Advice PLease.. ( pics )

Davidlee

Look i wanna lost the pudge on my belly and tits to get definition and cut, and i wanna gain mass in my arms, i stack lipo 6 black with pro-NOS.. I do cardio every day along with abs. i lift every other day which consist of dumbell curls, bench, dips, lats, punching bag, push ups, etc.. please tell me what u prefer me do and what i should stack..:thanks:

Attachments

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
You should let us know what your diet is like on a normal basis. If you are working as hard as you think you are then your diet needs some work. When you do workout and do cardio, do you give it all you got? You don't need hours in the gym, you just need focused intensity. For lifting, focus on strong core lift, bench, squat, deads. You are tall, so get a trainer to show you how to do them properly to get the most benefit. Just doing any lifts half way or half hearted won't get you what you want. Focus a day for Chest, benching, pec dec, dips. You could do bi's on same day, focus on barbell curl, hammer curl, maybe preacher curl. Focus on working the specific muscles until they burn. If you do chest and the next day you feel your shoulders hurt more than your chest, you need to have someone help you with your form. The targeted muscle you are working should be the most sore the next day.

Do a leg day, focusing on squats, stiff leg deadlifts, and lunges. Tall guys can do squats effectively, just takes practice.

Do a back day, deadlifts, pullups, seated cable rows. Then do tris, cable push downs, bench dips, skull crushers.

I would split it like this
For lifting, warmup muscle before each muscle group with light weight 15-20 reps. Then increase a bit and do 12-15 reps. then 3 working sets first for 12 reps, increase weight and do 10 reps, then increase slightly again for 8 reps. Make sure the last rep for the set is the hardest one. Rest 60-90 seconds between sets to keep heart rate up.
Once you learn the proper forms, you have to go all out on your effort. No matter what your weights are you are using for a given set, They have to be a challenge for you. Don't worry about anyone else and what they are lifting. You have to challenge yourself and push yourself with what you can do.

Bring a notepad to the gym. You can wirte out your workout plan ahead of time for that day and as you workout, write down what weights you are using for each set. Then next week your goal is to start with maybe 5-10 lbs more. Your goal is to increase weight each week and the log will help you keep track.

Mon-back tris cardio
Tues- abs cardio
wed-cardio or rest day
thurs-Chest-bis-cardio
fri-abs cardio
sat legs
sun-rest

Kind of basic workout plan, but will help you focus on core lifts, will target more specific muscles, and give you something to stick to and be able to progress from there. Get your diet in order, no junk except one Meal a week, not one cheat Day. You should be able to get in good shape, lose some fat and at the end of summer or fall, be around the same weight but look better. You can also take pics of yourself once a month or 2 to show yourself how much progress you have made.

xink

Awards
  • Established
You should let us know what your diet is like on a normal basis.
That was my first though.

Start to keep a daily log of what you consume, drinks included like soda and beer and then report back - you may be shocked by how much you're actually consuming!

How many reps of each of your exercises? Are you alternating much? Are you staying consistent each time you're working out?

As for your mid-section, have you tried planks? Are you doing crunches? What about reverse crunches? How many are you doing and/or for how long?

Give us more info when you have a moment - especially on your eating habits.

Davidlee

Meal 1. 3 eggs, oatmeal, banana,
meal 2. pro_NOS shake
meal 3. tuna or chicken w/ brown rice
meal 4. pro NOS shake
meal 5. chicken or tuna w/ brown rice
meal 6. maybe piece of fruit or fat free popcicle.

i only have a bench, dum bells, curl bar, punching bag, treadmill.. so thats the only work outs i can do until i get the money for more equipment. please tell me what ever i need to know

Davidlee

and what suppliments, im almost outta lipo6 black.. i wanna do something else.. ( no results really from it.. no energy, trimming or nothing)

xink

Awards
  • Established
Meal 1. 3 eggs, oatmeal, banana,
meal 2. pro_NOS shake
meal 3. tuna or chicken w/ brown rice
meal 4. pro NOS shake
meal 5. chicken or tuna w/ brown rice
meal 6. maybe piece of fruit or fat free popcicle.

i only have a bench, dum bells, curl bar, punching bag, treadmill.. so thats the only work outs i can do until i get the money for more equipment. please tell me what ever i need to know
At a glance that looks fine, but honestly, keep a diary of everything you eat for the next week and then report back, you may be surprised at little things you're missing. Put it all into a spreadsheet and calculate your fat, calories and protein intake.

Treadmill - what kind of running, how much? Read up on HIIT.

Still not hearing much about number of sets, etc...

M16

M16

IBE Rep
Awards
  • Established
I'm about to head off to work but let me get back in this evening and I'll post a diet and training split....Along with some supplements that may help you in achieving your goals.

Davidlee

alright that would be great.. any more comments? i also do HIIT but sometimes i just dont have time for it since my day is pretty full.. cuz not really much room to run where i live and driving to a park is very time consuming

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
That diet is lacking good fats like mono/poly unsaturates. Try adding some almond nuts,pine nuts etc. A lot more veggies. eat more often, no need to starve yourself

Protein intake looks pretty low also doing abs every day doesn't sound like a good idea. Your muscles need time to recover.

Davidlee

ill do that.. bout to go to grocery store.. im also fixing to spend around 300 on workout equptment.. thinking about a new bench.. any suggestions...

Davidlee

and can anyone tell me why my upper abs are getting tone but yet my bottom role is still stickign out

xink

Awards
  • Established
ill do that.. bout to go to grocery store.. im also fixing to spend around 300 on workout equptment.. thinking about a new bench.. any suggestions...
Why not join a gym?

If that isn't an option, hit up CraigsList.com or something similar - people buy new equipment all the time and let it sit and collect dust, buy someone's unloved goods.

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
and can anyone tell me why my upper abs are getting tone but yet my bottom role is still stickign out
It's just your genetic predisposition to hold more fat around that area. It is a common site for hard to lose fat in men. To get rid of this, you just have to dig deep! You have to make sure your diet is on point, and you are doing some intense cardio. Also with the equipment you have you can workout your whole body. All you need is dumbells and/or barbells really and a bench. Do basic compound movents such as presses, rows, curls, squats or lunges. Maybe you could try a 3xweek full body workout in a circuit training style. Up your protein!

M16

M16

IBE Rep
Awards
  • Established
Ok first off supplements are just to be used as an aid in working out and in fatloss....First off what are your goals ? are they to lose fat, or gain mass ??? You do not have the genetics to do both at the same time so you must pick one or the other...I would seriously join a real gym first and foremost and do some research on clean bodybuilding diet/Training staples.

I'll lay some out for you.

Diet Options

Clean Carbs-{BrownRice,Oatmeal,Sweet Potatoes, Apples. 100%wholewheat Bread, Lentils}

Lean Proteins-{Skinless boneless chicken Breast, Tuna in water, Whey Protein, Eggwhites, Lean Deli Meats,}

Veggies-{Broccoli, Green Beans, Squash,Califlower}

Training Options

Mass is built from Heavy compound movements...Heavy Meaning that you can control the weight and stop it at any given time...Momentum does not build muscle.

Squats-a must and if your not doing them your cheating yourself.
Dead lifts-a true mass builder
Military Press- Can be done with dumbells as well
Bench Press- Can be done with either Barbell or dumbbells...I tend to alternate EOW.

If all these are done correctly your whole body will grow...Of course Curls, and Abs are excercises you can do as well to add to your physique but the above lifts are the bread and butter of any true bodybuilding program, and are tried and proven to work.

Supplements

Judging by your pics you are not ready for anything hormonal at all...I would suggest a decent fat burner, a good whey protein Powder, a good multi-vitamin, and perhaps a good creatine/bcaa supplement for PWO.

Hope this helps some...If ya have any questions just ask.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
M16 is the man to listen to........
cliffs..........

Basic supps....... vitamins, protein, preworkout, aminos maybe

Food, get food, lots of it.........chicken, lean meat, brown rice and oats

Do squats and deadlifts, until you puke or pass out.

Do this program for 16 weeks and eat right.....then regroup

I done this program a couple times in my early 30's and i got back and leg growth like no other.
You can see my quads in the link below.....They are not huge, but they are quads.

http://www.startingstrength.net/workouts/

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Starting_Strength_Wiki

Davidlee

yeh im trying to gain mass.. but i also want my abs toned.. not a thick layer of fat over them.. will squats and ded lifts help that?
so i need to do cardio everyday?
keep calories 500 less than my bmr?
dead lifts and squats..

M16

M16

IBE Rep
Awards
  • Established
again choose a goal...If you want abs then your gonna have to diet which means you will not be able to gain mass...Very few people can do both...Getting lean abs is ALL about diet...Not supps.

IMO cardio should be done 3-4 times per week bulk or cut.
yeh im trying to gain mass.. but i also want my abs toned.. not a thick layer of fat over them.. will squats and ded lifts help that?
so i need to do cardio everyday?
keep calories 500 less than my bmr?
dead lifts and squats..

Davidlee

sorry i didnt say that correctly.. this is my exact goal and can buy and do what ever.. i will do what ever diet and what ever workout everyday..
so here it is.. I would like to increase the mass in my entire body while reducing my body fat by around 5 - 10% over a period of time. approximatley first of august.. i want to rid my body of " love handles " and man boobs while also tightening my chest and stomach region..

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
sorry i didnt say that correctly.. this is my exact goal and can buy and do what ever.. i will do what ever diet and what ever workout everyday..
so here it is.. I would like to increase the mass in my entire body while reducing my body fat by around 5 - 10% over a period of time. approximatley first of august.. i want to rid my body of " love handles " and man boobs while also tightening my chest and stomach region..
diet, diet, diet

patience, hard work and discipline.

Its not easy. To be honest, if you want to be ripped like the guys in the magazines, its hard ass work and usually takes "help"

Like M16 said, if you want to get cut, you cant build mass at the same time.

Pick........... CUT OR BULK?

Davidlee

i was also puffing out in the other pics to show all areas of obiecity.. this is my normal look

Attachments

M16

M16

IBE Rep
Awards
  • Established
Again your not gonna gain mass and get lean at the same time...Most people just don't have the genetics to get it done...Making a definitive choice will make your goals much more attainable...Don't ride the fence and try to gain mass and get lean at the same time. Most of the time those who try this get no where fast....Once you get lean then you can more easily add mass while maintaining abs...Also a piece of advice here that is not followed nearly enough{especially online}....Go by the mirror and not the scale/bf%/Measurement tape/

Davidlee

alright man, ill diet with only the foods you have just told me, ill workout 4 days a week, run every day, and take a muscle gainer.. ill see what i can get by half way through june.

rabbievil

rabbievil

Awards
take it slow and learn how to work out correctly.it takes time and wont happen overnight.once you have diet and workouts right,then movve on to supps because they wont help if you dont know what your doing.i started working out when i was 14 and took a long time to workout correctly.i am 35 now and finally look the way i want.always listen to your body.quality and not quantity.

keeper

I am in my second week of HIIT and feeling it. I've not had time to see a difference in the caliper pinches, but after a HIIT session, I feel little bursts within muscle fibers for over an hour. It's real. There are other ways (inexpensive) to get your heart rate up for interval training, such as jumping rope, mini-tramp, or stationary bike. I've only done treadmill, so far, but will alternate with the bike. Good luck to you.

M16

M16

IBE Rep
Awards
  • Established
Sample Diet

Meal-1
1/2 cup of oatmeal{plain oats} with fat/cal free butter with splenda
2 scoops whey

Meal-2 PWO
2 scoops whey
1 banana

Meal-3
8oz chicken breast
3/4 cup{cooked} brown Rice
2 cups Broccoli

Meal4-
4 pieces 100% whole wheat bread
2 cans tuna in water
2 tbsp Light mayo

Meal-5
8oz chicken Breast or Turkey
1 med sweet potato{with splenda and fat/cal free butter}
As many greens as you can eat.

Meal-6
2 tbsp all natural Peanut Butter
2 scoops whey/or 10 eggwhites.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
Do a lot of Compound movements if you can. And unless your doing power cleans or some other power lift, do all your reps real slow and controlled, only cheat or swing to get that last rep up there.

Davidlee

alright thank you, also heading to grocery store so ima stack up on lots of food

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
yeah try to eat steak once a week! lol. ITS BOMB