WTF is wrong with my arms?

Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

1. You've been on this forum for years NEVER posting a picture of yourself. Hard to believe from someone asking if he can take NoXplode with his Deca and Test. Yet somehow you think you have the authority to judge other peoples pictures? I'm sure everyone on here would LOVE to see someone living at contest bf with 19.5inch arms! You'd be a inspiration to all the 5'7 and under crowd on the forum. So why dont YOU post your pics up(you should have no problem since you have built the testosterone body of perfection). Then maybe I will feel like I have something to prove to someone who claims to be 25 but types and acts like he is 18.

ps-- Dont download some picture of a guy with big muscles you jerk off too off Yahoo Images, actually post one of you, that means have something in the pic to prove it is you.

Quote Originally Posted by orangutan View Post
    struck a nerve ehh flabby? lol. your extra 20lbs is in ur ass and belly anyway from the pic. im maybe 6-7%, arms are about 19-19.5"

btw post a pic of the gf.....if u have enough confidence to post a pic of what u just did, then a pic of the beautiful girlfreind should be just as classic. please do so i can enjoy myself

2. I'd also like to see the 300lb bench. At 164, that is quite a feat. Thats almost double your body weight and not many can do that.
    •   

3. I think your arms looked proportioned.

Are you working your arms? Your arms will usually grow from big compounds only.

My arms plateaued really bad at 13". I did a lot of arm isolation for them and couldn't get past that. Then, I dropped arm isolation and they jumped to 15" in just over a year. I just incorporated arm drive back into my routine back in November and they are up to 16" now.

It's a general rule of thumb; however, that you put 1 inch on your arms for every 15 pounds you gain. So the way to gain arm circumference is through gaining weight.

4. Your arms look normal to me.

-HB-

5. wow 300lbs bench, i cant even do that and we are like the same height, 225 for deadlifts is really low considering all your other numbers, maybe work on your deadlifts and bent over barbell rows a litle more.

i say legs need work too
    •   

6. H0other, post pics before you run your mouth. You avi make you look like you have no shape. 220?...ok...?

Powerlifters and bodybuilders are different people a but not really. I think its Johnnie Jackson who actually competes in Powerlifting off season.
    Some BBers like to lift heavy amounts of wieght, not worry about form, etc etc...

Powerlifters usually never worry about form to the T like BBers, no symmetry issues to fix.

This is a useless arguement.

7. Quote Originally Posted by GymRat7197 View Post
    I think your arms looked proportioned.

Are you working your arms? Your arms will usually grow from big compounds only.

Mine never grow through other lifts besides others directed to them...sorry. I just dont know how people say that. Maybe it helps to stimulate the muscle or something, but you wont grow parts without direct desctruction and hypertrophy.

8. Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    Mine never grow through other lifts besides others directed to them...sorry. I just dont know how people say that. Maybe it helps to stimulate the muscle or something, but you wont grow parts without direct desctruction and hypertrophy.
    x2

i think arms are one of the few muscles that need a lot of isolation

9. Even if I was 120 pounds at 40% body fat i'd still run my mouth, the founding fathers of the USA gave me that right and I use it to the utmost of my ability. I have currently cut to 210 and had my bf checked Friday and it was listed at 12%. I'm waiting til I get to 8% at 200 pounds as people on this forum dont understand that the best way to build muscle is to bulk up during the offseason rather than stay lean year round.

And about the BB/PL thing. I'd love to see the terrible form of these powerlifters you talk of. I'm guessing from the way you say it they bench bouncing it off there chest and only going half way up? squatting half way down and jumping at the top? Tell me exactly how there form is so much different and supposedly WORSE in your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    H0other, post pics before you run your mouth. You avi make you look like you have no shape. 220?...ok...?

Powerlifters and bodybuilders are different people a but not really. I think its Johnnie Jackson who actually competes in Powerlifting off season.
    Some BBers like to lift heavy amounts of wieght, not worry about form, etc etc...

Powerlifters usually never worry about form to the T like BBers, no symmetry issues to fix.

This is a useless arguement.

10. prove it and post pics/videos. LOL

11. 9 times out of 10,,,,,,pics or vids resolve e-arguments......

i rep for authentic pics and/or vids

12. lol at this thread and its derailment
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

13. Bolt -- I dont get it either, i'm such a nice and agreeable guy!! hahahahaha

Rest of you f'ers - I'll put a pic up of my back as my profile pic from last week here in a minute but I dont have a camera at campus, so I will have to wait until next week when I go home to see the fam til I can supply you with new pictures of me for your viewing pleasure.

14. Actually, I'll just start a thread in a week or so with pic's. But when I do expect Rep's galore.

Mental Twitch -- How can you comment on someones pic's when the only pic I can find of you looks like it was taken inside a tanning bed with the light on? When I post that thread I expect you'll be starting one too with normal pictures?

I'm going to leave this thread alone now so it can get back to helping navy with his arms lol.

15. Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    Actually, I'll just start a thread in a week or so with pic's. But when I do expect Rep's galore.

Mental Twitch -- How can you comment on someones pic's when the only pic I can find of you looks like it was taken inside a tanning bed with the light on? When I post that thread I expect you'll be starting one too with normal pictures?

I'm going to leave this thread alone now so it can get back to helping navy with his arms lol.
    NICE

16. Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    Everyone is different, but once you have your frame (in which you obviously do) direct arm work is necessary.

I broke a 13" arm plateau by not doing arm work, through. Seeing arms are overloaded in the bigger / heavy compounds.

My traps for example are massive and I never work them. Same thing with my calves, while some people have to hammer their traps and calves. I, at the moment, have to work my arms for arm growth.

But let's not forget, it's a general rule of thumb that you gain 1 inch on your arms every 15 pounds you gain, so if you're not gaining weight it isn't likely you'll be gaining inches to your arms.

17. What's nice ?

And gymrat hit the nail on the head. These arguments are ridiculous because everyone is differen Mentally, physically, genetically. The moral of this story should be to try different things and then stick with what works.

18. Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    What's nice ?

And gymrat hit the nail on the head. These arguments are ridiculous because everyone is differen Mentally, physically, genetically. The moral of this story should be to try different things and then stick with what works.
    or take pieces of everybodys unique advice and try em all out and create your own out of what worked most efficient!

19. Quote Originally Posted by buster0371 View Post
    or take pieces of everybodys unique advice and try em all out and create your own out of what worked most efficient!
    That's exactly what I've done. I read up on guys that have interesting theories and principles behind their routine and diet plans. I take what information makes sense from some and add them in.

For example, I like Mark Rippetoe and some of what he says, but that "drink a gallon of milk per day" bull**** I think he was smoking some serious weed. The whole "don't do arm work, don't do more than one chest exercise" type stuff I disagree with, too.

20. Quote Originally Posted by GymRat7197 View Post
    That's exactly what I've done. I read up on guys that have interesting theories and principles behind their routine and diet plans. I take what information makes sense from some and add them in.

For example, I like Mark Rippetoe and some of what he says, but that "drink a gallon of milk per day" bull**** I think he was smoking some serious weed. The whole "don't do arm work, don't do more than one chest exercise" type stuff I disagree with, too.
    sounds like the sour diesel is getting to his head a little bit

FOR YALL THAT DONT KNOW SOUR DIESEL IS A POPULAR STRAIN OF WEED THAT BELONGS TO THE KUSH FAMILY. NOT CHRONIC!

21. I've had people tell me hundreds of times over the last couple of years that incline presses are for useless due to it being a movement that compromises anterior deltoid utilization and the pec, they don't believe you CAN target an upper pec, but I disagree.

When I look in the mirror, I see well developed chest with a flat upper chest where the line that is suppose to separate the pecs disappears directly before the upper portion, the severity of an underdeveloped chest is noted by my own posture and I've been training long enough to know it isn't necessarily an insecurity but the effectiveness of a bench press alone isn't enough to develop my whole chest. Therefore, I've avoided this and further developed the upper chest by performing incline presses.

If someone has a natural genetic outline, then sure, just work with bench presses and they'll grow, but no one is the same and different exercises help different people. So arguing over which movements are "useless" is a complete newbie discussion.

22. The last 3 weeks i have focused on a heavy compound 5x5 set up with 3 days of squats and deads in the middle. On the 300 pound bench comment about wanting a video, when i was on a 7 month cruise in the gulf a few months ago all i did was 100 pound dumbell press and hammer strength machines so i do have alot of power in my chest. Next time i do a 1rm i will try to tape it but i lift on base and i dont know if they allow it. I think i could get up more cause i did get up 285 3 times clean with no bounce off. On the 225 dead lifts, i never done them until i started this run. Now im getting up 285 5x4 and 315 on the last one. Ive only done them for 3 weeks so it should go up in a month or so.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Navyrigger View Post
    The last 3 weeks i have focused on a heavy compound 5x5 set up with 3 days of squats and deads in the middle. On the 300 pound bench comment about wanting a video, when i was on a 7 month cruise in the gulf a few months ago all i did was 100 pound dumbell press and hammer strength machines so i do have alot of power in my chest. Next time i do a 1rm i will try to tape it but i lift on base and i dont know if they allow it. I think i could get up more cause i did get up 285 3 times clean with no bounce off. On the 225 dead lifts, i never done them until i started this run. Now im getting up 285 5x4 and 315 on the last one. Ive only done them for 3 weeks so it should go up in a month or so.
    RIGHT RIGHT!

24. check branch's form out lol...hes a bodybuilder right? watch these vids theyre like my motivation..

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...arren_workouts

25. your right me and you have very similar builds, same height, same weight. except you do a lot more weight than me. but my arms look way bigger than yours. your strength definately is a notch above mine. so with that being said, your arms must be underdeveloped because I dont even work mine out and they are bigger than yours.

26. Quote Originally Posted by buster0371 View Post
    your right me and you have very similar builds, same height, same weight. except you do a lot more weight than me. but my arms look way bigger than yours. your strength definately is a notch above mine. so with that being said, your arms must be underdeveloped because I dont even work mine out and they are bigger than yours.
    Not necessarily, if you and I are the same height and weight it doesn't really mean we will be the same size exactly in measurements, simply due to frame, genetics, etc.

I have a cousin that is 6'1" and weighs about 170, people swear up and down he is bigger than me just due to his natural genetic build and frame, I'm 5'7" and 15 pounds heavier than he is and still look smaller, I can out bench him by about 150 pounds too.

The moral is different people will look different at different sizes.

27. 5 years ago when i started to play around with lifting i was 130 with a bit of a gut. That must have something to do with it to.

28. Quote Originally Posted by GymRat7197 View Post
    Not necessarily, if you and I are the same height and weight it doesn't really mean we will be the same size exactly in measurements, simply due to frame, genetics, etc.

I have a cousin that is 6'1" and weighs about 170, people swear up and down he is bigger than me just due to his natural genetic build and frame, I'm 5'7" and 15 pounds heavier than he is and still look smaller, I can out bench him by about 150 pounds too.

very true, but if we are the same height, same weight, what is left? muscular size? frame size? you can tell my comparing his and my pictures that my muscles are a lot bigger, but considering we are the same weight his frame is probably a little bigger. but his strength numbers are soo much greater than mine. either hes inflating his numbers, or i dunno. maybe hes super androgenic or something

29. Quote Originally Posted by GymRat7197 View Post

yes ive noticed this too... alot of the time it has to do with braud shoulders ive noticed. i also noticed that clothes play quite a part, sounds stupid but it does.

30. Quote Originally Posted by buster0371 View Post
    very true, but if we are the same height, same weight, what is left? muscular size? frame size? you can tell my comparing his and my pictures that my muscles are a lot bigger, but considering we are the same weight his frame is probably a little bigger. but his strength numbers are soo much greater than mine. either hes inflating his numbers, or i dunno. maybe hes super androgenic or something
    The simple approach is acknowledging that we all look different at different sizes. For example, if I look up to a guy that is 5'7" 160 pounds, if I'm 160 pounds and the same bodyfat% it's less likely that I'll look like him than I will look like him. Simply due to genetics, he may just be a genetically bigger guy.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. help with arms
    By powerseeker in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 10:50 AM
  2. GET BIG ARMS
    By Tex44 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 11:34 PM
  3. BIG ARMS!!!!
    By lift or die in forum Training Forum