My body transformation in progress.............

kingjmack

kingjmack

Awards
Hi everyone. Kingjmack here. I wanted to show everyone what iv'e been up to for the past 6 months. I've dabbled in weightlifting for about 14 years off and on (WAYYY more off time than on). A few years back, I decided that I wanted to bulk up. Well, I did. I had way to much bodyfat to begin even trying to bulk in the first place so almost all the weight I put on was fat because I was eating like a pig, and only working out a couple times a week. After breaking up with my ex-girlfriend of 3 years this past december, I had finally decided that I was sick and tired of being fat and I was finally going to do something about it. My stats in december looked something like this:

Age - 33
Height - 5'8"
Weight - 240-250lbs
BF % - I'm guessing around 30-35%

Here are some pics from 2005: 240lbs

Here are a couple of pics from last year: 250lbs

Here are some pics from a few minutes ago: 180lbs

The journey from 250 down to 180 wasn't an easy one, but it was a very rewarding one. I went from wearing size 38 pants down to 30's. From having to wear XL shirts to hide my fat, down to a med (and i don't even have to suck my gut in). Hell, in the past week, I've recieved more compliments on my body that I have my whole life!! It's freakin awesome!! Friends who haven't seen me in a few years are shocked at how much weight I've lost, and the compliments from the ladies are going to cause my ego to go through the roof.

When I first decided that I wanted to lose some weight, the first thing I did was quit eating huge meals before I went to bed. I did this for a few weeks, then I cut out eating at fast food joints. Then I cut out the sodas. I still wasn't working out at this point, but I was losing some weight. When I moved out from my ex's in december was when I really kicked it into high gear. I moved about 30 miles closer to my job which freed up alot of time due to driving. I had NO excuses not to work out because I'm only 4 miles from work, and the gym is in between work and home. The best part is that the company I work for pays ALL the employee's gym fees. Starting in early january was when I started eating super clean, working out 4 days a week, and doing cardio 3 days a week.

When I was started to diet, I cut my calories down to around 2000/day and ate pretty much the same thing EVERY day from then until now. My diet looked something like this.

Breakfast: Plain oatmeal and egg whites
Post workout: Homemade protein shake
B4 work: half a energy bar.
1st break: 1 slice bread w/about 4oz chicken
Lunch: Chicken and rice w/ veggies
2nd break: Usually some almonds and fruit
3rd break: Chicken and rice w/ veggies
B4 bed: Cottage cheese or a Casein shake (it just depended on how hungry I was)

During this time, I had drank alcohol only once. Other than that, the only things I had to drink were water, unsweet tea, or crystal light. The reason I ate the same thing every day was because it just made it easier to plan my meals and keep track of how many calories I was taking in. I only started to have 1 cheat meal a week about a month ago.

I work a 2nd/3rd shift schedule (5pm-5am) so I work out before work. The days I work out (Mon-Thurs) haven't changed, nor have I changed what bodyparts I work out on those days. Sometimes I would switch up what exercises I do for different bodyparts.

My weight training looked like this:
Monday - Chest & Biceps
Tuesday - Back & triceps
Wednesday - Legs & abs
Thursday - Shouldersm Traps, and Calves

My cardio went like this:
Friday - 2hrs on treadmill (alternating between walking and jogging)
Saturday - 2hrs on treadmill (alternating between walking and jogging)
Sunday - 2hrs on treadmill (alternating between walking and jogging)

I have met and surpassed the first goal I set for myself which was to get down to under 200lbs.

My goal now is to start eating enough calories to maintain my weight, but still keep the cardio to lose a bit more bodyfat. I'll do this for probably about 2 months.

The goal I will start after that is lean bulking. When it's all said and done, I'd like to weight about 200lbs with around 8-10% bf. There is not really a timeline for this goal yet.

One side goal is to post up new pictures in this thread every month to show everyone what I've been up to. Well, its time to do some laundry now so I gotta go.

Jeremy

Last edited:
kingjmack

kingjmack

Awards
One more thing I want to work on is getting a slight tan to better show muscular definition.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Wow, amazin results, congratulations!

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
great progress! keep up the hard work, as u can already see it will definitely pay off

kingjmack

kingjmack

Awards
Thanks everyone. I gotta drink this coffee so I can hit the gym hard today. After sitting down and really looking at these pictures next to each other, it has only renewed my motivation to train as hard as I can and stick to the diet.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow man thats impressive. You went about this in a well thought out manner and effective way. Props. Keep it up

reptone

Awards
  • Established
Great results. Looks like you busted your ass and it paid off. Congrats.

Cfour

Cfour

Awards
  • Established
awesome dude, I'm happy 4 u bro! Keep up the good work! I went from 214 to 170 myself. Took 3 years to do it, but I'm there. Lol, now I wanna put it back on. Quality weight this time however!

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Excellent job, that was hard work, dedication, and discipline. That is truly a transformation.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Damn bro thats fxcking awesome! Keep up the good work.. and thats completely motivational... im losing weight now but i wasnt sure i could ever lose my love handles and lower back fat and i think you just proved a point to me! Thanks for the motivation! Reps coming your way!

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
wow you look like a new man 10 years younger

johnnyjuice

johnnyjuice

Awards
  • Established
Great work brother! keep up the good work,hard work pays off and it it shows good luck in your training.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
You look great dude. You have totally whipped my ass on fat to fit in a much shorter timeframe and better results. By the way, with them tats to go along with the stacked build you look straight up UFC fighter. Awesome progress!

Spudpunx

Spudpunx

Awards
good job bro, killer lookin back to. im tryin to work on mine!!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
great job! :D

orangutan

orangutan

Banned
Awards
good job man... along with the tan add in a shave haha

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
AWESOME transformation!! :clap2: :clap2: Very impressive man! Your is just straight nasty!! :eek:

keeper

My cardio went like this:
Friday - 2hrs on treadmill (alternating between walking and jogging)
Saturday - 2hrs on treadmill (alternating between walking and jogging)
Sunday - 2hrs on treadmill (alternating between walking and jogging)

My goal now is to start eating enough calories to maintain my weight, but still keep the cardio to lose a bit more bodyfat. I'll do this for probably about 2 months.
*INTERVAL TRAINING * INTERVAL TRAINING * INTERVAL TRAINING*

You can trade all those hours of cardio for three 20 minutes HIIT sessions per week and effectively burn more fat than with conventional steady rate. It works. Sounds too good to be true, but it works.

dudeguzman

Awards
HEy dude Great Job! YOur an animal on the cardio.. How do you do that... I see that by loosing fat you ended up with more INK!!!

Santa89

Awards
wow you look like a new man 10 years younger
When I was looking I was like stunned! Great job dude!
Gives me motivation for myself

Sorry to ask man, but what state are you from? You look really familiar in that picture with the bikes.

kingjmack

kingjmack

Awards
Thanks for the positive comments everyone. It's awesome not having to diet anymore because I can actually eat larger volumes of food!

Santa89- The pictures with the bikes were taken somewhere in North Carolina. I can't remember exactly where.

dudeguzman- My "fat" pictures with hardly any tats were taken several years ago. They were just the only ones I had that showed my body composition without a shirt on. I went crazy with the tats about 2 yrs ago.

BBQ or Mildew

Awards
Damn, you look like a different person. Keep it up!

earlycuyler

Awards
Awsome work 2hrs on cardio that is dedication!! Have you ran into your ex since your transformation?

Umberto

Umberto

Awards
I bet the ladies love that chiseled jaw bro
inspirational work
You look completely different. good genetics too
Id say its time to do a clean bulk like u said cause ur pretty ripped by now.
Wait till the winter months so u can take full advantage of the rippedness with the women during the summer months lol

win247

Awards
very nice progress. my hats down on you.. u the champ bro..

alkaline1968

alkaline1968

Awards
That **** is bananas!! ha...inspiring, keep it up!!

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
ay- tattoos and muscle go together like peanut butter and jelly. lookin' straight nasty bro. keep up the great work!

zagdawg22

Awards
tattoos and muscle go together like peanut butter and jelly. lookin' straight nasty bro. keep up the great work!
x2!!! great job bro, people like you keep people like me motivated!

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
your back is ripped! id be proud if i were you! very nice!!! any loose skin problems?

Rivethead

Rivethead

Awards
This thread is completely inspirational, dude AWESOME results. Big props to you for stickin to it and doing it.

system60

Awards
I'll add yet another WOW. This really does inspire me, I'm the same height starting at the same weight and this really puts things in perspective for me. I'm lifting 3x week and do cardio 1hr in the morning (Work nights also 4 - 12:30) and then 30 - 45min pwo.

Do you have any breakdowns of how much you were eating (total calories/protein/carb/fat for the day? )

filo74

Awards
awesome job mulatto ! Muy bien ! I noticed you do NOT take any supplements. Why not ?

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
Nice job man, congratulations you look fantastic. I'm on quite a jorney myself, started at a puny 175lb bulked for 11 months to 255lb now 65 days into my cut 226.8. Hard work pays off

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
Your back is looking killer man!

Keep up the hard work you are doing a great job!
-James

bmcjames

bmcjames

Awards
  • Established
Keep on killing it in the gym man you are doing great!

Just to get your opinion on this, but do you find it easier to bulk up having come from being a big guy? It seems I can easily bulk up but the cutting down is alot harder for me (former big guy myself)

-James