Can you help with BF%? Scale says 31%

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
Alright, I never thought I was this high and the Omron scale says 31%.....I know these are not pinpoint accurate...but I just wanted to get an idea what you guys think.

These are some crummy camera phone shots!

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys. I am at 215 now. I want to shoot to get down to 190 - 200 and see what I look like from there. My buddy was trying to get me to pin now with a Test/Winny cycle and I don't feel comfortable looking like this and doing that. Need to cut!

And when the scale said 31% I thought......jesus, I really need to cut. I just didn't think 31% was what I looked like.

rush808

rush808

Awards
20-22, but yeah 30? is there a athlete setting on the scale you used?

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
20-22, but yeah 30? is there a athlete setting on the scale you used?
unfortunately no....It is the omron hbf-400. I wanted to get an idea of what amount of weight I needed to lose so I could cut down to 13-15%.

It does have very accurate scaling though lol.

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
hey i dont know if this helps but it may. I used to be 212 pounds about 31% bf. I had a lot bigger gut than you but maybe this will help for visual reference

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
you also look like you have a lot more muscle mass than I did/do. So ya i would say high teens/ low twenties for you.

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
you also look like you have a lot more muscle mass than I did/do. So ya i would say high teens/ low twenties for you.
Yeah that definitely helped. Gives me a better understanding of the look of the percentages.
Thanks for that

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
those omron's use bioelectric impedance for measuring, so its a better measure of how well hydrated you are than bodyfat levels... Calipers are a better judge for sure.

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
Still worried cause my chest looks awkward, but I had surgery when I was younger on it so hopefully it will shape out a bit.
I was planning on dropping 15 pounds but I might shoot high and try to get down to 190 - 195.....but I think 15 is more realistic at this point.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
haha.. Def not 31, or even close. 20 maximum.

blakkbwoy

blakkbwoy

Awards
definitely not in the 30's, I agree with high teens low 20's

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Maurice I would say our bodies types are similiar, I may be carrying more fat than you, pretty sure i am and im at 22-24% so you should be 18-22 maybe

Hopefully we get selected for the controlled lab testers! Good luck buddy!

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
Maurice I would say our bodies types are similiar, I may be carrying more fat than you, pretty sure i am and im at 22-24% so you should be 18-22 maybe

Hopefully we get selected for the controlled lab testers! Good luck buddy!
yeah i sure hope so. Find out soon enough!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Yup a little more than 12 hours ;) Good Luck buddy!

vadox6466

Haha, no way you're 31% dude. Echoing what others have already said, you're in the high teens.. 18% or 19%..

The first picture shows it best, I think. If you look at your lower stomach area, you're not carrying a whole lot of fat. At 31% you'd have a huge gut.

Also,

StephenSavage

Awards
Yee in the bay
first glance to me you looked between 18-20%

jsg

jsg

Awards
Well I don't beleive 18% for sure since I just got checked about 3 1/2 weeks ago, was at 17% and was alot leaner then that from what I remember when I got checked at 22% cpl years ago I would say your around 25 or a bit lower but it always depend on where you carry most of your fat. I never had a very big gut even at 22% and even higher probably but the love handles where there and the side of my pecs was always storing alot of fat so we will see your result but I would say more close to 25 then 18.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DK0313 Natural Bodybuilding 0
DK0313 Nutrition / Health 0
DK0313 Nutrition / Health 19
DK0313 Weight Loss 4
DK0313 Pics 7