WTF is wrong with my arms?

Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

  1. Look up DC Training, thats his training program. I dont do DC anymore but I still carry alot of his fundamentals with me. He has ALOT of insightful information online that you can read. It'll change alot of your concepts in working out.


  2. i got this same problem
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    And the thing about the powerlifter/bodybuilder difference. A large majority of the time if the powerlifter cut down he'd blow the bodybuilder out of the water in term of thickness and size. .
    again, most powerlifters i see are naturally thick guys with slower metabolisims...i still say a good portion of them went to powerlifting as an "alternate route" sometime in thier lifting history...though they they usually wont admit it. i have known alot of them and that is my opinion... i have one friend that was a powerlifter and decided to give bodybuilding a try. so he cut down like u said... he ended up having way too much skin left over. he looked alright but nothing was that cut... and his stomach looked kinda like a sixpack with a slab of dough over it. he said "see this is why i started powerlifting in the first place." point being that if ur kinda chunky to start u might wanna try powerlifting...unless u can deal with never really being ripped. sounds harsh but i call it the way i see it

    the size of the arms comments are stupid....its about proportion. arms isnt all that matters lol. its everything.... as in how well the arms sit in proportion with the shoulders/traps. huge arms with no shoulders or traps looks alien like. or whats the point of big arms if it comes with a big belly? u see?

  4. again, you're an idiot. You call powerlifting an "alternative route". That's a joke. Obviously you are not masculine enough to know the rush it is to lift a huge ammount of weight in front of alot of people. Thats what powerlifters do it for. Not because they are not "genetically gifted" enough with "fast metabolisms", that's just someone who isn't even 200 pounds thinking he's a body builder. Show me one person who can bench 500 pounds than if he cut down to 8-10% body fat which I am sure you are not wouldn't weigh more than 200 pounds at your height, you cant. Being a powerlifter doesn't mean you have to be a lard ass. Look at Pudgenowski(sp), he sure as hell isn't. The skin comment is also a joke. Tell me we can fly people to the moon but we don't have cream to tighten up skin? Being 20% body fat is not obesely fat and definitely can be recovered to look firm when a person is 6-8%.

    And about your second comment. Don't call MY comments stupid when you're the one who is too stupid to interprut them. Please show me where I said to just work you're arms. I am a huge advocate of heavy compound lifts as the basis of your workout program. How many guys do you know who can bench 500 pounds, squat 600 pounds, deadlift 600 pounds that post threads complaining about how they cannot get there arms to grow? NONE. Getting big doesn't involve curling 20lb DB's with picture perfect presice form contracting your Bi's at every position through the curl and breathing with the prowl of a tiger. I'd much rather see someone curling 70's with a few cheat reps at the end of there set. That's how you put on size. Muscles grow from lifting HEAVY.

    Again as I have posted in previous posts, this is a matter of personal opinion. However, organutan, your opion is not something i'd consider of any relevance as it is too biased to someone who obviously thinks he is a "bodybuilder".

    Quote Originally Posted by orangutan View Post
    again, most powerlifters i see are naturally thick guys with slower metabolisims...i still say a good portion of them went to powerlifting as an "alternate route" sometime in thier lifting history...though they they usually wont admit it. i have known alot of them and that is my opinion... i have one friend that was a powerlifter and decided to give bodybuilding a try. so he cut down like u said... he ended up having way too much skin left over. he looked alright but nothing was that cut... and his stomach looked kinda like a sixpack with a slab of dough over it. he said "see this is why i started powerlifting in the first place." point being that if ur kinda chunky to start u might wanna try powerlifting...unless u can deal with never really being ripped. sounds harsh but i call it the way i see it

    the size of the arms comments are stupid....its about proportion. arms isnt all that matters lol. its everything.... as in how well the arms sit in proportion with the shoulders/traps. huge arms with no shoulders or traps looks alien like. or whats the point of big arms if it comes with a big belly? u see?

  5. Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    again, you're an idiot. You call powerlifting an "alternative route". That's a joke. Obviously you are not masculine enough to know the rush it is to lift a huge ammount of weight in front of alot of people. Thats what powerlifters do it for. Not because they are not "genetically gifted" enough with "fast metabolisms", that's just someone who isn't even 200 pounds thinking he's a body builder. Show me one person who can bench 500 pounds than if he cut down to 8-10% body fat which I am sure you are not wouldn't weigh more than 200 pounds at your height, you cant. Being a powerlifter doesn't mean you have to be a lard ass. Look at Pudgenowski(sp), he sure as hell isn't. The skin comment is also a joke. Tell me we can fly people to the moon but we don't have cream to tighten up skin? Being 20% body fat is not obesely fat and definitely can be recovered to look firm when a person is 6-8%.

    And about your second comment. Don't call MY comments stupid when you're the one who is too stupid to interprut them. Please show me where I said to just work you're arms. I am a huge advocate of heavy compound lifts as the basis of your workout program. How many guys do you know who can bench 500 pounds, squat 600 pounds, deadlift 600 pounds that post threads complaining about how they cannot get there arms to grow? NONE. Getting big doesn't involve curling 20lb DB's with picture perfect presice form contracting your Bi's at every position through the curl and breathing with the prowl of a tiger. I'd much rather see someone curling 70's with a few cheat reps at the end of there set. That's how you put on size. Muscles grow from lifting HEAVY.

    Again as I have posted in previous posts, this is a matter of personal opinion. However, organutan, your opion is not something i'd consider of any relevance as it is too biased to someone who obviously thinks he is a "bodybuilder".
    no need to call me an idiot....i clearly said it was MY opinion and what I have seen. now, on the contrary...i have seen guys wo were powerlifters and built fairly well, just not cut. personally, i understand powerlifting for strongman contest, or football or sports. doing it for the "rush" u speak of....well, lets say not for me. suit yourself buddy. i'd rather look huge and cut and in proportion and get the ladys....sounds more fun to me but hey....do what u want im all for that.

    so u go ahead and continue to look flabby and soft at OVER 200lbs lol, and ill keep looking huge and hard and bigger than u at UNDER 200lbs. by the way...do they have good education out there in alabama? have a nice day man
    •   
       


  6. In grad school they sure do. And for your other point, Mr. "Can I take noxplode with my steroids", even with your steroids you are not bigger than me nor look better.

  7. That education comment is the least educated comment in this whole thread too btw, I dont know if you realized this but the civil war was 150 years ago. The Alabama being a uneducated and poor state is sort of a thing of the past. However, if you ever want to come visit i'd be glad to show you around

  8. and.. I have a beautiful lady who is intelligent and respects me more for working hard and lifting hard than shooting steroids up my ass twice a week. You're 190 pounds after taking 2 cycles rescently? Do you honestly think that is impressive to ANYONE? You're a joke and a tool. Obviously your personality and looks are not up to par so you have to resort to steroids to try to find a stupid girl who will like you because you have nice muscles, which I am sure you wont tell her how you really got them. Get a life, fool.

  9. struck a nerve ehh flabby? lol. your extra 20lbs is in ur ass and belly anyway from the pic. im maybe 6-7%, arms are about 19-19.5"

    btw post a pic of the gf.....if u have enough confidence to post a pic of what u just did, then a pic of the beautiful girlfreind should be just as classic. please do so i can enjoy myself

  10. im just gonna chime in and say my arms are 15" and im only 5'6... and i def think my arms could use some work and also agree they are SMALL but LOOK huge... Also for the OP i found that focusing a lot on my tri's and not my bi's gave my upper arm a lil more round look to it... which is what i feel you are worried about because my arms looked almost identical to urs a month ago.

  11. You've been on this forum for years NEVER posting a picture of yourself. Hard to believe from someone asking if he can take NoXplode with his Deca and Test. Yet somehow you think you have the authority to judge other peoples pictures? I'm sure everyone on here would LOVE to see someone living at contest bf with 19.5inch arms! You'd be a inspiration to all the 5'7 and under crowd on the forum. So why dont YOU post your pics up(you should have no problem since you have built the testosterone body of perfection). Then maybe I will feel like I have something to prove to someone who claims to be 25 but types and acts like he is 18.

    ps-- Dont download some picture of a guy with big muscles you jerk off too off Yahoo Images, actually post one of you, that means have something in the pic to prove it is you.


    Quote Originally Posted by orangutan View Post
    struck a nerve ehh flabby? lol. your extra 20lbs is in ur ass and belly anyway from the pic. im maybe 6-7%, arms are about 19-19.5"

    btw post a pic of the gf.....if u have enough confidence to post a pic of what u just did, then a pic of the beautiful girlfreind should be just as classic. please do so i can enjoy myself

  12. I'd also like to see the 300lb bench. At 164, that is quite a feat. Thats almost double your body weight and not many can do that.

  13. I think your arms looked proportioned.

    Are you working your arms? Your arms will usually grow from big compounds only.

    My arms plateaued really bad at 13". I did a lot of arm isolation for them and couldn't get past that. Then, I dropped arm isolation and they jumped to 15" in just over a year. I just incorporated arm drive back into my routine back in November and they are up to 16" now.

    It's a general rule of thumb; however, that you put 1 inch on your arms for every 15 pounds you gain. So the way to gain arm circumference is through gaining weight.

  14. Your arms look normal to me.

    -HB-

  15. wow 300lbs bench, i cant even do that and we are like the same height, 225 for deadlifts is really low considering all your other numbers, maybe work on your deadlifts and bent over barbell rows a litle more.

    i say legs need work too

  16. H0other, post pics before you run your mouth. You avi make you look like you have no shape. 220?...ok...?

    Powerlifters and bodybuilders are different people a but not really. I think its Johnnie Jackson who actually competes in Powerlifting off season.
    Some BBers like to lift heavy amounts of wieght, not worry about form, etc etc...

    Powerlifters usually never worry about form to the T like BBers, no symmetry issues to fix.

    This is a useless arguement.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by GymRat7197 View Post
    I think your arms looked proportioned.

    Are you working your arms? Your arms will usually grow from big compounds only.

    .
    Mine never grow through other lifts besides others directed to them...sorry. I just dont know how people say that. Maybe it helps to stimulate the muscle or something, but you wont grow parts without direct desctruction and hypertrophy.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    Mine never grow through other lifts besides others directed to them...sorry. I just dont know how people say that. Maybe it helps to stimulate the muscle or something, but you wont grow parts without direct desctruction and hypertrophy.
    x2

    i think arms are one of the few muscles that need a lot of isolation

  19. Even if I was 120 pounds at 40% body fat i'd still run my mouth, the founding fathers of the USA gave me that right and I use it to the utmost of my ability. I have currently cut to 210 and had my bf checked Friday and it was listed at 12%. I'm waiting til I get to 8% at 200 pounds as people on this forum dont understand that the best way to build muscle is to bulk up during the offseason rather than stay lean year round.

    And about the BB/PL thing. I'd love to see the terrible form of these powerlifters you talk of. I'm guessing from the way you say it they bench bouncing it off there chest and only going half way up? squatting half way down and jumping at the top? Tell me exactly how there form is so much different and supposedly WORSE in your opinion.


    Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    H0other, post pics before you run your mouth. You avi make you look like you have no shape. 220?...ok...?

    Powerlifters and bodybuilders are different people a but not really. I think its Johnnie Jackson who actually competes in Powerlifting off season.
    Some BBers like to lift heavy amounts of wieght, not worry about form, etc etc...

    Powerlifters usually never worry about form to the T like BBers, no symmetry issues to fix.

    This is a useless arguement.

  20. prove it and post pics/videos. LOL

  21. 9 times out of 10,,,,,,pics or vids resolve e-arguments......

    i rep for authentic pics and/or vids

  22. lol at this thread and its derailment
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  23. Bolt -- I dont get it either, i'm such a nice and agreeable guy!! hahahahaha

    Rest of you f'ers - I'll put a pic up of my back as my profile pic from last week here in a minute but I dont have a camera at campus, so I will have to wait until next week when I go home to see the fam til I can supply you with new pictures of me for your viewing pleasure.

  24. Actually, I'll just start a thread in a week or so with pic's. But when I do expect Rep's galore.

    Mental Twitch -- How can you comment on someones pic's when the only pic I can find of you looks like it was taken inside a tanning bed with the light on? When I post that thread I expect you'll be starting one too with normal pictures?

    I'm going to leave this thread alone now so it can get back to helping navy with his arms lol.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    Actually, I'll just start a thread in a week or so with pic's. But when I do expect Rep's galore.

    Mental Twitch -- How can you comment on someones pic's when the only pic I can find of you looks like it was taken inside a tanning bed with the light on? When I post that thread I expect you'll be starting one too with normal pictures?

    I'm going to leave this thread alone now so it can get back to helping navy with his arms lol.
    NICE
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Wtf is up with my injection?
    By DBdude in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-04-2011, 10:59 PM
  2. WTF is wrong with people?!!!!!!
    By gymaddict20 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 06:55 PM
  3. Wtf is wrong with people?
    By CryingEmo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-17-2008, 07:13 PM
  4. What The **** Is Wrong With My Computer???
    By canadian champ in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-21-2006, 12:29 AM
  5. WTF is wrong with LeMelange?
    By Carlito in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-15-2005, 04:54 PM
Log in
Log in