me at 170 FEEDBACK PLEASE?

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
rate my picture please any areas i can improve i know the pics not the best ill try to post more but thats me at

5'10

Attachments

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Looking good with the upper abs showing but def need some bulk on the shoulders. Depending upon your age and training experience you could try a PH cycle to get some quick gains.

dpfisher

Depending upon your age and training experience you could try a PH cycle to get some quick gains.
You look pretty good (no homo). But I disagree with this, there's def. no need for hormonals yet. I'm not anti-steroid for pros or anything but you got room to grow naturally. If it doesn't make you too sore or anything you could just hit shoulders once extra every week or two, they'll catch up pretty quick that way.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
the top looks well proportioned and condtioned to me.

we need more pics, back and legs. (dont tell me you have some chicken legs)

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Looking good with the upper abs showing but def need some bulk on the shoulders. Depending upon your age and training experience you could try a PH cycle to get some quick gains.
:crackhead:

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Depending upon your age and training experience you could try a PH cycle to get some quick gains.
Since you didnt like my emoticon, Heres the layman version. Your a bad person for recomending steroids to some kid to get "quick gains".

I realize you included the caveat of "age and exp" but I dont think steroids should be advocated, information should merely be made available.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i dont think you should just reccommend ph or steroids to someone like that 'for quick gains' either. It creates a very bad image and the reason why we get things banned and a bad wrap for using steroids in bodybuilding, its people like you that get others to think its ok, its the easy way, guys that dont even know what they are doing diet or training wise, 'just hit up them ph's man its quick and easy'. :nono: Do you even know his history? Age? Not a good idea.

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
Without jumping on Warsteiner's back, I do agree with the others. I do not think his comment was intentionally trying to hurt anyone or any image. Hopefully he/she will recognize the mistake and learn. Anyways, regarding the picture... Great pec and ab development!

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
Shoulders are lagging behind rest of your development, but its really hard to tell with this pic. Can u post more. Lookn great though!

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys appriciate all the comments and advice... i dont wanna touch any hormone things yet i just started taking vyotech 17hd and thats a natural test booster i was scared enough taking that..

but yeaa can anyone give me a good shoulder routine? My shoulders hurt alot after benching and generally get sore pretty easy. anyone got a good routine for building Mass quickly?

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
looks like alot of shoulder work anythiing maybe two tiimes a week type workout? playing football in h.s. killed my shoulders =/

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
but yeaa can anyone give me a good shoulder routine? My shoulders hurt alot after benching and generally get sore pretty easy. anyone got a good routine for building Mass quickly?
One thing that will help is making sure each exercise is utilizing your muscle of intended use. Ex. Only your chest should hurt for chest day.

The reason i mention that is, if your shoulders are sore, then you do shoulder exercises, you could be over training them.

My favorite exercises for shoulders are lateral lifts, (bent over) rear delt lifts and clean and presses. I feel like most peoples front delts are over developed, so I've always made and effort to do my rear delts first, so that they get fully worked.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys appriciate all the comments and advice... i dont wanna touch any hormone things yet i just started taking vyotech 17hd and thats a natural test booster i was scared enough taking that..

military press and upright rows. try the upright rows on the smith machine, and include some DC stretching when you're done :)

crowpass

crowpass

Awards
  • Established
stretch your muscle to the point of pain and hold for a good 15 seconds from what i know. I like to stand infront of the smith machine with the bar at about my chest (hieght wise) and i turn my back to the bar and grab the bar from behind my back and slowly kneel down until i can feel my pecs and my shoulders stretch, i usually hold for 15 seconds and take deep heavy breaths.

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
i dont think you should just reccommend ph or steroids to someone like that 'for quick gains' either. It creates a very bad image and the reason why we get things banned and a bad wrap for using steroids in bodybuilding, its people like you that get others to think its ok, its the easy way, guys that dont even know what they are doing diet or training wise, 'just hit up them ph's man its quick and easy'. :nono: Do you even know his history? Age? Not a good idea.

Well said.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
When you do upright rows on the smith, make sure to have a wide grip. I used that for months and i worked very well until I was acclimated to the workout.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
damn i forgot to mention id never trained shoulders dircetly. Id push press etc.. things like that. However nothing more then 3 sets for shoulders..

would you guys think i could bust threw my bench plateau training shoulders directly? would that also help relieve some of my shoulder pain after benching?

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
how do you do DC stretching for shoulders?
Extreme Shoulder Stretch:

This will take a couple times to really get the hang of it. At a smith machine with the bar at chest level face away from it and reach back and grab the bar with an undergrip. Now slowly walk forward until you are up on your heels and it really starts to stretch. At this point roll your shoulders forward and downward like in the bottom position of a shrug. Hold for 60 seconds if you can, you will feel it in your shoulders, biceps and forearms if you do it right. But it will really hurt up in the front delt area. Again here is a pic of how the stretch will look.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
so do you train with a split routine? what is your training like? this will help us, help you ;)

Blackfish

Blackfish

Awards
would that also help relieve some of my shoulder pain after benching?
I would assume you experience shoulder pain bc you don't train your shoulders and they are weak. So yes, training shoulders (correctly!) should help alleviate some of that pain after benching.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
alright here it goes lol.

Sunday- Back/ couple sets for biceps
Monday- off
tuesday- Biceps/Triceps
Wednesday-Legs
Thursday-Off
Friday-Chest
Saturday-Off

I do heavy deads pretty heavy squats and cycle from 10 reps to 1 rep in bench so im pretty drained after these workouts but anyway i can throw in shoulders would be great. i wanted to get a tat but i also thought my shoulders were too small for it =(

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hot. grow delts.
First thing I thought, need delts bro. Looks good though, focus on shoulder(military) press, and all 3 versions of lateral raises. Big shoulders make you look much bigger!!! Upright rows with a wide grip( inside shoulder with) should be in there also. Go heavy with the press, and moderate(high reps 15+) with the lateral raises.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
you need to change your split, keeping shoulders far away from chest will help you alot.

chest
back
rest
shoulders
legs
rest

chest
legs
rest
back
shoulders
rest

something like that...

allow at least one day of rest between chest workouts and shoulder workouts.

crowpass

crowpass

Awards
  • Established
I must not be training shoulders right, i work my shoulders out after my chest and i dont ever get sore. Even when i was doing my chest on monday and shoulders on friday they never got sore. same with my back. Got any advice?

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
First thing I thought, need delts bro. Looks good though, focus on shoulder(military) press, and all 3 versions of lateral raises. Big shoulders make you look much bigger!!! Upright rows with a wide grip( inside shoulder with) should be in there also. Go heavy with the press, and moderate(high reps 15+) with the lateral raises.

thanks bro so im thinking

3-4 sets of 6 on shoulder press

3-4 sets 6-10 reps on upright rows

and 3-4 sets 15 reps on all 3 lateral raises?

what are the 3? dumb question just cant think now

bent over raises
seated raises
standing raises

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks bro so im thinking

3-4 sets of 6 on shoulder press

3-4 sets 6-10 reps on upright rows

and 3-4 sets 15 reps on all 3 lateral raises?

what are the 3? dumb question just cant think now

bent over raises
seated raises
standing raises
Sounds good brother, ok the 3 db lat raises are..

1- front lateral raises (these will help big time,arms straight in front of you.) elbows locked.

2- side lateral raises (arms straight out to the side like u wana fly, lateral to the ground) I keep elbows locked.

3- bent over raises. (ok do a side lateral raise when bending foreward). I bend total so my body makes a 90 degree angle.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good brother, ok the 3 db lat raises are..

1- front lateral raises (these will help big time,arms straight in front of you.) elbows locked.

2- side lateral raises (arms straight out to the side like u wana fly, lateral to the ground) I keep elbows locked.

3- bent over raises. (ok do a side lateral raise when bending foreward). I bend total so my body makes a 90 degree angle.

thanks ill start doing this routine. think im gonna do chest and tris on the same day and back and Bis. so that would free up a day for shoulders.

ill try to post another picture by the first week of march or so and see if i got any gains.

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
thanks ill start doing this routine. think im gonna do chest and tris on the same day and back and Bis. so that would free up a day for shoulders.

ill try to post another picture by the first week of march or so and see if i got any gains.
Looking good man.
You're gonna love how much more impressive your arms look after a few months of hitting shoulders hard.

If you continue to have pain on the flat bench, you may want to look into doing some RC exercises (Internal roations, ext. rotations, ect.). Your problem may be different, but I missed alot of time in the gym after tearing mine. If you start bench pressing alot of weight, (which you seem to want to do) Cuff tears can come pretty quickly.

TEAR57

TEAR57

Awards
You look good dude I would say aside from delt you may want to build up your core a bit. You have long arms like I do and a thicker core helps make the arms look not so long.

DrivenDreams

Awards
  • Established
Mass Routine - You'll gain weight if you lay in missionary while eating potatoes.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys any idea on wat to do for cor? i do good mornings, abs, front dumbell swings just started then it works core good my lower back is always really sore after workouts.

any other things for core?