carbs from a meal, do it later in the evening.

And I agree w/ others. Kill the milk, even though it is skim, it still has sugars. MOAR veggies! Fiber is important, especially for cutting. It fills you up and keeps you regular.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
to get some energy before workout... and i've tried oatmeal over and over again.. i cant stomach it... i even try to pretend they're grits... doesn't work
becareful with cereal lots cereals Ive found have high fructose corn syrup, check the ingredients.

my preworkout meal is oats, cottage cheese, and peanut butter. Doesnt taste to great, but damn ive gotten some great workouts with this pre.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I still don't understand why people would want to ruin a perfectly good shake with some oil...

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
becareful with cereal lots cereals Ive found have high fructose corn syrup, check the ingredients.

my preworkout meal is oats, cottage cheese, and peanut butter. Doesnt taste to great, but damn ive gotten some great workouts with this pre.
He's trying to cut dude...

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not going to argue with you. Still waiting on your 405 squat videos on the other thread. Don't make me make you into AM's next Buster.
you're pathetic lol.
im doing 405 now raw as well. Suck it weakling.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
405...:gives:
:eek:p::bryce:
apparently mr timber cares, since hes been eagerly waiting a video I may never post.
And seriously, let him defend himself. Hes a big bad roid user, im sure he can defend himself.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nope, I'm fine with it. Carry on.
Thank you, next time you decide to attack the credibility or appearance of a user look at yourself first. I did nothing to deserve those kinds of comments. Instead of saying, look p00ndawg, thats a bad pre workout meal because..., let me show you a better one..., you decided to attack me personally. Maybe its envy, maybe its the roids, I dont know what kind of emotions or problems you have nor do i care but dont attack me and expect to not be dealt with. consider it a lesson learned. im obviously much much stronger than you, enough so that you even have to question my strength, and maybe if you took the time to ask me why I believe that pre workout meal is good on a cut or bulk you'd learn a thing or two. Hell, maybe im wrong, but you did nothing to change my opinion otherwise besides of how I think of you as a user. you're a jerk and I really hope you're not like this in real life and I do expect an apology, via pm or here.
you shouldnt treat people like that, ever. I gave advice I truly believe would help this user.

Im sorry for derailing this otherwise interesting thread. Op you're looking really good and hope you keep up the great work.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Look, you're obviously a really sensitive guy. My bad if you're getting all bent out of shape.

I don't care what you think of me... really... I am a jerk. It happens. I've used two cycles, I'm over it. I'm not the strongest, admittedly - goals have never been to be a BB'er or a Powerlifter.

Regardless, I think its pretty rediculous to get diet advice or "cut" advice from someone who has never been "cut"... or not really even trying to lose weight.

As for being jealous... check yourself.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
my thing is, roids or not, you have to work hard...so what if we use roids? its our decision

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Look, you're obviously a really sensitive guy. My bad if you're getting all bent out of shape.

I don't care what you think of me... really... I am a jerk. It happens. I've used two cycles, I'm over it. I'm not the strongest, admittedly - goals have never been to be a BB'er or a Powerlifter.

Regardless, I think its pretty rediculous to get diet advice or "cut" advice from someone who has never been "cut"... or not really even trying to lose weight.

As for being jealous... check yourself.
Regardless if thats true, you're making a pretty broad assumption when you dont even know me. And i am trying to cut. Once again, dont attack my credibility or appearance when ive done nothing to you, other than try to be helpful and useful user.
you still however have not explained why my preworkout is "horrible".

I, however, accept the apology.
Ill be leaving this thread now and once again I wish the OP the best.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Regardless if thats true, you're making a pretty broad assumption when you dont even know me. And i am trying to cut. Once again, dont attack my credibility or appearance when ive done nothing to you, other than try to be helpful and useful user.
you still however have not explained why my preworkout is "horrible".

I, however, accept the apology.
Ill be leaving this thread now and once again I wish the OP the best.
I'm not attacking your lifting credibility... I SAW your 315, they were pretty decent reps. I CAN'T SQUAT 315... I'd genuinely like to see someone your size squat 405. You already threw up video, I don't see why it's such a big deal. If anyone ever asked me to film one of my lifts, I'd do it... but most of my lifts are pretty pedestrian. 405 is a big deal... I don't know why people on here get so damn sensitive. You say "roid rage" out of ignorance, but I'm willing to bet there are some major estrogen issues around this b*tch.

I'm not even going to get into this whole attack thing... Its really pretty weak man. If you're trying to cut, perhaps look into reducing your large doses of fats pre-WO. You may also find that reducing your carbohydrate intake will work wonders, but you'll also obviously sacrifice strength - which in my opinion you can afford to lose given you squat 405. It will come back.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
my thing is, roids or not, you have to work hard...so what if we use roids? its our decision
I've already explained my reasoning for use, even though it really is no one's business.

Fighting at 133 to 155 until the age of 25 is as good a reason as any. At least I did it the right way... And yes, regardless of use or non use, I'll stack my work ethic against anyones.

Deadlift3

Deadlift3

Awards
Not going to argue with you. Still waiting on your 405 squat videos on the other thread. Don't make me make you into AM's next Buster.

LMATheF***OFF!!!!! Dude that poon kid gota be kidding me he swares he know what hes doing but look at his pictures! Earlier today he was telling
Monsterbox on another thread how he was weak!! And this dude monster is way more in better shape than he is. Dude Poons is so lost!