3-4 months into dedicated training

singlejm

singlejm

Awards
I started training about 9 months ago but was a raging alcoholic when i started and had no idea what i was doing. I started at 215-220. I have givin up the booze and have been dedicated with a diet and training 3-4 days a week for the last 3-4 months. I supp ON whey, Creatine, citrulline malate, beta alanine, green tea, and fish oil daily. i do between .5 to lately 1 mile if cardio and then a 45-1hr. training session. Back and bi's, chest and tri's, legs and shoulders. The last week I have bumped it up to 6 times a week. i go through the first cycle then just feel out what body part is not sore and work like that the other 3 days. Eat a very clean diet except on Sundays. I keep my carbs below 150 through the week and try to jack them up once a week to 400 to shock the system. I'm weighing at 168 at time of these pics but that was after breakfest and several shakes. When I wake up in the morning I weigh 163 right know. Thinking bout trying to get to 155 then a clean bulk. I really notice how much a good tan and shadows play in taking good pics!! I am so pasty it really drowns out the lines i see when i look in the mirror. Anyway just looking for feedback and suggestions, especially about gettin down to 155. Got a digital bodyfat thing and it says 14 but i feel i'm closer to 12. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

singlejm

singlejm

Awards
progress

thanks guys. any suggestions on how low to go with the weight?

crowpass

crowpass

Awards
  • Established
stay where you are at least, build some muscle. Bulk up and gain some lbm and then go on a cut.

singlejm

singlejm

Awards
Need to know where to go from here with diet?

anybody got a guess on body fat%. The electronic bounces from high 13 to low 14. I hope i'm closer to 12%. So don't lose anymore weight? I;m 5"7 and 163-168 depending on time of day. Thinking about going down to 155 and gettin into single digit bodyfat then a clean bulk? Bad idea to lose that much weight? My diet consists of shake and small glass of gatorade in the morning with creatine, citrulline malate, beta alanine. Then usually have 2 packets of oatmeal, then workout, then sip on low calorie gatorade during the workout with BCAA, citrulline and Beta alanine, then a douoble shake with creatine after workout. Bout 1-2 hours later have a chicken breast with 1/2 to 1 cup of whole grain rice, then bout 6-7pm have a turkey or ham sandwich on double protein whole grain bread and maybe some veggies, then cap the night off at about 9-10 with chicken breast or fish, basically no more carbs after 7. Then take some ZMA and crash. that is essentially the routine. Please offer suggestions and or criticisms of this diet as it has enabled me to cut about 50lbs while maintaining decent muscle. I need to know where to go from here with my diet!!??

blakkbwoy

blakkbwoy

Awards
good job on the training, starting look tight. Also GREAT job on kickin the bottle! Im next...hopefully LMAO!

blakkbwoy

blakkbwoy

Awards
Oh yeah by the way, likin the gym man! Nothing says "Im fukkin serious" better than a basement home gym!

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
good job on the training, starting look tight. Also GREAT job on kickin the bottle! Im next...hopefully LMAO!
We nah apologize to no batty bwoy.

To the OP: Good job, I wouldnt worry about losing any more weight. If you put on enough muslce you'll look like you dropped BF :D

singlejm

singlejm

Awards
training

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I just joined a hardcore gym here locally and am really hoping to step up my intensity. Anybody got a guess on the bodyfat. I'm gonna post pics in about a week to do a comparison of my progress.

Jayhawk34

Jayhawk34

Awards
Thanks for the encouragement guys. I just joined a hardcore gym here locally and am really hoping to step up my intensity. Anybody got a guess on the bodyfat. I'm gonna post pics in about a week to do a comparison of my progress.
Nice work so far! As someone else mentioned I wouldn't drop too much more before adding lbm. You will look more lean once you add some more muscle. It's really hard to judge bf% from pics too. 14% is nothing to be ashamed of man! Most people underestimate their % anyways, so don't let it get to your head and keep up the great work. And I would also love to have your setup in my basement too :laugh:

basspro

basspro

Awards
Great progress. Congrats on giving up the bottle and taking up a positive additction. Have fun bulking just keep it as clean as you can.

singlejm

singlejm

Awards
training

Thanks again for the positive responses from everyone. It really motivates me to keep pushing even harder to meet my goals and see how far I can push my body!

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
Dude your gym is kickass...I would never leave my basement if it looked like that...