WTF is wrong with my arms?

Navyrigger

Awards
Whats up guys.... OK here are stats and pics and questions!
Stats: 5'7" 164 wake up weight... Just got my first 300 lb bench press!!!! 405 Squat 315 really clean... 225 repping dead lifts...

Questions: My arms are 15 inches but they look really small or are my shoulders too big? Legs suck, I know this. I feel like i push my arms and legs harder then any other part and both are strong but they dont grow. Starting today, I changed up my leg sets to try something new.
2nd question: Estimated body fat?

P4190001.JPG

P4190002.JPG

P4190003.JPG

P4190004.JPG

P4190005.JPG

P4190006.JPG

P4190007.JPG

P4190008.JPG

P4190009.JPG

Navyrigger

Awards
Oh i forgot!! 3 weeks until my ECA stack!!!!!!!

tattoopierced1

I think your arms are proportionate to the rest of your body IMO.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
looks pretty normal man, as in nothing wrong. BTW Nice on the 300 bench

Navyrigger

Awards
Thanks bro, it was a goal for a long time! Now the goal is to do it and not arch my back. What do you guys suggest to work on. and what about the body fat %

tattoopierced1

i'd just do compound exercises to work on overall mass, as far as guessing bodyfat in pictures, its really hard to tell, but i would guess around 13-14% maybe.

Navyrigger

Awards
Tat, could you give me some examples? I started doing more supersets and i think its starting to pay off but im open to any advice

tattoopierced1

Tat, could you give me some examples? I started doing more supersets and i think its starting to pay off but im open to any advice
look at a 5x5/GVT routine, i think you'll probably get the best results out of one of those.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
you look pretty proportional to me as well -- I would guess 12-13% on the BF.

Navyrigger

Awards
Sounds good.. I have come a long way from being 135LB but still a long way to go.. I just hope turning 30 doesnt hurt to bad!

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Nothing looks wrong. Your just looking for that bicep peak.

Navyrigger

Awards
Tat, i was looking at the 5x5. Should you just do one style of bench, row and squats or mix it up from week to week with incline, decline, front and rear squats ect...

JKBB44

Awards
ive been hitting my arms twice a week. I'm doing six sets at higher reps 12-15, hitting tricepts on monday after my chest workout and bicepts on tuesday with my back workout. Then on friday i have my scheduled arm day. My arm day i will stay in the 6-8 rep range. So far i am happy with the progress i have made. My arms are also my weakpoint.

Navyrigger

Awards
Thats pretty much what i was doing and i did make progress. I just want that peak but they just get wide.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
15" arms is small.. You look big for 164 pounds though.. Just keep gaining weight and your arms will grow too.

orangutan

orangutan

Banned
Awards
i noticed ur limbs looked very long for someone whos 5"7, that might be what ur seeing. those arms look more like soeone whos 6 foot...longer arms=harder to look big (natural that is)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Call me an a-hole, but I'd like to see a video of you squatting 405.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Call me an a-hole, but I'd like to see a video of you squatting 405.
I was getting ready to say something.

I work my ass off,,,,,,,,I love squats, slow and low.

I cant get near those numbers.

I guess its just genetics.....or my old a s s............ or both lol :)

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I was going to say if you want to grow.

Do squats and deads.........good form and tempo

12 weeks-
Starting Strength program,,,,,,lots of cals and lots of rest

Navyrigger

Awards
Irish,
the 405 squat is not clean but almost 90 degree with legd spread pretty far. A full 90 is my goal.

M16

M16

IBE Rep
Awards
  • Established
Not really....If someone is really short a hard vascular 15" can look massive...A friend of mine competed as lightweight at 5'6 with a 15" shredded arm and it looked awesome...He looked really good and full @5'6@154lbs.

NavyRigger the one thing you have on your side is that guys who are shorter have a easier time creating the illusion of being bigger...You have a really good base thus far...Don't worry about how much weight you are lifting, but How you lift it....When in the gym try to leave your ego at the door and lift for muscle hypertrophy and not to boost your ego...Makes a big difference
for me...Anyways you have a good base thus far man...Keep at it.
15" arms is small.. You look big for 164 pounds though.. Just keep gaining weight and your arms will grow too.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Irish,
the 405 squat is not clean but almost 90 degree with legd spread pretty far. A full 90 is my goal.
then dont say you hit 405 till you hit 405.

not trying to rip you but those numbers are a bit high for someone at you weight and BF.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Maybe I should reiterate myself for you <b>M16</b>. 15" arms are small. I didnt say anything about how they can look if your 3'6 with 2% body fat. I said 15" arms are SMALL. 15 inches is 15 inches, no matter how you look at it. You may be 5'2 with a 3 inch **** and think that it's big because your only 5'2 but in the end, you still only have a 3 inch ****. Would a girl think that just because you are 5'2 your 3" **** feels big? No. She'd still think it's little. You may look good in a mirror and have striations come out of your ******* but 15" is 15" and when you compare yourself to someone who has 18-19-20" arms, you will feel small, regardless of how "RIPPED" you are and how "PRETTY" they look. So again, continue to gain muscle and keep up the hard work and you will begin to feel bigger and better about your arms.

Not really....If someone is really short a hard vascular 15" can look massive...A friend of mine competed as lightweight at 5'6 with a 15" shredded arm and it looked awesome...He looked really good and full @5'6@154lbs.

NavyRigger the one thing you have on your side is that guys who are shorter have a easier time creating the illusion of being bigger...You have a really good base thus far...Don't worry about how much weight you are lifting, but How you lift it....When in the gym try to leave your ego at the door and lift for muscle hypertrophy and not to boost your ego...Makes a big difference
for me...Anyways you have a good base thus far man...Keep at it.

orangutan

orangutan

Banned
Awards
Maybe I should reiterate myself for you <b>M16</b>. 15" arms are small. I didnt say anything about how they can look if your 3'6 with 2% body fat. I said 15" arms are SMALL. 15 inches is 15 inches, no matter how you look at it. You may be 5'2 with a 3 inch **** and think that it's big because your only 5'2 but in the end, you still only have a 3 inch ****. Would a girl think that just because you are 5'2 your 3" **** feels big? No. She'd still think it's little. You may look good in a mirror and have striations come out of your ******* but 15" is 15" and when you compare yourself to someone who has 18-19-20" arms, you will feel small, regardless of how "RIPPED" you are and how "PRETTY" they look. So again, continue to gain muscle and keep up the hard work and you will begin to feel bigger and better about your arms.
I dont quite understand what youre saying here.... youre comparing penis sizes with arms i think. the difference is that u dont f**k anything with your arms. lol:dunno:

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I dont quite understand what youre saying here.... youre comparing penis sizes with arms i think. the difference is that u dont f**k anything with your arms. lol:dunno:
hahaha...oh man.
everyone chill and put the test. away.

All M16 was saying is the kid/guy shouldnt be stressed over the size of the arms yet just get them to be looking good and where he wants to be.

Bodybuilding IS an optical illusion game, i dont think anyone has ever walked and stage and yelled..."i got the biggest arms here..." and the judges hand him the award. Its all about portions and shape. The numbers are all in people heads. I have had people guess mine where 18"~ and last i remember i was at 16 3/4".

to the OP. I would focus on movement, because(no offense here) if you are moving that weight you listed, you should be looking a bit bigger or more lean at least. NOT saying its impossible, but if you were to adjust training, youd be able to build more of the "look"

M16

M16

IBE Rep
Awards
  • Established
Exactly my point...Thank You. I'll take a hard vascular 16" arm over a soft 19" arm any day, and so will judges...Bodybuilding is not so much about BF%'s, Measurements, how much you lift etc...As MentalTwitch said it's about creating the illusion of being big, shredded and symmetrical. Yes and MentalTwitch I would have also guessed your arms at 18" as well....sheesh if I just had your shoulders and arms I would be good.
hahaha...oh man.
everyone chill and put the test. away.

All M16 was saying is the kid/guy shouldnt be stressed over the size of the arms yet just get them to be looking good and where he wants to be.

Bodybuilding IS an optical illusion game, i dont think anyone has ever walked and stage and yelled..."i got the biggest arms here..." and the judges hand him the award. Its all about portions and shape. The numbers are all in people heads. I have had people guess mine where 18"~ and last i remember i was at 16 3/4".

to the OP. I would focus on movement, because(no offense here) if you are moving that weight you listed, you should be looking a bit bigger or more lean at least. NOT saying its impossible, but if you were to adjust training, youd be able to build more of the "look"

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
How many people with 19 inch arms do you hear complaining about there arms then? Find me that post please.

M16

M16

IBE Rep
Awards
  • Established
Not the point that I was trying to make to him...My point to him was do not get caught up in measurements because they mean nothing !!!...At his height a lean hard 15" arm can look great and not small at all...That was my point.

If you read my post again I never said anything about someone complaining about having a 19inch arm...I said a bodybuilding judge would pick a hard lean 16" arm over a soft 19" any day...As MentalTwitch pointed out, on stage it does not matter what your measurements are, or what your trainer said your BF% is...It only matters what you look like and the illusion that you create.
How many people with 19 inch arms do you hear complaining about arm size? Find me that post please.

orangutan

orangutan

Banned
Awards
How many people with 19 inch arms do you hear complaining about there arms then? Find me that post please.
if i didnt have to screw with my penis....i would prefer a nice small, toned, vascular penis. does that answer ur question

Navyrigger

Awards
OK i maxed today with 305 a$$ to ankles. So i hope that clears up the squat lie i told. 405 will not happen for a while going that deep but it felt really good

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
We're talking about 15 inches flexing right? My arms are <15 relaxed, but they're like 16 1/4 flexed.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
okay, vid of 305 ATG please.

I will give lots of reps..........

IMO< Its not how much you can lift, its how much you look like you can lift.

I'm a weak biatch , so thats my only consolation. :) lol

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Navyrigger, I used to do biceps on pull day after back. I got a program from an old book titled Secrets of Advanced Bodybuilders. Anyway, the strategy was to pre-exhaust the biceps by doing the larger muscle groups first, back in this case, before doing any isolation.

Like most things in lifting, this worked initially but after a few months I had to change routines because I was not making progress. I changed it up and continued doing biceps after back on pull day, but also allocated another week day just for arms.

Then I went on a 5X5 bicep routine and that worked for a bit, but had to change again.

This stopped working after a few months, so I changed it up again after re-reading some info on arm development, and I learned I was neglecting my triceps for overall arm development, so I started hitting tris heavier.

This stopped working after a few months and I changed up the bicep routine to include a drop set at the end (going to failure) and that really stimulated the bicep again, and it now feels like I'm getting a good workout again.

Anyway, long story short, someone already mentioned focusing on very basic lifts like squat which are fundamental. So you may want to simply rotate your arm routines to keep your muscle guessing. If you want the bicep peak, supinated BB curls have worked well for me.

I'll also share my failure in growing muscle - not eating enough. I get my ass kicked at the gym lifting hard, but often neglect to eat at least up to maintenance so my muscles don't grow as fast as I would like. Don't do what I do - you got to eat to grow. Kristofer68SS already gave you a lead "12 weeks-Starting Strength program,,,,,,lots of cals and lots of rest" go with it.

Best of luck.

orangutan

orangutan

Banned
Awards
IMO< Its not how much you can lift, its how much you look like you can lift.
exactly, but alot of people dont understand that. theyre like "why cant u lift that tire and put it in the back of my truck....i thought u were a big bodybuilder!?".....im like thats not what bodybuilding is, thats powerlifting.

powerlifting is just an excuse route for people with too much bodyfat....originally i bet they all try to be bodybuilders. but once they realize they dont have the metabolism, they take the powerlifting route. thats what ive noticed, no pun intended

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
exactly, but alot of people dont understand that. theyre like "why cant u lift that tire and put it in the back of my truck....i thought u were a big bodybuilder!?".....im like thats not what bodybuilding is, thats powerlifting.

powerlifting is just an excuse route for people with too much bodyfat....originally i bet they all try to be bodybuilders. but once they realize they dont have the metabolism, they take the powerlifting route. thats what ive noticed, no pun intended
nah, some guys can just move large amounts of weight. I believe its more than just mind or matter. Although that mentality has its merits, at least until injury. lol

I see it in the gym all the time. Guys lifting alot of weight for their size. Not just fat powerlifters. 1 "fat"guy in the gym doing that, huge guy- lifted the most on dead and bench i have personally seen. 505 on bench and 900+ or so on deads......NUTS.

Others like myself, do not have that gift. Genetics. Small ass ankles and wrists. lol

Its not an excuse, with training and diet I have gotten alot stronger without a doubt. But to say im strong, nope.......

starting strength is a good one. pack a lunch and leave everything in the gym and you WILL grow.

Good luck.

orangutan

orangutan

Banned
Awards
nah, some guys can just move large amounts of weight. I believe its more than just mind or matter. Although that mentality has its merits, at least until injury. lol

I see it in the gym all the time. Guys lifting alot of weight for their size. Not just fat powerlifters. 1 "fat"guy in the gym doing that, huge guy- lifted the most on dead and bench i have personally seen. 505 on bench and 900+ or so on deads......NUTS.

Others like myself, do not have that gift. Genetics. Small ass ankles and wrists. lol

Its not an excuse, with training and diet I have gotten alot stronger without a doubt. But to say im strong, nope.......

starting strength is a good one. pack a lunch and leave everything in the gym and you WILL grow.

Good luck.
small ankles and wrist are good...u dont want fankles

Navyrigger

Awards
I got small wrist but it really makes my forearms look huge

samadhismiles

Awards
your legs look disproportionately small compared to chest/delts

Navyrigger

Awards
I am having a hard time with my legs. I'm in the military so always doing long runs never really let me put on to much mass. I dont run as much now so the deads once a week an squats every 3 days with a 5x5 routine is starting to help. But the ruck sack runs did make my legs really strong for there size. I think i could easily put 10 to 15 pounds on my legs.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am having a hard time with my legs. I'm in the military so always doing long runs never really let me put on to much mass. I dont run as much now so the deads once a week an squats every 3 days with a 5x5 routine is starting to help. But the ruck sack runs did make my legs really strong for there size. I think i could easily put 10 to 15 pounds on my legs.
there is always an excuse not to do legs. I neglected them a long time too. I was in the military as well. My excuse wasnt because I had to run though. I just straight up did not care. I would recommend doing them because the squat really makes you feel so much stronger in everday life.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
Go heavier on Deads and other back exercises,... and your bis will blow up (that is considering you already have a good bi workout.... :) ).

burymestanding

burymestanding

Awards
as for the 19" arms comment. I decided to put a link of a person with 19" arms who would much rather have 16" shreded arms.

. As for Navyrigger, I just wanted to say don't worry about how much weight you lift. I think this has already been said. If you are into powerlifting then that is great, but for bodybuilding focus on form and how your muscles feel/grow. I had to learn this lesson on back training. Besides deads I go light on everything, and just have perfect form. I also wanted to add that I think your bis look porportional. Just make sure you are eating right, training to grow muscle (and not just lifting more weight).

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Actually those are probably 16" fat arms. Nice try though.

Hard to have these arguments too because different people want different things.

And the thing about the powerlifter/bodybuilder difference. A large majority of the time if the powerlifter cut down he'd blow the bodybuilder out of the water in term of thickness and size. Read up on the fundamentals of DC training and you will see all these things first hand, the guy who writes most of it is Dante. He will instill a different belief system in your mind in regards to the best way to grow and be as big/strong as you can be. If you dont want to be as big/strong as you can be then dont come on here and complain about your 15" arms. If you have to blow up to 230 at 20%bf then cut down to 210 at 8% then so be it. The thing is by the time you went to 230 and back to 210 if you went the route people on here think they should go you'd probably only be up to 180. All a matter of what you want though.

as for the 19" arms comment. I decided to put a link of a person with 19" arms who would much rather have 16" shreded arms.

. As for Navyrigger, I just wanted to say don't worry about how much weight you lift. I think this has already been said. If you are into powerlifting then that is great, but for bodybuilding focus on form and how your muscles feel/grow. I had to learn this lesson on back training. Besides deads I go light on everything, and just have perfect form. I also wanted to add that I think your bis look porportional. Just make sure you are eating right, training to grow muscle (and not just lifting more weight).

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
It's funny how so many people think that weight lifted isn't correlated with muscle size. Sorry, but the difference between a "powerlifter" and a "bodybuilder" has more to do with DIET than it does with training.

burymestanding

burymestanding

Awards
I hope you didn't think I was saying powerlifting is a waste... I have mad respect for it. I mean look a johnny jackson haha. For me, I have personally quit worrying about how much weight I was using and focused on quality isolation of the muscles (I still try to go heavy though), this way I grew much more. I will look into the guy you were talking about, but from my friends who are into powerlifting, it seems that they are not focusing in on the specific muscles for lifting. They focus on doing what the f ever they can to get that dang weight up haha.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mTOR25 Anabolics 22
gymaddict20 General Chat 60
CryingEmo General Chat 21
General Chat 0
DmitryWI Weight Loss 19