6 year layoff (update)

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well Guy's after 8 weeks I said I would post a 16 week picture well it's like 14 weeks but my Digital cam has to get fixed.I took some pictures before im sending the camera away...Here is a total before im the fat one on the right..

Next is the 8 week picture

This is current 14 weeks after coming off a 6 year layoff im still not to happy but it's gonna take time...Stats 45 years old 5'10" 278 LBS 36 waist down from a 42 14 weeks ago....

IM still lookin like crap compared to my competing days but come hell or high water I will get back there....

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Oh by the way I traded in the Heinekin for optimum whey......LOL

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Damn looking good.. looks like you have been working hard my man.. great job.. and keep it up...

db682

Awards
  • Established
42 to 36. Thats pretty freakin impressive. Keep it up bro and youll be back to competing level again.

You look just like one of the head Bouncers I used to bounce with. Everyone called him diesel though but that last picture of you with that face reminds me of him right before he would blow his lid and practiclly kill some poor bastard in the club.

Good luck bro,
db

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Good progress MaDmaN! Can tell you've been bustin' your ass. Can see a big difference from the before pics. Stay motivated! ;)

txwakeskater

Awards
good job bro, looking alot better.... You will get there!

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey Guy's thanks alot for the kind words it really is a motivator and im sure all you guy's are like me we are always more critical of ourselves,but that's what keeps us going...The beauty of Bodybuilding it does not matter how much money you have you can't buy an 18" Bicep,you have to earn it.I think that is the common bond we all have, when someone makes a commitment to change the way they look we all can appreciate the hard earned progress. I will post another in 8 more weeks once again thanx guy's...

bellicose

Banned
Awards
you're look damn good!
Looking like a powerlifter, good luck reaching your goals. Don't get all skinny now, nothing wrong with being "thick"

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
Nice progress, keep it up. 6" off the waist line in 8 weeks is outstanding.

~Todd

PC1

MadMaN.......

It's easy to see from your pics you still have a great muscular foundation lurking beneath the layers of added insulation accumulated during your Heineken Layoff Period. As a skinny ectomorph, I WISH I had 1/2 that muscle on my bones bro!

Mentally overcoming the inertia to get started again is tough when the body feels like crap. But muscle memory is a GREAT thing :) And the worst phase of your comeback is now behind you. Your progress over such a short time frame is dramatic, and is a testament both to the competetive level of physique you once had, AND the hard work and sacrifice you're currently putting in to regain it.

At the rate you're going, you'll be a freak again in time for the warm weather here in MA! Start looking around now for all the tank tops and t-backs you squirreled away in your attic many moons ago!

You've inspired me, I gotta go bench press!

Great job! Keep Rockin'!

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
MadMaN.......

It's easy to see from your pics you still have a great muscular foundation lurking beneath the layers of added insulation accumulated during your Heineken Layoff Period. As a skinny ectomorph, I WISH I had 1/2 that muscle on my bones bro!

Mentally overcoming the inertia to get started again is tough when the body feels like crap. But muscle memory is a GREAT thing :) And the worst phase of your comeback is now behind you. Your progress over such a short time frame is dramatic, and is a testament both to the competetive level of physique you once had, AND the hard work and sacrifice you're currently putting in to regain it.

At the rate you're going, you'll be a freak again in time for the warm weather here in MA! Start looking around now for all the tank tops and t-backs you squirreled away in your attic many moons ago!

You've inspired me, I gotta go bench press!

Great job! Keep Rockin'!

...LOL great post,Thanks PC-1, ya that Heinakin blanket is a little thicker than I thought not to mention the 5LB bag of chips I would eat with it...
I totaly abused myself during that time. I went through a divorce and I remarried so the last thing on my mind was bodybuilding.One day it just hit me, I had a dream My pec's were striated like the ole days i felt so good,then I woke up.The very next day I went to Omni fitness and bought all the Equipment..It is so true about muscle memory each week people would say to me what are you doing your changing so fast,but all that muscle was there
just atrophied....I feel so good right now The fat burning process is slower at my age but I know if I diet too severe I will loose mass.My goal is a 32 waist by Memorial day,im 36 right now but geneticly my waist is very small and When I competed in 1991 I was a 30"....Hey PC-1 Big sale on string tanks top's olympic sports buy 1 get one free WooooHooooo!!!!!!!.

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO BE SMALL

Last edited:
ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Awesome work there man! Beating my ass down to lean like a mofo! Keep up the hard work!

ManBeast

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
MADMAN--i can see the cuts coming out...and i'm scared.

hehe...looks good man, cardio is a bitch...but thats exactly why not everyones cut-up.
my goal is to have defined abs by jan 2005, and cardio is kicking my ass.

Is that a pic of you, back in the day...as your avatar?

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
MADMAN--i can see the cuts coming out...and i'm scared.

hehe...looks good man, cardio is a bitch...but thats exactly why not everyones cut-up.
my goal is to have defined abs by jan 2005, and cardio is kicking my ass.

Is that a pic of you, back in the day...as your avatar?

Thanks Boss...ya cardio does suck,burt as soon as the weather breaks up here i will do some jogging...That avatar is not me but I wish....Thanx again man...

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
you have nice size man...you remind me of Paul Senior on that OC choppers show..

anyway..looking good man...don't think I would mess with your son! (if you have one)

keep it up..

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
you have nice size man...you remind me of Paul Senior on that OC choppers show..

anyway..looking good man...don't think I would mess with your son! (if you have one)

keep it up..

Thanks Hamper...Appreciate it... :p

PC1

I don't know about anyone else, but I for one, am getting really annoyed with watching how damned FAST this %#&$ is getting back in shape. Really disgusting to see that amount of progress in so short a time. What takes me 10 months to put on seems to take him about 10 days. Why don't you do us all a favor and pick up some more Heineken & chips you #@^# freak!

Just kidding bro, you're looking really great in your avatar. Keep up the great work ;)

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't know about anyone else, but I for one, am getting really annoyed with watching how damned FAST this %#&$ is getting back in shape. Really disgusting to see that amount of progress in so short a time. What takes me 10 months to put on seems to take him about 10 days. Why don't you do us all a favor and pick up some more Heineken & chips you #@^# freak!

Just kidding bro, you're looking really great in your avatar. Keep up the great
work ;)

Thank's PC-1 LMAo....as soon as low carb chips come out man im there....