got traps?

size

Awards
  • Established
Good development and lean. Now lose the chain.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
hehe i just did that so you could relate to the size of the traps..

and im really not that lean.. its mainly lighting.. well im lean in wierd places.. im one of those people who is lean everywhere but their damn midsection.. grr

size

Awards
  • Established
well im lean in wierd places.. im one of those people who is lean everywhere but their damn midsection.. grr
That does suck. Some unfortunately are just predisposed to caryy more fat around the waist.

You do look rather lean though especially considering it is winter and i am assuming that pic is w/o a pump.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
yeah it is without a pump.. and yes im bulking.. and yes its hard to not eat the bad food haha

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Looking good Lake, some good muscle density and maturity it seems, keep it up! :)

b-boy

Awards
your pretty thick bro, you can def. tell you have spent some worthwhile time in the gym.....LOL   nice job bro!   :D

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
thanks guys!

the funny thing is tho.. i NEVER train traps directly..

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I never train traps either..

Lookin' thick there, brother! :)

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by LakeMountD

gotta catch up with people like you ;)
Fine! Force me to be the pic-whore that I am! :D

Snapped this 5mins. ago, had to resize..

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Damn pete you monster!! Lookin' huge as usual.:D

You look pretty damn good as well, LakeMountD!

bigV

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Man if only I had a digital camera! lol

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
i dont have any pics of my traps from the front....you can see them from the back though...easy on the bf haha I'm alot leaner and actually alot more muscular now...sorry I dont know how to add a pic so I attatched it.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Great trap development...This is one of those muscle's that make you look huge even with a shirt or sweater on. Big traps are alot like Biceps not alot to it but has a huge impact on other people perceive your development....Best trap exercise for me is the deadlift....

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Great trap development...This is one of those muscle's that make you look huge even with a shirt or sweater on. Big traps are alot like Biceps not alot to it but has a huge impact on other people perceive your development....Best trap exercise for me is the deadlift....
Deadlift? I dont feel deadlifts in my traps at all, mostly lower back. I go with 4 sets of dumbell shrugs, 4 sets close grip smith machine shrugs, 4 sets of upright rows

mrfumetsu

Awards
Deadlift? I dont feel deadlifts in my traps at all, mostly lower back. I go with 4 sets of dumbell shrugs, 4 sets close grip smith machine shrugs, 4 sets of upright rows
you're crazy if you don't feel deadlifts in your traps. lift heavier, or perhaps lift properly.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Heavy deadlifts in college explains my trap development.. I just like the looks I get when I tell people I never did direct trap work before until a year ago.. ;)

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Bro, looking at you're pic I'd say you might wanna go about training traps a little different. And next to power cleans, the deadlift will build you're traps more than anything. The deadlift will build you're ENTIRE back more than anything.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Bro, looking at you're pic I'd say you might wanna go about training traps a little different. And next to power cleans, the deadlift will build you're traps more than anything. The deadlift will build you're ENTIRE back more than anything.
Maybe my form is off then. I'll have to pay more attention to my form when I do them next (actually tommorow). I think part of the problem is I need some wraps because I lost my grip way before my back gives out.

azgymrat

Awards
Well here ya go. Always been a weak spot but getting better. Favorite trap exercise: I call them power rows, cross between a power clean and wide grip upright row. Started doing them for delts but they tear up traps too. done on a smith machine with last set of 4-45's per side for 6 reps.

Last edited:

GeneTikz

Awards
Best trap exercise for me is gripping the smith wide and shrugging.